PDA

View Full Version : September 29, 2007 GTG (F1 ENDURO) **Rescheduled**

arch2b
2007.06.19, 08:46 PM
this will be held in germantown.

arch2b
2007.09.07, 09:15 PM
this has been rescheduled to the 29th and we will be running the f1 enduro. i suppose we will take up some tiem with other things as well :)

we still don't know where this will be held at the moment. tallgeese will have to get updates from courtney.

arch2b
2007.09.16, 02:17 PM
i know it may sound nuts but i finally got the right front offset pn d5 wheels for my hfay car and the dull silver finish made them disappear in a sense so i painted them white. the paint should come off easily later if/when i choose. i think they white color actually fits the car much better than the dull silver finish.
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1112/medium/IMG_3840.JPG

i was thinking gold.... just too hard to pull off convincingly with paint.

TheRinger
2007.09.16, 07:42 PM
i know it may sound nuts but i finally got the right front offset pn d5 wheels for my hfay car and the dull silver finish made them disappear in a sense so i painted them white. the paint should come off easily later if/when i choose. i think they white color actually fits the car much better than the dull silver finish.
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/1112/medium/IMG_3840.JPG

i was thinking gold.... just too hard to pull off convincingly with paint.
The car does look better with white wheels.

TALLGEESE
2007.09.17, 07:44 PM
That looks really good Arch.. I think the white looks better than gold, especially on that 360 GTC body.. It should be interesting to see how painted wheels hold up under race conditions.. Good job...

arch2b
2007.09.17, 07:49 PM
i'm not concerned about the paint coming off. i can scrape it off with my fingernails as is so it's going to come off. it's a purely temporay asthetic thing

TALLGEESE
2007.09.17, 08:12 PM
Arch, if you ever wanted to, you could get you're wheels custom anodized.. I used to know a guy in Manassas that did a few parts for my real car a few years ago.. If we all went in together, and we all could agree on the same color,{gunmetal gray, black}.. We could probably get it done for a decent price..

arch2b
2007.09.17, 08:16 PM
thats certainly good to know ;) i don't think i have anything at the moment that would need it but i've wanted to do it before and i'm certain the desire will arise again :)

a7i20ci7y
2007.09.19, 03:56 PM
Is it going to be F1 enduro all day, or will there be some track time for other stuff?

arch2b
2007.09.19, 04:37 PM
f1 will only account for about 1 hour of racing and maybe an hour of setup/practice. the rest of the day will be run whatever we want :)

Spoon
2007.09.19, 04:48 PM
I posted a tentative schedule here (http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=273787&postcount=16) but haven't seen any feedback on it. Any comments welcome.

Here it is again so you don't have to click over.

Final rules are TBD but I expect we'll keep it pretty simple.

* F1 chassis and body (any FETs)
* Any motor
* No Foam Tires
* Any Batteries

Tentative schedule

12:00 - 2:00 Track Setup and Practice
2:00 - 2:45 More Practice (trash talking encouraged)
3:00 - 3:30 Qualifiers
4:00 - 5:00 (Maybe 5:30) Enduro

We will either race in Germantown, MD or Fairfax, VA

arch2b
2007.09.19, 04:58 PM
i think 5 hours is a bit generous for one race but i certqainly don't want anyone to feel rushed. i know everyone wants to leave about 6pm as usual and i would like to get some other racing in as i'm sure others will as well. i'd like to run my vintage racer to break it in as well ;)

a7i20ci7y
2007.09.19, 05:06 PM
I'll try to talk Soundwave into it. He was planning on having a party that day though, so it seems unlikely. :rolleyes: Need more days in the week 'round here.

Spoon
2007.09.20, 03:18 PM
The only time that would be definitely slated for F1 would be the Quals and the actual race. 3:00 - 3:30 and 4:00 - 5:00. We could certainly run other cars in between.

arch2b
2007.09.23, 10:51 PM
tallgeese, can you confirm quickly available space?

confirm, will i have to bring my track?

looking forward to this coming weekend!!

i also got my 250 gto in and it's fun to drive a car just for giggles. this one will remain that way so long as i can resist the urge to mess it. right now i managed to stop with a dow h plate and sa decent wheel/tire combo and one used x-speed motor. it will roll over if i take it too fast into a turn but harder tires and some push helped calm it down and make it fun to drive. it's a damned good looking car to boot :p

soulstice
2007.09.24, 09:51 AM
I'm confused. Is this in germantown or at Hobyyworks?

