PDA

View Full Version : Best MR02 body for racing on this track

Mcclaren27
2007.08.15, 09:30 AM
This is my primary track (in our basement). I realize that heavy bodies will slow a car down. BUT, racing isn't all about speed. I currently run an NSX Takata body and one thing I like is that it's hard to push it around in a crowd. And it is not prone to flipping. I literally had a Mercedes rear end me and carry me to the finish line! The Takata just sat on the hood of the Merceded, but never flipped over. About the only thing I'd change is the front wind spoiler thingies. I might ground them down as they do tend to grab the rail.

Two questions:

1 - Does grounding those edges remove this card from stock class?

2 - Does any of this make sense in formal racing, such as at clubs, etc.?

simpleskin
2007.08.15, 11:01 AM
I love the NSX bodies, especially the newer 2005's. I wouldn't change a thing.

briankstan
2007.08.15, 11:16 AM
I would recommend shaving down the front air dams, they do tend to grab the rails. Don't remove them just round off the point so it slides off the rail easier. Either that or don't hit the rails. :D

this minor modifications should affect your car for running in any stock class racings.

byebye
2007.08.15, 12:43 PM
I would recommend shaving down the front air dams, they do tend to grab the rails. Don't remove them just round off the point so it slides off the rail easier. Either that or don't hit the rails. :D

this minor modifications should affect your car for running in any stock class racings.

Is that a should or should not? I'm curious as well since my son will be running this same body.

Kris

TALLGEESE
2007.08.15, 01:39 PM

In the past some of us at our home track used to shave down the front air dams/canards on the front of the NSX and other bodies{AUDI A4, LEXUS SC} and it does help keep you off the walls a bit.. Another thing we did at our track is we put 3M clear packing tape on the inside rails of our'e RCP track and that helps out a lot too.. You could also try putting thin strips of Teflon or transparent anti-skid chassis tape on the sides or/and front corners of the body to help keep you off the walls.. One last thing you could do is try waxing the body with automotive wax/car polish, I used Meguiar's Tech wax on a few of my bodies and that works pretty good as well...

color01
2007.08.15, 06:06 PM
Is that a should or should not? I'm curious as well since my son will be running this same body.

Kris
The front canards *are* quite sharp and I imagine they might even get stuck in foam rails if you hit hard enough. :rolleyes: I haven't had that problem (I didn't use the NSX body much) but it's probably smart to file those canards down before your son takes it to the track (just waiting for your payment, btw. I know it will land it good hands. ;)).

Mcclaren27
2007.08.15, 06:37 PM
The front canards *are* quite sharp and I imagine they might even get stuck in foam rails if you hit hard enough. :rolleyes: I haven't had that problem (I didn't use the NSX body much) but it's probably smart to file those canards down before your son takes it to the track (just waiting for your payment, btw. I know it will land it good hands. ;)).

If you have an inlaw you don't like that owns a track, try running the Mach V of Speedracer fame. I have one as well. It left more than a few dimples in the RCP rail and they don't pop out. There's a tear in one and that had to come from the Mach V. Imagine what the wheel saws would do :D

Anizzle
2007.08.18, 10:27 AM
I still love my Diablo

briankstan
2007.08.18, 10:57 AM
I have been driving the 350Z motul pitworks body for about the last year. it has the same situation on the front. without shaving it you barily touch the rail and it's an instant 360 spin out. When I "shaved" them to a more round front it handles the "touches with the rail" alot better.

now a harder impact with the rail will still create a spin out.

Roger
2007.09.11, 02:32 AM
For that track, virtually any body. It's almost like a " tri-oval " track.