PDA

View Full Version : ***new Parts*** Jul/aug

Tim Johnson
2007.07.10, 10:35 AM
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/parts_images/MZW110BL.jpg
MZW110BL Mini-Z Maintenance Stand
Machined aluminum block produces high quality maintenance stand. Exceptional quality and workmanship for stable maintenance platform. Features non-slip sheet and rubber stoppers.
*For Mini-Z Racer Mini-Z MR-02 / MR-015, Mini-Z AWD MA-010

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/parts_images/MZW221.jpg
MZW221 FRP Rear Suspension Plate Set (MM Type)
Rear suspension plate made from FRP material. Produces better flex characteristics than carbon for improved rear traction on low-grip surfaces. Includes 3 plates with different levels of rigidity. For MM chassis. Includes soft, medium and hard types.
*Compatible with Mini-Z Racer MR-02 / MR-015

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/parts_images/MZW222.jpg
MZW222 FRP Rear Suspension Plate Set (RM Type)
Rear suspension plate made from FRP material. Produces better flex characteristics than carbon for improved rear traction on low-grip surfaces. Includes 3 plates with different levels of rigidity. For MM chassis. Includes soft, medium and hard types.

arch2b
2007.07.10, 10:48 AM
thank you for the update!

will kyosho ever sell the rear suspension plates in packs of 3 of the same hardness? i hate wasting money on a full set only to use 1.

Spoon
2007.07.10, 12:16 PM
That's a great question there Arch. I think most people settle on one hardness and stick with that. I have been able to trade with other members here though...so that helps.

I wonder what that stand and the plates are going to sell for...

arch2b
2007.07.10, 12:40 PM
i certainly appreciate the variety pack but for those who are no longer searching for the right suspension plate, they either haev to go thru hoops to get the ones they want or they simply go to an aftermarket manufacturer. and honestly, kyo is driving them away by not offering these seperately.

if any of the kyo aluminum mini-z parts are an indication, this board will cost a fortune. i have to believe kyo does not sell many aluminum parts soley because they are often significantly higher in price and more often than not, more stock replacement than improved design.

color01
2007.07.10, 04:50 PM
FRP? It's about time, more roll stiffness for the same overall stiffness.

lfisminiz
2007.07.10, 07:16 PM
Looks like some nice stuff. :)

TheRinger
2007.07.10, 09:38 PM
SWEET! I can't wait to try those new H-plates :D . When wiil they be avaliable?

HaCo
2007.07.12, 03:14 PM
will kyosho ever sell the rear suspension plates in packs of 3 of the same hardness? i hate wasting money on a full set only to use 1.

From kyosho.co.jp english site... :)

TALLGEESE
2007.07.12, 04:42 PM
i certainly appreciate the variety pack but for those who are no longer searching for the right suspension plate, they either haev to go thru hoops to get the ones they want or they simply go to an aftermarket manufacturer. and honestly, kyo is driving them away by not offering these seperately.

You're 100% right about that Arch, I was running last week and broke a soft Kyosho carbon fiber rear mount H-plate.. Now I have to dish out 16 bucks just to get another H-plate.. :mad: Don't get me wrong, In my opinion the Kyosho plate is the highest quality one out there.. But they really should sell them individually.. I might go try Atomic's soft silver graphite H-plate. They're only 6 bucks each, and not sold in sets of 3...

Spoon
2007.07.12, 07:36 PM
You're 100% right about that Arch, I was running last week and broke a soft Kyosho carbon fiber rear mount H-plate.. Now I have to dish out 16 bucks just to get another H-plate.. :mad: Don't get me wrong, In my opinion the Kyosho plate is the highest quality one out there.. But they really should sell them individually.. I might go try Atomic's soft silver graphite H-plate. They're only 6 bucks each, and not sold in sets of 3...

I tried the soft silver Atomic plates and didn't have much luck. I got a soft and a super soft. I broke one of them (don't remember which). If I can track down the other one you can have it to try out.

TALLGEESE
2007.07.12, 08:08 PM
I tried the soft silver Atomic plates and didn't have much luck. I got a soft and a super soft. I broke one of them (don't remember which). If I can track down the other one you can have it to try out.

Thanks a lot Spoon, I really appreciate that.. One of our fellow racers(Matt)has been using the Atomic H-plates on a Mid-Mount setup with good results.. Hopefully the rear-mount plates work just as well..

Spoon
2007.07.12, 09:27 PM
Thanks a lot Spoon, I really appreciate that.. One of our fellow racers(Matt)has been using the Atomic H-plates on a Mid-Mount setup with good results.. Hopefully the rear-mount plates work just as well..

