PDA

View Full Version : New Mini Z Track Coming Fall 2007! NJ NY AREA!

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.02, 01:54 AM
Hello Friends!

We are opening up a new mini z racing facilities in the NJ NY area.

!5 minutes out of the GWB.

Good friendly fun environment.

Taking email addresses of those in the NJ NY area who are interested in getting notified of the new track and the new point series.

Email Us at:

MiniZracingClub@gmail.com

See you all there!

Davey G
2007.08.02, 09:09 AM
Do you have any other details? Permanent, temporary, exact location, onsite hobby store??? :cool:

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.02, 09:57 PM
Do you have any other details? Permanent, temporary, exact location, onsite hobby store??? :cool:

Hey davey,

The track is going to be permanent with an onsite hobby shop in Saddle Brook NJ. Core lap system, banked oval for nascar and onroad racing as well.

email us so that we can notify you when we are set to open. We are putting up some finishing touches but it looks like our plan to open on September 1st is on schedule.

MiniZracingclub@gmail.com

Thanks!

SaiTam
2007.08.03, 08:07 AM
RCP or Carpet?

If you are undecided as of now I'd vote for carpet. Carpet allows more use of space and more creative corners. Also it's more lung friendly without the RCP dust.

http://www.miniz.hk.st/images/club_track_decoration_20070205/IMG_0726.JPG

bermbuster
2007.08.03, 09:38 AM
i believe the the track will be rcp.....finally a place to race minutes from home..... :cool:

herman
2007.08.04, 03:23 AM
hey sai... that looks like the track in h.k.!!! i miss that place... how long ago was that taken?

and to add... you can drift on carpet... :D

herman
2007.08.04, 03:26 AM
hmmm i see you're in nj... where do you guys race in nj?

SaiTam
2007.08.04, 05:25 AM
Yes the AWD runs better on carpet whether it's gripping or drifting.

There's no permanent racetrack that I know of in NJ until this one opens up.

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.04, 09:28 AM
Hello everyone!

Wow the response has been great since we posted about the new track.

Here is some quick updates that will probably answer most of the quesions above.

First of all that track pictured above looks way cool! We thought about what the surface would be for a while and we decided to start with RCP we are having it customized for the track and we are actually expecting it some time next week i believe wednesday.

The track is going to by addjustable so that we can do onroad and oval nascar with BANKS!!!

It also looks like we are going to have a video feed of racing as well. Not 100% sure on that but thats what my partner and i mentioned.

It looks like we are on schedule to open by september 1st. We did have a slight setback when our slat wall units where delivered the other day all broken up and in pieces.

We will post some pics when the track and the store is 90 percent done.

Until then remember if you want to be notified by email please email us at:
Minizracingclub@gmail.com

Have a great day everyone and we look forward to having fun with you all!

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.05, 07:25 PM
Yes the AWD runs better on carpet whether it's gripping or drifting.

There's no permanent racetrack that I know of in NJ until this one opens up.

Sai,

It looks like we will be racing together agian.

I have raced with you a few times in NJ and im sure you will be happy with the new place.

As mentioned above we are going to be starting with the RCP and who knows maybe later change. But we are always open to suggestions.

Have a great day and see you soon!

k_bojar
2007.08.05, 10:17 PM
do you have an address for the building where this new track is gonna be?? I'd like to see exacly how far from Phily you all are gonna be :)

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.05, 10:45 PM
do you have an address for the building where this new track is gonna be?? I'd like to see exacly how far from Phily you all are gonna be :)

K bojar,

The track will be located in Saddle Brook NJ. Looking forward to having you!

Remember to send us your email address so that we can notify you of our grand opening.

Thanks and keep checking this thread for updates.

See ya soon!

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.05, 10:48 PM
Just to let you all know whats been happening.

We expect the custom RCP to arrive midweek.

It also looks like we will be able to provide internet feed of the racing action.

Also in the works is the possibility of holding two very big races.

Races that im sure many will be interested in being a part of.

Thanks again for all the responses via the email address.

Remember if you want us to notify you please remember to contact us via email at:

MiniZracingclub@gmail.com

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.09, 11:29 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update everone and let them know that for the grand opening we will be having some nice give aways.

More updates coming soon.

Have a great weekend.

bermbuster
2007.08.11, 10:58 AM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update everone and let them know that for the grand opening we will be having some nice give aways.

More updates coming soon.

