PDA

View Full Version : sticky front suspension

azrcnut
2007.07.12, 10:26 PM
How do you get the front end suspension to move smoothly ? ...I am still running stock. If I have to upgrade to the k-aluminum spindles which degree.....thanks

TALLGEESE
2007.07.13, 12:21 AM
How do you get the front end suspension to move smoothly ? ...I am still running stock. If I have to upgrade to the k-aluminum spindles which degree.....thanks

Try upgrading the stock front steering kingpins with stainless-steel ones.. Kyosho, Atomic and a few other companies make them. The stock kingpins are known for sticking.. If you want you can also try polishing the stock kingpins with Mother's or MAAS polish, or any other aluminum polish.. I used the Mother's on my F1's kingpins and I got great results.. Hope this helps ...

azrcnut
2007.07.13, 07:53 AM
Try upgrading the stock front steering kingpins with stainless-steel ones.. Kyosho, Atomic and a few other companies make them. The stock kingpins are known for sticking.. If you want you can also try polishing the stock kingpins with Mother's or MAAS polish, or any other aluminum polish.. I used the Mother's on my F1's kingpins and I got great results.. Hope this helps ...

I will try that thanks!!!

HaCo
2007.07.13, 11:47 AM
Just unpacked my brand new McLaren #10 of J-P Montoya and noticed the same thing. Luckely I bought some ATM king pins with it, that resolved the problem. Also bought some bearings, should be a good starting point. :)

fastXracer24
2007.07.13, 12:35 PM
Sometimes kingpins isn't enough. I ran a small drill bit through the holes. (SAME SIZE AS THE HOLE) just to clean the inside walls up. It helped a bit.

azrcnut
2007.07.13, 01:48 PM
I polished the king pins and that worked sweet......thanks

TALLGEESE
2007.07.13, 02:07 PM
I polished the king pins and that worked sweet......thanks

I'm glad to see that worked out well for you..

ruf
2007.08.09, 10:47 PM
If you decide to go with the aluminum knuckles, Kyosho 1-degree are a pretty good bet. The Atomic versions are decent as well, but they require the use of MR02 springs instead of MR01 springs. Great for tuning options, but I've found that the Kyoshos' inserts are a little smoother, and that the F1 isn't that sensitive to front spring rate anyways.