PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver 02M finally released!

pinoyboy
2007.06.17, 02:19 PM
http://www.t o y e a s t.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02102106
http://www.t o y e a s t.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02102112
http://www.t o y e a s t.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A02102113#

Theres been alot of talk, but now that they're out, whos actually gonna get one? IMO, I'll pass for now. With shipping, its probably gonna be around $130-$140. Still too much for me to be a guinea pig on something that hasn't been tested yet, and it still is an Iwaver!:p

marc
2007.06.17, 04:30 PM
I've been hunting for their white Mini Cooper S for the longest time. So, I finally took the plunge and ordered one. Plus, I got all the blue alloy and carbon fiber hop-ups available for it. I have the gut feeling it will be better than my other cars. So, that's why I'm selling four cars for 330 bucks.
Anyway, I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives and when at the track!

pinoyboy
2007.06.17, 04:45 PM
I've been hunting for their white Mini Cooper S for the longest time. So, I finally took the plunge and ordered one. Plus, I got all the blue alloy and carbon fiber hop-ups available for it. I have the gut feeling it will be better than my other cars. So, that's why I'm selling four cars for 330 bucks.
Anyway, I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives and when at the track!

Cool beans, Definately keep us all posted on how the car works. I'd especially like to know how good that stock servo does as well as the TX and if theres any glitching.

marc
2007.06.17, 04:47 PM
I sure will. I'll post pics of the body, chassis, upgrade parts and the installation of the upgrades. I'll also let you know how it does against the other cars in the track. The beauty of this chassis from what I've read, is the ability to change out the stock servo to an aftermarket one. Hopefully, I won't need too.

pinoyboy
2007.06.17, 04:50 PM
I sure will. I'll post pics of the body, chassis, upgrade parts and the installation of the upgrades. I'll also let you know how it does against the other cars in the track. The beauty of this chassis from what I've read, is the ability to change out the stock servo to an aftermarket one. Hopefully, I won't need too.

Yup, that's one of the things I really like about it. After getting a decent setup for the car, the next thing I would likely get is a new servo.

Also, any idea if a disc damper will work with the 02M?

marc
2007.06.17, 04:53 PM
I seriously doubt it. The chassis is totally differnt design than the MR02, so what works for the MR02 wont' work for the 02M. About the only things they can share is the differential, bearings, wheels, and the motor.

Roketmini
2007.06.17, 06:06 PM
I'm interested in a Mini Cooper-S too...I'll probably never get one with the financial situation I'm in but w/e.

pinoyboy
2007.06.18, 11:15 AM
More pics and info
http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14467

marc
2007.06.18, 11:44 AM
Interesting thing about the alloy parts for Iwaver. They are designed by 3Racing. Yet, when you log onto 3Racing's web site, there is no mention what so ever about Iwaver!
Anyway, I'm very excited about this car and looking forward to racing it. I know from owning the perevious model, the chassis is much lighter than the MR02. And with the optional carbon fiber top and bottom peice, I bet this will be nice and light and will handle very well. I just wonder if the Mini Cooper will roll over.

marc
2007.06.20, 11:39 AM
I'm interested in a Mini Cooper-S too...I'll probably never get one with the financial situation I'm in but w/e.

If your interested in the Mini Cooper, and have at least 20 dollars, you can get their bodies. What's nice about the Iwaver's Mini, is they come in a range of colors, plus colors with hood stripes.

marc
2007.06.20, 05:58 PM
As mentioned earlier, I took the plunge to order the new Iwaver 02M Mini Cooper S with stripes. I also got a dozen or so blue alloy hop-ups for the car. Hop-up's include the following. Front suspension mount, knuckles, tie-rod 1 degree, motor stay, differential, rear suspension, motor mount, ball bearings, advanced motor, gun-metal BBS wheel's, blue alloy wheel nuts, and carbon fiber bottom plate and carbon fiber PCB cover. Should be a fun build when package arrives. I expect delivery next Friday. I'll do a complete write-up on installing all parts and let you know how it handles on the track!

benmlee
2007.06.20, 07:58 PM
Interesting to see that the motor pod is mounted on trunions. Rear axel can only roll, and can't take bump. Probably ok on smooth RCP track, but if is bumpy, it would hop all over the place. On the plus side, there will be no need for dampers because now there is no wheel hop. Also, because the trunions are mounted on a plate that extends to the rear of the car, the motor mount is pushed upward. The motor is quite high on the chassis. Almost half way up to a high mount. That won't be too good for handling.
Modular servo is good for upgrade and keeps out debris. With the servo up front I wonder if some of the low Kyosho bodies will fit.
This car looks promising.

