PDA

View Full Version : will a 2 cell li-ion meant for mini z work with the mamba esc??

minittrackmann
2007.06.20, 12:23 AM
just wondering if the 2 cell li-ion ********** has to offer will work with a mamba 25 esc. just wondering. what are good battery packs that will fit in 1/25 but can power a mamba 8000kv motor and mamba esc? thanks!!!

Flashsp-2
2007.06.20, 03:22 AM
Li-ion can't support the massive amp draw that the mamba generates, you would be much better off going with a high end li-poly pack. Just check around for ones that say at least 10C continuous, there are a few manufacturers out there...

minittrackmann
2007.06.20, 11:30 AM
i no about all of the specs. i just need a small lipo pack that will fit in a 1/25 car. i cannot find any battery out there. does anyone no of a battery that will fit? it doesnt have to be lithium.

Flashsp-2
2007.06.20, 02:42 PM
Since you didn't give any measurements, the only two that I can think of off the top of my head which may fit are the E-tec 500mAh and the Polyquest 600mAh. Both are quite small, the E-tec being slightly longer and narrow, whereas the Polyquest is a bit shorter and wider. Hope that helps (I used a Poyquest in my carbon chassis gen 1 xmods).

minittrackmann
2007.06.21, 12:16 PM
Since you didn't give any measurements, the only two that I can think of off the top of my head which may fit are the E-tec 500mAh and the Polyquest 600mAh. Both are quite small, the E-tec being slightly longer and narrow, whereas the Polyquest is a bit shorter and wider. Hope that helps (I used a Poyquest in my carbon chassis gen 1 xmods).

it can be no longer then 2 inches, and no wider then 1 inch. which one would work better. and how much are they? thanks

Flashsp-2
2007.06.26, 07:17 AM
it can be no longer then 2 inches, and no wider then 1 inch. which one would work better. and how much are they? thanks

Sorry for the late response. I don't have access to either one of them right now, as I didn't bring either car with me to Iraq. I believe the Polyquest is about as long as a AAA cell, and I don't believe it is any wider than one inch. The Etec is a little bit longer, and quite a bit narrower. As for the prices, that I don't know. I think each pack goes for around $20 each, but I would just google it to find out who carries them. If i remember correctly, Polyquest was actually discontinuing the 600 size, but I'm not certain. Hope this helps...

minittrackmann
2007.06.26, 11:29 AM
Sorry for the late response. I don't have access to either one of them right now, as I didn't bring either car with me to Iraq. I believe the Polyquest is about as long as a AAA cell, and I don't believe it is any wider than one inch. The Etec is a little bit longer, and quite a bit narrower. As for the prices, that I don't know. I think each pack goes for around $20 each, but I would just google it to find out who carries them. If i remember correctly, Polyquest was actually discontinuing the 600 size, but I'm not certain. Hope this helps...

thanks a lot. i will search around on google. be safe in Iraq..