PDA

View Full Version : Knuckles for MR02

russp
2007.08.22, 09:23 PM
Anyone know where I can get some knuckles for my MR02? I prefer the plastic ones even though I've broken 2 of them already because I'm afraid if I switch to aluminum it would just result in a stripped steering servo instead which is much worse.

These seem hard to find and the shop is always out of stock. All I can find on ebay are knuckles for the AWD. I did find some delrin ones but was wondering if these would just have the same result as the Aluminum ones.

byebye
2007.08.22, 09:27 PM
Anyone know where I can get some knuckles for my MR02? I prefer the plastic ones even though I've broken 2 of them already because I'm afraid if I switch to aluminum it would just result in a stripped steering servo instead which is much worse.

These seem hard to find and the shop is always out of stock. All I can find on ebay are knuckles for the AWD. I did find some delrin ones but was wondering if these would just have the same result as the Aluminum ones.

The servo has a servo saver so you shouldn't ever strip gears. Go alloy it's worth it!

Kris

hrdrvr
2007.08.23, 07:50 AM
I stick with plastic and delrin for weight rediction. The servo saver protects it, but I still save every gram I can. Amods has some delrin ones in stock.

michvin
2007.08.23, 10:13 AM
I stick with plastic and delrin for weight rediction. The servo saver protects it, but I still save every gram I can. Amods has some delrin ones in stock.
1. Use correct offset for the body you're running. In 3 years of almost weekly racing i never broke one on MR02.
2. Get Kyosho Alu knuckles. Expensive, but they eliminate 90% of the slop you have in the front suspension - much more important than 0.2 gram weight reduction.

pinoyboy
2007.08.23, 10:35 AM
alloy is the way to go, derlin ones can still break or bend

hrdrvr
2007.08.23, 11:39 AM
1. Use correct offset for the body you're running. In 3 years of almost weekly racing i never broke one on MR02.
2. Get Kyosho Alu knuckles. Expensive, but they eliminate 90% of the slop you have in the front suspension - much more important than 0.2 gram weight reduction.

I guess its just like everything else in this hobby, every one has an opinion and all of them are right pending your view point.

1. I didnt say I broke knuckles. I use plastic ones and havent broken any on my 02 either. I broke one on my AWD, but that was running with out a body the first day I got it. I havent made that mistake again.

2. With bearings and stainless king pins I dont notice much slop in my front suspension.

Aluminum can be bent too. My dad runs all the aluminum he can find (hes got a bit more $$ than I do) and he has bent a few knuckles. He also gets the widest offset wheels he can, which is why his knuckles suffer. He had one bent bad enough that is was strongly effecting his handling. It took him a long time to figure out that thats what was causing is car to handle poorly too.

Like I said there are disadvantages and advantages to both plastic and aluminum. Just weight them all and make the decision thats best for you.

michvin
2007.08.23, 11:43 AM
If you're satisfied with plastic - it's a way to go. :)

byebye
2007.08.23, 02:21 PM
I guess its just like everything else in this hobby, every one has an opinion and all of them are right pending your view point.

1. I didnt say I broke knuckles. I use plastic ones and havent broken any on my 02 either. I broke one on my AWD, but that was running with out a body the first day I got it. I havent made that mistake again.

2. With bearings and stainless king pins I dont notice much slop in my front suspension.

Aluminum can be bent too. My dad runs all the aluminum he can find (hes got a bit more $$ than I do) and he has bent a few knuckles. He also gets the widest offset wheels he can, which is why his knuckles suffer. He had one bent bad enough that is was strongly effecting his handling. It took him a long time to figure out that thats what was causing is car to handle poorly too.

Like I said there are disadvantages and advantages to both plastic and aluminum. Just weight them all and make the decision thats best for you.

So long as you use the correct offset and of course not run without a body you'll never have that problem. My son had a nearly stock car for OLPS and never had a broken part for the couple seasons we raced.

Based on your first post I think most assumed you were looking for replacements for your stockers being that they were not as strong as alloy.

If your looking for stockers I might have some extras. How many sets you looking for?

Kris

byebye
2007.08.23, 02:23 PM
I've got 5 sets of stockers. If you really want them I'll sell them to your for $7 shipped.

Kris

russp
2007.08.24, 08:47 AM
I've got 5 sets of stockers. If you really want them I'll sell them to your for $7 shipped.

Kris

Sounds great. I'll email you now about it.

Thanks,

- Russ

russp
2007.09.01, 11:03 AM
Sounds great. I'll email you now about it.

Thanks,

- Russ
I never heard back on this so I was thinking about getting some aluminum ones after all. Are the 0 degree knuckles the same as come with the car stock? I assume this is referring to degree camber?

byebye
2007.09.01, 03:21 PM
Sorry I never got the email! LOL!!!

Yes the stockers are 0.

Kris

russp
2007.09.01, 05:18 PM
Sorry I never got the email! LOL!!!

Yes the stockers are 0.

Kris

I'll still take the knuckles if you have them and will sell them. You can email me at rusreb@gmail.com since somehow my email is not getting to you.

Thanks,

- RP