PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Copy Mainboard

benmlee
2007.06.13, 03:25 PM
Has anyone tried using the chinese copy mainboard. Saw some at the bay. The steering motor has plastic gear instead of brass, so that might wear out sooner. Just curious how well they perform.

locwan
2007.06.13, 06:10 PM
Has anyone tried using the chinese copy mainboard. Saw some at the bay. The steering motor has plastic gear instead of brass, so that might wear out sooner. Just curious how well they perform.

Ben, you probably mean the iwaver copies? If so, I'd suggest you not bother with it unless you're willing to spend some time replacing all the wires and adding a better quality pot and servo motor. Even with those upgrades, the steering is quite grainy.

michvin
2007.06.14, 11:06 AM
And these boards glitch like there's no tomorrow...

TinRacers
2007.06.14, 12:06 PM
Hi guys!

I wonder if anyone could help. Allthough this is an Iwaver, it seems to me I need general knowlage on RF interferance...

I've been working on the 02M (Iwaver) for a while now and I think it's a great car. I personally believe it's better than the MR02. I've installed the V2 Power Board from At**icM*ds.com and am getting a strange problem. The board runs directly on the motor output from the Rx board on the car. This is the signal to control the FETs that pulses power through to the motor from the batteries. No mods are done on the RX board... the V2 simply gets its power from the batteries and passes a regulated 6V through to the RX board on the car. The V2 then delivers power from the batteries to the motor. There is more info here: V2 Power Board (http://www.**********.com/Categories/QandA-1-28-V2-Power-Boards.aspx)

As soon as I install the V2 board, I lose 80% of the control distance. Everything else works fine. If I connect the RX power straight from the batteries instead of the regulated 6V from the V2 board, it's a little better but not much. Any Ideas what my cause this?

http://www.tinracers.co.za/catalog/images/IwaverMod3.jpg

stuZ
2007.10.20, 10:40 PM
Ben, you probably mean the iwaver copies? If so, I'd suggest you not bother with it unless you're willing to spend some time replacing all the wires and adding a better quality pot and servo motor. Even with those upgrades, the steering is quite grainy.

I have about six of those FDLabs/Iwaiver boards, and I'd also have to say stay away. I've done all the fet, pot and motor swaps. They work fine, but take a lot of mods to do so. Also, they are very delicate, as their traces pull up easily.

I'm interested in the new atomic boards. I just put one of their pots and servo motors on an FDLabs/Iwaiver board and they work great. I can only assume that the whole package would be good.

ub0211042
2007.10.21, 04:02 AM
try to move your entena away from any "power wire" i.e. motor wire or battery wire.