PDA

View Full Version : List of different iwaver chassis?

rctoyguy
2007.08.03, 09:26 AM
Where can I find a list of the different iwaver chassis, along with possibly what the differences are in them? I have found all of this info on Mini-Z's, but I can't find it on the iWaver. The iwaver site isn't any help, and I've skimmed some of the threads here, but can't find this info.

We are starting a Mini-Z class with my club, and I'm looking for a car. We have one guy with a highly modified iwaver that is very fast and handles great - but I don't know where to start with duplicating it - HeHe...

Also - are all iwaver bodies interchangeable with Mini-Z? What about other parts? (not counting electronics)

rctoyguy
2007.08.03, 10:41 PM
Anyone? I'm just trying to get an idea of the different models so that I know what I'm looking at with used cars (or new ones for that matter).

leonen
2007.08.06, 08:07 AM
Where can I find a list of the different iwaver chassis, along with possibly what the differences are in them? I have found all of this info on Mini-Z's, but I can't find it on the iWaver. The iwaver site isn't any help, and I've skimmed some of the threads here, but can't find this info.

We are starting a Mini-Z class with my club, and I'm looking for a car. We have one guy with a highly modified iwaver that is very fast and handles great - but I don't know where to start with duplicating it - HeHe...

Also - are all iwaver bodies interchangeable with Mini-Z? What about other parts? (not counting electronics)

Ok... let's start from the beginning.

A couple of years ago, Iwaver started producing a MR01 clone, called the IW01. Then later evolved to become the IW01Pro with improved MosFETs.

Dec. 2004, they released another clone, this time for the MR02, the IW02.

But in 2005 they had to stop making it. Firelap produces that same chasis now.

In 2005 they developed a totally new chassis, called IW02 but in no way similar to the old IW02. this new version, lasted a very few months on the market cause it hade severe manufacturing flaws.

During 2006 y 2007 they elaborated 3 new chasis: the IW02M, releaed last month, and the yet unreleased IW03 and IW05.

IW02M is a remake of the IW02 from 2005, much improved and FM instead of AM, and that so far it has recieved very good critics from people everywhere.

The Iw03 and Iw05 are both AWD chasis but, IW03 is for a 1:28 buggy, and the IW05 a 1:28 Monster Truck. These haven't been released yet, but are expected before christmas.

Hope this helps now.

leonen
2007.08.06, 08:10 AM
Sorry... forgot one last thing.

Bodies are totally interchangeable with Kyoshos. But for the New Iwaver chasis a diferent body clip is required. Both type of clips (for IW and for K) are included in the Kits and in the bodies.

rctoyguy
2007.08.06, 08:51 AM
Thanks - that does help... Where does FireLap come in to play with all of this?

fangel
2007.08.08, 10:35 PM
Hi rctoyguy,

Sorry for spotting this post so late and left you in the dark.
leonen is correct for the most part, some of the finer detail could be further clarify if needed. Firelap is now making clone copy of kyosho MR02, you could find sell at firelap.com. Iwaver.com is currently fairly outdated due to the lack of time.

As leonen has said the new iwaver 02M has received numerous positive feed back, the up and coming 03 and 05 will be AWD in both buggy and monster form. 05 should be in store worldwide before this holiday seasons, 03 is still undergoing some performance tweaks.

All racer series body from iwaver will come pre-install body clip that will fit either kyosho or iwaver chassis. However, we will not be shipping extra body clip for body due to the fact that we have consider the difficulty of exchanging the clip and the possibility of body damage during the processes.

Basically the clone image of iwaver has been washed, now all iwaver will be newly developed, and will not be a clone to any other 1/28 RC in the market. Firelap however will carry on selling clone at a very low price and will be a budget racer for everyone.

if you have any further inquiries, please feel free to email me

marc
2007.08.16, 04:49 PM
I'd like to state that I have two 02M's and I think their great. Unfortuently, they have not yet seen a track so I don't know their exact performance yet. But design wise, I like theme alot. I especially like the optional carbon-fiber upgrades.

fangel
2007.08.19, 09:06 PM
It is true that iwaver has under go some major changes over the last few years.
I would like to state that iwaver has left the clone image and become an upcoming competitor for Mini-Z.

As marc has said before, the iwaver 02M is a many design improvement, and host many hop-up option that we are looking into expanding in the future.

If anyone has any question about the iwaver brand, please feel free to contact me.

marc
2007.08.19, 09:09 PM
As for clones go, how good is Firelap's MR02 compared to Kyosho's MR02? I'm asking cause I am working on keeping things cheap this year.

fangel
2007.08.19, 10:56 PM
Firelap 2.0 is currently undergoing some improvement, I know that Firelap 2.0 has been receiving a lot of bad press recently due to the chassis plastic issue. I can assure you that we have been working hard and has improve on the chassis issue once and for all.