Have a great weekend.

any date set for the grand opening....want to make sure im in town....
are you going to stock PN and Atomic hop ups?

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.20, 10:29 AM

Those who dont know yet.

The store and track are opening on September 1st.

Our grand opening with the prizes and giveaways will be on October 1st, 2007.

Be sure to spread the word for the Grand Opening date as we will be giving away some door prizes.

Remember to email us at minizracingclub@gmail.com if you would like to be notified by email of further information.

Thanks again!

P.S. The track has turned out really nice and we have customized it so that we can make a lot of changes to it. I ran my Indy car on the oval and it was just so cool. I hope some of you have the Indy cars so we can run that class.

So far we have come up with at least 4 lay outs to choose from and are working on some more designs.

Speak with you all soon.

Leo

SaiTam
2007.08.21, 10:00 AM
Where exactly is the shop?

bermbuster
2007.08.22, 08:51 AM
Where exactly is the shop?

the shop is at 350 Market St. Saddlebrook. If you are traveling west on Market St. It is on the Left side. Market St becomes Essex St. Very easy to get to from rt 80 and or rt 17.

michvin
2007.08.22, 05:54 PM
the shop is at 350 Market St. Saddlebrook. If you are traveling west on Market St. It is on the Left side. Market St becomes Essex St. Very easy to get to from rt 80 and or rt 17.
I wish it was closer than that..... What would be racing days? Friday nights or weekends?

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.22, 11:36 PM

Hello Berm and everyone!

The store is opening September 1st. Our grand opening will be on october first. We had a test race recently to test the lap counter and the track with six of us and it ran flawlessly.

yes we will be carrying Atomic and PN racing.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Remember the grand opening has been moved to October 1st. but the store and the track are opening on September 1st.

Have a great week all!

Maj's Hobby Shop
Saddle Brook NJ

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.22, 11:54 PM
I wish it was closer than that..... What would be racing days? Friday nights or weekends?

We have not yet set in stone our racing schedule but for certain there will be racing on the weekends im sure. I will get back to you on that.

I know we will have at least two or three days of racing since we are running oval and on road classes.

Have a great week.

Remember to send us an email at Minizracingclub@gmail.com to be added to the email list.

Maj's Hobby Shop

michvin
2007.08.23, 01:56 AM
We have not yet set in stone our racing schedule but for certain there will be racing on the weekends im sure. I will get back to you on that.

I know we will have at least two or three days of racing since we are running oval and on road classes.

Have a great week.

Remember to send us an email at Minizracingclub@gmail.com to be added to the email list.

Maj's Hobby Shop
Friday night would be great.... :rolleyes:
You came to Staten island track couple of times, right? Name sounds familiar...

HobbyShopOwner
2007.08.25, 01:52 AM
Friday night would be great.... :rolleyes:
You came to Staten island track couple of times, right? Name sounds familiar...

Maj did race at the staten island track a few times.

Is that track still open. I thought I heard that they closed down. Did i hear wrong?

Until next time, have a great weekend.

michvin
2007.08.25, 01:57 AM
Maj did race at the staten island track a few times.

Is that track still open. I thought I heard that they closed down. Did i hear wrong?

Until next time, have a great weekend.They are open and have pretty big crowd, although summer is somewhat slow.

mini-z champion
2007.08.29, 12:58 PM
Those who dont know yet.

The store and track are opening on September 1st.

Our grand opening with the prizes and giveaways will be on October 1st, 2007.

Leo

I though the grand openning day would be either last Saturday of Sep. or first Saturday of Oct., and I'll be there for sure.
BUT, October 1st is NOT a Saturday! :confused:, and I won't be able to make it. :(

bermbuster
2007.08.29, 02:13 PM
this saturday will be the first real day they will open.......
they will have a door prize grand opening Gala the first weekend in Oct.....
check back for the official date!!!!(i dont know it....)
being this weekend is Labor day weekend some will be away and miss the prizes.....

bermbuster
2007.09.02, 11:24 AM
opening day was an awesome time......the track is awesome with its high banked(35 ish degrees) backed straight and turns.......
This Thursday night will be the first race......cant wait.........

Used2xmodding
2007.09.07, 03:54 PM
what hours are u open tonight and how far from manhattan by bridge are ur store

Davey G
2007.09.11, 10:24 PM
pics pics pics!

SaiTam
2007.09.14, 10:36 PM
Pics are in RCTech forum

bermbuster
2007.09.16, 09:27 AM
we are having a great time racing at Maj's....