PDA

View Full Version : PN Racing Mini-Z World Cup U.S. Southern Regional

CristianTabush
2007.06.20, 04:29 PM
It's here guys, It will be at our test track in Houston, Texas. Pictures coming soon of one of the sweetest racing facilities for Mini-Z in the country. In the meantime, here's the flyer. Sign up is available at our on-line shop.

arch2b
2007.06.20, 05:35 PM
2007 PN Racing Mini-Z World Cup US Southern Regional

Date & Location
August 4-5, 2007
**********.com Test Track
1000 N Post Oak, Ste 225
Houston, Texas 77055

Join the Mini-Z World Champions from **********.com and race against some of the fastest drivers in the world. This race is an official qualifier for the 2007 PN Racing Mini-Z World Cup to be held on the last weekend of October, 2007 in Almada, Portugal. The top three qualifiers in each class will receive 3 nights free hotel and accommodations in Portugal (excluding airfare).

All PN Racing 2007 Mini-Z World Cup Rules are applicable. Both AWD and 2WD cars are allowed in Stock and Modified classes. Only hand-out motors will be allowed. We will run a total of three 8 minute qualifiers followed by a single 10 minute main for each class. We will use the Giro-Z timing system. Transponders should be purchased ahead of time but will also be available for purchase at the event.

Schedule
Saturday, August 4
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM Practice

Sunday, August 5
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM Final Registration / Practice
9:45 AM Drivers' Meeting
10:00 AM Racing begins with 1st qualifier

Free motor with every registration fee!

Programmers
2007.06.20, 05:37 PM
How far do people travel for this event?

CristianTabush
2007.06.21, 12:58 AM
2 years ago we had people from Wyoming come all the way to race with us. This year we may have as far as Guatemala, if I can convince some of the guys from down there to come, but why not the U.K. ;)

Maybe Byebye wants to drive down from Wichita Falls :eek:

arch2b
2007.06.21, 08:33 PM
i realized we have a subforum for pn world cup series so i moved the posts here. i also made a gallery for you, http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1148 . please feel free to use it :)

remo10
2007.06.25, 11:15 PM
I'm from San Antonio Tx and you can count me in to be there! It's only a three hour drive away!!

byebye
2007.06.26, 08:21 AM
2 years ago we had people from Wyoming come all the way to race with us. This year we may have as far as Guatemala, if I can convince some of the guys from down there to come, but why not the U.K. ;)

Maybe Byebye wants to drive down from Wichita Falls :eek:

Yeah I'm thinking I should take some leave for this ;) I'll keep you guys posted.

Kris

CristianTabush
2007.06.26, 02:45 PM
Alright guys!!! Everything is coming together great! We have tons of door prizes to give away, including 4 RCp track sets!

arch2b
2007.06.26, 03:02 PM
Yeah I'm thinking I should take some leave for this ;) I'll keep you guys posted.

Kris
i am certain you will post higher rankings than i did in pa this past weekend;) i can atleast say i did not finish last :)

CristianTabush
2007.07.28, 11:41 AM
One week left guys. Better get ready. I'm currently designing the layout on paper as we speak. I'm thinking super high speed, with a tight technical section. I'm not sold on it yet.

Roketmini
2007.08.01, 10:47 PM
Sorta OT, but I love how the main sponsor owes the majority of it's sucess to Xmods, but doesn't include them as a seperate race class :D

I mean seriously, an Xmod race class would bring in a ton more people, and expose Xmod people to the awe and splendor of Mini-Z!

Just something to think about.

byebye
2007.08.02, 07:22 AM
Unfortunately I have duty this weekend so I can't make it :(.

Rocket minii makes a good point also.

Good luck with the races this weekend guys!

Kris

CristianTabush
2007.08.02, 10:54 AM
Rocket, we intend of making a race including Xmods in the future, but this really isn't our race. This is a PN Racing event, and being so, we have to respect their format. We did explore this option though, and plan on a future event soon, inclusive of XMODS!!! Still, it will be a whole lot of fun!

Byebye, sorry you can't make it, it would've been nice to have you over.

byebye
2007.08.02, 09:57 PM
Rocket, we intend of making a race including Xmods in the future, but this really isn't our race. This is a PN Racing event, and being so, we have to respect their format. We did explore this option though, and plan on a future event soon, inclusive of XMODS!!! Still, it will be a whole lot of fun!

Byebye, sorry you can't make it, it would've been nice to have you over.

I've got 3 years here ;) So I'm sure there will be more opportunities.

Kris

lfisminiz
2007.08.06, 05:26 PM
Are you going to have a write up/pics/results of this weekends Pn race with you guys somewhere? ;)

CristianTabush
2007.08.07, 03:43 PM
We sure will, working on the results page this week. Hopefully it will be up by friday... Had a lot of fun!

Felix2010
2007.08.23, 03:26 AM
Christian,
Saw your race results on AM's site - Congrats on your finishes. I would like to say that your input on this forum is very much appreciated, esp. for constantly-tweakin' guys always trying to out-do themselves such as myself. Your '07 Mini-Z F1-class Team ride that AM's been advertising looks nice, but I'm not really an F1 guy (yet). :) I'd love to check-out what your personal set-ups were this year for MA010/MR02. I see that AM still has your 2006 PN WorldCup MA-010 Team-Edition specs up, but I'm itchin' to know what changes you made to yurr wips for this PN Regional. Many thanks.

arch2b
2007.08.23, 11:52 AM
Christian,
...I would like to say that your input on this forum is very much appreciated...
i agree :)

CristianTabush
2007.08.23, 01:15 PM
Felix, the new car set-up is coming out soon. We were running MR-02's in 94mm configuration that weekend. They are a bit quicker than the AWD's at our track currently. At the World Cup in Portugal in October, I will be campaigning both seeing as to that the classes will be divided.