PDA

View Full Version : Lit vs Mr02

marc
2007.06.16, 04:14 PM
Well, lousy day at the track today. My AWD kept losing tires, quit half way down the track, and did circles all by itselfe. My MR02 Testarossa just spun around and stopped here and there no reason. And, my MR15 Altezza stopped at points around the track. Nothing worked well!
The only car that behave well consistantly, is my Lit! It's only down fall is with the Mini Cooper body it has the tendency to roll over if you go around turn's to fast. That I can handle. I am tempted to race the Mini against the other's next track day.
Question is, do I dare race the Lit against the bigger Mr02's and MR15's? It's almost fast enough to compete and it does handle well. My only concern is size compairison. What do you all think? Should I give it a shot for for hell of it?

byebye
2007.06.16, 04:42 PM
As soon as someone bumps you you'll roll I'm sure. Good luck with that.

Kris

marc
2007.06.16, 04:44 PM
that's the one thing that concernes me though. With the Lit, I'm just a small tiny little dot racing around compared to the others. I'm afraid of being beaten-up to a bloody pulp! However, at the same time, I'm small enough to get out of the way! LOL! Who knows,

byebye
2007.06.16, 04:48 PM
I'd say give it a shot. I doubt you'd be setting any records.

What's the problem with your racers?

Kris

marc
2007.06.16, 04:50 PM
I'd like to know that myselfe. the PN-spech AWD seemed to spin around all by itselfe, behaving like it's on sombody else's frequency when we know it's not. MR02 Testarossa just spins around even though it has good tires. It too stops periodically for no reason. MR15 just quits from time to time. Today we were running on a very large track that took up literaly half a high-school gym so I think range was some of the problem. Not sure how to test the cars at home cause at home they tend to work perfect.

marc
2007.06.16, 04:52 PM
I of coarse have to tape the transponder to the antenna for the Lit.

byebye
2007.06.16, 04:56 PM
Range can be a problem but I would think not so much in a school gym.

Are the lit tires pretty sticky in comparison to your other cars?

Kris

marc
2007.06.16, 04:58 PM
To answer your question byebye, the tires for the Lit seem to be the same as the stock tires on the other Z's. Just smaller, and that might be an issue.

marc
2007.06.16, 05:01 PM
Wichita Falls Texas? I thought you were in London or some place like that.

byebye
2007.06.16, 07:57 PM
To answer your question byebye, the tires for the Lit seem to be the same as the stock tires on the other Z's. Just smaller, and that might be an issue.

Hard 50 degree tires? How do you get grip.

I'm not in London anymore. I'm in Wichita Falls if you want to come beat me up :p

Kris

marc
2007.06.16, 08:37 PM
I'm honestly not sure what degree's the tires are. No, I dont' want to beat you up, but for a while it sounded like you wanted to beat me up! :) Anyway, the tires I have on my Mini Cooper actually came from the Copen as that's what the alloy's were intended for, but they seem to work well on the RCP tracks. The Lit's only down fall is it's top heavy which makes it flip if I go over tun's too fast. However, that might be different with the Diahatsu Copen as it seems to have a lower roof line. I do know the upgrades made a difference.

byebye
2007.06.16, 08:47 PM
I'm honestly not sure what degree's the tires are. No, I dont' want to beat you up, but for a while it sounded like you wanted to beat me up! :) Anyway, the tires I have on my Mini Cooper actually came from the Copen as that's what the alloy's were intended for, but they seem to work well on the RCP tracks. The Lit's only down fall is it's top heavy which makes it flip if I go over tun's too fast. However, that might be different with the Diahatsu Copen as it seems to have a lower roof line. I do know the upgrades made a difference.

LMAO!!!!! :p :p :p ;)

If it was me I'd concentrate on getting one of the racers to stick. But don't do anything to the lit. If they let you run it as a back up keep it handy.

Is the track dusty? Have you changed tires lately?

Kris

marc
2007.06.16, 08:55 PM
Track seems clean enough. Only the typical black dust, nothing mager. The only tires I've changed were the ones on the MR02 Testarossa. I changed those from the stock ones, to some degree from GPM. Not sure on the degree, I think 30's. That did seem to help some. Did not change tires on Lit. As stated, Lit's tires are whatever was originally for Copen. So maybe different than what was original for Cooper, not sure.
Anyway, be interesting to see how the Lit does against the other cars. With the hop-ups, I'm sure it has a chance. I certainly wouldnt' want to try it stock.
Right now, I'm working on a PN-spech MR02, so as you may noticed I'm selling my PN-spech AWD as well as the F1, Monster, and Overland. I can sell all four plus transmitter for 400 dollars. I think that's a deal as its basically 100 each.
Wow, 3,999 posts. Any of it any good? LOL!

byebye
2007.06.16, 08:58 PM
I guess this makes it 4000!!!

30 deg rear tires? Kyosho?

I saw your FS threads. I'm still looking for space to layout the track. I need to buy a house taylored for the track ;)

Do you have a practice track at home? Or is the track you race at open for practice?

Kris

marc
2007.06.16, 09:09 PM
I wish I had a practice track at home. While the house and basement is plenty big, I still gotta share it with dad who takes a lot of space with all his model airplanes. So, I really don't have room at home for a practice track. Fortunetly, we do have time to practice at the track before the race begins.
Another advantage to having a track at home, is to test your cars and make sure they work properly. At home just bench-testing the cars, they behave just fine! It's only at race day and at the track is where they become problematic! It's frusterating!
As I really need cash, I can let the four cars go for between 365 and 400 dollars. Obviously I'd prefer 400, but right now, 365 will do. That's still an awesome deal for 4 cars!

arch2b
2007.06.16, 09:19 PM
lets keep the fs stuff to the fs threads;)

marc
2007.06.16, 09:26 PM
No problem. He mentioned it!

byebye
2007.06.16, 09:45 PM
No problem. He mentioned it!

Uh yeah I mentioned I saw the thread. I didn't ask for a price quote or why you were selling.

The question about the practice track you answered. That had absolutely nothing to do with your FS thread bud.

Kris

arch2b
2007.06.16, 09:57 PM
sounde like intereference and range are your biggest troubles :( those can often be the hardest to diagnose as well.

there are checklists of things to check as has been posted in many threads on range/interference issues. batteries and tight connections are the gist of the checks/suggestions.

marc
2007.06.16, 10:01 PM
Uh yeah I mentioned I saw the thread. I didn't ask for a price quote or why you were selling.

The question about the practice track you answered. That had absolutely nothing to do with your FS thread bud.

Kris

Sorry, my mis-intriputation of your post. Silly me.....................

marc
2007.06.21, 02:32 PM
So what do you all think? Think the Lit has a chance against the other guys?

arch2b
2007.06.21, 02:49 PM
realistically, no. if it were in the hands of a top notch/ranked driver maybe but i still doubt it. the physical characteristics of the chassis just do not seem to lend themselves to competitive racing unless your racing other lit's

marc
2007.06.21, 03:47 PM
Yea, I know. But, it would be fun to try anyway! Just need a body that isn't so top-heavy as the Mini Cooper. One definetly has to slow down for the turns with that one or you'll do flips! That's why I'd like to trade my AutoScale Morris Cooper for the Copen. I think it will handle much better. I know it's not as fast as the MR02's and MR15's, but, we'll see.