PDA

View Full Version : Worth fetting AD band PCB with 4562?

ub0211042
2007.08.11, 08:03 AM
Hi Guys!

Just wondering, is it worth to fet the AD band PCB?
I'm running Atomic Stock R motor on my AWD...

Will there be a lot of lost in throttle control?

Thanks!

byebye
2007.08.11, 10:17 AM
What do you mean by "lost in throttle control"? Upgrading the FET's just makes it faster especially with the 4562's. I have a car upgraded to a 2x2 of 3010 FET's and the throttle is smooth. With 2x2 4562's the throttle is much more punchy.

Kris

herman
2007.08.11, 12:18 PM
hmm... smooth vs punchy... can you pls expound... thanks :D

byebye
2007.08.11, 12:20 PM
hmm... smooth vs punchy... can you pls expound... thanks :D

The top end was the same with the motor but the 4562's really just sent the current quick! Not so bad on the straights but tough in the corners. The 3010's were of course not as powerful but the top end was there.

Kris

ub0211042
2007.08.11, 11:31 PM
What do you mean by "lost in throttle control"? Upgrading the FET's just makes it faster especially with the 4562's. I have a car upgraded to a 2x2 of 3010 FET's and the throttle is smooth. With 2x2 4562's the throttle is much more punchy.

Kris

ermm...heard that if using stacked fets will be like "ON/OFF" switch...is it true? maybe too punchy is not good for MR-02/01/015 but maybe no problem for AWD.

and i also heard u will xperience some throttle lag with 4562 stacked fets.

Aurora
2007.08.13, 02:40 AM
I remember reading somewhere that more stacked fets are like opening more gates at the same time, so it might cause the on/off feel if there is too much stacking. As for the lagging, it might be the same reason as above.

The 3010, as comparison to 4562, has a lower value for turn on/turn off delay, and that might make the fets feel more responsive.

ub0211042
2007.08.13, 02:56 AM
I remember reading somewhere that more stacked fets are like opening more gates at the same time, so it might cause the on/off feel if there is too much stacking. As for the lagging, it might be the same reason as above.

The 3010, as comparison to 4562, has a lower value for turn on/turn off delay, and that might make the fets feel more responsive.

will the delay effect a lot in driving?

ub0211042
2007.09.06, 01:57 PM
any idea how to fet the AD PCB with 3x2 config?
anyone did it before?

can i just do 2 layer on one side and single layer on the other side?

or 2x2 is good enough?

rharris
2007.09.06, 04:46 PM
In Hong Kong, they use the AD for AWD and they stack it 6x6 with the pn 113 fets.

Here out at the Kenon track, some guys run the AD with a 4x4 of the 113fets.

My car has 4x4 4562's. It does not seem any different then when I had the stock 3010's, but now I dont' worry about blowing the fets with the Anima II.

I used to run the Anima II with a stock AD board, but I smoked one big time and I'll never do that again.

Felix2010
2007.09.06, 06:04 PM
In Hong Kong, they use the AD for AWD and they stack it 6x6 with the pn 113 fets.

Here out at the Kenon track, some guys run the AD with a 4x4 of the 113fets.

My car has 4x4 4562's. It does not seem any different then when I had the stock 3010's, but now I dont' worry about blowing the fets with the Anima II.

I used to run the Anima II with a stock AD board, but I smoked one big time and I'll never do that again.
6x6 AN0113 AD boards.... Even your 4x4 4562 AD Board rharris. Geezus.... Very cool. :cool:
I thought I had a purrty strong PCB running 2x2 si4562's on my AD-MA-010 board(single layer on both sides). :) But 4x4 must be like... whoa. :D

ub0211042
2007.09.06, 10:08 PM
4x4 means ur using 8 fets? how's the battery life?
if i run 4x4 with my Atomic Stock R motor...will it be too fast and hard to control?

rharris
2007.09.09, 02:36 AM
Yep. 8 4562's on a single board. 2 on each pad. there are four pads on the AD board, two on the top and two on the bottom.

The thing is, one of the pads is directly over the Positive and Negative wires where the terminals solder to the board. If you fry that fet, then it's posible to melt the solder and fuse the positive and negative wires together. And then you're car is on fire! (been there, done that, can't get the board to work again). So, now I'm a 4x4!

Battary life is ok. I have been working on making my cells good enough for my modified AWD, so it's not an issue. I can get to the end of a 10min main with power to spare.

But in a main, I'm dialing down to 75% of throttle epa now. I've got the AD on my pan car now, and it's just way to fast to keep the rear end planted on the exit of a turn. dialing down helps me with corner exit stability. At 75% it's still faster then my modified AWD.

My next trick will be to put an AD board in the AWD. What I really want to do is take one of the FM baords out of a mini-z boat and stick it in my car. :D

Aurora
2007.09.10, 02:56 AM
Yep. 8 4562's on a single board. 2 on each pad. there are four pads on the AD board, two on the top and two on the bottom.

The thing is, one of the pads is directly over the Positive and Negative wires where the terminals solder to the board. If you fry that fet, then it's posible to melt the solder and fuse the positive and negative wires together. And then you're car is on fire! (been there, done that, can't get the board to work again). So, now I'm a 4x4!

Battary life is ok. I have been working on making my cells good enough for my modified AWD, so it's not an issue. I can get to the end of a 10min main with power to spare.

But in a main, I'm dialing down to 75% of throttle epa now. I've got the AD on my pan car now, and it's just way to fast to keep the rear end planted on the exit of a turn. dialing down helps me with corner exit stability. At 75% it's still faster then my modified AWD.

My next trick will be to put an AD board in the AWD. What I really want to do is take one of the FM baords out of a mini-z boat and stick it in my car. :D

Rharris,

On fire! That line just crack me up! Haha.. :D

When you say 6x6, what do you exactly me? The AD board does have 4 pads for soldering extra fets, and I would think the first number will always start as a 4...maybe it is something like a 4x6? I remember visiting those guys there, and they never did disclose exactly what kinda fet ("the secret fet") but do claim it is a lot more resilient than 4562.

Btw, anyone has the AN0113 fets spec or a link to it? I just couldn't find it anywhere.

The less EPA strategy is a really good suggestion, and to complement that, I do suggest trying out the new PN super cap where it seems to be able to give some punch to the car, even batteries are dying and working with a hot motor.

I remember LBRC has commented that the Lit Ad board is the 'next' generation for AD band...and am wondering will the Lit users or anyone with the experience agree with the idea? :)

Roger
2007.09.11, 02:37 AM
I'll just stick to my 1x1 stack stock fets on my AD board :)

ub0211042
2007.09.11, 03:00 AM
thanks for all of ur guys reply...i think i will stick to stock fets for now and learn how to take better corners.

seems like the PN Racing super caps does give me more punch but it only works sometimes....don't know why...

rharris
2007.09.11, 03:09 AM
well, by 6x6, I really mean 3 fets on each pad, so 6 positive and 6 negative. But I guess you could say... 3x4? You get the idea.

As for the 113's. I haven't seen the spec either. I was told that they have a little less resistance and had about the same capacity.

Tim told me that the Lit wasn't the way to go... the boat is the way to go.

It's a 27mhz FM board. it has pads for stearing fets, but they are not soldered on. So, if I have my story rite, find an old boat on Ebay, take the servo and pot from a wrecked 02 board, and you'll have a very cool FM board for your Z