PDA

View Full Version : ATOMIC RC World Race 2007

HKSHOBBY
2007.06.26, 06:51 AM
Effective from Jun 1, 2007, HKS Hobby Inc., is Atomic US distributor.

Atomic is going to have a RC World Race 2007. So, we are going to have two races in USA East and West Coast. There are 4 lucky winners will have a change to recieve free airticket and free hotel for final world race either in Hong Kong or Taiwan.

We should held a West Coast race in INSIDE LINE RACING on Aug. 25 - 26, 2007.

There is more information about the race information coming soon in this forum.

You could visit HKS Hobby at www.hkshobby.com or contact us at email address hkshobby@hotmail.com

**edited by moderator to remove shop advertisment (corrections in red)**

arch2b
2007.06.26, 08:01 AM
Welcome to the forum! can you please provide more information such as location?

I would like to start a subforum for the ATOMIC Mini-Z World Cup and will move this post to there when done.

please refrain from posting advertising for your shop/sales :) Everything else good :)

again, welcome to the forum and i look forward to seeing this event develope.

arch2b
2007.06.27, 11:21 AM
as you can see, i've created a subforum for this event and moved the post here.

please feel free to email me if i can be of any assitance with our forum use. for example we offer subforums for clubs and galleries as well.

Old Crow
2007.08.03, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know what is going on with this ? Is there going to be a East race ? When will it be ?

SaiTam
2007.08.04, 12:00 PM
This maybe postponed to November.

Old Crow
2007.08.06, 03:21 PM
Thank you Sai.

HKSHOBBY
2007.08.21, 01:42 AM
Atomic is going to have a RC World Race 2007. So, we are going to have two races in USA East and West Coast. There are 4 lucky winners will have a change to recieve free airticket and free hotel for final world race in Taiwan.

We should held a West Coast race in INSIDE LINE RACING on Nov 11, 2007.

There is more information about the race information coming soon in this forum.

If have any question please contact Info@InsideLineRacing.com or hkshobby@hotmail.com

You could visit HKS Hobby at www.hkshobby.com or contact us at email address hkshobby@hotmail.com

wcrotty
2007.08.21, 02:57 PM
Any idea on who will host the east coast race?

Also does every class have handout tires? If so how many extras
can be purchased and what are the prices?

Why handout tires?

herman
2007.08.22, 01:17 AM
Why handout tires?
just thinking out loud master crotty... they probably want everybody to run on almost equal footing? (pun intended)

PCB: Kyosho PCB, No Limit Booster
does this mean any fet upgrade allowed? what about stock division... will the newer 3010 fets be allowed to run with the older 3004 fets?

imxlr8ed
2007.08.22, 01:58 AM
I'm waiting for some answers here as well, I'll update as soon as I find out.
Should be an excellent event!

michvin
2007.08.22, 04:57 PM
Do I hear Alan Mok?

SaiTam
2007.08.22, 07:02 PM
I emailed him and the rules above will change with the grammar corrected and unclear items clarified. Tentative date for PA Race is 2nd weekend of November he said

imxlr8ed
2007.08.23, 02:31 AM
Still working out the details with the facility, I'll update as soon as I get downloaded myself.

HKSHOBBY
2007.08.24, 09:45 PM
RULES version 1.1 revised 8/22/07

Please read the following rules carefully. If you have any questions or concerns please email: hkshobby@hotmail.com

Since this is the first Atomic race in US, rules are subject to periodic revisions to ensure fairness and accuracy. Rules will be finalized one to two weeks prior to the first Atomic 2007 US Regional Race.

Handout motors and tires(for certain classes) are considered for fairness to all racers.

Formula 1 Stock

:) Winner of this class will receive a trophy.

Chassis: Mini-Z F1
PCB: Kyosho Mini-Z circuit board with AM 27mhz Frequency (3004 or 3010 FET) (No modifications allowed; No AD-Band; No additional FETs or turbo)
Motor: AR-076-B, Standard BB (Hand Out)
Min. Weight: 210g READY TO RUN
Max Wheel Base: 130mm
Max Car Length: 205mm
Max Car Width: 85mm

Max Car Height: 50mm

Car Body: Kyosho Mini-Z F1 Auto Scale Body

Rims: Any brand allowed as long as it is the same size as the F1 rims that come with the kit. Front width: 13.5mm; Rear width 15.5mm

Tires: Rubber tires only. Any Brand Allowed. Diameter must be the same as Kyosho made F1 tires. Traction compound not allowed. FOAM tires not allowed.

Batteries: AAA size batteries 4 cell, alkaline, NiMH or NiCd only. No Lithium or other type of battery allowed.

Frequency: AM27 MHz from Channel 1 to 12

Transmitter: Any Brand AM27 MHz transmitter is allowed

Option Parts: Any aftermarket hop-up parts is allowed

Three qualifiers and One Main, each race is 8 minutes long.

