PDA

View Full Version : iWaver Lineup

arch2b
2007.08.25, 10:28 AM
fangel,
could you please post the iWaver lineup of releases? This is for a temporary listing while you and i work on a more comprehensive database. :)

fangel
2007.08.26, 10:24 PM
Iwaver lineup

Initial Stage:

iwaver 00
- Non-upgradeable out of the box racer with interchangeable body with other iwaver of this era
iwaver 01
- Similar to MR-01, with upgrade ability and interchangeable body with other iwaver of this era
iwaver 02
- Similar to MR-02, with upgrade ability and interchangeable body with other iwaver of this era
iwaver 04
- Similar to Monster, with upgrade ability and soft plastic body for weight saving.

Prototype testing phase:

iwaver 02 (prototype)
- Brand new design, a prototype phase that was never intended to launch due to redevelopment.

Brand relaunch:

iwaver 01
- The AM younger brother of 02M, Similar in design and performance yet cheaper in price. Radically new design chassis allowing limitless upgrade ability.
iwaver 02M
- The completed version of the earlier prototype, an truly innovative product, The first FM system RTR set available on the market, with true off the shelf servo upgrade ability. Radically new design chassis allowing limitless upgrade ability.
iwaver 03 (AWD Buggy)
- The first 1/24 scale AWD Buggy on the market, iit will feature brand new AWD system that delivers power to all for wheels and it will run on the AM system.
iwaver 05 (AWD Monster)
- The first 1/24 scale AWD Monster truck on the market, it will feature brand new AWD system that delivers power to all for wheels and it will runs on the AM system.

More product coming soon.

herman
2007.08.28, 01:48 AM
how about pics that would show what each variant looks like? :D

fangel
2007.08.28, 03:49 AM
Hi Herman,

I would be posting photo of some of the chassis. There are a few that has been discontinue for ages and could not be photographed. Other might be unreleased model that are in the pipe line.

marc
2007.08.29, 09:07 PM
I could post pic's of my two 02M's if you'd like. Both in stock mode, and in full options mode as well as photo's of the transmitters.

fangel
2007.08.29, 09:52 PM
I do have some official photo at hand, but I'm not quite sure how arch2b would like the list, all official photo or with member photo as well?

arch2b
2007.08.29, 09:57 PM
lets keep the images in this forum limited to fangel. marc, please feel free to post images in the public forum for iwaver :p this forum is for fangels response to questions, comments, etc. :)

leonen
2007.08.30, 09:04 AM
Iwaver lineup

Brand relaunch:
[list]
iwaver 01
- The AM younger brother of 02M, Similar in design and performance yet cheaper in price. Radically new design chassis allowing limitless upgrade ability.

Fangel, can you expand on this one??? Is this for sale now?

fangel
2007.08.30, 10:05 PM
Leonen,

I'm sorry to inform you that this product is not yet available, but will be releasing within 2007. I'm not quite sure what information you are looking for, could you provide some information for me? So I could answer them the best I could?

icelock
2007.11.15, 07:22 PM
Hi. Is Iwaver 02M currently out of stock at Toyeast? If so when would this be available? When would the stock/upgrade parts for Iwaver 05 be available? Thanks.

fangel
2007.11.15, 08:21 PM
icelock,
iwaver is currently out of stock and will be restocking @ early 2008.
The new iwaver 02M that is coming would be with the new electronics and fixes.

The hop-up parts for iwaver 05 will be coming, everything is in the developing and manufacturing process, we should be releasing it in phases.

icelock
2007.11.25, 07:46 AM
hi fangel, i'm very excited with iwaver 05. i ordered it 7 days ago (nov. 18). i checked the status and its still not yet shipped. is there any problems with the current stocks?
thanks.

fangel
2007.11.25, 07:51 PM
icelock,
Could I get your order number?
So I could confirm what had happen to your order?
Please PM me the ID.

saulo cunha
2007.12.04, 03:03 PM
Fangel
I bought a Iwaver 2 and is happening a problem.
When I am I set in motion the radio to give reverse speed, it I fail,
with this to also walk pra front constraint. E many times alone the
servant functions, and the speed foward not. It knows what it can be?
And still the model that I bought, I do not see in the website of
iwaver, I exist some possibility of being counterfeited? control the
photo later!

Thanks

P.S sorry my english, I'm brasilian!

fangel
2007.12.04, 08:12 PM
saulo cunha,

I don't understand your post completely, but you said you bought a iwaver 02 and you can not go forward? or is the control reverse? If it is reverse you could set it back to normal in the transmitter. Read the instruction manual for step by step instruction.

