PDA

View Full Version : Increase motor braking w/Helio EX-10?

Z_408
2007.07.13, 02:11 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to increase the amount of motor brake during coasting. I have the brake turned all the way up and when I let go of the throttle, it coast for a long time. I would like for the car (MR-02) to decrease in speed when I let off. I know I can put a different motor or magnets that will give me this effect, but I would like to know if it is possible to do with just the TX.

Thanks in advance for you help,
Z_408

arch2b
2007.07.13, 08:14 AM
could you not adjust an end point adjustment? god knows there are enough things to adjust with the ex-10, i am almost certain that what you want can be done in some fashion. then again, i have to ask spoon how to fix my helios :o

pchan0
2007.07.13, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to increase the amount of motor brake during coasting. I have the brake turned all the way up and when I let go of the throttle, it coast for a long time. I would like for the car (MR-02) to decrease in speed when I let off. I know I can put a different motor or magnets that will give me this effect, but I would like to know if it is possible to do with just the TX.

Thanks in advance for you help,
Z_408

Drag brake you mean? Go negative/reverse on throttle trim.

Z_408
2007.07.13, 12:38 PM
Drag brake you mean? Go negative/reverse on throttle trim.

I have tried negative throttle trim. When I do this I can not engage reverse.

jbevins
2007.07.13, 06:53 PM
if your using the stock controller then when you adjust the throttle to negative/reverse like everyone is saying then the brakes should kick in as soon as you let off the throttle, now if you have the trim maxxed then as soon as your car stops, it may kick into reverse

benmlee
2007.07.15, 11:44 PM
I have tried negative throttle trim. When I do this I can not engage reverse.

You can't engage reverse because when you let go of the throttle, the car is already in reverse. You need to press the throttle a little to get back to neutral and then go into reverse. Sometimes is very tough to find neutral. You end up trying several times to go into reverse.
You are in luck if you have a EX-10. Assign throttle preset to one of the button. Set the throttle preset to jump to neutral whenever you press the preset button. Now all you have to do is press the preset button to go into reverse.
Also if you want more braking than throttle trim let you have, you can also set the subtrim to reverse.

Z_408
2007.07.19, 02:58 PM
You can't engage reverse because when you let go of the throttle, the car is already in reverse. You need to press the throttle a little to get back to neutral and then go into reverse. Sometimes is very tough to find neutral. You end up trying several times to go into reverse.
You are in luck if you have a EX-10. Assign throttle preset to one of the button. Set the throttle preset to jump to neutral whenever you press the preset button. Now all you have to do is press the preset button to go into reverse.
Also if you want more braking than throttle trim let you have, you can also set the subtrim to reverse.

Thanks for the information. I will give this a try.

DeOz
2007.09.18, 12:55 PM
Yo buddy whats up? Besides your standard trim (sounds like you have already adjusted) where do you have your "Sub" trim set for? Also what % do you have for rev on the remote?

I will be at ILR Wed. I should be able to get that to work for ya.

- Dana