PDA

View Full Version : Atomic MR02 PCB.

Ton
2007.08.21, 04:22 AM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8614/ic003ob0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot with C740UZ (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=C740UZ&make=OLYMPUS+OPTICAL+CO.%2CLTD)

byebye
2007.08.21, 06:00 AM
That's interesting.

Kris

HaCo
2007.08.21, 08:14 AM
Ton, when will it be released to full public?

TechnicalRP.com has it allready in their shop, but what about the rest of the world.

Is it really better in terms of glitches, what soft is used to program it?

2EZ
2007.08.21, 09:46 AM
Ton

I see the pic now give us more details about this board.

arch2b
2007.08.21, 10:17 AM
i assume this is not the same iwaver board atomic previously sold?

it looks like an ad-band adapater on the board?

leonen
2007.08.21, 10:47 AM
i assume this is not the same iwaver board atomic previously sold?

it looks like an ad-band adapater on the board?

Absolutely not Archie. It's a totally new design. A new miniRc PCB, that has three wire servo potentiometer, updated fets that can serve a T2 motor with no problems. It also has a PC adapter to program the PCB from your computer - just like the Adband.

And It is already on sale to general public. The problem is there are not much in stock right now.

arch2b
2007.08.21, 10:57 AM
thanks! so is it ad-band compatible, regular fm or am? any specifications info on it?

HaCo
2007.08.21, 11:43 AM
thanks! so is it ad-band compatible, regular fm or am? any specifications info on it?
@arch2b, u should visit my site once and a while... ;)
- 27MHz AM
- Minimizes interferences
- Connections to PC
- Incl all cables
- Incl Servo Motor
- Incl Pot meter
- 3-wire pot meter (more precize)
- Cheap way to upgrade car (I doubt this translation)

Src: http://www.technicalrp.com/catalog/micro-fine-tune-unit-27mhz-p-30106.html?language=en

arch2b
2007.08.21, 11:52 AM
i know :o i have many sites to check each day and less time to do it :(

mk2kompressor
2007.08.21, 12:57 PM
i want :eek: saw it earlier but just thought it was ad band :)

leonen
2007.08.21, 06:01 PM
i want :eek: saw it earlier but just thought it was ad band :)

Haco it's right. It's an 27 Mhz AM PCB. totally compatible with mini-z, Iwaver and Firelap radios.

One on the prototypes tested in Spain by the Oficial Atomic Racing Team, said they had the same problem as the AdBand, that in foam tracks (that is.. RCP tracks), the static electricity kills the PCB.

One thing it's still to be tested on the final product. I guess It's something that has been worked out.

mk2kompressor
2007.08.21, 06:42 PM
any tips on getting on the team,id test a few out for them ;)
i hope it does work on rcp,looks like the next upgrade for my ma010 :D

color01
2007.08.22, 12:24 AM
Please keep us updated on this, it looks like it could be a very viable product. AD band without the extra $300 needed for a Helios. :)

herman
2007.08.22, 12:48 AM
59 euro approx 79 us$...
how did the testing go on rcp track again - static kills the board? hope they can get that sorted out...

what kind of fets does it have? and what's the hottest model it can handle (stock)

thanks for the info... :D

herman
2007.08.22, 01:04 AM
and will the connection to the pc be included? also what software can you use to adjust settings on pcb?

arch2b
2007.08.22, 12:00 PM
yes, there are alot of informational holes to fill.

TALLGEESE
2007.08.22, 03:21 PM
Please keep us updated on this, it looks like it could be a very viable product. AD band without the extra $300 needed for a Helios. :)

This new board from Atomic looks promising.. If you're trying to spend less than $300 for an AD band setup, and don't mind having a cheaper radio, KO Propo sells the EX 5 AD HG set.. The set comes with an entry-level transmitter and board for around $95.00 plus shipping from Japan.. I saw it on a few Japanese Mini-Z sites.. You can get the set for the MR-01, MR-015, and the MR-02.. Hope that helps...

