PDA

View Full Version : Forum filter

aimfox
2007.09.03, 05:27 PM
The forum filter seems to be blocking all the urls we type such as AT0M1CMOD5, 3BAY and other sites. Is it okay if we use TinyURL.com to redirect the urls? :confused:

homestar21
2007.09.03, 06:02 PM
This has been explained in other threads, as they are commercial sites, possibly competition. Use the search next time and you'll learn why people like and dislike the pros and cons of this. :)

EDIT: Hey aimfox, maybe next time, you can just compile all your questions in one thread, and update it. I did that for my AWD, and with others permission, if your question relates to their thread, you can post there. Also, use the search feature, it's great, and most topics and questions have been covered before. The FAQ forum here has a lot of info! :D

aimfox
2007.09.03, 06:20 PM
This has been explained in other threads, as they are commercial sites, possibly competition. Use the search next time and you'll learn why people like and dislike the pros and cons of this. :)

EDIT: Hey aimfox, maybe next time, you can just compile all your questions in one thread, and update it. I did that for my AWD, and with others permission, if your question relates to their thread, you can post there. Also, use the search feature, it's great, and most topics and questions have been covered before. The FAQ forum here has a lot of info! :D
Ohhhhh damn sorry. I was looking down the Site Feedback if this topic has been existed but I didn't see any so that's why I posted here. I usually use the search function to find Mini-Z problems or help. But in the future, I will take your advise to use the search engine. Thanks.

So may I ask if this is allowed?
:p

arch2b
2007.09.03, 07:02 PM
to recap, teh forum has automatic filtering. this was setup ages ago when forum spamming was more previlent. you would get members from x forum posting to y forum with links to thier shop which in essence takes sales away from this shop. this shop is the major thing paying to keep this forum active as well as the other sister forums, see the links in my signature.

love it or hate it, it's used by 95% of forums in some manner or another. we haev always been very upfront about this and there are always other means for getting the info needed. there is the email feature which has to be enabled, chat feature which has to be filled in your profile.

in most cases, we have people from those other places contributing here so there is no ill will and that is how we wish to continue. we pride ourselves on having good working realtionships with the most prominate other forums and shops. i chat with many of them from time to time.

i hope that we can reach a point where filtering is not needed as it's not my favorite thing in the world but this is what we have to work with right now and we do our best.

homestar21
2007.09.03, 07:03 PM
What's allowed? Writing the shop names? Sure, but you can use spaces between, or do what you're doing. I think it's alright if you're helping someone.

Edit: ooh arch beat me.

arch2b
2007.09.03, 07:07 PM
we try to be consistent with enforcement. that does not mean that in some instances it's clear that it's in the better interest to allow this. i hope this makes sense. if you concerned about am, please see cristians signature as his spelling is bascially the understood way it happens. over tiem you will learn the short hand most of us use and it will be second nature.