PDA

View Full Version : drifting on rcp

hybrid_liter
2007.08.09, 08:50 PM
does anyone kno any good setups for drifting on rcp?? as far as tires and suspension or anything else like that

byebye
2007.08.09, 10:04 PM
does anyone kno any good setups for drifting on rcp?? as far as tires and suspension or anything else like that

I know when I drifted I had just stock springs and drift tires. I later upgraded the FET's and motor.

Of course you'll need all the other associated drivetrain hardware to make it last.

Kris

hybrid_liter
2007.08.09, 10:45 PM
thanks bye bye

if it is sort of like real "life" drifting...would it be good to have medium soft suspension in the back.. and stiff suspension in the front... wide tires in the back with a locked diff??? would toe in or out matter or help any??

As far as drive train/power and tire surface... thats just a matter of balancing out the 2 to get sideways... my question is on the handling and oversteer/understeer..

color01
2007.08.10, 08:25 PM
MR02 drifting? IMO (and confirmed with ikinari) it's only possible if you tune for heavy understeer. That way you have more steering options mid-drift instead of being stuck in full opposite lock and using the throttle only to keep the drift going. I want to try a 90RM setup with plastic drift tires all around, but I haven't had the time nor money this whole summer.

Use toe-in. The Ackerman that's incorporated into the tierod causes a lot of front tire scrub at full lock, and toe-in will reduce that and will (based on my experiences, at least) allow you to hold wider angles without the front end hooking and spinning the car.

Anizzle
2007.08.18, 10:28 AM
This is something I need to practice. I always end up fishtailing