PDA

View Full Version : TX Questions...

DrivingSideways
2007.09.09, 10:45 PM
i have a few questions about the firelap tx's.
1. i heard somewhere that tx range is bad under 11v. that would be bad, since 8 rechargables (only way 2 do it) only go to 10.8v.
2. whats the tx range on a nanodragon? thanks for any answers!

fangel
2007.09.10, 12:30 AM
1. I have never experience any problem with range under 11v, I have been using the AFM2 both indoor and outdoor.
2. Range in indoor varies due to indoor condition. but range outdoor has always been very good. We have not fully tested the full range, but basically you could drive your NanoDragon 2 to out of clear visibility without loosing control.

hrdrvr
2007.09.10, 10:12 AM
With my FL Tx, I never had problems until it got down around 9.0v.

fangel
2007.09.10, 10:15 AM
hrdrvr has the new AFM2 transmitter correct?
If yes could you provide some pro's and con's about it from an end user point of view?
(even though I'm a end user myself, but people might feel that I'm more bias toward to product)

hrdrvr
2007.09.10, 10:31 AM
Im not 100% sure which Tx it is. Like I stated in one of the other threads it stopped working properly (steering wheel got 'jumpy') and it ceased to go into reverse. I havent looked at it in a while :P

I should recive the others I ordered this week, and will try and post a more formal review than the last one I did. The other started out guaging interest and ended up just as a thread posting my experiences with that particular car. Beings this will be my second Firelap and fourth Iwaiver product, I should be able to put together a better 'review'.

You can see my initial thoughts about the Tx and chassis in the below linked thread. Maybe you can LMK if that is the updated version or the older version as well, so I know wheter to expect the same things from the new one.

http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23873.

EDIT: It is the Afm2. I just looked through the old thread. Its on page 2 where I recieved the pacckage.

Is that the most updated Tx, and chassis kit?

BTW, sorry to jack the thread :(

DrivingSideways
2007.09.10, 04:53 PM
Thank you for all the help, i was scared 4 a second there, as im buying a 2 nanodragon 2's for me and my bro. I dont think it will ever get down to that low voltage (9.0v). this is good info. apparantly (from hdvdr) the tx is the best, so, ill be good. :) (im pretty sure the afm2 is the newest, ask fangel, he'll know. as for the "jacked thread," it wasnt jacked since it was a tx question. thx)

fangel
2007.09.11, 01:33 AM
hrdrvr,
I'm not really sure what has happen with your TX, do you feel that it is a mechanical problem? If you feel that it is an electronic problem you could try the following. Press and hold the + and - button before turning on the TX, then turn on the TX and wait for the screen to show OK. This trick is to reset the TX and should fix many bugs and issue that one might have from playing with the setting for too long.

AFM2 is the newest TX from Inopo, as hdvdr has put it, the range and the performance is very good, but I would believe that what hdvdr has encounter is only an indiviual case and has not occure too many time. I'm not quite sure if your NR2 chassis is the newest one or not, but from from the recieving time of it, it should be the old version.
The one you would be recieving in the near future will be a even better version.

I would strongly suggest that you give iwaver a try, the quaility and performance is much better then Firelap, you be very happy with the result.

hrdrvr
2007.09.11, 03:19 PM
^
MY Tx is definatly messed up mechanically. The trigger is more forward than it is supposed to be, and you cant move it any firther forward. This means I cant get the car into reverse. Also, if you turn it full lock right, it doesnt recenter itself. It feels like there may be some binding behind the wheel. Ive dismantled it as far as I feel comfortable, and couldnt get it any better. Now that I have another, Ill be dismantling it all the way.

I recieved my shipment, and luckily, I did get the new chassis upgrade, or atleast a newer one than I had. The one I had was a cheap grey plastic wiht a black PCB cover. This one seems to be more like the older Iwaiver's (hopefully better :P) black plastic, with a dark grey (almost black) PCB cover.

Also, out of the box its a lot closer to MR02 (Ill find out friday if its equal) as far as speed an response go. Its definatly a few steps uo from the one I got earlier this year.

I got tons of pics compared to the other one. hopefully Ill be able to get a formal review up soon.

Also, fangel, (this is now a true 'jack' :D) do you know if this model actually has a sevo saver, or is it the same servo saver shaped piece of plastic from the other one I had?

BTW, I would like to try out one of the new Iwaivers, but I really like the fact that I can use Z parts, which are lots easier for me to get than Iwaiver on this side of the pond. I also was turned off by the FM on the new model. The main reason I got this set up was for the use of the controller on all of my cars. If I got an FM car it would be the only one I have, and the Tx would be useless for the rest of my RCs.

