PDA

View Full Version : Overland Motor

AMG
2007.06.23, 12:37 PM
What kind of motor does an Overland have, like for example, it has a 540 motor, etc. I am trying to see if an XMOD Evo motor would work and if it is better/faster. :D

arch2b
2007.06.23, 12:42 PM
ovelrand uses the same standard mini-z 130 class motor.

AMG
2007.06.23, 12:54 PM
ovelrand uses the same standard mini-z 130 class motor.

Do you know if the XMOD Evo motor would work on it, or what class it is? :confused:

arch2b
2007.06.23, 12:56 PM
it's the same size however it has different connection terminals and i'm not sure it is safe for the stock overland fets

AMG
2007.06.23, 01:07 PM
OK thank you very much.

jimbo
2007.06.24, 11:03 AM
i think i have heard of some people doing but they like the overland motor better, they just had to stick with the xmod motor because something was wrong with the motor from the ol.

Jim

AMG
2007.06.28, 10:37 AM
i think i have heard of some people doing but they like the overland motor better, they just had to stick with the xmod motor because something was wrong with the motor from the ol.

Jim

I think i will leave the stock one then.

AMG
2007.08.09, 02:49 PM
Another Q; I just got an Xmod Nissan Titan, and its motor is 27,000 RPM. How much RPM does the Overland's motor have?

AMG
2007.08.14, 10:20 AM
*****bump*****

AMG
2007.08.17, 06:36 PM
*****************bump*************************
Anyone? :d

darren
2007.08.18, 01:06 PM
*****************bump*************************
Anyone? :d
Hey guys! I love the overland series, its the most scale offroader in rc today, even more scale than Tamiya.I like driving my overlands at their scale speeds( meaning slow) like real offroaders do . So i went on a search to find the best slow but torquie motor out there, and the motor is ...................Shazammmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!the Graupner Speed 250 motor.Here are the specs Nominal voltage 7,2v Operating voltage range 3,6...8,4v NO load speed 15 000 min current drain at max,efficency 0,7A Max.efficency(without gearbox)50% Shaft diameter 2mm weight is 22g . This motor really slows the overland down to trail/crawler speeds.Im using a 9t pinion. I got the tip about this motor from Scale 4x4 rc Gallery. and i also found other info on the web that said that it works gr8 in the mini z monster.I love trailing with this motor. see with the overland its all about skill when navigating through rough and rocky terrain, but remember ! Drive this offroader to scale and you will have no problems with its performence.

darren
2007.08.18, 01:49 PM
You will need to cut the motor pod where the pos and neg terminals are so that the terminals can slide into place and seet the motor properly.Also Remove the graupner logo sticker from the motor caseing, yes this motor is a tight fit but it will work fine, I have installed 2 in less than 45 min. Also use some shock oil on the motor caseing to help the motor fit better.After the motor is installed get a solder iron and solder on the two capacitors.Note!!!!!!!!!!!!! When using the Gr 250 motor only a 9t and 10t pinion will work and you cannot use any pinion gear spacers, no spacers at all. Before driving the overland make sure that the drive train is smooth and quite by holding the truck and engaging the throttle

darren
2007.08.18, 02:02 PM
I bought this motor from Hobby lobby International on line. Price is 8.90 ea. this is really an airplane motor.Now that you have the Gr speed 250 installed , Go do some trailing.!

HammerZ
2007.08.18, 08:47 PM
Any pictures? maybe one with the two motors stock and the speed 250?

Also, can you change it back to stock if you want to?

darren
2007.08.19, 01:35 AM

Also, can you change it back to stock if you want to?
I dont have any pics as of yet. But if you want to see the Graupner speed 250 motor go to www.hobby-lobby.com .And yes you can change back to the stock motor . I love this new motor it really slows the overland down to trail speed's and gives more torque also.

darren
2007.08.19, 12:41 PM

Also, can you change it back to stock if you want to?Ok ! Here are the pics of the 250 in the motor pod, pics were taken with a treo 650 cell phone so they are not the best.

darren
2007.08.19, 12:51 PM
Ok ! Hee are the pics of the 250 in the motor pod, pics were taken with a treo 650 cell phone so they are not the best.
a couple more pics

HammerZ
2007.08.19, 06:26 PM
I do find it hard to beleve an airplane motor would be a good slow motor. Most plane motors are set up for speed. That one is labled as a 7.2v motor, and the OL runs what 4.8v. I may have to look into this as it may be a good trainer motor for the racers as well. It look's to have the mounting holes on the face end.

darren
2007.08.19, 10:42 PM
I do find it hard to beleve an airplane motor would be a good slow motor. Most plane motors are set up for speed. That one is labled as a 7.2v motor, and the OL runs what 4.8v. I may have to look into this as it may be a good trainer motor for the racers as well. It look's to have the mounting holes on the face end.Well in the spec's the operating voltage range is 3,6...8,4v but the nominal voltage is 7,2v this info is directly off of the box. Well since the OL voltage is 4.8v and the operating range for the motor begins at 3.6v the motor moves very slowly but has great torque, i have been driving my OL on and off all day with no problems, I'm going to get the OL monster and install this motor in it ,it will be great for crawling.As far as using this motor in cars for training ?I think that it would be way to slow, im telling you man this little motor really slows a vehicle down especially with the 9 tooth pinion.My overland will not even tip over at full throttle now!! And that's how I like it.What is cool is that this motor is designed to take up to 8.4v and in the OL its only getting 4.8v!! That means a long motor life, how cool is that.I have the pajero 201 and the ralley land crusier, the land crusier has a 10t pinion and the pajero has the 9t, i try to tune each overland different.I am very happy with this motor , its what I've been looking for for trailing, your gona luv it, let us know when you have one installed and what you think of it.

darren
2007.08.19, 10:56 PM
Just to show everyone how slow this motor makes the OL go, I can drive my 201 Pajero full throttle in a circle and it doesnt tip over, thats using the 9t pinion and full bearings.Now thats slow!!!!!! Just to remind everone, you need to remove the graupner logo sticker off the motor can to get the motor to fit into the motor pod.