PDA

View Full Version : Astroturf??

minittrackmann
2007.08.14, 01:09 PM
i have a huge piece of astroturf, it is probably like 150 square feet. would this give me good grip. has anyone tried this yet??

Draconious
2007.08.14, 02:05 PM
For a Mini-Z? It wont even move...

minittrackmann
2007.08.14, 02:16 PM
For a Mini-Z? It wont even move...

but it is not long, it is like carpet, except grean..

hrdrvr
2007.08.15, 10:50 AM
If its astroturf, I dont think it will work. If its green indoor/outdoor carpet, itll be perfect. Heck, try it out and see. That shouldnt be too hard considering youve got it, and a Z I presume :p

minittrackmann
2007.08.15, 11:27 AM
If its astroturf, I dont think it will work. If its green indoor/outdoor carpet, itll be perfect. Heck, try it out and see. That shouldnt be too hard considering youve got it, and a Z I presume :p

thats what it is. green in door outdoor carpet. asked mom:)

hrdrvr
2007.08.16, 09:23 AM
I think thats a good cheap alernative to the traditional RCP tracks that most run on. You can cover a lot more area for cheaper and have unlitmited options as far as track shape and layout goes. You just have to get creative with wall material. Its also not as grippy as RCP (according to those who have run on both), but seems to be pretty common among shops and clubs. A softer set up and the right tires will get you plenty of speed and cornering ability though. Its all I run on, but a few guys that race with us have RCP.