...apparantly (from hdvdr) the tx is the best, so, ill be good. :) (im pretty sure the afm2 is the newest, ask fangel, he'll know. as for the "jacked thread," it wasnt jacked since it was a tx question. thx)

I dont think its 'the best', but I definatly think its great for the price of the RTR.

DrivingSideways
2007.09.11, 03:22 PM
i didnt really mean the best, it was just an expression :D probably the best i could buy hehehe...

hrdrvr
2007.09.11, 04:50 PM
^ Just wanted to clarify, for later readers as well :D

DrivingSideways
2007.09.11, 05:21 PM
ok. thats cool. everyone else, listen to hrdrvr (sorry i called u hdvdr) :D

fangel
2007.09.11, 11:04 PM
Hrdrvr,
I'm sorry that the TX has a mechanic fault, and I have made an official announcement that all NanoRacer 2.0 shipping now will be the new and upgraded version with much better quality control and better electronics.
I'm looking forward to your review.

The servo saver is still the plastic one that you used to have, only iwaver has spring re-center servo saver at the moment.

Please do give iwaver a try, it's really good in quality and it's much better in performance. You could actually use your AFM2 to control iwaver with the FM27 module box. It's currently not available yet, but will be very soon. After this, you could use your AFM2 for all your RC, even the new iwaver.

I would have to agree, at this price with TX at this quality. it's really a big bang for buck.

yamar6
2007.09.14, 02:31 PM
i have the nano dragon buggy with the new radio.i love it for the price you can't go wrong.i am using it on my bike and rc 18 and i have no range or glitching problems.

fangel
2007.09.16, 11:25 PM
Thanks for your support, I would like more people to know that the Inopo AFM2 transmitter is really a very high quality radio system that would work with many of your owned cars.

yamar6
2007.10.02, 10:49 PM
i just want to say is that.i just rec. my firelap 2.0 and that radio works perfect.so it is worth the money.i look at it this way.even if you need a 3 channal radio buy this one.you get a free car out of the deal

hrdrvr
2007.10.03, 07:54 AM
^ Is it really 3-channel? I dont have any 3-channel cars, but always thought this was the standard 2 channel.

yamar6
2007.10.03, 10:20 AM
yes it is.the switch on the right side.^ Is it really 3-channel? I dont have any 3-channel cars, but always thought this was the standard 2 channel.

fangel
2007.10.04, 01:31 AM
Actually the one that comes with NR2 is AFM2, which is a 2 channel TX.
This is actually an early leak, but we will be releasing a AFM3 which will allow the use of the switch on the right. Making it a true 3 channel TX.

Thanks for telling everyone again what a good buy NR2 really is.

yamar6
2007.10.04, 08:55 PM
i messed up.i used the old iwaver radio on my revo.so that third switch does not work.you shure cause they said that the older iwaver did not work and it worked on my revo.Actually the one that comes with NR2 is AFM2, which is a 2 channel TX.
This is actually an early leak, but we will be releasing a AFM3 which will allow the use of the switch on the right. Making it a true 3 channel TX.

Thanks for telling everyone again what a good buy NR2 really is.

fangel
2007.10.04, 09:42 PM
I'm fairly sure that it doesn't work, but I guess I never really looked to check if the button is even connected. It might be, since the factory might start making AFM3 PCB and disabling it to save on cost.

kesevada
2007.11.02, 11:05 AM
Iím not to happy with inopo stuff. I have 1x AMF2 with AM module and FM module and 2x FM receiver with brand new 40FM inopo crystals, i try it at home and works fine, some little interferences but is ok. My first stupid error was to run, such radio, with my 1/10 Petrol Carson. Guess what, the car run for about 25 feet with my command after that itís the devil how controls it, straight to the wall and crash the front suspension. Not happy with that I try it in my 1/10 Electric Tamiya, guess what again, the car at the same distance have radio problems, when I turn wheels simultaneous it pulls throttle and do crazy movements (now I try it with no wheels on the floor and moved my self with the radio:) )
With the nanoracer I only run at home so can not say it works fine at such a distance, my nanoracer had some trouble with the electronics, I try my friend AM27mhz crystals and works fine at 1 or 2 feet, I donít try it in length area. But now I donít want to spend more money in stuff that donít work fine. Have all the stuff here for nothing (just to crash my good cars). Not even the radio reset software works, with that trick +/-.
It seems like some bad karma, all inopo stuff I bought donít work fine, it was better if they donít worked at all (if so I didnít have crashed my car).
Thatís my inopo material review, itís not good and Iím sad even more then the brand producer, because I spent a lot of money on the new brand, to save some money in a radio system ďhow came with a free carĒ I spent more with less, even none, quality.

fangel
2007.11.04, 08:51 PM
Kesevada,
I'm really sorry for your lost. We have tried the AFM2 TX with AM and FM module box extensively before launching into the market, and have never encounter lost of control.
I'm guessing it's either interference or signal noise from the area or low battery on the TX/RX combination. We did however encounter some issue on some of the crystal, but we have all those stock pulled from the market and it has not cause any issue with our customer. I'm know that I can't just blame your misfortune on bad batch, but currently I'm not too sure how and what the problem is. Since I know many racer in this forum use the AFM2 with NanoRacer extensively in large indoor race track which will be in an even noisy environment.

