PDA

View Full Version : What kind of gear to "crawl"

X3n0
2007.07.12, 03:21 PM
As it is stock my Hummer hauls...ok great but I want to slow it down to run over stuff at a more controlled pace (OVERLANDING !) Is there a specific kind of gear I need to replace to do this. If I am not mistaken when I got it , it came with some extra gears, is it one of them ?

im8im8
2007.07.12, 05:26 PM
As it is stock my Hummer hauls...ok great but I want to slow it down to run over stuff at a more controlled pace (OVERLANDING !) Is there a specific kind of gear I need to replace to do this. If I am not mistaken when I got it , it came with some extra gears, is it one of them ?

to go slow, I would use the smallest pinion gear (gear that goes onto the motor) and largest spur gear (gear that touches the pinion gear). This will give you the most torque but slower top end speed.

X3n0
2007.07.12, 09:00 PM
to go slow, I would use the smallest pinion gear (gear that goes onto the motor) and largest spur gear (gear that touches the pinion gear). This will give you the most torque but slower top end speed.

well I have the 9T on the motor ...but I think the truck only comes with one pinion....do they make others with more teeth. How many on the stock ?

Lexus86
2007.07.13, 01:46 AM
im not sure but i know they have others available i have seen them on eBay

darren
2007.08.18, 03:53 PM
Hey !Ok I found a motor to make the overland a true trailer/crawler. Its the Graupner speed 250 motor. This motor will slow your overland down to a trail/crawler. I just installed 2 into to a couple of my OL's. Go to the motor part of this forum I did a writeup on this trailer motor.It's what your looking for I guarentee you.