I might be able to make this one until 4:00pm.

arch2b
2007.09.24, 09:54 AM
we were ok'd to have this at hobby works. if you guys prefer germantown, i'm ok with that.

Spoon
2007.09.24, 10:30 AM
I'm confused. Is this in germantown or at Hobyyworks?

I might be able to make this one until 4:00pm.

If you've got a running F1 that you want to throw into the mx we could try to adjust the schedule if everyone is cool with it.

Once we figure out where we will be, let's see who's definitely in and see what we can do with the schedule.

soyverde
2007.09.24, 11:43 AM
I was under the impression that we were going to run this at Hobbyworks, since it is available. The original idea was a dry-run for the longer enduro, no? I'm definitely in, and not worried about the schedule.

I'll have to do a board swap if you want to run classics, arch...my iSeries board is not playing well with the Helios. :(

arch2b
2007.09.24, 12:11 PM
soy, you are correct. i too thought it would be the dry run for the full enduro.

i imagine any other cars we run will simply be whatever you want vs. any class/type so don't worry about yoru classic car for this weekend unless you need a stock radio for it.
i have not noticed any issues with my helios and iseries nascar... what issues are you having?

Spoon
2007.09.24, 01:59 PM
Sounds good. I guess I forgot about that aspect of it.

if we can get some dimensions and Arch is willing to bring track. I'll design a layout.

I may also be able to bring some track out...we can figure those details out later.

arch2b
2007.09.24, 02:03 PM
tall posted some dimensions on the available space in his hobby works updates. what needed to be clarified was if this space included pit space adn if so how much? also, if he's bought track since then?

soyverde
2007.09.24, 02:09 PM
i have not noticed any issues with my helios and iseries nascar... what issues are you having?

The steering wiggles (pretty badly) just as it comes back to center. TheRinger tested on his Helios and got the same results. I have a bit more troubleshooting to do (e.g. swapping crystals), but it has me confused, since it worked fine with my MX-A, and all of my other boards have worked flawlessly and been dead-on out of the box with this controller.

Spoon
2007.09.24, 02:39 PM
The steering wiggles (pretty badly) just as it comes back to center. TheRinger tested on his Helios and got the same results. I have a bit more troubleshooting to do (e.g. swapping crystals), but it has me confused, since it worked fine with my MX-A, and all of my other boards have worked flawlessly and been dead-on out of the box with this controller.

Tell me more about this wiggle.

Does it 1) wiggle like an overshoot? Like if you lock the steering right and let go of the wheel it doesn't snap back without oscillating or

2) if you lock right and slowly bring it back to center not letting go of the wheel, it wiggles as it gets close to center.

If it's (1) I've had the problem before. If it's (2) I have no idea.

TALLGEESE
2007.09.24, 08:47 PM
tallgeese, can you confirm quickly available space?

confirm, will i have to bring my track?

Hey what's up.. I just got back from Hobbyworks.. If we decide to have the F1 enduro at this location, I've got a few updates... First, I got permission from Courtney to use the new space in the back of the store for this event.. He's reserving the space for us in case we need it. Courtney says that we should be able to use the space for the whole day on Saturday... The total dimensions{including pit space}is a 46ft long and 20ft wide rectangular area,[give or take a few inches}.. Which makes for a pretty good sized place to setup track.. Spoon or Arch, you guys might want to figure out what size you would want the pit area to be, since that will ultimately decide our'e total available track space..

Hobbyworks doesn't have their track yet.. So Arch, you'll have to bring you're track if we decide to have the race at this location..

I also wanted to ask.. Are we going to have a "pit road" designed into the track to pull off into so we can change batteries?? Or are we just planning on driving the car over to where we are and just pick the cars up and change batteries there?? I was talking to Matt about this, and I just wanted to know what everybody thought about this..

arch2b
2007.09.24, 09:29 PM
ok, lets assume we are going to hobby works. we need the dry run :p i'll pack up my truck as best i can. spoon, if you could bring some track it would held since i have to squeeze the box of blanks into the truck now too.

figure 4-6 people and 2 people per table. this is tight but doable and leaves more space for track. if we need more space we can figure it out there but i think 6 is a conservative estimate.

Spoon
2007.09.24, 09:56 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the info Tall. I'll start working on some layouts.