You did say something about the car not the same as the one you see in www.iwaver.com is this correct?
I have attached a picture of iwaver 02 prototype, you could see if this is the one you got.

saulo cunha
2007.12.05, 11:20 AM
Sorry fangel,my friend help me now!

Fangel, i bought a Iwaver 2 and am having problems with the cars reverse. When I hit the trigger to go forward, it reverses suddenly and then shuts off. It seems as though it loses contact with the remote. Sometimes, It won't go forward, I have to push it. I think the problem is some hair stuck in the wheels traction, but I have not found the tool to take them apart to clean them.
Thanks!

fangel
2007.12.05, 07:40 PM
hum...very strange.
If your chassis goes into reverse when you try to make it go forward, it should be a reverse of throttle control, this could be adjusted in the transmitter.
As for the chassis not moving forward or being jammed, then you could take the rear end a part using the tools we have provided with the RTR set. There should be a nut wrench where you could remove the rear wheel and you should be able to clean it.

saulo cunha
2007.12.13, 06:18 AM
The kit that I bought did not come without tool to remove the
wheel! I bought a kit with black box, Iwaver 02 and not 02m. The body of my iwaver is a salem black. It would have to inside come tools of the box that?

Sorry my english again!

BryceVR
2007.12.13, 07:17 AM
Check the ABS setting on the transmitter

fangel
2007.12.13, 07:47 PM
Your box was black...hum...
I think you either got the iwaver 02 prototype or you have bough a NanoRacer with a iwaver body.
Because it is not official iwaver / Firelap product, that is why the package might not be complete and the quality was not controlled. Even though this is the case, I'll try to help you out. You could actually a small clip to turn the wheel nuts to loosen it. Once you have remove the wheel you could clean up the gear.

Also BryceVR might be on something, you could check your ABS setting, it might have been on stuck and causing the chassis to lock up.

wildthing
2009.10.21, 03:37 PM
I would like to revive this thread... I hope fangel is still with iwaver .... I was talking to one of the sales agent of a chinese company which I think is an OEM of iwaver... they would be releasing the 2.4Ghz module for Iwaver next month.

It will have this type of controllers (a futaba 3PM look-alike):
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/2wildthing/Toys/2009526114333.jpg

On the Iwaver 04 (the All-wheel-drive version), they say is still in prototype testing... no assurance if it would be released sooner.

paul_england
2009.10.21, 04:06 PM
if hes with them or not, he hasnt logged on for over a year so i doubt it anyway, the 2.4 looks cool though, and a budget awd chassis would be nice

arch2b
2009.10.21, 04:49 PM
unfortunately, i doubt fangel is still with iwaver which is unfortunate as he was eager to join and support our group here.

sadly, i don't think anyone at iwaver is wiling to take over :( i hope that does not indicate financial difficulties for iwaver? while they were not 100% with all their products, they were at least an alternative and provided some ingenuity to review and evaluate against the standard. competition is sorely missed at this scale.

wildthing
2009.10.22, 01:42 PM
that was quite a sad news (absence of fangel)... I read most of his post about Iwaver... he was indeed very helpful.

anyway... if my transaction with Shenshe Longsun Electronic Co. Ltd. about the 2.4Ghz pushes through and if the product gets into commercial production, I will update the forum.

http://www.toylongsun.com/toys/index1.asp

Competition is always great!!! :)

wildthing
2009.11.09, 02:52 AM
I now have an Iwaver 02 (for my planned RC Rental) with an FM band tranmitter (27Mhz)... so far so good. :)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/2wildthing/Toys/MyRCs.jpg

Runs better than my AM band Iwaver 01.

wildthing
2009.11.09, 03:11 AM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/2wildthing/Toys/BMWM3.jpg
Last of the set - BMW M3

macrylinda1
2010.07.28, 08:42 AM
how about pics that would show what each variant looks like? :D

I would be posting photo of some of the chassis. There are a few that has been discontinue for ages and could not be photographed. Other might be unreleased model that are in the pipe line.

hyper-me
2010.10.09, 04:03 AM
Where can I buy these?

wildthing
2010.11.17, 04:51 AM
Where can I buy these?

the iwaver 02M is no longer in production as per toyeast

wildthing
2011.01.28, 05:03 AM
Firelap is now being produced and sold by the makers of Iwaver instead of Iwaver 02M or Iwaver 02.

It uses a new PCB design and is running on 2.4Ghz.