PDA

View Full Version : Question about suitable battery for MINI-Z

stupidboy
2007.08.28, 11:15 AM
HI, Newbie here, just a question,
i always saw you all post battery in AAA 1000mah or below,
does that mean we can't use any higher for mini-z?

i found this AAA battery, so wish to ask whether is it suitable to use?

imxlr8ed
2007.08.28, 11:54 AM
Should be ok to use... there shouldn't be any issue with mahs.

kja812
2007.08.28, 11:58 AM
HI, Newbie here, just a question,
i always saw you all post battery in AAA 1000mah or below,
does that mean we can't use any higher for mini-z?

i found this AAA battery, so wish to ask whether is it suitable to use?

WOW, 3000mAh in AAA! They will of course work and provide long run times. Their power or "punch" will depend on their internal resistance/voltage curves.

Have to search Sony's website for a datasheet (asuming Sony manufactures these and they aren't just a re-branded battery) -- just did -- Sony's site lists CycleEnergy AAAs at 900mAh. There is no mention of these "high capacity" versions - they could be too good to be true. :(

pomme de terre
2007.08.28, 12:49 PM
Theres no problem with using batteries that have a higher mAh rating. They will give you more runtime but its just that batteries with a higher mAh rating also tend to be heavier and less punchy

TALLGEESE
2007.08.28, 02:27 PM
It should be safe to use a battery that is rated for more than 1000Mah.. GP makes 1100Mah AAA batteries.. I don't know about the 3000Mah batteries though, that sounds a little sketchy in my opinion.. The 1350Mah versions sound a little more believable.. If the Sony batteries really are 3000Mah, they probably don't have a lot of punch, like other's on here said.. I'm pretty sure that Sony batteries are re-packaged Sanyo's.. I'm pretty sure I saw someone post on this site before about that..

stupidboy
2007.08.28, 08:33 PM
It should be safe to use a battery that is rated for more than 1000Mah.. GP makes 1100Mah AAA batteries.. I don't know about the 3000Mah batteries though, that sounds a little sketchy in my opinion.. The 1350Mah versions sound a little more believable.. If the Sony batteries really are 3000Mah, they probably don't have a lot of punch, like other's on here said.. I'm pretty sure that Sony batteries are re-packaged Sanyo's.. I'm pretty sure I saw someone post on this site before about that..

yea... thats why i'm curious about the 3000mah, coz i din heard before AAA batteries have that much capacity, thats why i'm asking whether it will spoil our mini-z if we use it?

hpgod
2007.08.29, 05:50 AM
any AAA battery will work some just perform better then others. Speed and run time.

Draconious
2007.08.29, 06:55 AM
They are fake... found a few other sellers with disclaimers that basically say they may be fake, wich to me says they are. Anyone can print a number on a piece of cardboard...

stupidboy
2007.08.29, 10:29 AM
They are fake... found a few other sellers with disclaimers that basically say they may be fake, wich to me says they are. Anyone can print a number on a piece of cardboard...

i think that was fake also... so i tried to find some source... but can't found. do you all have info about the sony batteries?

aimfox
2007.09.03, 10:11 AM
If it is Double AA batteries with 3000 maH then it's real.

Here's one of the thread I saw someone posted on another forum and wishing to sell:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481585