CristianTabush
2007.08.23, 01:41 AM
I have tested this board as well. Runs fantastic and comes with 8958 FETs. No interference whatsoever as well as no static shut down. Has never happened to me with ADband either and have been running it for over 6 months. I have noticed that many times when the car gets this "shut down" it is caused due to the fact that the battery terminals become loose (they collapse) and you don't have good contact. So then you pick it up, turn it off and on again, the batteries re-settle and the car then runs. I haven't seen it have any sort of static problems and I have run outdoors and indoors in a dry, A/C room ideal for high static. Just my 2 cents though.

HaCo
2007.08.23, 04:16 AM
I have tested this board as well. Runs fantastic and comes with 8958 FETs. No interference whatsoever as well as no static shut down. Has never happened to me with ADband either and have been running it for over 6 months. I have noticed that many times when the car gets this "shut down" it is caused due to the fact that the battery terminals become loose (they collapse) and you don't have good contact. So then you pick it up, turn it off and on again, the batteries re-settle and the car then runs. I haven't seen it have any sort of static problems and I have run outdoors and indoors in a dry, A/C room ideal for high static. Just my 2 cents though.
Christian, thank u for your thoughts. Can u tell something about the software? What can u do with it, is it an interesting feature? ...

I think the price is really right, and if it helps interference I will buy it!

CristianTabush
2007.08.23, 09:09 AM
No software yet, the board comes just by itself. But I would almost put my money on the fact that they will probably work with KO PROPO hardware/software. The price I believe will be closer to 60 dollars.

2EZ
2007.08.23, 09:26 AM
When and where can it be bought? What type of adjustment can you make on the board with software??

arch2b
2007.08.23, 09:29 AM
we currently have them and are working to get them live in our shop asap :) as one option ;)

2EZ
2007.08.23, 09:51 AM
arch

What do you mean by "we currently have them" does this mean you have one?? I will watch for them to show up in the shop but I often miss items as they go out of stock so quickly!!

arch2b
2007.08.23, 10:00 AM
by 'we' i mean i was told we (the shop) have them in hand and are working to get them listed in the shop asap for purchase. i do not personally have one.

HaCo
2007.08.23, 10:39 AM
It's strange that they are availbale in several shops, but no word on the atomic site about it...

HaCo
2007.08.23, 11:44 AM
by 'we' i mean i was told we (the shop) have them in hand and are working to get them listed in the shop asap for purchase. i do not personally have one.
If u have the time, could you maybe take some shots of the package and the content please?

benmlee
2007.08.23, 06:12 PM

That is what I suspected. On my AD band, I was having consistent shutting down problem. After sanding the terminals of the batteries, problem went away. Is probably a combination of weak battery clip and dirty battery.

herman
2007.08.23, 09:31 PM
Runs fantastic and comes with 8958 FETs
hmmm... is it stacked? and what kind of hot motors can you use with that type of board?
is the steering greatly improved? and any interference (static or otherwise) with foam tracks and/or carpet tracks?

thanks for any response... :D

CristianTabush
2007.08.24, 09:01 AM
This board is layed out exactly like the AD board. I wouldn't be surprised if they just reverse engineered this board and made it 27mhz AM instead of 25mhz FM. The 2x2 stack should be able to handle up to a Chili motor. Steering response is great, although the quality of the servo motor leaves a bit to be desired. I replaced mine with a Kyosho servo motor as it meshes better with the gears. Simply changing the pinion gear on the servo motor would suffice. As fas as static, note what Ben and myself were discussing above. I have never seen static problems on an MR-02 eventhough I have heard tons of stories about it. My experience was that it was typically a bad battery connection. But will report more later.

2EZ
2007.08.24, 11:49 AM

Thanks I will keep an eye open for them. :D

herman
2007.08.27, 11:14 PM
thanks for the info... :D

arch2b
2007.09.02, 04:53 PM
fyi, there are now listed, http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=18938

benmlee
2007.09.04, 12:07 PM
Steering response is great, although the quality of the servo motor leaves a bit to be desired. I replaced mine with a Kyosho servo motor as it meshes better with the gears. Simply changing the pinion gear on the servo motor would suffice.