2WD STOCK

:D Winner of this class will be given hotel only (not included airline tickets) to go to TW to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007

*A-Main Winner of this class will get free hotel accommodation(not including airline tickets) in Taiwan to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007. Tentative Date: January 2008.

Chassis: MR01, MR-015, MR-02
PCB: Kyosho Mini-Z circuit board with AM 27Mhz Frequency(3004 or 3010 FET) (No modifications allowed; No AD-Band; No additional FETs or turbo)
Motor: AR-076-B, Standard BB (Hand Out)
Min. Weight: 180g
Max Wheel Base: 106mm
Max Car Length: 178mm
Max Car Width: 80mm
Max Car Height: 45mm

Car Body: Kyosho Mini-Z Auto Scale Bodies only

Rims: Any brand allowed, rims must fit within the width of the car body

Tires: HANDOUT ATOMIC Rubber/Silicon tires. Front (AR143); Rear (AR146). Traction compound not allowed.

Batteries: AAA size batteries 4 cell, alkaline, NiMH or NiCd only. No Lithium or other type of battery allowed.

Frequency: AM27 MHz from Channel 1 to 12

Transmitter: Any Brand AM27 MHz transmitter is allowed

AWD Modified.

:eek: Winner of this class will be given airline ticket and hotel to go to TW to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007

*A-Main Winner of this class gets free hotel accommodation and airline tickets to Taiwan to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007. Tentative Date: January 2008.

Chassis: MA010
PCB: Kyosho Mini-Z circuit board. AD Band is allowed. FET modification allowed. No aftermarket electronic or ESC such as NOVAK or TEKIN.
Motor: STOCK-R (MO-006 Hand Out)
Min. Weight: 190g
Max Wheel Base: 98mm
Max Car: 80mm

Tires: HANDOUT ATOMIC Rubber/Silicon tires. Front (AR143); Rear (AR146). Traction compound not allowed.

Frequency: AM27 MHz from Channel 1 to 12. AD Band Channel 1 to 20

Transmitter: Any Brand transmitter is allowed

2WD Modified.

:eek: Winner of this class will be given airline ticket and hotel to go to TW to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007

*A-Main Winner of this class gets free hotel accommodation and airline tickets to Taiwan to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007. Tentative Date: January 2008.

Chassis: MR01, MR-015, MR02.
PCB: Kyosho Mini-Z circuit board. AD Band is allowed. FET modification allowed. No aftermarket electronic or ESC such as NOVAK or TEKIN.
Motor: Chili Modify Motor (MO-007 Hand Out)
Min. Weight: 180g
Max Wheel Base: 98mm
Max Car Width: 80mm

Batteries: AAA size batteries 4 cell, alkaline, NiMH or NiCd only. No Lithium or other type of battery is allowed.

Frequency: AM27 MHz from Channel 1 to 12. AD Band Channel 1 to 20

Transmitter: Any Brand transmitter is allowed

Regulation for Drivers and Turn Marshals

1) All Drivers please secure transponder to their cars during qualifiers and races. When asked please return transponder to tech station.

2) Drivers must return to the track to marshal for the next race. At least one turn marshal must help setting the cars in their correct grid position.

3) Turn marshals should pay attention to whatís going on at the track near them. Do not talk on cell phone or fall asleep.

4) Drivers from the last heat will be responsible to turn marshal the first heat of each round.

5) No flash photography during the race since it may distract the drivers on the driver stand.

6) No talking to the drivers during qualifiers or finals.

7) Slower drivers or back markers must yield to the leader or faster cars. If you see a faster car behind you do not block it for the whole race. Race organizer may give you a warning or ask you to pull out from the race if you donít do so.
Race organizer may disqualify anybody who received more than 2 warnings for the above regulation.

:rolleyes: PS:Every driver of this event will receive gifts

Last updated 8/28/07. Rules are subject to further revision

HKSHOBBY
2007.08.24, 09:57 PM
Any idea on who will host the east coast race?

Also does every class have handout tires? If so how many extras
can be purchased and what are the prices?

Why handout tires?

tire rules

The reason for having Handout tires is to ensure
fairness for all attending racers. These tires have
been extensively tested on RCP track for consistent
performance so traction is not a problem. Using
Handout tires is the common regulation for all Atomic
Regional races throughout the world.

imxlr8ed
2007.08.27, 02:18 AM
Mushroom Bowl in Kennett Square, PA is a go for November 10th and 11th!

Very nice facility, lots of pit space, excellent drivers stand. Should have our usual large load of RCP there for this event.

As HKS said, I too have been informed from other individual sources that the tire question is nothing to worry about, these tire work fine on RCP. Also... there is going to be quite a load of all kinds of gear showing up to give out and win, sounds like Atomic is really going all out for their Regionals!

As soon as I get some more details nailed down, I will get a signup sheet together to post on here.

wcrotty
2007.08.27, 09:58 AM
Hand out tires are fine.

