PDA

View Full Version : Solid colored chassis kit's

marc
2007.06.12, 08:53 PM
Hello. Got a question for Tim regarding aftermarket chassis.
I have heard, that the smoked chassis that come with the AWD Mini-Z are not as strong as the solid plasic chassis.
If that's the case, then why are the aftermarket chassis for the MR01, MR15, and MR02 transparent? Wouldn't it be better to make solid colors?
How about offering solid colored chassis as an option for these? Include colors such as yellow, blue, green, purple, and red.
It might be too late for the MR01, but I think the MR15 and MR02 are still popular enough for this to happen.
After all, the optional chassis kit for the Mini-Z Lit is solid blue and I think it was easy to install. Think about it!

lfisminiz
2007.06.12, 09:59 PM
Good idea! Stronger but still got the bling factor. :D

marc
2007.06.12, 10:02 PM
That's what I thought! Don't get me wrong, I like the transparent options, it just puzzles me cause of the complaints I hear about the AWD's transparent chassis.

Draconious
2007.06.12, 10:43 PM
Its just the gray one tht is weaker... the crystal clear one is supose to be the strongest, no dyes to weaken the plastic... (supose to be)

soulstice
2007.06.13, 11:40 AM
Its just the gray one tht is weaker... the crystal clear one is supose to be the strongest, no dyes to weaken the plastic... (supose to be)

I don't know if that's true, I've had a few clear transparent 02 chassis and they tend to break much easier than the stock gray one.

marc
2007.06.13, 12:00 PM
What puzzles me, is if the transparent ones tend to be more brittle, than why did Kyosho release the AWD in transparent black and have the optional upgraded chassis in solid colors?

arch2b
2007.06.13, 12:17 PM
What puzzles me, is if the transparent ones tend to be more brittle, than why did Kyosho release the AWD in transparent black and have the optional upgraded chassis in solid colors?
$$, plain and simple. if you have a known weakness, it's a simple jump in logic to assume you start with the weaker product and sell an upgrade. i'm not saying this was the motivation as it could have been simple asthetics as the smoke chassis is definately nicer looking.

marc
2007.06.13, 12:23 PM
I agree. I love the smoked chassis look. That's why my MR02 has it, and my MR15 will have it. I don't care too much for the colored transparent chassis and the clear transparent one shows up a lot of dirt. What's nice about the smoked chassis, except for the AWD, is they come with the gold terminals. I wonder why the AWD didn't come with gold terminals. Again, probably money.
As the transparent ones are more brittle, and as the Lit is too expensive, I don't see theme making any color transparent chassis for the Lit.
I think it would be nice for the MR02, MR15, and AWD to have SOLID colored chassis.

jbevins
2007.06.13, 08:13 PM
I would agree, didn't make since to make the colored transparent chassis an upgrade for the 02 and the 015 and it be the weaker product just plain stupid if you ask me, but on the other hand for the AWD that's just a knowing your product and using it to your advantage, good marketing sense. wish they would make a solid colored chassis other than the blue gray

Programmers
2007.06.14, 07:07 AM
Microsoft do the same. They sell products with deliberate flaws so that people buy their service packs.

I too would like to see solid colour chassis' as my AWD clear grey chassis snapped putting batteries into it...