Changing the servo motor is a concern. Kyosho do not sell a servo motor. At least not that I know if. I would have to use one from an existing board. For the second option, wonder if anyone know who sells a pinion for the servo motor.

cdog4w
2007.09.27, 04:19 PM
Shop is out of stock, any updates from the people who bought out the shop's stock?

My specific questions:

-does it have the servo jitter under heavy motor load that the old iwaver boards experienced?
-has anyone tried the programming portion? HaCo said it came with all the cables, I assumed that mean programming, but Christian seemed to imply that he didn't get the cable for PC connection.
-is the servo portion "digital" like in AD?

stuZ
2007.10.07, 05:33 PM
does it have Forward/Brake/Reverse, or is it just Forward/Reverse?

ByronF1
2007.10.08, 02:11 PM
It has Forward Brake and Reverse....

stuZ
2007.10.09, 11:33 PM
...Steering response is great, although the quality of the servo motor leaves a bit to be desired. I replaced mine with a Kyosho servo motor as it meshes better with the gears. Simply changing the pinion gear on the servo motor would suffice...

Christian,
Does it have the plastic pinion, like the old FDlabs Iwaver/Atomic boards?
I can get those to work in an 01 or an OL, but in an MR-02 or AWD, the steering assembly tends to stick to one side after a few turns. It feels like the mesh is too tight, because the pinion is a hair too big compared to kyosho. Was that similar to your experience?
thanks

BryceVR
2007.12.15, 04:21 AM
Can anyone tell me when these will be available again?

Tjay
2007.12.18, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I'm getting tired of cleaning the damn pot almost every week! Please post here on where we can buy it. Thank you!

BryceVR
2007.12.19, 07:23 PM
I can't find this on the Atomic website. Do they still do it.

walkingcarpet90
2008.02.23, 10:01 PM
where can you buy it!
somewhere that has it in stock

rc100722
2008.02.23, 10:49 PM
hkshobby.com

dameetz
2008.03.12, 07:12 AM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8614/ic003ob0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Shot with C740UZ (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=C740UZ&make=OLYMPUS+OPTICAL+CO.%2CLTD)

Is this the same PCB that they sell at EGRmart http://www.egrracing.com/shop/rv-project-am-27mhz-micro-finetun-esc-unit-2wd-p-1963.html

Has anyone tried this PCB yet? Can it handle Chili motor? Thanks.

cazcade
2008.03.22, 04:39 PM
Yep I have one in my awd.
I can't really recommend it though.

The crappy soldering made the cables fall of when I tried to put everything in place... I had to solder cables over and over again...

The steering is smoth and strong but gets stuck and starts gliching when you stear back to center. (if you slowly stear it back it jidders but if you release the steering wheel it centers fine...) Tried with the original motor, potentiometer but the problem stays...

I like the fets though. A little more power and speed than my AD card (double 3010). Definately better than the stock mr02 3010 fets..

yscheong
2008.03.23, 07:40 PM
I had this board for AWD, it is the same board with MR-02 just some wiring different for the servo.

The board is a copy of AD band. It have 4 x 8958A fet on the motor out put. Ad band is 4 x 3010. Somemore the servor fet also using 8958A. Atomic people told me that this board can handle chilli straight away. The calculation on the fet out put that we find in the net is only apply for kyosho board. I haven't try it on chilli but stock-r is no problem. It power is about the same with 4 x 4562 in ad band board with stock-r

VR is a bad quality VR, I get it change to ori kyosho VR after 2 months time. Now is perfect.

The board come with a huge wire compare with kyosho board. It looks nice but the wire is too hard and make it easy to fall of. If you have time, change the wire to softer wire will be better. ( I am still using the stock wire)

It is the board design copy from ad bank, however it copy the shutdown problem form ad band too. But it is not as bad as ad band. We here playing on the RCP track. Ad band is shuting down like no body business but the atomic board is less. Some time can play one full pack of battery with out shutting down but sometime just only one lap. We have discover after clearn the track, shutting down is less.

However, I would like to try it on MR-02 later if I am not lazy..... and with the chilli motor too. If the fet burn, just change it to 4562 or SP8.

Over all it is a good and less expensive board that I'll recomemded to mini z fan for replacement.