PDA

View Full Version : Custom Yet Temporary Skid Plate

AMG
2007.06.27, 04:36 PM
Well, once again i got bored so i decided to do something to my OL. I wanted to do a skid plate out of alloy, etc. but i didnt have any at the time so i just had to stick to what i had...cardboard... :D :D

This is just temporary; i plan to make it out of something harder yet thinner than cardboard. It works well for now, though i had to sacrifice some ground clearance.

jimbo
2007.06.27, 05:46 PM
Different, i suppose it does help alot. can wait to see how it look when you make it out of something else.

Jim

AMG
2007.06.28, 11:36 AM
Different, i suppose it does help alot. can wait to see how it look when you make it out of something else.

Jim

Thanks, it is different. I was thinking about how to make it out of alloy or aluminum, but now i have decided that i might sell the overland; I like the Tamiya CC-01 Touareg.

MiniZMaster
2007.06.28, 05:41 PM
i have a bunch sheet metal. and im making the thing for thee frount so i can go up rocks. ill try to make some thing like this and see how it goes. but wouldnt it get it the way when your rock crawing??

AMG
2007.06.28, 05:44 PM
Well, you would have to sacrifice some ground clearance, but it works; it protects the bottom of the car.

MiniZMaster
2007.06.28, 05:47 PM
yeah but im saying when your flexing over rocks wont you lose some flex? ill have to make one just to see what its like lol.

AMG
2007.06.28, 05:55 PM
yeah but im saying when your flexing over rocks wont you lose some flex? ill have to make one just to see what its like lol.

Well, i did mine out of cardboard, so my X5 does loose some flex, but I guess that you have to divide the skid plate in three parts; the front, the middle, and the rear, so that the front and rear can articulate well.