I just want to make sure that these are the tires that will be used so i can try some out. I have never used them before. And they will be used for all classes. (not f1)

AR-143 - 40 deg A.W. Tire for Narrow rims
AR-146 - 30 deg A.W. Tire for Wide rims
or are they different degs?

Also do you only get 1 set of tires for a class or can additional tires be purchased. If so how many sets?

This is a little confusing.

AWD Modified.

Winner of this class will be given hotel only (not included air tickets) to go to TW to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007

2WD Modified.

Winner of this class will be given hotel only (not included air tickets) to go to TW to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007

HKSHOBBY
2007.08.28, 06:23 PM
Formula 1 Stock

Winner of this class will receive a trophy.

2WD STOCK

Winner of this class will be given hotel only (not included airline tickets) to go to TW to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007

AWD Modified.

Winner of this class will be given airline ticket and hotel to go to TW to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007

2WD Modified.

Winner of this class will be given airline ticket and hotel to go to TW to compete for ATOMIC World Final 2007

Tim Johnson
2007.09.01, 10:14 AM
tire rules

The reason for having Handout tires is to ensure
fairness for all attending racers. These tires have
been extensively tested on RCP track for consistent
performance so traction is not a problem. Using
Handout tires is the common regulation for all Atomic
Regional races throughout the world.

will you need to purchase the hand out tires?

imxlr8ed
2007.09.02, 12:46 AM
I'm pretty sure handout means just that... anyone care to clarify?

wcrotty
2007.09.06, 08:16 AM
Any word on the PA race?

lfisminiz
2007.09.06, 06:31 PM
Hi Bill, i think its Nov. 10th and 11th.

imxlr8ed
2007.09.06, 08:08 PM
Yes... November 10th and 11th at the Mushroom Bowl in Kennett Square PA., still working out some of the details. I'm gonna try to get all the signup information in order this weekend.

arch2b
2007.09.07, 09:08 AM
Yes... November 10th and 11th at the Mushroom Bowl in Kennett Square PA., still working out some of the details. I'm gonna try to get all the signup information in order this weekend.
i'll see how this fits into our dc schedule and rearrange if necessary so we don't have a conflict.

CristianTabush
2007.09.07, 12:11 PM
Alan, hate to be the one that points out that a Chili motor and 30 deg ATOMIC rears on RCP will make for a miserable experience in the 2wd modified class. If anything use Kyosho tires as the handouts...

We are going to try and make this event, it is only 2 weeks after the PN World Cup Final, so it might be a little tough to attend. Hopefully the tire issue is examined a little bit more as 30's in modified, in the rear end are pretty much worthless on RCP...

imxlr8ed
2007.09.07, 03:07 PM
I've heard it's all new compounds, but it's one of those things I won't believe until I see them. Itt thought that the AWDs wouldn't have too much of an issue, but yes... the 2WDs would be a pain. (if they really run like regular 30s)

Glad to hear you guys are going to try to make it up here for this!

Alan... please email me at fastbowtie@hotmail.com and let me know how you are going to handle signups. I can make up the flyers, but I need the information to do it.

imxlr8ed
2007.10.01, 03:31 PM
Atomic Race at Mushroom Bowl cancelled!

DOW will not be hosting this event... can't seem to get hold of HKS to work out the details for the event. Don't want to make people rush plan for the event either.

Brian@crc
2007.10.17, 01:19 PM
Atomic Race at Mushroom Bowl cancelled!

DOW will not be hosting this event... can't seem to get hold of HKS to work out the details for the event. Don't want to make people rush plan for the event either.

that is too bad, I know a few drivers were hoping to attend :(

If anyone can come up to Canada our Atomic Cup race is a big GO!

you can post about it here: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26366

imxlr8ed
2007.10.17, 02:50 PM
Did anyone ever get hold of HKS? Is anyone up there in contact with him?

wcrotty
2007.10.17, 02:59 PM
I just sent him email to see if he is still looking for tracks to have the event.

We could maybe have the race up here in NH maybe. I still have the PN worlds track from last year and it would be a great introduction to the new I-Lap counter.

But it would be better if the race was in a closer location for southern east coasters.

benmlee
2007.11.07, 01:29 PM
Did anyone ever get hold of HKS? Is anyone up there in contact with him?

There is suppose to be a race up in Santa Clara with Inside Line Racing on 11/11. Have not heard read about that either.

Z_408
2007.11.09, 12:13 AM
There is suppose to be a race up in Santa Clara with Inside Line Racing on 11/11. Have not heard read about that either.

The 11/11 race has been postponed. I have had some contact and am told that I will get an answer next week for the exact date of this event. I will keep everyone posted.

Z_408
2007.11.29, 02:20 PM
The US West Coast Atomic World Cup will be held January 12, 2008 at Inside Line Racing. More information will be posted shortly.

thank you,
Z_408

http://www.insidelineracing.com/pictures/atomic cup form.jpg