PDA

View Full Version : Shop errors

marc
2007.08.28, 05:13 PM
Hello. I noticed something while brousing through the shop here. Why in the AutoScale section, do they post the same thing twice, one in stock, and one out of stock? Also, I noticed one of the bodies has a picture of the MR02 chassis, and not the body advertised in the description. It's a little misleading when you see a price of around 29 dollars for an AutoScale body, and you see an MR02 chassis instead. Please have the shop correct these errors.

arch2b
2007.08.28, 05:56 PM
thank you for pointing out any errors. don't you think it would have been a little more helpful to inlude a link to the error listing? no one is going hunting thru hundreds of listings for a needle in a hay stack. not that no one is interested in fixing it, just no one has that kind of time. if you come across errors, please do post to tell us and please include a link to the listing. :)

without knowing for sure what your talking about i have only to guess:
the chassis picture is of either a rm or mm rear end. this is shown to indicate viually what configuration (http://shop.tinyrc.com/d_images//KYO-MZG209R-b.jpg) (example) the autoscale was designed for and i don't think anyone could misconstrue the rear end picture of a chassis as anyting else than what it is.

most of the autoscales are being re-released as you know. as a result they all have new part numbers which means a new shop listing. thus when you search by key word your results will include everything. if you wish to see only instock items, it's been explained on the forums and shop newsletter but use the express list (http://shop.tinyrc.com/express.php) feature in the left menu.
it's the shop policy to leave all db listings visible by default vs. only showing instock items so customers can use the 'notify when in stock' feature letting us know parts are requested for restock.

marc
2007.08.28, 06:04 PM
Sorry arch, here is the link to one of the errors.
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=18903&cat=379&page=9

arch2b
2007.08.28, 06:16 PM
thanks. as i suspected. it was just the configuration image. i have a hard time believing a listing for an autoscale could be confused with the image of the rear end of a chassis that is clearly marked 'rm'. now if we used a picture of the full chassis i would be inclined to agree with you but hey, i could be wrong.

our new policy for readyset and autoscale listings is to display an image of the chassis type or configuration as a means to visually identify vs. relying soley on the shop listing which doesn't seem to be enough for some people. this is a work in process so not all have these yet. in the case of the test car listing, we just don't have a good image to use for the listing as of yet however the standard configuration image has been placed already.

i would like to hear more from others if this is some how confusing. if so, we are intersted in alternative methods of getting the information across.

marc
2007.08.28, 07:39 PM
Well, it helps to have an exact image of the item described. I think I see what you are doing, but in my eyes, it looks like the shop is advertising an MR02 chassis, but describing an AutoScale and listing the AutoScale price. That's just me, I don't know if others are confused by this or not. I also understand it is a work in progress.
So what you are saying, is the image is refering to the body being suitable for RM, or MM chassis correct?

hrdrvr
2007.08.29, 08:39 AM
I understand where both of you are coming from. The image of the rear motor pod doesnt confuse me as to what Id be buying, but how come its the main picture instead of the actual body? If there is a pic of the body, it should be the main one, IMO.

Also, if you guys need some detialed pics of the sc430 test body, I can take some for you.

EDIT: One Im curious about is the description of this one:
http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=18822

It says "GlossCoat AutoScale Body", but I didnt think the test cars had a gloss coat. The NSX and 430 dont.

arch2b
2007.08.29, 08:45 AM
I understand where both of you are coming from. The image of the rear motor pod doesnt confuse me as to what Id be buying, but how come its the main picture instead of the actual body? If there is a pic of the body, it should be the main one, IMO.

Also, if you guys need some detialed pics of the sc430 test body, I can take some for you.
it's not the main picture. it is ALWAYS set to be the 2nd picture displayed for asc's. since we do not have the 1st image however, the next in line gets displayed.

we would love to get high quality detailed images from members for any shop products. if your interested in doing this please email me.

i'll go furtyher to explain the hierarchy we established for readysets/autoscales:
asc
1. asc
2. configuration
3- any other images

rtr
1. product
2. chassis type
3. new fet sticker if applicable
4- any other images

product descriptions come straight from manufacturer. if there are errors, we need to coordinate them with the manufacturer and make corrections as needed.

aimfox
2007.08.30, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I also came across the same thing. How come there are same bodies but different prices? One sold out and the other available. Bit confused :confused:

arch2b
2007.08.30, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I also came across the same thing. How come there are same bodies but different prices? One sold out and the other available. Bit confused :confused:
i explained it already but i'll go over it again.

most of the autoscales are being re-released as you know. as a result they all have new part numbers which means a new shop listing. thus when you search by key word your results will include everything. if you wish to see only instock items, it's been explained on the forums and shop newsletter but use the express list feature in the left menu.
it's the shop policy to leave all db listings visible by default vs. only showing instock items so customers can use the 'notify when in stock' feature letting us know parts are requested for restock. changes in pricing are reflective of changes to pricing kyosho set.

aimfox
2007.09.03, 10:01 AM
i explained it already but i'll go over it again.

changes in pricing are reflective of changes to pricing kyosho set.
Oh I see sorry. I usually read the first post of the thread. :o
But in the future, I will read the whole posts in the thread