Glad to see that they work out for him. The one I would have is MM so it wouldn't work out for you anyway. I missed that on your previous post. I'll still dig it up though, maybe Matt can use it.

arch2b
2007.07.13, 08:17 AM
perfect example on how kyo is missing out on potential sales by not selling h plates by stiffness instead of one bundle/variety pack.

i loved the atomic ssg soft mm plate. i just don't run mm anymore... i have not been able to find the ssg soft rm plate in a long time. for awhile ato sad they were discontinued. fyi, we should carry this conversation to the 'ask atomic' forum ;) tim i'm sure could care less about discussion on atomic h plates. :p

TALLGEESE
2007.07.13, 11:20 PM
Has anybody seen the other maintenance stand?? Kyosho's got a green anodized limited-edition stand, called the "Omotesando" version, It's pretty tight looking.. It's almost the same as the blue one, shown above..

arch2b
2007.07.14, 07:18 AM
Has anybody seen the other maintenance stand?? Kyosho's got a green anodized limited-edition stand, called the "Omotesando" version, It's pretty tight looking.. It's almost the same as the blue one, shown above..
link or picture?

TALLGEESE
2007.07.14, 12:07 PM
link or picture?

Arch. I found pics and a description of the stand on Kyosho's website.. In the "what's new" section.. The Kyosho part number for the stand is MZW-110 GR..

arch2b
2007.07.14, 12:36 PM
found it, thanks. not sure it would be worth the cost either. afterall, htey are just blocks of aluminum. i think the atomic boards are slightly more attractive and atleast the pn board has other feautres for setup tweaking. other atomic boards may have them as well.

Tim Johnson
2007.07.16, 10:28 AM
found it, thanks. not sure it would be worth the cost either. afterall, htey are just blocks of aluminum. i think the atomic boards are slightly more attractive and atleast the pn board has other feautres for setup tweaking. other atomic boards may have them as well.

the green version will be relased to the kyosho japan retail store only....

Spoon
2007.07.18, 01:49 PM
Based on pre-release Japan prices it looks like the stand will be in the $25 range. Could be more, could be less. I am just basing this on the cost in YEN.

Spoon
2007.08.15, 03:10 PM
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/parts_images/MZW221.jpg
MZW221 FRP Rear Suspension Plate Set (MM Type)

I just got a set of the FRP MM h-plates. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. They seem a little thinner than the carbon H-plates.

gasman1
2007.08.15, 05:21 PM
they look exactly like Ed's plates :eek: He was making these plates for our club and anyone else that wanted them for the last three years. Oh yeah, they are free!

imxlr8ed
2007.08.15, 05:36 PM
Yes... I've been running lexan since I've owned MR01s. Seemed to be a very needed thing for carpet racing. Was very necessary when using the old GPM oil shocks. I still run them on a few of my cars... have all kinds of versions now. (one top secret version too :rolleyes: )

arch2b
2007.08.15, 07:12 PM
imx, a couple of my guys would like to get some more of your special mm h plates ;)

imxlr8ed
2007.08.15, 08:24 PM
No problem.

Guess I should start marketing my own versions too. ;)

jakster!
2007.08.16, 05:32 AM
i went and raced at dorks in december, ed gave me a hand full of these, they really work very well on the carpet track i race in florida!

arch2b
2007.08.16, 07:34 AM
i went and raced at dorks in december, ed gave me a hand full of these, they really work very well on the carpet track i race in florida!i had one on my sons car and it was damn near indestructible. now a couple of our guys use them ;) lets not get father away from the topic though :p

Tim Johnson
2007.08.16, 11:55 AM
looks like the FRP plates will arrive this Friday.

HaCo
2007.08.18, 03:20 AM
Tim,
Could u tell something on MZW-111, it's an equipment box with equipment. An image would be nice. On kyosho.de they say it's something new (and seeing the P/N it's newer then the car stand).
Thanks

Tim Johnson
2007.08.18, 07:15 AM
Nope. Sorry. It is too early. it is not due out till October or so. I will post it up in the propper thread, as this is not, when I have correct information.

BTW the FRP T plates will be shipping to a LHS near you Monday

arch2b
2007.08.18, 08:37 AM
are things like these frp plates produced in large batches than say autoscales? i'm just curious to the level of availability for parts vs. autoscales, i know there is a difference :)

Tim Johnson
2007.08.18, 03:37 PM
are things like these frp plates produced in large batches than say autoscales? i'm just curious to the level of availability for parts vs. autoscales, i know there is a difference :)

um...parts are a different thing. Kyosho could keep parts in stock for up to 5-10 years, depending on how popular the chassis.

marc
2007.08.22, 09:38 AM
You can now get these FRP peices on the bay at Hobby Japan.

Tim Johnson
2007.08.22, 10:45 AM
You can now get these FRP peices on the bay at Hobby Japan.

but why when you can get them from Tiny R/C or other such LHS in the Good old USA?

marc
2007.08.22, 11:06 AM
Probably cause I was not aware we had theme in stock yet! :) Good to know!