I would love to help you problem solve this or even replace the item. Please email me and we will talk more about it.

mailboxck
2007.12.09, 10:30 PM
When will the Iwaver 02 be available on toyeast? It's still not on their list. Thanks.

Yep the AFM2 has some glitches. I use it on my 1/10 rc. (I bought the Inopo radio set btw). But for the price, you won't complain and the glitches are not that bad. It's only noticeable when you're on a full stop.

fangel
2007.12.10, 11:26 PM
The new iwaver 02M will be available at the late 2007 or early 2008.
It would have new electronics power by Inopo.
I would like to know what are the glitches you saw with AFM2? servo shake?

mailboxck
2007.12.11, 06:25 AM
I got the FM version of the AFM2. The servo shakes very little, and the throttle has a hard time to center.

But, I believe that the throttle does not center properly not because of glitch, but because the plastic parts in the TX are not molded well so it binds a bit and cannot center. I just hope that you can make a better throttle trigger on the tx because my finger hurts after a long drive.

fangel
2007.12.11, 08:51 PM
We have already looked into this problem and fixed it. The next production has already fixed this issue. (AFM3 has already fixed this)

Gigibesi
2008.03.16, 04:27 AM
i really interested to know if there any way of solve the steering problem of not smooth in first few degree of it... it very soft especially u tried to do small correction on straight line since the thing dosnt return to the centre and tend to move around like snake on staight line...

fangel
2008.03.16, 10:07 PM
I'm not too sure about what you mean by smoothing, but I would assume is that allow the throttle to not jump in all of the suddent and allow a smooth proportional flow on the throttle.
I'm not sure if you have EXP on, if yes try turning it off.
I can't confirm how to fix this, since I don't know how soft you want your throttle, I'm not sure if it is a hardware or software fix, I think I would need more detail before I could answer you directly.

Gigibesi
2008.03.17, 04:29 AM
I'm not too sure about what you mean by smoothing, but I would assume is that allow the throttle to not jump in all of the suddent and allow a smooth proportional flow on the throttle.
I'm not sure if you have EXP on, if yes try turning it off.
I can't confirm how to fix this, since I don't know how soft you want your throttle, I'm not sure if it is a hardware or software fix, I think I would need more detail before I could answer you directly.

Ah sorry for the sktchy question....

Well what i mean is the steering wheel on the controler. It is very smooth actually when i 1st got it then i recently (i used it for 4 month) the sterring felt kinda loose as if the spring doesnt have any tension to return to its position. this is obvious especilly i tried to do small correction on straight line & i can feel the sterring very soft compared when i do full turn on the sterring wheel.

i tried to lube the bearing on the sterring wheels it does work but the problem still exists...

* i hope you get what i mean.. sorry :rolleyes:

fangel
2008.03.18, 11:01 PM
I think I know what you mean, basically you are saying that there is no feed back to the steering, the steering feel loose making it hard to make small correction on straight. I guess changing the spring will help give better feed back, you would have to disassemble the TX to do it, please be careful when doing this.

hrdrvr
2008.03.19, 08:36 AM
I had the exact opposite thing happen on my first one. It actually binded up, and would grind when I turned. The steering wheel wouldnt recenter itself either. I got frustrated and ordered another a few months later :p

FWIW, I tried to take mine apart to see what could be binding it on the inside. I had absolutely no chance of getting it back together. Im decent with small parts and what not, but there was no way I could do it. I did however have a friend recently convert his to a left handed Tx. Pretty funny to see the steering wheel on the back of his Tx.

fangel
2008.03.20, 12:21 AM
Your friend is a very handy person, it's quite hard to swap the steering to the back and not move the LCD and everything. Maybe you can ask your friend if he could put it back together for you, he must know how to do since he did it for his own TX.

hrdrvr
2008.03.20, 09:33 AM
I got an EX-10 helios for christams, so I dont need the Inopo Txs any more :D Im sure he could have pulled it off though.

fangel
2008.03.25, 05:35 AM
Hum, the Helios is very good TX. (much more expensive too...)