PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 934 MR15

marc
2007.08.19, 08:01 PM
Hello there. Race season started this Saturday for our local track. As I have sold all my Z's, I will be getting a new one very soon. I plan on getting the red Porsche 934 and other than ball bearings, I'd like to know, what's the best way to set it up for RCP track? Does anybody know how good the stock tires are? I would like to see other peoples 934 set-ups please. I am trying to race on a beer-budget even though I have a wine-taste! :)
I know ball bearings should be the first upgrade, then tires, then what? How can I set it up with the bare-minimum?

arch2b
2007.08.19, 08:12 PM
the ringer used the 934 and hes an excellent driver :)

marc
2007.08.19, 08:40 PM
Yes, but I'd like to see pics of other 934 set-ups. I know what I want for appearance sake, but I think that is when things get pricey. I want something that will not necessarily be 1st place winner, but will certainly be a very good racer. This new 934 that I'm looking at getting, already has the 30 percent increase in power, so should be a great car to start with. Another first upgrade I think should be alloy wheel nut's. Those plastic ones suck and they don't always line up well. I tend to strip those a lot when tightening theme down. So far, I've got on the list, ball bearings, and wheel nut's.

marc
2007.08.19, 09:01 PM
Please post pic's of your 934 set-ups!

hrdrvr
2007.08.20, 09:11 AM
I dont have any pics of my MR015 chassis, nor do I race on RCP, but I run my 934 with an oil damper and the soft cf H-plate. Ive got an atomic stock motor with the largest pinion (to cut out some of the low end torque), and it runs great. I dont use the stock wheels and tires, because frankly, the classic tires suck for racing. I run the nismo wheels off of my xanavi Z with atomic grooved 30s in front and 10s in the rear (or PN 8s when I can find 'em).

Ive got pics of one of my porsches in the "post pics of your 015" thread on the front page. I want to try out the new martini 935 I got, but I assume set up will not change. It does have that huge whale tail on the back which may add more weight to the rear, but it also comes with wheels that hold race-able tires :D

simpleskin
2007.08.20, 09:17 AM
Please post pic's of your 934 set-ups!

Marc, I have invested much time and money into perfecting the 934 MR-15 for RCP. Check the photos in my gallery. If you have specific questions I can answer them for you.

Stock tires are useless! As well as the rims since you can't use the stock tires. I use the GT3R wheels on my 934's

-j

marc
2007.08.20, 09:20 AM
I was just looking at those and posted a question for you!

simpleskin
2007.08.20, 11:00 AM
I was just looking at those and posted a question for you!

Where did you post the question?

marc
2007.08.20, 11:08 AM
in the post pics of your MR15 thread.

marc
2007.08.20, 01:58 PM
What's the offset for the front and rear wheels on the 934? I'm wondering if the wheels from my Skyline Silhouette will fit.

TheRinger
2007.08.20, 07:18 PM
What's the offset for the front and rear wheels on the 934? I'm wondering if the wheels from my Skyline Silhouette will fit.
The stock wheels are 1.5n front and 1.0w rear classics which means they will not except race tires. I've been using atomic dish 1.0n fronts and 1.0w rears with 30 kyosho radials front and rear and been doing alright for me. As far as the 935 its OK. It uses 2.5n front and 3.0w rear, I have been using 575GTC wheels with it and work well.

marc
2007.08.22, 09:07 AM
Seems to me that the 934 uses wide rear's with a wide offset. At least that's how it looks judging from the body. My items have not yet shipped so I won't know till they get here.

marc
2007.08.22, 09:10 AM
So exactly how should I set up my 934 when I get it? I want it handle any type of road coarse. Ours seem to have a lot of turns in it.

simpleskin
2007.08.22, 09:17 AM
So exactly how should I set up my 934 when I get it? I want it handle any type of road coarse. Ours seem to have a lot of turns in it.

My track has lots of turns as well. the 934 will not handle the same as an Enzo so don't expect that. The 86mm also causes some issues. I had to use the DPS and Oil shock to tame the rear end.

The rear offset is very wide and uses he wide rear tires. I don't know the exact offsets from memory but there are charts out there that will show the exact offsets.

I need my 3 sets of wheels for the 3 Porsches I'm currently running. Check www.kyoshoamerica.com. I was able to get my wheels from there.

I can give you a total breakdown of the parts I installed on my car if you are interested.

-j

marc
2007.08.22, 09:23 AM
That would be helpful yes. I am starting to wonder if I should get the 934. I love the looks of the street-red one, but it seems like a problem for out of the box racing. So, which ready-set should I get for race season? I don't like the Enzo unless it's the white one, but there are too many of those at the track.

lfisminiz
2007.08.22, 08:33 PM
Mclaren for me. :)

Mike.b54
2007.09.02, 10:40 AM

Hello,
What's the offset for the Skyline Silhouette ?
Thanks

byebye
2007.09.02, 01:13 PM
Lets stay on topic ;)

Kris

EMU
2007.09.07, 09:47 AM
For MR015 racing, I like the Chrysler 300c, Nissan 350z fairlady, Audi TT... The chrysler is great since it is MM, the others are good since they have very little overhangs, and are light and agile, so you can get away with making the setup have alot of push and still have good steering. I find that there is very little traction rolling with that type of setup.

I have a 934 body that I am going to be setting up soon to race. Should be fun :P I like my 935 MR02...

marc
2007.09.07, 11:15 AM
I have looked at my 934 AutoScale and noticed that the wheels look to be a +.5 offset, maybe even a +1 offset. The Skyline Silhouette wheels are 0 offset. I can try and put those wheels on the Porsche, but I think they will be tucked in and not look so good. The 934's stock wheels feel nice and soft and when I get my ready set I will try it as it is on race day and see how it goes.
As byebye sais, let's keep this on topic, please do not mention other bodies in this thread as this is for 934's only. Well, 935's are ok as they are basically the same thing. I'd love to see pictures of other people's 934's and 935's and how their chassis is set up. Thanks!

benmlee
2007.09.07, 12:40 PM
The Porsche 934 bodies are pretty nice. I have 3 of them so far and a 935. One thing you would definitely want to do is to look at the underside of the body in the rear wheels. If you see black marks, it is because the rear tires are rubbing on it. You can't cut down on the body like in the front because is thin back there. The only way I found to solve that is to break the rear body mount tabs off and mount them a little lower on the body to raise the body in the rear. The car will turn much better without rubbing.
The only two damper options for the car is either a Kyosho oil damper or a 3Racing disk damper. You have to use a damper for this car.

marc
2007.09.10, 10:32 AM
I've been told on another thread that the 934's have the tendency to flip. What setting's should I make to prevent the car from flipping? Besides driver control?

benmlee
2007.09.10, 07:27 PM
To prevent roll to some degree, raising the body so the outside wheel don't rub. Use a friction disk damper to control roll. You can lower the car in front and back using washers. You can use a 2mm offset instead of 1mm offset rear wheel.
And the number 1 method to reduce rolling is to use an MR020 chassis. It has a lower CG. The bocy will fit a MR020 chassis, but will be distorted slightly since the 020 chassis is wider.

BobT
2007.09.15, 12:28 PM
I've been told on another thread that the 934's have the tendency to flip. What setting's should I make to prevent the car from flipping? Besides driver control?

Going to a harder tire can also help by eliminating traction rolls.

herman
2007.09.17, 09:59 PM
Going to a harder tire can also help by eliminating traction rolls.
i agree... usually up front... downside is that you will be pushing or understeering a bit... so to compensate, try a knuckle with some camber in it... hope this helps...