PDA

View Full Version : Nanoracer 2.0 w/x-speed

Lunchbox1019
2007.09.14, 06:54 AM
New guy here, please excuse me if I ask a stupid question.

I purchased two Nanoracer 2.0s and I have put an x-speed motor into one of them. The new motor seems to be shorting out, like it doesnt have a good connection to the board. I have tightend the screw down enought so that the connectors can't move around. But the engine keeps cutting on and off when throttle is given. I can even see a few tiny blue sparks coming from the negative lead. I was thinking about putting some 5mm e-clips (as washers) to press the lead to the board a little harder. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

byebye
2007.09.14, 06:55 AM
Try a different motor and let us know.

Kris

Lunchbox1019
2007.09.14, 07:00 AM
I put the stock motor back in and it was still doing it, but not nearly as often. This was happening late last night. I woke up this morning and it wasnt doing it at all (with the x-speed). Could it have been somekind of interference?

byebye
2007.09.14, 07:04 AM
Did it stop doing it after you put the washers on? Or secured it better? Sounds like a bad connection.

Kris

Lunchbox1019
2007.09.14, 07:08 AM
Did it stop doing it after you put the washers on? Or secured it better? Sounds like a bad connection.

Kris

Nah, I never got around to putting any washers on. I didn't have anything laying around that would have worked including e-clips. But the clips were the only thing I could think of that were small enough (unless they make washers that small). I had removed and replaced the wires several times trying to get a better connection, but I could never get it to go away completely.

fangel
2007.09.16, 10:22 PM
that is strange, it does sounds like it's a bad connection.
but as you said, it suddenly went away like glitch in the electronics one morning.
I hope it never returns, but it really sound strange to me, I have never heard of it happening from any user.

MANFRED35
2007.10.22, 02:15 PM
HELLO from FRANCE, That's my first contact and i hope my english is not too bab. I appreciate what I read before in these thread.
I have the new nanoracer 2.0 and I am very happy with the possibilities of fun and tuning. Today I replaced the standard motor by a i-pro one but after a couple of minutes one fet has burned. I am still satisfied in the product :) as i knew there was a risk. I intend to replace the original SDM8401 fet by irf7389 (2x2 or 3x2). Is there a seller as toyeast.com that I could contact to get 10 pcs of these FET. I really appreciate toyeast for the prices and the shipping speed.

MANFRED35
2007.10.22, 02:35 PM
Sorry for the mistake of the two same post... I can precise that the I-PRO MOTOR wire are inverted (red instead of black). That can be an information for quality improvment but it is a very little problem...

fangel
2007.10.22, 09:30 PM
Manfred35,
I'm happy that you like the new NanoRacer 2.0, I'm sorry that the FET burn when using the i-pro motor, as you already understand, there is a possibility of that happening since it does draw a lot of current from the PCB.
We do not carry any FET upgrade, but Shop@TinyRC does, below is the link to the FET
http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=411

As for the i-pro motor has the wire inverted, I'll look into this matter and see how to fix it.