PDA

View Full Version : RCP got wet what now??

Phil Burr
2007.09.23, 05:39 PM
Hey everyone, I normally setup my track indoors, but the weather has been so nice here lately I set up a track outside and BAM!! Rain shower that totally soaked my track. My question is do I just let it dry on it's own or do I need to do something special to it. Hope I haven't ruined it??

Phil

arch2b
2007.09.23, 05:50 PM
let it dry. shouldn't be a problem that i'm aware of.

Phil Burr
2007.09.23, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, that's what I thought but just wanted to be sure.

byebye
2007.09.23, 07:19 PM
Hey everyone, I normally setup my track indoors, but the weather has been so nice here lately I set up a track outside and BAM!! Rain shower that totally soaked my track. My question is do I just let it dry on it's own or do I need to do something special to it. Hope I haven't ruined it??

Phil

Rain don't hurt. I had my track setup in the garage and when I opened the garage door it dripped on one end of the track. I ran thru it like it was no big deal. Actually I didn't loose grip either. Only problem that occured was that as the tires got wet and soaked they would fly off the wheel. If you decide to run like this you need to tape the tires to the wheel. Otherwise you'll be okay.

Kris

herman
2007.09.24, 03:00 AM
what about tropical climates? where it rains one day and is sunny the next?? would the tracks properties change?

Draconious
2007.09.24, 05:51 AM
The sun damages it more than water will... UV and all. Dries it out and discolors it or something...

herman
2007.09.24, 09:16 PM
The sun damages it more than water will... UV and all. Dries it out and discolors it or something...
yikes :eek: ... thanks for the info... :D

RCPMini-z
2007.09.27, 11:52 PM
If the track gets wet, just towel it and get it as dry as possible. Any remainder moisture should be allowed to dry in a sheltered area. The sun can do damage to the track tiles and links if wet tiles are left to dry in the sun. Possible shrinkage at the links can occur if the tracks get wet and are allowed to dry in the sun.

marc
2007.12.25, 05:01 PM
Put on some rain-tires? :D Or get hair-dryers and try and dry it that way. Just be carefull not to get it too hot.