PDA

View Full Version : Micro-T Baja!

marc
2007.06.30, 12:44 PM
Sweet! The 1/36 scale Micro-T now comes in Baja Bug form! Found one on ebay. I might build my self a new one based on this Baja Bug, since I sold my last one.

arch2b
2007.06.30, 12:56 PM
yeah, i like the looks of this one much better than the truck.

marc
2007.06.30, 12:58 PM
Me too. I've been told it's available in Candy Red, Gun-metal grey, and candy blue. I'm thinking of getting another one as I regret selling my old one. They are a lot of fun as they are the right size for my house and they can go places the Mini-Z's can't.

marc
2007.06.30, 01:00 PM
I've also seen at TheT@yz some pretty sweet new hop-up chassis for these babies.

arch2b
2007.06.30, 01:00 PM
marc, not a bad plan but if i may suggest, put that on hold. you just went thru a huge sell off. looking to buy more rc's doesn't sound like the smartest thing to do right now.

marc
2007.06.30, 01:02 PM
True. And I'm still waiting for my Iwaver to come in. I'm sure this will still be available in the future.

anarchydude
2007.07.02, 12:13 AM
Can't wait to check em out at the store. Losi has defintely caught the Baja fever!

Wonder if they'll do a Micro Slider, or a Micro-LST? I'd totally dig a Micro-LST.

marc
2007.07.02, 09:02 PM
I've heard one disapointing thing about this new Baja. It's rear body mount is further back than that of the truck's. There for, you can not simply swap the bodies. One would need to make some sort of adaptor to go from the standard mount, to the rear.

marc
2007.07.05, 10:47 AM
I noticed on ebay that GPM now has a lot of alloy parts available for the Micro-T. Not as many as other companies, but here is what I found.
With the Hot-Racing parts, you use the stock screws and some oil to thread into the new alloy parts. This can be a pain in the butt to do.
With GPM's parts, GPM provides screws specifically for the part and they always tap and die their stuff so threading in screws is no problem.
So if your going to alloy-up your Micro-T, I'd go with GPM. I know Atomic makes the same hop-ups, but I don't know if they provide the necessary screws or not.