The performance wise of 2.0 is very similar to mr02 due to similar in spec. However there are a few things that Firelap has out done Kyosho, in terms of price, firelap is only fraction of what you would have to pay for a MR02, also the new RC system power by Inopo is top notch. I'm dare to say it is the best RC transmitter you could get from an RTR set. Not only is it an LCD 2 channel system, but it also host exchangeable module box allowing it to switch from AM to FM system.

arch2b
2007.08.20, 08:57 AM
do you have specs you can post on the transmitter or a link to information? i would love to add a specific post on this transmitter to the appropriate transmitter forum :)

marc
2007.08.20, 09:10 AM
If the issue with the Firelap 2.0 is mainly chassis plastic, then we could just swap it out for Kyosho's skeleton chassis kit. I think what, Firelap's are like 50 bucks, then ten for the skeleton chassis? So, 60 for a car that's a better racer then Xmod?

arch, I can give you some detail on the transmitter I have for the 02M's and can post pics of it for you.

hrdrvr
2007.08.20, 09:33 AM
IDK if the transmitter is the same with the 02ms as it is with the FL 2.0s. I can say though, that the issues I had with the 2.0 arent with design, but more QC. My Tx wont go into reverse any more and the steering wheel has been very jerky (not smooth to turn) and its not even 6 months old. I cant use it any more because of the reverse factor, and I was thinking of switching before that becasue of the wack steering wheel.

Marc, Im also not sure what all comes with the skeleton chassis, but I had to replace the motor pod (motor didnt fit tight) and it doesnt have a real servo saver. The knuckles were also very easy to break, but all those K stock parts cost me less than $30, and it was a WAY better racer than an xmud.

BTW, my chassis is cracked in two places on the bottom and I didnt even run it that much. The board is good though. I would pay $50 just for it, so at $70 or so shipped from over seas as an RTR, its still a good enough deal for me to try another. Ill actually be ordering one this week, as will two of my fellow racers.

fangel
2007.08.21, 09:29 AM
arch2b,
what spec do you need for the transmitter, also what transmitter are you talking about?
The one that comes with iwaver 02M (INT020) or the one that comes with Firelap 2.0 (AFM2)

These are totally different transmitter, INT020 is a dedicated 27Mhz FM radio system. That are design by Inopo. Which provide precise racing control for iwaver FM series chassis.
AFM2 is a transmitter that Inopo commercially design to sell individually as a Radio system. Firelap has pay to buy the transmitter from them to use in their RTR set. AFM2 is a 2 channel transmitter that has exchangeable module box, that allow it to change from AM 27MHz to FM 27MHz and 40MHz. The system that AFM2 runs on it compatitable with other major Japan brand R/C system.

I could provide more detail if you want.

fangel
2007.08.21, 09:34 AM
Marc,
The problem with the older Firelap 2.0 is that the factory wasn't able to provide good enough Quality Control. Some of the item is extremely close to the performance of MR-02 in terms of durability and performance. Some just fail on delivery. We have noticed this and have stop the production to fix the issue, I can assure you that the new version of Firelap 2.0 is much better in performance and quality then before. Marc, I could pre-test your Firelap for you if you want before we ship it.

arch2b
2007.08.21, 09:41 AM
arch2b,
what spec do you need for the transmitter, also what transmitter are you talking about?
The one that comes with iwaver 02M (INT020) or the one that comes with Firelap 2.0 (AFM2)

These are totally different transmitter, INT020 is a dedicated 27Mhz FM radio system. That are design by Inopo. Which provide precise racing control for iwaver FM series chassis.
AFM2 is a transmitter that Inopo commercially design to sell individually as a Radio system. Firelap has pay to buy the transmitter from them to use in their RTR set. AFM2 is a 2 channel transmitter that has exchangeable module box, that allow it to change from AM 27MHz to FM 27MHz and 40MHz. The system that AFM2 runs on it compatitable with other major Japan brand R/C system.

I could provide more detail if you want.
can you please email me? i have some ideas on how to present more iwaver information on this forum for reference and frequently asked questions. :)

fangel
2007.08.21, 09:43 AM
hrdrvr,
Firelap never shipped with the same transmitter as iwaver02M (INT020), it used to shipped with Futaba clone, now it shipped with Inopo AFM2 transmitter which was design to be a independent radio system, this should show how the performance of it is.

Also the generation of Firelap suffer from the Quality problem that I have mention earlier, but as I have said in previous post, the quality issue has been fixed, so all the cracks and broken knuckle arms and unfit motor pod has been the past.

As you have said the electronic of the Firelap 2.0 is very good and has improved even more with this new version.