I think a pit lane is a good idea. I'll see what I can come up with. For reference a lot of the HFAY layouts are 16' by 12' or 20' by 12'. We should be able to come up with something fairly large.

I'll try to include a 3 tile straight, a pit lane, some 45's and wide insides. Any other requests or aspects of other courses people want to use?

soulstice
2007.09.24, 11:49 PM
You guys should stick to your original schedule since I don't know 100% if i'll be able to make it. I do have an F1 but have only run it twice or so.

TALLGEESE
2007.09.25, 12:25 AM
Spoon, if you can it would be great if you could include a "pit road" into the track design.. Matt was actually the first one to think of this and after he told me his idea for it I thought it was a good idea as well... I just hope a pit road won't eat up too much available track space.. If you can include a 3 tile wide straight section and some wide inside turns that would be great too, nothing like some good high-speed sections:D:D...

Soulstice, you should break out the F1 and try to make this event.. It'll be good to run w/you again and the extra track time with the F1 will only yield positive results.. I'd love to see you attend this event..

Spoon
2007.09.25, 02:25 PM
Track Layout Posted Here...

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25942

soyverde
2007.09.25, 03:20 PM
Tell me more about this wiggle.

Does it 1) wiggle like an overshoot? Like if you lock the steering right and let go of the wheel it doesn't snap back without oscillating or

2) if you lock right and slowly bring it back to center not letting go of the wheel, it wiggles as it gets close to center.

If it's (1) I've had the problem before. If it's (2) I have no idea.

It appears to be both...though the fact that it will do it at a more deliberate/slower steering pace means it ultimately fits #2 there.

Unfortunately it does this with other frequencies, on Kyosho crystals as well, so I am not holding my breath for a simple solution. If the board works fine on a KT-5 I'll probably end up selling it. It should be under warranty, but the receipt is long gone. :(

arch2b
2007.09.27, 08:58 PM
just curious but does anyone have an unpainted f1 body set?

soulstice
2007.09.27, 09:16 PM
just curious but does anyone have an unpainted f1 body set?

Formula 1 or Mclaren F1?

If anyone has formula 1 I'm interested in picking one up too after Arch.

arch2b
2007.09.27, 10:04 PM
forumla 1 :)

arch2b
2007.09.28, 08:41 PM
so anybody got somethign to show off tomorrow? all i have is my shiny new 250gto :p

i meant to ask earlier, does courtney haev kyo tires stocked? i need to pick up some new tires but not many due to the new radials coming shortly.

TALLGEESE
2007.09.28, 08:50 PM
so anybody got somethign to show off tomorrow? all i have is my shiny new 250gto :p

i meant to ask earlier, does courtney haev kyo tires stocked? i need to pick up some new tires but not many due to the new radials coming shortly.

I'll be bringing my Calsonic 350z to try and run a little before the endurance race.. Sorry Arch, no tires in stock at Hobbyworks yet.. Give it a little time, by the middle to end of October Courtney said we should start seeing Kyosho parts showing up in the store...

By the way, me and Matt should definately be there by 12 to help setup track...

arch2b
2007.09.28, 09:04 PM
thank you.

we still need someone to bring a suitable vaccuum or good broom :)

arch2b
2007.09.29, 10:41 PM
Thank you everyone for coming and making the f1 enduro a success! turns out an hour isn't that bad really. i'll post the results to the f1 enduro thread.
to sumize though, i think nearly all of us had a very good time. there was a rash of broken tie rods and atleast 1 case of a broken knuckle and motor mount parts. i upgraded to aluminum knuckles/tie rod long ago so i've never really had to worry about that. spoon has pictures that i hope he can post to the f1 enduro thread as well.

we were very glad to see imx who traveled all the way from pa to join us. it was a pleasure to have you.

tall, please thank courtney again for the use of the space.

i got home with my new toy and guess what, i was told that due to it's cost it's now an x-mas gift which will now rest in a closet till december. :( unfortunate but not entirely unjustified as i dropped $300 that was not planned or even talked about :p tip for next time, suggest the option to buy ahead of time so that if or when it happens, its not unexpected ;) so now i have a brand new parkzone cessna that will wait patiently for me and my son :cool: might be a bit tuff to fly it in december but atleast i don't have to return it :p

a7i20ci7y
2007.10.02, 08:25 AM
Pictures look like a great time. Wish I could have made it out.