marc
2007.06.20, 08:59 PM
Your also forgetting somthing about the rear motor mount. It is attached to two rear shocks similar to the old suspension kit's for the MR01's which helps side to side action.
I have the original version of this chassis before the 02M. Same chassis design, just older electronics. Was ok, but battery clips were problematic. Everytime you mounted the body on, the batteries would dislodge from their location just enough to kill the car. I'm hoping they corrected this issue for the 02M's. Of coarse, their might be a difference between useing a Kyosho body versus using an Iwaver body. Perhaps the Iwaver 02M Mini Cooper S body will not do that. Will keep you posted when I receive car.

hakhawk
2007.06.20, 10:11 PM
hi guys, thats my pics in the ausmicro thread. so far the cars been really good. they mustve redesigned the battery clips, as i havent had them come off at all yet. but thats using the mustang body. ive got no other bodies that fit, all too short. ive noticed a slight glitch when accelerating, the servo will move just the tiniest bit, but its enough to make the car turn left or right on acceleration. some of this wont be helped with the stock diff, which is pretty average.

i got bored yesterday and installed a plasmatomic minus the neo magnets coz i broke em. i havent given it full stick non stop in fear of frying the stock fets. it goes pretty damn good, but using the plasmatomic has made the steering effects worse, but i still need to give both tx and rx batteries a real good charge. and the thin motor wires get rather warm after 5 minutes or so using the plasmatomic.

any more info, just ask. im not near a track to test it out though unfortunately, so inside on carpet and lino and outside on the road are my best options atm.

marc
2007.06.20, 10:47 PM
It could be an issue with the stock servo. Try an aftermarket one if you can. You also mentioned stock diff, try and use their hop-up diff if you can get one. That I think might help you out. Still waiting for my PayPal payment to clear for T@y Ea$t order.

hakhawk
2007.06.20, 11:13 PM
you read my mind, already got another servo coming from ebay, hopefully its better. and im going to get most of the alloy parts and ball diff from toy east soon.

marc
2007.06.25, 04:58 PM
Here is the body I have chosen for my Iwaver 02M
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g184/marq74/MiniCooperSbody.jpg
No worries, this one is ALL Mine.
What's nice about the Iwaver 02M, is I've been told they come with the lights already.

color01
2007.06.25, 05:34 PM
That's like... 1/25 scale. A Mini Cooper with a 98mm wheelbase, hm... nevertheless looks pretty nice.

marc
2007.06.25, 05:35 PM
Yea, we'll see how it compairs to the Kyosho Mini Cooper.

hakhawk
2007.06.25, 10:19 PM
mine didnt come with lights, maybe i got ripped!!

does it say it comes with lights on the toy east page? i dont remember seeing lights listed anywhere.

its got a socket to plug lights directly into though.

marc
2007.06.25, 10:22 PM
I'm just saying what I heard from T@y Ea$t. They told me lights are included. Maybe they are included with package but not installed in car, I don't know. I will let you know when I receive mine this weekend.

hakhawk
2007.06.26, 01:23 AM
yeh, maybe a little incentive to buy from them, chuck in a free light set or something.

got my servo yesterday, with stock motor and no caps(stole them for the plasmatomic) theres no jitter on acceleration. stock servo had little to none.

with the plasmatomic with caps, it still moves the servo a fraction on acceleration with the new servo. so it must be in the rx board itself.

but the new servo is mint, its a e-sky one, picked it up off ebay for $10aus. has a .12s/60deg compared to the stock .17s, 1.3kg/cm instead of 1kg/cm and is not as tall sitting in the car. both are listed as 8g though. the stock servo has a part number on it, VTS-05A which comes up in google as a cheap servo, possibly a great vigor brand.

its a little bit higher pitched, but is much smoother.

for the price, a worthy upgrade i think.

marc
2007.06.26, 06:29 PM
Well, I just found out from Edmond at T@y Ea$t that it does not in fact come with lights. Edmond is one of the technical people there and he said he'll help me out with any issue I have. He also mentioned that the Mini Cooper S body can fit the MR02 chassis with the MM set-up. I still want to compare the Iwaver Mini Cooper body with the Kyosho body I just painted.
I'm also wondering if the Command Logic Light kit from the Xmods will work with the Iwaver. It looks like it's the same plug. I will try it when I recive my Iwaver package. I bet it will!

marc
2007.07.03, 07:34 PM
Cool! My Iwaver came in today! Unfortunetly, nobody was home to sign for it so I'll have to pick it up on Thurseday at the local post office. I just hope it does not get lost between now and then!
Will let you know what I think of it when I recieve it and open it up!