PDA

View Full Version : direction how to get 2 the track

rc_nut
2007.09.12, 06:39 PM
I heard there is a race track in reading i was wondering were in reading it was located. Thanks

John

imxlr8ed
2007.09.12, 07:06 PM
Here's our directions link...

http://dorksonwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115

We still haven't decided on a date this month, but when we do... I'll post here. It's more than likely going to be Sunday the 23rd of this month. We start around 10am and usually finish up around 6 or 7ish.

If you want to race sooner than that... we race at Gasman's place, usually every Thursday night 7pm-11pm... but you'll have to PM him to get directions.

Look forward to racing with you!

lfisminiz
2007.09.12, 09:59 PM
Looking forward to seeing you there.

rc_nut
2007.09.12, 10:31 PM
look forword to seeing both of you there as well. is there different classes. because im not that good yet and dont want everyone 2 smoke me. Is there any beginners that race there now?

lfisminiz
2007.09.12, 10:38 PM
You got all skill levels...dont worry. They normally run...
Stock class
Mod class
F-1 class. You can run mr-02 and awd chassis in stock and mod.

rc_nut
2007.09.12, 10:43 PM
ok how many cars should i get i was thinking about getting four mr02. two of them MM. And two of them RM. Just to c which one i like better. I was also thinking of buying a track to practice on in my house.

imxlr8ed
2007.09.13, 08:29 AM
If you want to be well rounded with your herd... I'd recommend 2 MR02s (MM or RM, doesn't really matter), one MA010... and of course, an F1! Run them as near stock as possible for a while, then choose what you want to make your Mod car (MA010 or the MR02).

And please don't worry about getting "smoked", it happens to all of us when we start. I had this Xmodder a long time ago, convinced he was gonna show up and hand our asses to us because he had lipos in his Xmod. I tried to tell him that it's based more on skill than car technology. After the first race... he didn't want to race much after that, and never came back.

Show up... you will learn more in one visit than you would by surfing websites. (not that MZR isn't the greatest or anything like that! ;) )

jbevins
2007.09.13, 04:12 PM
tell me about it, all you guys have given some excellent advise in one way or another some which I have used! :)

rc_nut
2007.09.13, 06:11 PM
If you want to be well rounded with your herd... I'd recommend 2 MR02s (MM or RM, doesn't really matter), one MA010... and of course, an F1! Run them as near stock as possible for a while, then choose what you want to make your Mod car (MA010 or the MR02).

And please don't worry about getting "smoked", it happens to all of us when we start. I had this Xmodder a long time ago, convinced he was gonna show up and hand our asses to us because he had lipos in his Xmod. I tried to tell him that it's based more on skill than car technology. After the first race... he didn't want to race much after that, and never came back.

Show up... you will learn more in one visit than you would by surfing websites. (not that MZR isn't the greatest or anything like that! ;) )
ok im not worried. when are the races could u send me a schedule?

imxlr8ed
2007.09.13, 10:21 PM
Nothing to worry about... we're tuning at Gasman's right now. We still haven't come to a consensus here as to what Sunday we are going to run this month. (but we're leaning towards the 23rd) I'll post here with the decided date then.

rc_nut
2007.09.14, 09:30 AM
ok thats cool. How long have you been racing mini z's?

arch2b
2007.09.14, 10:16 AM
these guys are top notch :) nothing like learning from some of the best :p

fyi, imx... we are running a practice endurance (1 hour) race for f1's on sept. 29th. we will be examining the new hobby shop space, larger track layouts and ofcourse core's performance for long events.

briankstan
2007.09.14, 10:23 AM
these guys are top notch :) nothing like learning from some of the best :p

fyi, imx... we are running a practice endurance (1 hour) race for f1's on sept. 29th. we will be examining the new hobby shop space, larger track layouts and ofcourse core's performance for long events.

We have run several 1 hour endurance races. I haven't had a problem with core scoring them at all.

on a large track we still managed 350+ laps.

imxlr8ed
2007.09.14, 04:30 PM
Arch... would be excellent to get some "Big Layout Events" going, keep us posted. I don't think Core has ever missed a lap on any of our endurances.

Top notch?... maybe 2nd or 3rd down really. :o

imxlr8ed
2007.09.14, 11:58 PM
We're going to shoot for the 23rd (95% sure of it), hope you can make it out RC nut! Here's our thread:

http://dorksonwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3983#post3983

imxlr8ed
2007.09.21, 01:21 PM
Just a reminder... we will be racing this coming Sunday the 23rd, hope you can join us! It's rumored that some of our NYC friends will be in attendance too... you gotta see these guys drive! :cool: