PDA

View Full Version : M.H.S. Racing Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

HobbyShopOwner
2007.09.26, 04:06 PM
MHS Official Forum

bermbuster
2007.10.07, 06:41 AM
Saturday night racing at Majs is awesome.....
the atmosphere is just pure fun and competition....
from the kids class to the adult experts (should i call them pros??? :D )
I heard Willie Wong make the best statement these kids are our future!!!!
When youngsters watch these guys race super fast and clean...then the guys spend time with the kids...it is truly priceless.....

HobbyShopOwner
2007.10.08, 02:12 PM
When youngsters watch these guys race super fast and clean...then the guys spend time with the kids...it is truly priceless.....

George,

Thanks for the pics! These kids keep this up for another couple years and they will be taking us out one by one!

Thanks for posting.

see ya soon.

HobbyShopOwner
2007.10.26, 10:07 AM
Hello Friends,

Just a quick update that we flipped over the track to the rough surface.

see you all soon.

Pinq
2007.11.07, 06:39 PM
hi, I was thinking of getting a mini-z since my local hobby store has a small track after it moved to a larger shop, and since you guys are only about 20 mins away from me it's convenient for me if i want to race and such. I was wondering if there was any rulesets that are followed for racing. thanks

michvin
2007.11.08, 09:34 AM
the faces are oh so familiar :D

bermbuster
2007.11.11, 08:08 AM
hi, I was thinking of getting a mini-z since my local hobby store has a small track after it moved to a larger shop, and since you guys are only about 20 mins away from me it's convenient for me if i want to race and such. I was wondering if there was any rulesets that are followed for racing. thanks

Get the z and you will be hooked.... :D
come down and check out the racing on Thursday night or Saturday night.
There are rules and the way it is set up you will find a place/class to race in...... :)

bermbuster
2007.11.11, 08:09 AM
the faces are oh so familiar :D
come on out and add your face to the familiar list...... :D

HobbyShopOwner
2007.11.11, 08:33 AM

Hi Ping,

Welcome to MHS discussion.

Basically we make it so that all can race at MHS and we separate the classes according to what is brought to the track.

Give us a call or stop buy one day you will love the track. NASCAR has become a big hit and we just changed the track lay out for on-road course this week.

Hope to see you soon.

rc100722
2007.11.18, 06:18 PM
Maj Just Hooked Me Up Now I Cant Wait To Race My New Nascar And For Everybody That Knows Me Knows About All The Carnage That Is Going To Happen

bermbuster
2007.11.18, 07:11 PM
Maj Just Hooked Me Up Now I Cant Wait To Race My New Nascar And For Everybody That Knows Me Knows About All The Carnage That Is Going To Happen
Just be careful....i saw Maj rub Leo off the track..... :D

HobbyShopOwner
2007.11.18, 10:49 PM

umm, something tells me that because this post is talking about Carnage this must be RC!

:)

see ya soon!

rc100722
2007.11.19, 07:31 PM
yes sir gotto watch out for those a-main guys knockin people into the infield and off the track

Slubben
2007.11.28, 01:13 PM
It's great to have found Maj's and I look forward to lots more racing!!

HobbyShopOwner
2007.11.28, 04:30 PM
It's great to have found Maj's and I look forward to lots more racing!!
Slubben,

Thanks for the positive feedback about MHS.

We look forward to having you more often.

We will see you soon.

We are on as usual tomorrow night. 7:30pm start.

Have a great night!

san9000
2007.12.11, 10:50 AM
Hi, my name is San and a member of Team Champion. I'm actually new to the RC scene (about 5 months). I primarily race 1/8 truggies and waiting for Maj to finish the 1/18 track to run my XRay M18 for the 1st time.

I would like to thank Maj for his hospitality and support. Our group was invited to the store to take a look at the new 1/18 track (work in progress) and witness the Mini-Z craze. To make a long story short, one of our members bought (on the spot) and competed in the Mini-Z Nascar class. Maj and Leo were extremely supportive and after a few qualifiers, he actually made the A Main.

Again, it was a great experience and we hope to become regulars.

P.S. Maj, my son thanks you for allowing him to use his laptop in the store. ;-)

HobbyShopOwner
2007.12.12, 11:22 PM
Hi, my name is San and a member of Team Champion. I'm actually new to the RC scene (about 5 months). I primarily race 1/8 truggies and waiting for Maj to finish the 1/18 track to run my XRay M18 for the 1st time.

I would like to thank Maj for his hospitality and support. Our group was invited to the store to take a look at the new 1/18 track (work in progress) and witness the Mini-Z craze. To make a long story short, one of our members bought (on the spot) and competed in the Mini-Z Nascar class. Maj and Leo were extremely supportive and after a few qualifiers, he actually made the A Main.

Again, it was a great experience and we hope to become regulars.

P.S. Maj, my son thanks you for allowing him to use his laptop in the store. ;-)

San,

It was great having you there. Maj and I look forward to racing with you in the future. If you and the rest of the gang need anything else just let us know.

I have to say I was VERY impressed with AJ's ability on the first night out on the track. I was telling Maj that in a few more races he will be one that we have to battle with for that A main spot im sure.

Looking forward to see you all soon.

Have a great week!

san9000
2007.12.13, 09:03 AM
We'll be there this Saturday for the night race(s). Also, I would like to put a face to your forum nick. Did we meet at the store?

T-Bolt
2007.12.15, 01:34 PM
You guys open on Saturdays?

bermbuster
2007.12.15, 03:30 PM
Saturday night nascar racing will never be the same now that Axial and Venom sponsored cars...... :D

HobbyShopOwner
2007.12.16, 07:34 PM
You guys open on Saturdays?

Hey Tbolt,

Yes we are open saturdays.

At the moment we race Saturday nights as well. We may be changing our Saturday racing to the mornings instead.

We have tons of people from out of town who are itching to race at MHS on a regular basis but the evening makes it harder for them.

Stay tuned and we will keep you posted.

Have a great weekend!

HobbyShopOwner
2007.12.16, 07:50 PM
Hello Friends,

Update for those of you who could not make it out to MHS for saturday night racing because of the weather and holiday shopping.

Update 1

NASCAR is huge! Who would have thought that it would be so much fun and popular in this neck of the woods.

Another group of people joined us last weekend and it seems that its continuing to becomeg one of the most popular classes along with the onroad racing class at MHS.

Update 2

We are considering changing Saturday night racing from the evening to the morning. We have many people from out of town who have been emailing and calling us about racing but the evening races seem to make it harder for them to come out and enjoy the races here at MHS.

Update 3

We have a ton of guys with F1's who want to race them but people keep forgetting to do so. For those of you who own them start bringing them and we will get that class going. they are ton of fun and look so cool on the track.

See you all soon and thanks for all the support!

bermbuster
2007.12.16, 08:01 PM
making the Saturday racing earlier sounds good for us as well.....

T-Bolt
2007.12.16, 10:31 PM
Hey Tbolt,

Yes we are open saturdays.

At the moment we race Saturday nights as well. We may be changing our Saturday racing to the mornings instead.

We have tons of people from out of town who are itching to race at MHS on a regular basis but the evening makes it harder for them.

Stay tuned and we will keep you posted.

Have a great weekend!

Yeah man, I was the short dude who came in on Saturday with the inferno. Oh, and the nascar races were awesome. I wasn't expecting them to be so cool.

HobbyShopOwner
2007.12.17, 06:32 PM
Yeah man, I was the short dude who came in on Saturday with the inferno. Oh, and the nascar races were awesome. I wasn't expecting them to be so cool.
Tbolt,

I remember you! It was nice meeting you and thanks for helping clean the ice off the car.

I am looking forward to racing with you both mini z and the infernos.

See you soon!

bermbuster
2007.12.17, 08:16 PM
T Bolt my son and I ran with you at Extreme in the basement.....
I knew you looked familiar.......

Guys im sitting here in my hotel and I had a great idea.....
the nascar endurance 500.....
we run and whoever has the most laps on a charge wins.....
now the fastest guy may not win....
each race will take about 30minutes.....3 races b guys a guys then the best 6......GF Racing will provide awards....

DominicL
2007.12.17, 08:43 PM
We are considering changing Saturday night racing from the evening to the morning. We have many people from out of town who have been emailing and calling us about racing but the evening races seem to make it harder for them to come out and enjoy the races here at MHS.

Crap! Sat mornings won't work for me. I work till 1:00 pm on Saturdays. :( Who am I to say though, being the newbie here. :)

Dominic

T-Bolt
2007.12.17, 09:01 PM
T Bolt my son and I ran with you at Extreme in the basement.....
I knew you looked familiar.......

Guys im sitting here in my hotel and I had a great idea.....
the nascar endurance 500.....
we run and whoever has the most laps on a charge wins.....
now the fastest guy may not win....
each race will take about 30minutes.....3 races b guys a guys then the best 6......GF Racing will provide awards....

Yeah, that'd probably be me.

Tbolt,

I remember you! It was nice meeting you and thanks for helping clean the ice off the car.

I am looking forward to racing with you both mini z and the infernos.

See you soon!

Looking forward to it too. Hey, can I convert my old MR01 to nascar specs?

bermbuster
2007.12.18, 04:51 AM
Crap! Sat mornings won't work for me. I work till 1:00 pm on Saturdays. :( Who am I to say though, being the newbie here. :)

Dominic

Maj will figure something out to keep us all happy.....
maybe alternating times.....one week sat night next week sat morning
at first the Sat morning sounded good but when the sports start back up...
Ill be busy myself....duhhh...
Looking forward to this Saturday night..... :D

Slubben
2007.12.18, 09:15 AM
Maj will figure something out to keep us all happy.....
maybe alternating times.....one week sat night next week sat morning
at first the Sat morning sounded good but when the sports start back up...
Ill be busy myself....duhhh...
Looking forward to this Saturday night..... :D

Saturday mornings would be tough for me as well at least for the time being. Perhaps a trial run of early hours so that the people who want to race at Maj's who live far can try it out but, if they decide they don't want to be regulars nothing is set in stone. I'd vote for just starting earlier Saturday afternoon.

T-Bolt
2007.12.18, 12:09 PM
What about starting it in the afternoon, like at 2:00 or so? We wouldn't be there until very late, and whatever obligations that people have in the morning will hopefully be done by then.

san9000
2007.12.18, 09:00 PM
Saturday mornings will not be good for our team, well at least for AJ and the Mini-Z class. Myself, AJ and Beauthor will make the Sunday morning 1/18 events for sure.

HobbyShopOwner
2007.12.22, 01:19 PM
Saturday mornings would be tough for me as well at least for the time being. Perhaps a trial run of early hours so that the people who want to race at Maj's who live far can try it out but, if they decide they don't want to be regulars nothing is set in stone. I'd vote for just starting earlier Saturday afternoon.

San,

Starting earlier is a good idea. We are going to speak to the regulars tonight.

See ya soon.

T-Bolt
2007.12.22, 06:40 PM
Sucks, I was all ready to go tonight and then got stuck working tonight. Oh well, maybe next Thursday.

bermbuster
2008.01.18, 09:17 PM
when are we gonna run some F1......

Slubben
2008.01.19, 11:46 AM
Seems very tough to get all the guys with F1 cars there on the same night. Would probably have to be on a Saturday night.

bermbuster
2008.01.25, 10:01 AM
we had a group of Porsches run last night and it was a blast....
Simple rules....
015 chassis rear motor mount.....
Porsche body....

cant wait to run my 934 again....:D

HobbyShopOwner
2008.01.26, 09:53 AM
Hello Friends,

Racing for Saturday will be the following.

3pm & 8pm

Two sessions. We want to make it possible for those who live out of town to enjoy the track.

See you all soon.

bermbuster
2008.01.27, 08:34 AM
this new layout is very challenging....
lot of high speed straights and tight turns definitely putting me to the test....

and that new pit cutie..."Sherri" is she half hispanic/irish???:D

Slubben
2008.01.28, 10:00 AM
I may be the first racer to actively avoid being on the pole thanks to some one but I'm going not mention any names.

Slubben
2008.01.28, 12:16 PM
Or in English. I'm not going to mention any names.

HobbyShopOwner
2008.01.28, 01:27 PM
Hey Sherry!

Its all good!

:)

Slubben
2008.01.29, 09:42 AM
Sherry or Sherri isn't that far off from how the attentive management at MHS usually spells my name!

Cherub1m
2008.01.30, 12:27 PM
we had a group of Porsches run last night and it was a blast....
Simple rules....
015 chassis rear motor mount.....
Porsche body....

cant wait to run my 934 again....:D

Hi Everyone

Intersting, thats what I thought 015 chassis, rear motor mount, Porsche 934 or 935 body, however, I thought it was stock electronics (AM, No FETs, No AD Band) and any motor the stock electronics would take. But last time we ran most ran Speedy 05's BB's or Bushing version. I know I am looking at this post a little late, but does this mean we can run a speedy 07 in this class? I would actually prefer to run a speedy 07 in this class:D. Anyone else?

Later
Philip (aka Cherub1m)

michvin
2008.01.30, 12:46 PM
we are running such class. Limitations are:
- Body that doesn't fit MR02
- Box stock motor
- Box stock electronics (either 3004 or 3010)
This class is a lot of fun and even with the stock motor number of laps in this class is similar to the MR02 class

bermbuster
2008.01.30, 04:59 PM
we are running such class. Limitations are:
- Body that doesn't fit MR02
- Box stock motor
- Box stock electronics (either 3004 or 3010)
This class is a lot of fun and even with the stock motor number of laps in this class is similar to the MR02 class

I ran in that class over the summer...it was a lot of fun.
My problem is i have hopped up my mini z s and I have aluminum motor pods which dont accept stock motors....i keep saying im gonna make a drill fixture for stock motors but i got get some motivation...hehe
Im also running AD band which makes me an outlaw...hehe

I believe i can drive my 015 better than my 02....

michvin
2008.01.30, 05:01 PM
I ran in that class over the summer...it was a lot of fun.
My problem is i have hopped up my mini z s and I have aluminum motor pods which dont accept stock motors....i keep saying im gonna make a drill fixture for stock motors but i got get some motivation...hehe
Im also running AD band which makes me an outlaw...hehe

I believe i can drive my 015 better than my 02....
atomic makes a mount that can accept the stock motor without can modifications. I'm running it with the 300C

SaiTam
2008.01.30, 10:46 PM
Or you can drill two holes which isn't too difficult

Slubben
2008.02.04, 08:21 AM
Beware of the green Valliant Porsche 934 with the Speedy 07!

bermbuster
2008.02.04, 06:20 PM
Beware of the green Valliant Porsche 934 with the Speedy 07!
and the red 934 w the ad board and atomic r4.....:D

Slubben
2008.02.05, 10:16 AM
I lowered by ride height quite a bit last night hopefully should get rid of the car's desire to tip over! Hope we get enough people to run a class this Thursday night.

rc100722
2008.02.10, 03:39 PM
Every Body Beware B/c I Have A Porche Now Carnage Is Back And In Black

ruf993
2008.02.11, 12:35 AM
How about the shop Owner PN hand tuned Speedy 05 killer : ) on matched 900mah... oops!! did I just say that?

Slubben
2008.02.11, 12:03 PM
Now I have two chances to get even with RC!

bermbuster
2008.02.11, 04:16 PM
All I can say is bring it on.....tuned motors....matched packs...carnage...when the smoke clears this Thursday....as long as I make 35 laps im happy....:D

rc100722
2008.02.11, 05:52 PM
check out the ride height on the porsch took a half day to get it this low and the sus. work perfect so watch out while you guys slow so u dont flipover ill drive right by or hit you and they better not put me in the class

Slubben
2008.02.12, 07:45 AM
The Ferrari Enzo "Dozer" model, if it doesn't go through you it will go under you because we all know it will never go around you! :)

rc100722
2008.02.12, 04:32 PM
how do you like the porsch tucking the fronts enzo is slammed to

bermbuster
2008.02.12, 04:37 PM
how do you like the porsch tucking the fronts enzo is slammed to

they are looking low.....im hoping they bottom out so i can get around you....:D
you know Leo has the black body as well....

rc100722
2008.02.12, 04:40 PM
i spend all sunday micing the body making sure it doesnt bottom out

rc100722
2008.02.12, 04:45 PM
hey we need to have a big nj not ny mini z race i know of two hobbyshops in nj that could set something big out tried of reading out all these out of state races

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.12, 07:24 PM
Hello Friends,

As we all should know this Thursday is Valentines day.

We wanted to know from you how many of you would prefer racing this Wednesday instead of Thursday night. I know many wives want to kill many husbands for spending time with their hobby, so we will avoid all of you getting killed and move it to tomorrow night Wednesday if there is a big request.

Please email us at minizracingclub@gmail.com

Thanks

Slubben
2008.02.13, 05:57 AM
Can you post something here if you guys decide to race tonight?

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.13, 07:32 AM
I will post by 1 pm today if the majority will prefer tonight.

Thanks!

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.13, 12:29 PM
Hello Friends,

With no one requesting to change the race night to wednesday this week it will remain on Thursday. Just bring home some flowers to the woman and be sure you do not make them hate the hobby any more than they probably already do.

See you all there.

P.S. We also changed the track layout for the one who "cried" about the lay out last week. :)

We hate to see grown men cry at MHS.

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.13, 12:30 PM
Hello Friends,

Racing for this Saturday night is CANCELED!

Racing will take place in the day time however.

Place let every one know.

Thanks

rc100722
2008.02.18, 08:39 AM
i just finished my awd it has a 3x2 fets with a chilli it is fast now i need to get the sas kit for it and berm shawn thanks again for sat

bermbuster
2008.02.18, 05:29 PM
i just finished my awd it has a 3x2 fets with a chilli it is fast now i need to get the sas kit for it and berm shawn thanks again for sat

what FETs did you use RC?
I can imagine how how fast it is.....:D
I want to thank you as well for Saturday.
These mini z s are soooo addicting....

rc100722
2008.02.18, 07:35 PM
i used the pn fets and i also drilled out some stock motors hey berm i forgot to give u some $$$ for that night next time i see u ill hook u up

bermbuster
2008.02.18, 07:40 PM
i used the pn fets and i also drilled out some stock motors hey berm i forgot to give u some $$$ for that night next time i see u ill hook u up
dont worry about it RC buy some diapers.....
im working on setting up the mini cooper it has a freaking small wb....

bermbuster
2008.02.18, 08:15 PM
Hey Slubben
here is the damper I was telling you about.
http://store.hkshobby.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_75_34_153_182&products_id=1918 Maj might have it in stock......
Look at how it puts the damper under the chassis so you have clearance for your cobra....

Slubben
2008.02.19, 07:11 AM
Thanks Berm! I looked it up when I got home on Saturday. I didn't see it at Majs on Sunday but, I am sure he can get it.

Slubben
2008.02.19, 07:12 AM
You're welcome RC. - Sean

Slubben
2008.02.19, 09:22 AM
Berm the Mini is a 90 mil wheelbase and a high mount. If you need a high mount pod let me know I have one (plastic). The Rx7 body is also 90 mil and a rear mount. I think its going to be like the McLaren and easily punted if bumped from the rear.

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.19, 09:32 AM
Hello Friends,

MHS has been signed up as the sponsor for the 2007-2008 East Coast World Mini Z Championship.

The following link will take you to the registration form.

Pre-Registration is highly recommended.

http://www.rcatomic.com/race/Reg_form_east.jpg

Dates are March 29-30th, 2008.

Flushing Mall in Flushing NY.

We will be holding a Warm Up Pre Atomic Race in the next week or so at MHS.

MHS will pay the $35 entry fee for the top 3 winners at the warm up race and get MHS team shirts to wear at the championship race. (All winners must sign and agree to wear the shirts at the Atomic World Race.)

Dates and details for the warm up will posted by late today.

See you all soon.

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.19, 12:50 PM
Hello Friends,

MHS will be hosting a pre Atomic Worlds Race on Saturday March 1st, 2008. Registration opens at 3pm and closes at 4:30pm. Racing begins at 5pm.

Classes are 2wd Mod and 4wd Mod. 2 qualifies and 3 A mains.
practice starts at 1:30PM race starts at 5PM SHARP.

$15 to race one or more class.

Top 3 winners will get a free entry fee to the March 29-30 Atomic race and Team Shirts.

Winners must sign and agree to wear MHS team Shirts or hat at all times at the March 29-30 race to be able to get the free entry fee.

Please Register for this race in advance. It will make things run smoother that day.

You may register by stopping at the shop or giving us a call.

See you all soon.

rc100722
2008.02.19, 05:11 PM
are the top 3 winners 1 per class or 3 per class and remember i wear a 6x ha ha ha

bermbuster
2008.02.19, 07:31 PM
Classes are 2wd Mod and 4wd Mod. 2 qualifies and 3 A mains.
practice starts at 1:30PM race starts at 5PM SHARP.

Please clarify
2wd
2wd mod
awd
2 qualifers per class...
then 3 a mains which means only the top ??? amount of racers in the a main.
How many racers in the main.
Will Maj and Leo be included or excluded for the top 3 slots?
thanks george

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.19, 08:46 PM
Please clarify
2wd
2wd mod
awd
2 qualifers per class...
then 3 a mains which means only the top ??? amount of racers in the a main.
How many racers in the main.
Will Maj and Leo be included or excluded for the top 3 slots?
thanks george

Hey berm,

I just sent Maj your question but I believe that he and I do not count. As for the classes let Maj answer that to be sure.

See you soon.

rc100722
2008.02.19, 09:10 PM
can we and roland and sai to just kidding but would be nice what do u think guys

rc100722
2008.02.19, 09:43 PM
Introducing Rice And Beans Motorsport
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/rc100722/th_1-1.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/rc100722/th_2.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/rc100722/th_3.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/rc100722/th_4.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/rc100722/th_5.jpg
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/rc100722/th_6.jpg

ruf993
2008.02.19, 10:51 PM
For the Pre Atomic race at MHS speedway the class are:

2wd stock= 2 qualifies and Mains (Top 3 wins free race entry and team Shirt)

2wd Mod= 2 qualifies and Mains (Top 3 wins free race entry and team Shirt)

4wd Mod= 2 qualifies and Mains (Top 3 wins free race entry and team Shirt)

F1 stock= 2 qualifies and Mains (there is only 1 slot winner for this class)

Shop owner and PR persone will be racing but will be excluded for the top 3 slots.

$15 for 2 or less class add $5 for 3 or more.

For more question or info on class rules please call MHS. (www.majhobbyshop.com)

regards
MHS owner,

rc100722
2008.02.19, 11:04 PM
is there going to be a new layoutfor that day to make it fair for people that dont race with us

ruf993
2008.02.19, 11:35 PM
RC the track only has a hand full of track layouts than can be made do to the half banked straight. I think you raced them all. so even we might or might not change it the regulars still have the edge.:);)

EMU
2008.02.20, 12:27 AM
Hey Slubben
here is the damper I was telling you about.
http://store.hkshobby.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_75_34_153_182&products_id=1918 Maj might have it in stock......
Look at how it puts the damper under the chassis so you have clearance for your cobra....

Berm,
That damper will only run 94mm RM setups. The Cobra is 90mm. Unless you use the Atomic 90mm RM motormount, which should allow it to work...

I never had any luck with that damper. The location of the damper is too close to the pivot point (t-plate), and doesnt dampen enough. I had much better results with the 3Racing damper, or a modified 94mm damper setup; making a hole on top of the cobra. For me, performance first, looks second :P

The damper looks nice, but I never had it work well.

bermbuster
2008.02.20, 05:43 AM
Berm,
That damper will only run 94mm RM setups. The Cobra is 90mm. Unless you use the Atomic 90mm RM motormount, which should allow it to work...

I never had any luck with that damper. The location of the damper is too close to the pivot point (t-plate), and doesnt dampen enough. I had much better results with the 3Racing damper, or a modified 94mm damper setup; making a hole on top of the cobra. For me, performance first, looks second :P

The damper looks nice, but I never had it work well.

I thought it might be only for longer wb s.....you need space for the damper....great info emu.... thanks

Slubben
2008.02.20, 08:25 AM
Looks like my Cobra will be a shelf queen.

rc100722
2008.02.20, 09:34 AM
ill get the cobra body to work when u get all the parts call me

Slubben
2008.02.20, 11:27 AM
I just posted something on the 015 forum about it lets see if I get any answers. The Atomic mount does say that with it you can use any RML body tho! Good Luck This Afternoon RC!

rc100722
2008.02.20, 12:04 PM
its a girl she's here

bermbuster
2008.02.20, 06:27 PM
its a girl she's here

congrats....RC

Slubben
2008.02.20, 09:04 PM
Congratulations RC!

EMU
2008.02.20, 10:20 PM
Congrats... whos got the cigars!!!

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.20, 11:59 PM
its a girl she's here

Cool Beans RC! Congrats on the new addition!

Wish the wife and new baby all the best from us!

See you soon.

leo

Cherub1m
2008.02.21, 03:23 PM
Hi RC

Congrat's to you and your wife. Treasure every moment.

Have fun and good luck
Philip

Slubben
2008.02.22, 09:28 AM
Last night was an awesome night of racing at MHS! :)

rc100722
2008.02.22, 10:56 AM
yeah last night was great i spend the night in bergen county in my orange jump suit

bermbuster
2008.02.22, 11:13 AM
yeah last night was great i spend the night in bergen county in my orange jump suit
at the graybar hotel.......

hope all is well RC.....
any specs on your newest team member???

bermbuster
2008.02.22, 11:20 AM
Last night was an awesome night of racing at MHS! :)

It was great...
I cant believe 2 weeks in a row my Porsche had wheel troubles.....:( it had to happen in the mains......

Im liking my Acura but I may go back to the McLaren for the warm up race.....
Somebody has me thinking about an AWD......

k_bojar
2008.02.22, 11:22 AM
Somebody has me thinking about an AWD......

the AWDs are fun, George :)

I love running mine when I get a chance - I'm thinking I might do a FET upgrade to it, however ;)

rc100722
2008.02.22, 11:36 AM
i fetted the sh*t out of mine and put my chilli in it cant wait to run it

k_bojar
2008.02.22, 11:39 AM
i fetted the sh*t out of mine and put my chilli in it cant wait to run it

I'm going for subtle :) I'm thinking maybe a 2x2 or a 3x2 of 3010s

I already have a nice Atomic AWD motors for it...I've seen these things run all FET'ed up and I think a little slower is better :):D

rc100722
2008.02.22, 11:56 AM
Philip runs the atomic awd fetted its nice and fast but everybody knows me if im not the fastest i wouldnt be carnage

Slubben
2008.02.22, 01:03 PM
I know I'm not the one who got you thinking AWD Berm. I'm not that kind of guy!

bermbuster
2008.02.22, 02:19 PM
I'm going for subtle :) I'm thinking maybe a 2x2 or a 3x2 of 3010s

I already have a nice Atomic AWD motors for it...I've seen these things run all FET'ed up and I think a little slower is better :):D
Hey kev
good luck to team belly at the endurance race.......

with the awd what do suggest as needed hop ups....
thanks

bermbuster
2008.02.22, 02:24 PM
I know I'm not the one who got you thinking AWD Berm. I'm not that kind of guy!

Sean
now i decided on an awd what body.....freaking decisions....hehe

k_bojar
2008.02.22, 03:11 PM
Hey kev
good luck to team belly at the endurance race.......

with the awd what do suggest as needed hop ups....
thanks

I ended up getting just about everything for my AWD ;) Including the SAS for the rear-end

Here is what Davey G recommended to me:

The AWD takes a decent amount of work to get them going well. The AWD class on weekly club races is open. The necessities for AWD are aluminum steering and rear hubs 2 degrees, a complete set of lowering springs, metal universals (stock ones are plastic) and of course a good body. Tires just like on thne MR02 is crucial. I ran 18 rears and 25fts on my AWD and it was pretty good. Similar durometer front to back just like a 10th scale TC is the way to go.

Other than that - the plastic Atomic diffs are very good, better than the aluminum ones (since the plastic don't "chip" like the alumumin ones do - this M18 xray diffs with notches)

Kyosho makes different degree hubs, so you wouldn't need to get aluminum ones - but if you got the extra $$, might as well get them :)

a motor is a big "wakeup" for the car :) I just wanna do the FET upgrades since the AWD class is "open" at Al's, so that would help me hang a little better - not that I need a lot, since the "slower" cars hang just as well as the fast ones since they are easier to control ;)

Cherub1m
2008.02.22, 03:36 PM
Hi George

Get the lowest and widdest body you can. If 98mm the Enzo, the Ford GT (with front airdam of course and can make one for you), Lambo Mucielago (if you can find it), some really like the mclaren f1 i never tried it, its a bit narrow for my taste. If 94mm hmm not sure the widdest body you can :)

For upgrades:
First dont go crazy and buy all metal parts, to much weight.

1) Beside bearings
2) Wheel set pack it has all the off set you will ever need
3) Alum front and rear knukles (front 1.5 to 2 degrees rear 0 to 1degrees) plastic ones are better (lighter) but they break easily
4) Alum outdrives for the stock gear diffs if a must if you dont go with ball diff.
5) May want to consider a oneway bearing for the front they give alot more steering on and off power.
6) Start with the stock springs in back and play around with front springs tension preferrably harder then the rear. I have PN whites right now and Iam still playing around with it.
7) get lay down adapter for crystal to fit low bodys
8) get shims limit suspension travel specialy for the front to keep the rear wheels from getting to high of the ground during cornering also shims for the gear diffs to keep a nice mesh with the spure gear (spur and gear diff have a tendency to slip if you have the 98mm extension)
9) Tires front PN 20's, kyosho 30's (a little to much bite), Atomic 40's (tried them on my carpet seem good dont know for RCP yet it looks promising) for the Rear PN 8 or 10's, kyosho 20 (a little to much bite) Atomic 30's (tried them on my carpet seem good dont know for RCP yet it looks promising)
10) One degree toe in for rear
11) Alum Universal's

Note: Some preferre to have more camber in the rear then in the front, that set up did not work for me because the car keeps losing its back in on fast turns. Maybe with that set up the oneway is not needed. Well that one is up in the air for me still.

Good Luck George
and thanks again for the batteries
Philip

rc100722
2008.02.22, 03:55 PM
hey berm u can do it my way fet it and chilli but thats way not the safe way but u know have to keep up my name

rc100722
2008.02.22, 04:01 PM
i guess we need an awd class at majs

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/rc100722/th_5.jpg

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/rc100722/th_6.jpg

Slubben
2008.02.22, 04:16 PM
Maybe the next spec class can be AWD?

rc100722
2008.02.22, 04:20 PM
no spec i like my chilli

Slubben
2008.02.22, 04:29 PM
I mean spec like how Maj ran Nascar, now Porsches maybe next AWD Not having to run specific motors and all that. All out mod but stick it in the spec rotation or we wont be getting out of Maj's till sun up.

rc100722
2008.02.22, 04:53 PM
theres nothing wrong with 3 classes a night might be fun

bermbuster
2008.02.22, 05:09 PM
if we run 3 classes a night we might need 2 qualifiers and the main....
last night i was trying some steering mods and I ran downstairs on the carpet while another race was going on on the RCP and my 02 was freaking burning the rug.....hehe

bermbuster
2008.02.23, 09:49 AM
Hi George

Get the lowest and widdest body you can. If 98mm the Enzo, the Ford GT (with front airdam of course and can make one for you), Lambo Mucielago (if you can find it), some really like the mclaren f1 i never tried it, its a bit narrow for my taste. If 94mm hmm not sure the widdest body you can :)
For upgrades:
First dont go crazy and buy all metal parts, to much weight.
Good Luck George
Philip

Great info Philip...Thanks
I got my list together.....;)
what about a heatsink for the motor???
Do you have a preference for hop ups by manufacturer???
Atomic 3r etc....
I use 3r parts in my 1/18 scales and I like them.
Thanks again
George

bermbuster
2008.02.23, 09:56 AM
attention AWD fanatics....
one more question...
are the front and rear hubs on the awd interchangable like in the m18???
thanks...
berm

Cherub1m
2008.02.23, 02:01 PM
Hi George

Wow, I didn't include heat sink on the list, my bad. Heat sink is a must have.

Yes the hubs are interchangable. I have 3 racing hubs, front and rear upper diff cover and universals on my AWD (i like them), but for the heat sink i have the PN racing (pro alum motor heat sink) one its nice it has a small scoop that funnles air in to cool the motor. I never tried the 3 racing heat sink (they have some nice parts).

And yes i think Maj can run 3 classes and finish by 11:30pm at the latest. If they start right at 7:30pm latest 8:00pm, do 2 or 3 heats of mr02, 2 of mr015, 2 of AWD. With 3 to 5 min max between heats and rounds, 10-15min break/practice before mains. It can be done ladies and gents :)

Good Luck
Philip

bermbuster
2008.02.23, 02:36 PM
watch out racers....hehe
Maj hooked me up and I got my AWD.....
I already changed my body plans.....I put the Nissan nismo 350 on it and the AWD looks sweet....
Dont hold me to this but Im gonna try to keep it stock....:D

danny250r
2008.02.23, 02:51 PM
watch out racers....hehe
Maj hooked me up and I got my AWD.....
I already changed my body plans.....I put the Nissan nismo 350 on it and the AWD looks sweet....
Dont hold me to this but Im gonna try to keep it stock....:D

nice one berm awd is my next one also. (never ends lol):rolleyes:

rc100722
2008.02.23, 05:38 PM
Shawn Had His Awd Collecting Dust I Brought It And Ran It That Same Night Its Like They Say If U See Somebody Funny With Something U Want To Do It To Thats How 1 Car Becomes 10 Or 20 Cars Got To Love This Hobby

Slubben
2008.02.23, 07:14 PM
Just got my new "used" awd. Maj's is fetting it! Also got the extension kit Enzo here we come!!!!

Cherub1m
2008.02.23, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the AWD zone :)

Nice Nismo George. You keeping it stock? I hope you put at least an speedy AWD or speedy 07 bb on it.

Enzo good choice Shawn.

Your AWD is looking good RC.

Looking foward to some AWD action.

Later
Philip

bermbuster
2008.02.23, 09:08 PM
Shawn Had His Awd Collecting Dust I Brought It And Ran It That Same Night Its Like They Say If U See Somebody Funny With Something U Want To Do It To Thats How 1 Car Becomes 10 Or 20 Cars Got To Love This Hobby

I was kinda on the fence about the AWD RC that day you got yours you started tinkering with it right away and you raced it....no problems you were having a great time with it....Then on Thursday I see Sean strike a deal for another so Im figuring I gotta be missing out on something.....
I get mine today and Maj has this sick AWD he is building.....got to love this Hobby....:D Im looking forward to rubbing some paint and burning some rubber with you guys......:)

rc100722
2008.02.23, 09:28 PM
just remember the stock rear diff does not fit the sas if you get it i found out the hard way now i need a ball diff

rc100722
2008.02.23, 09:30 PM
i also dont belive it cost that much to build an awd

Slubben
2008.02.23, 09:49 PM
Well it doesnt cost that much more to build a fast AWD but, they will never be as fast as a 2wd. Yeah Phillipe the other night I asked Willy what body to run on AWD and he said either the Enzo or the Vette. I am sick of Vettes, although they handle awesome, so I wanted something else. Im looking forward to the warm up race. I got my 02 hooked now.

bermbuster
2008.02.23, 10:33 PM
i also dont belive it cost that much to build an awd

as long as the drivetrain holds up.....

RC what classes you gonna run at the warm up race?

Sean his 02 is hooked up... he ran 39 laps on Thursday night....

Is it Thursday yet???:D

Slubben
2008.02.23, 10:47 PM
I ran 38 today but, I was driving with Leo and Edel. So it was clean.

rc100722
2008.02.23, 10:57 PM
dam 38 39 thats nice for now i only have my 02 and i have to put a mortor back in it bc i put the chilli in the awd so i need a chilli or stock r and my awd needs a ball diff i wish i had a stock 02 bc i really want to run 3 class in the queens race

bermbuster
2008.02.24, 07:31 AM
RC can you sneak out today for some practice...
I will be at Majs running my 1/12 and my new awd....:D

Slubben
2008.02.24, 08:18 AM
Berm what time are you getting to Maj's?

rc100722
2008.02.24, 09:09 AM
i wish the baby comes home today plus i need a ball diff and two rear axles for the sas setup

rc100722
2008.02.24, 09:09 AM
hopefully i make it for the warm ups

bermbuster
2008.02.24, 06:05 PM
I tuned my F1 today and as usual Maj hooked me up again. Tires and suspension are perfect....watch out the bermbuster is in the house w an F1...

Slubben
2008.02.24, 06:55 PM
Give me some hints berm. I got the red and yellow tires and the graphite side plate things.

bermbuster
2008.02.24, 09:15 PM
Give me some hints berm. I got the red and yellow tires and the graphite side plate things.

I did all that and removed the front kingpins and polished them. That has it pretty hooked up. I may get the PN motormount down the road....

I put tires on my AWD and Im trying to stay loyal to my "stock" decision but you know how long that will last.....
Im working in Green Pond this week (I think unless a customer breaks down)
I will work on the motor jig and something else (top secret) I will try to stop after work during the week for some practice.....

Slubben
2008.02.25, 05:47 AM
Let me know what day you plan on going.

bermbuster
2008.02.25, 04:27 PM
Let me know what day you plan on going.
tomorrow...tuesday....

rc100722
2008.02.25, 06:24 PM
f1 now dam 4 classes one night sounds good to me

bermbuster
2008.02.25, 07:25 PM
f1 now dam 4 classes one night sounds good to me

Rice and Beans Motorsports needs an F1 in its stable of fine machines....
You know Im no speed demon but I can drive an F1 pretty fast in the infield....which amazed me being a long wheelbase i thought it would be harder than it is....

rc100722
2008.02.25, 08:43 PM
I Know Shawn Has One Too He Was Tring To Sell IT TO Me I Bet U Hes Keeping It Now

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.25, 11:46 PM
Hello Friends,
I need to get a head count for the warm up race this saturday. Please post and let me know if you plan to go or email us at minizracingclub@gmail.com

thanks,

P.S. If the parking lot is packed you can park in the lot at the Wachovia bank. If it is after they close.

Slubben
2008.02.26, 05:37 AM
Ill be there tonight too. Might have to break out the F1

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.27, 12:38 PM
Hello Friends,

There has been talk about Saturday not working for many people for the warm up race. We considered changing it to Sunday at the same time. Is every one ok with this? Please let me know if it is not and we will leave it as scheduled.

THanks

Cherub1m
2008.02.27, 09:51 PM
Saturday all the way :)

ruf993
2008.02.28, 12:07 AM
Starting this Thurs MHS speedway for the Z's will be running AWD with no limits. So run what you have... (best to be on the fast side):D

Most I can do on a Thursday night racing is 3 classes... I would do more but you guys will be racing till 2am.:(

SO if we get 3 classes it's going to be 2 qualify and the mains, racing starts 7:30pm sharp and last sign-ups 7:15pm. If you are running late call the shop to let us know so we can put you in.;)

MHS owner:)
www.majhobbyshop.com

bermbuster
2008.02.28, 06:26 AM
Starting this Thurs MHS speedway for the Z's will be running AWD with no limits. So run what you have... (best to be on the fast side):D

Most I can do on a Thursday night racing is 3 classes... I would do more but you guys will be racing till 2am.:(

SO if we get 3 classes it's going to be 2 qualify and the mains, racing starts 7:30pm sharp and last sign-ups 7:15pm. If you are running late call the shop to let us know so we can put you in.;)

MHS owner:)
www.majhobbyshop.com
Sweet.....2 qualifiers and the main is a great idea....
you allow so much practice between heats the 3rd qualifier doesnt mean much....
Nice new logo (avatar)

My awd is ready....very stock but very drivable for me.....
it will make its debut tonight....

Slubben
2008.02.28, 07:26 AM
What's wrong with racing until 2 am? Real racers don't need sleep They just need to compete!

HobbyShopOwner
2008.02.28, 12:05 PM
Friends,

Warm up race is staying on saturday as scheduled.

See you all there.

rc100722
2008.02.28, 04:34 PM
what classes 02 ,015and awd

Cherub1m
2008.02.29, 08:24 AM
Hi RC

If I am not mistaken the plan is to run what they are running at the upcoming Atomic race (F1 stock, 2wd mod, 4wd mod, 2wd stock). So Maj will probably run 2wd mod, AWD mod for sure if enough come for F1 stock and 2wd stock I am sure he will run it. I dont know if he will run 015 porshe class that day. Yesterday we ran 3 classes (2wd mod, AWD mod and 015 porshes) and we finished at 12am not 2am (thank God). All the classes were awsome and staff and other experience/sponsored racers were very open to sharing ideas on how to improve the performace of your car.

Well, as for me I am bringing my 2wd mod, 2wd stock, AWD mod and F1 stock Ill be ready :)

Slubben
2008.02.29, 08:50 AM
I may just bring my F1 and see how it makes it around the track.

bermbuster
2008.02.29, 09:03 AM
Hi RC

If I am not mistaken the plan is to run what they are running at the upcoming Atomic race (F1 stock, 2wd mod, 4wd mod, 2wd stock). So Maj will probably run 2wd mod, AWD mod for sure if enough come for F1 stock and 2wd stock I am sure he will run it. I dont know if he will run 015 porshe class that day. Yesterday we ran 3 classes (2wd mod, AWD mod and 015 porshes) and we finished at 12am not 2am (thank God). All the classes were awsome and staff and other experience/sponsored racers were very open to sharing ideas on how to improve the performace of your car.

Well, as for me I am bringing my 2wd mod, 2wd stock, AWD mod and F1 stock Ill be ready :)

I second that.......
we had some awesome racing last night.....
what I am enjoying the most about racing we all are getting better and better each week and everybody gives up the tricks and tips....
I truly believe the only way you get better is with competition and it shows....

Slubben
2008.02.29, 09:32 AM
Yeah that first heat when Me, Jerry & Mark all finished with 37 was pretty cool.

Cherub1m
2008.02.29, 12:07 PM
Cool I'll bring my F1 that will make at least 3 and we will be able to run the F1 class :)

Also, I'll probably run by Maj's today around 2pm (eastern time) to do some test and tune, see you there if you guys can make it.

Slubben
2008.02.29, 12:18 PM
Ill be there a little bit after 4 Greenwich Mean Time. If you can hang out til then.

bermbuster
2008.03.01, 06:01 AM
you guys ready for today? glad the snow we got changed to rain and there is nothing on the ground....
the classes are stock 2wd....01, 015, or 02
mod 2wd...
mod awd...
and stock F1

Practice starts when Maj opens and the racing starts at 5pm....

Im thinking about running all 4 classes...am I insane???

bermbuster
2008.03.01, 10:32 PM
awesome pre atomic race.....
I want to thank Maj and the racers...it was some really good racing.
Tonight I had my personal bests which made me very happy.
Congrats to all the winners
Im looking forward to the end of March...

Slubben
2008.03.01, 11:10 PM
Yes Berm I second that. Tonight's race just goes to show you what a class act Maj and all at Maj's Hobby Shop really are! Very close and clean racing in every heat and a very attentive staff who is willing to take the time to get newbies and not so newbies to run well. Kudos all around to everyone involved in tonights racing and I am looking forward to running my AWD with you guys in Flushing in March. P.S. Congrats on your personal bests patience and persistance really do pay off in the end.

rc100722
2008.03.02, 05:27 PM
that was a great last min win be shawn in the awd class when my car just broke out of nowhere i guess it was just his time

bermbuster
2008.03.02, 05:58 PM
that was a great last min win be shawn in the awd class when my car just broke out of nowhere i guess it was just his time
your AWD is sick fast.....the SAS is sweet....Now you are getting it dialed it should be a force to be reckoned with at the Atomic Race.....

27 days to go.....

rc100722
2008.03.02, 06:06 PM
im going to take out the chilli and put in the stock r chilli is way to fast

bermbuster
2008.03.02, 06:17 PM
I got the stock r in mine....i dont even have the precision bearings in mine....i have bushings....Im hoping to get a bigger 350z body so I can widen the chassis....then I will add my secret and no so secret parts....:D

rc100722
2008.03.02, 07:15 PM
i dont know but for majs track you should get the sas for the bank

Slubben
2008.03.03, 07:30 AM
You're better off putting your car back to stock and waiting for the Atomic race it's a flat track so what's the point of getting it hooked up for the bank.

bermbuster
2008.03.03, 10:08 AM
vintage photo.....
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album489/hks_track_pics_002

Slubben
2008.03.03, 10:20 AM
What track is this?

EMU
2008.03.03, 10:45 AM
Vintage photos:
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/EMU/DSC01213
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/EMU/DSC01220

Fun videos:
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album429/mini_z_j1.avi
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album429/mini_z_j2.avi

This was HKS Hobbies, which was located on Canal St. in Manhattan. Now it is in CA.

Slubben
2008.03.03, 11:11 AM
Cool beans thanks!

bermbuster
2008.03.03, 11:40 AM
Vintage photos:
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/EMU/DSC01213
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/EMU/DSC01220

Fun videos:
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album429/mini_z_j1.avi
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album429/mini_z_j2.avi

This was HKS Hobbies, which was located on Canal St. in Manhattan. Now it is in CA.

Hey Eugene,
When are you gonna make it back out to Majs?

rc100722
2008.03.03, 04:06 PM
do u see roland in the back with the hair check it out hes in berms pic

EMU
2008.03.03, 04:29 PM
do u see roland in the back with the hair check it out hes in berms pic
He is also in the back of the second video I posted. Those videos were taken after racing was finished. We were running the MR02s right after the Overland race :P

You can also see Maj on the left, and Alan Mok (Mr. HKS Hobby himself) on the right with the camera. I am pretty sure that the Corvette in the picture was Maj's car.

Berm, Its difficult for me, since I usually work on Thursday nights, and race at Action on Saturdays. I will try to make it out sometime soon, although it will probably be after the Atomic race.

rc100722
2008.03.03, 04:57 PM
its like new kids on the block hair can u see roland playing new kids on the block in his car and singing to it the way he talks

bermbuster
2008.03.03, 05:37 PM
Berm, Its difficult for me, since I usually work on Thursday nights, and race at Action on Saturdays. I will try to make it out sometime soon, although it will probably be after the Atomic race.

I understand....Just keep beating Drew on Saturdays...:D

EMU
2008.03.03, 06:18 PM
He came close to beating me in the 015 race. But I overtook him on the last lap for 2nd place. Roland was 2 laps ahead. It was a tough race. He has his car up to speed. So I really have to watch out for him, and make sure he doesnt sneek a win in. We cant have that!!!

bermbuster
2008.03.03, 07:55 PM
what classes is everybody gonna run at the Atomic race?
Im thinking about pulling an ironman....
for me the only way to get better is to race with the best and we know this race is gonna bring out the A game in all the racers....
The thought of a chili in my mini z....watch out....:D

rc100722
2008.03.03, 08:28 PM
thats the way berm chilli i bet every not making fun of me now for putting that chilli mortor in when i did

Slubben
2008.03.03, 09:17 PM
Im going to run maybe one or two classes. I can't handle running all four and i would rather run good in one than bad in four.

bermbuster
2008.03.04, 07:49 AM
Im going to run maybe one or two classes. I can't handle running all four and i would rather run good in one than bad in four.
i hear you....
Im thinking awd and 2wd stock and maybe modified.
I like the F1 but i dont have much wheel time with it.

Slubben
2008.03.04, 10:22 AM
I ran so horrible at the warm up race I was really ticked off at myself so I have decided to keep things simple. 2 wheel stock may not be a bad idea because I dont think a lot of people will be running it because of the tire rule but, hey if everyone has to run the same tire whats the big deal right? I have to play with the pot on my F1 it just doesnt go straight at all unless something else is tweaked Sai and Phillippe's F1s looked so cool going around the track though.

bermbuster
2008.03.04, 04:30 PM
I ran so horrible at the warm up race I was really ticked off at myself so I have decided to keep things simple. 2 wheel stock may not be a bad idea because I dont think a lot of people will be running it because of the tire rule but, hey if everyone has to run the same tire whats the big deal right? I have to play with the pot on my F1 it just doesnt go straight at all unless something else is tweaked Sai and Phillippe's F1s looked so cool going around the track though.

I believe I can use better rear tires on my F1.

Wow I got to see the Enzo live and man is that body slammed low....
RC its lower than yours......and the color...GO Gold Fish Racing......

rc100722
2008.03.04, 05:51 PM
it looks like it

Tjay
2008.03.04, 06:16 PM
For the 2wd stock class are you guys running the hand out tires? If so, you're better off running a 94mm set-up. You'll need all the traction you can get on these rear tires. The front atm has a lot of traction. I was sponsored to race the shops car but if I were to set-up my own car for this race here's what I would do;

PN yellow springs w/ (1 each side) atm yellow shims for the front
ATM soft SSG H-plate
soft lower springs and top springs for the DPS
Stock TOE
3 degree camber for less steering (I know, it don't make sense but just try it)
+1 offset on the rear
0 should be fine

Make sure your car weighs 180 grams. I had to place a nickel on the PCB cover to add some weight...

Put a spoiler in the back or run a car with spoiler not because of the down force but because of the weight from the screw and spoiler. This will add some weight in the back and should help coming out of the corner.

The hand out motors comes with wires. If I'm not mistaken, you can remove them and install a better one like PN wires. Just make sure there's no binding on the suspension.

Run 94mm Mid mount.

The main idea is to have this car to "push" understeer. Due to this tire combination it is hard to have this car to hook on the turns. Most of us before the race that tried these tires spins out on every turn.

Although I did not use one, but if you can, warm up those rear tires before each race!

Slubben
2008.03.04, 07:00 PM
And lets not forget the Lexan windows!! George those 24GHZ are sweet!!

bermbuster
2008.03.04, 07:07 PM
For the 2wd stock class are you guys running the hand out tires? If so, you're better off running a 94mm set-up.
Make sure your car weighs 180 grams. !

Hey Tjay thanks for the awesome advise....:D
The race is going to be very challenging and having a good set up will be crucial....

bermbuster
2008.03.04, 07:42 PM
And lets not forget the Lexan windows!! George those 24GHZ are sweet!!

I didnt want to give up all of the Team Gold Fish secrets....
Im running the 2.4 in the living room....Kyosho just brought our hobby to a new level......as much as i was complaining about the tx....im digging it:D

rc100722
2008.03.04, 07:49 PM
you guys got the new cars

bermbuster
2008.03.04, 08:02 PM
you guys got the new cars

it was a late....very late christmas present....it was rough not spending the money...and now im very happy I waited and got the 2.4....

rc100722
2008.03.04, 08:27 PM
you know u should put a motor in it

bermbuster
2008.03.04, 08:57 PM
you know u should put a motor in it

maybe a chili....but the porsche 962 body is fragile.....
Im got some plans for it....i hope it to be sporting a Gulf Mclaren soon.....
I bought that body a long time ago and said I cant use it until I start turning serious laps...well that day has come....

Slubben
2008.03.05, 05:49 AM
I didnt get one yet but, I was tempted.

Slubben
2008.03.05, 10:43 AM
Those Gulf McLarens are beautiful! You're gonna hack it up for the longer wheel base huh?

bermbuster
2008.03.05, 11:22 AM
Those Gulf McLarens are beautiful! You're gonna hack it up for the longer wheel base huh?

the 962 has a 102mm wb and the Mclaren is 98mm so the hacking maybe minimal....

EMU
2008.03.05, 11:30 AM
Dont do it!!! The LM motormount/differential is about 5mm wider than the standard MR02. The rear wheels on the LM are .5mm offset. I am running 3mm offset with a standard motormount and differential and it seems even. You will not be able to tuck in the wheels to the body, even using negative offsets.

An Enzo or Murcielago would make more sence. Even if you use a standard motormount at 102mm with the McLaren, there is barely any room with the short rear overhang, which means the rear wheels will have very little protection.

Slubben
2008.03.05, 11:34 AM
I hope they come out with different bodies for them soon. I really don't like running the GTP bodies. I like the look of the sports car style racing when all the different bodies are out there on the track.

Tjay
2008.03.05, 12:03 PM
the 962 has a 102mm wb and the Mclaren is 98mm so the hacking maybe minimal....

Why do all the hacking? Just run the regular MR02 rear set-up and you should be fine with that McL F1.

Slubben
2008.03.05, 12:37 PM
Or just wait and get the conversion when they become available.

bermbuster
2008.03.05, 12:46 PM
Why do all the hacking? Just run the regular MR02 rear set-up and you should be fine with that McL F1.

with the atomic race coming up my project Mclaren will be put on a back burner and I will just enjoy some Lemans style racing. I will gussett up the body so it isnt as fragile...

Slubben
2008.03.05, 12:47 PM
Ive decided to wait until the Mazda versions come out :)

bermbuster
2008.03.05, 12:48 PM
Dont do it!!! The LM motormount/differential is about 5mm wider than the standard MR02. The rear wheels on the LM are .5mm offset. I am running 3mm offset with a standard motormount and differential and it seems even. You will not be able to tuck in the wheels to the body, even using negative offsets.

An Enzo or Murcielago would make more sence. Even if you use a standard motormount at 102mm with the McLaren, there is barely any room with the short rear overhang, which means the rear wheels will have very little protection.

Thanks Eugene. I value your input and I had concerns about track width myself. It will stay a Lemans style till after the Atomic race.....

bermbuster
2008.03.05, 12:49 PM
Ive decided to wait until the Mazda versions come out :) they will be my 2nd and 3rd 2.4s....:D

Slubben
2008.03.05, 01:56 PM
Always gotta have the newest toys on the block huh?

bermbuster
2008.03.05, 02:08 PM
Always gotta have the newest toys on the block huh?
I learned from the best Sean.....
the KT18 transmitter has a train (slow) run feature so you can drive it slow to practice before you get full speed....:D Im really enjoying my new toy....

rc100722
2008.03.05, 06:32 PM
cant u just put a pn 98mm motor mount on it just like an 02 and run the gulf body

bermbuster
2008.03.05, 07:04 PM
cant u just put a pn 98mm motor mount on it just like an 02 and run the gulf body
you sure can....but this car has a super low mm which makes the car handle....Im trying to keep it stock....
Im really liking the Lemans body.....I just reinforced the nose and added some gussets so Im hoping the body will last. Right now Im fabricating a Philipe nose guard....
I cant wait for the Mazda bodies/cars (due the end of April)
The new KT 18 TX is actually pretty functional. It has some good features.
A few days ago I thought I would regret getting the TX now Im digging it...
Go Figure...:D

rc100722
2008.03.05, 07:21 PM
the nascar pn mount is 102 mm can u ue it

rc100722
2008.03.05, 07:36 PM
ill get one when they make it work on my 3pk

xxam
2008.03.05, 08:28 PM
I just read that the modification done to the AD module, that works on the 3PK ( I have it), is expected to work on the new 2.4 as well.

http://www.reflexracing.net/module.asp

Christian Tabush wrote the tutorial, and mentions the mod and the new 2.4. So all we need is to get the KO 2.4 module when it comes out in a month or 2 :D:D

Keep fingers crossed!

ill get one when they make it work on my 3pk

rc100722
2008.03.05, 08:58 PM
xxam is this ron if it is thanks ron its rc u sold me your m18 pro

HobbyShopOwner
2008.03.05, 09:52 PM
Hey Guys,

I am going to be posting a video of MHS here. Check back soon.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PG1IgqPew7Q

Tjay
2008.03.06, 03:47 AM
Nice track!

Slubben
2008.03.06, 07:21 AM
Great video!

bermbuster
2008.03.06, 04:12 PM
i wonder if i can run my stock porsche 962 in the stock spec porsche class tonight....:D

rc100722
2008.03.06, 04:41 PM
i dont see y not

Slubben
2008.03.07, 07:39 AM
Another stellar evening of Thursday night racing at Maj's Hobby Shop! :D

bermbuster
2008.03.07, 01:57 PM
Another stellar evening of Thursday night racing at Maj's Hobby Shop! :D

I had a great night as well......my 2.4 ran real nice........:D

Slubben
2008.03.07, 06:31 PM
Beware next Thursday, the Goldfish Racing 2.4GHZ Vette will be unleashed on the unwitting racers at MHS! :)

bermbuster
2008.03.07, 07:48 PM
Beware next Thursday, the Goldfish Racing 2.4GHZ Vette will be unleashed on the unwitting racers at MHS! :)

sweet my GF Racing AWD Calsonic will make its debut.....the RCP will be smoking hot next Thursday.....:D

Slubben
2008.03.07, 10:33 PM
Its like driving a totally different car now. I couldnt believe how much I had to fight the other car compared to this one. Ill be at Majs tomorrow hopefully around 1 or 1:30. I have to go to work in the morning for a lil while but, I cant wait to run it with some charged cells. LOL I went there to pick up my stuff that I left and ended up with a car. Maj should start selling real cars he would make a killing!!

ruf993
2008.03.07, 11:46 PM
Hey slubben,

If you thought your 2.4 vett was fast today... if you stop by tomorrow I'll show how to take it off Training mode.

I thought that flashing blue light was that your TX batt is low.

In training mode I think you was going only half power.

also your question on how you can tell if the TX batt is low... the light turns
yellow.

later...

Slubben
2008.03.08, 08:13 AM
Cool I was positive those cells I was were charged!

bermbuster
2008.03.08, 09:46 AM
Its like driving a totally different car now. I couldnt believe how much I had to fight the other car compared to this one. Ill be at Majs tomorrow hopefully around 1 or 1:30. I have to go to work in the morning for a lil while but, I cant wait to run it with some charged cells. LOL I went there to pick up my stuff that I left and ended up with a car. Maj should start selling real cars he would make a killing!!

I changed mine over to the Gulf Mclaren and I will be at the shop this afternoon....I knew 2.4 would be good....

Slubben
2008.03.08, 10:05 AM
Did you change the pod or did you hack the body?

bermbuster
2008.03.08, 10:20 AM
Did you change the pod or did you hack the body?

I changed the pod....
I ran it stock and got a feel for it...it does run awesome....now the body, wheels and parts are put away for a future class...hehe

Slubben
2008.03.08, 10:45 AM
I didnt even run mine stock. I may be brave and get one of those FXX Enzos today and try it.

bermbuster
2008.03.08, 04:11 PM
Saturday afternoon at Majs was insanely faster than usual....
5 new 2.4s 3 Vettes a Ferrari and my McLaren....
I couldnt stay for the racing but I can bet a new track TQ was set this afternoon.......I believe the 2.4s will now be a win-win situation for everybody.....The more 2.4 the less am and the am guys will have even less glitching.....

rc100722
2008.03.08, 06:22 PM
http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/images/KOP15502-250.jpgcheck this out its the module for the 2.4 http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=15502/166.0.1053.56.0.0.0

bermbuster
2008.03.08, 08:41 PM
http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/images/KOP15502-250.jpgcheck this out its the module for the 2.4 http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=15502/166.0.1053.56.0.0.0

there taking preorders

Maj has them ordered as well....Im sure he will give you a pre order ...
they will be here soon.....:D

rc100722
2008.03.08, 09:36 PM
once it works on my 3pk ill get one

Slubben
2008.03.08, 09:40 PM
The 2.4 GHZ cars are amazing. I believe Maj set a new track fast lap with his. By the main all the guys pretty much had there controllers down pat. I can not express how nice it was to not glitch

ruf993
2008.03.08, 11:36 PM
Here are your Pre Atomic race winners at MHS speedway....

Once again thanks to all the guys that made this a fun exciting race at MHS.

Slubben
2008.03.09, 01:12 PM
Very Cool!!

bermbuster
2008.03.09, 03:13 PM
Very Cool!!

I second that....

Look at the Ironman Philipe....he placed in all 4 classes...

Slubben
2008.03.09, 03:37 PM
Yeah I know right!! I cant wait to run my car again. Thursday can't come soon enough.

bermbuster
2008.03.09, 04:47 PM
Yeah I know right!! I cant wait to run my car again. Thursday can't come soon enough.

I know...mini z withdrawel is painful......
I got the mini cooper together and it is small.......the dog almost crushed it...:D
Now I got to work on the AWD....

rc100722
2008.03.09, 05:41 PM
by next week you guys look like this guy
http://images.ibsys.com/2002/0925/1686365.jpg

Slubben
2008.03.09, 07:06 PM
I kinda look like that already RC. Yeah Berm you gotta watch out for those Puggles.

Cherub1m
2008.03.09, 08:55 PM
Hello

You guys raced on Sat. the 8th? :cool: You guys must have finished in record time. I came by around 9pm and the shop was closed. Oh well, next time.

5 new 2.4 Ghz vets :eek: nice. It will be interesting to see what mods people use.

Slubben
2008.03.10, 05:46 AM
Phillipe racing starts at 3 on Saturdays.

bermbuster
2008.03.10, 07:06 AM
Hello

You guys raced on Sat. the 8th? :cool: You guys must have finished in record time. I came by around 9pm and the shop was closed. Oh well, next time.

5 new 2.4 Ghz vets :eek: nice. It will be interesting to see what mods people use.

Philipe check your pm box....

Cherub1m
2008.03.10, 10:12 AM
I thought we had two sessions one at 3pm and the other at around 5 or 6 pm. Well, probably one session is better and 3pm is a nice time.

Hey George check your pm box...

Slubben
2008.03.10, 10:17 AM
I guess if enough people showed up for the later racing session while the first racing session was still going on there would be a later session but, no one does. Im nuts I would race both sessions if enough people showed up.

Cherub1m
2008.03.10, 10:32 AM
I guess if enough people showed up for the later racing session while the first racing session was still going on there would be a later session but, no one does. Im nuts I would race both sessions if enough people showed up.

:eek:
George I think we have a new "Ironman" Sean Ironman Slubben :D

Slubben
2008.03.10, 10:48 AM
Yeah the only problem is that the iron is between my ears!

Slubben
2008.03.10, 11:13 AM
Have you guys read the new post from ActionRC? They are going to allow the 2.4 GHZ cars in stock class.

rc100722
2008.03.10, 05:12 PM
the only thing that i dont like is that i cant run fast motors while everybody is running a millon fets there fets add up to my motors and that 015 class is so not legal

Slubben
2008.03.10, 05:19 PM
you can run a chili on the 2.4GHZ as far as the 015 class who knows what could happen with proper time to test and go through motors.

EMU
2008.03.10, 06:04 PM
RC, nobody runs aftermarket or stacked fets in the stock class. In AWD it is open, and you can use whatever fets or motor you want. After much discussion, we have finally reached a point where we can run the 2.4 cars in stock 2wd. None of the top drivers want to run them for any additional speed. We have more than enough speed with the motors and batteries that we are using. What we wanted more was smoother driving with less glitching. The faster that you make the car, the more difficult it will be to drive. I would love to open up the class as well, although I still wouldnt change the setup. I think it would actually slow down the class, and break a lot more cars if it were open. We used to run 2wd modified, and the results were almost allways less than stock. Which is why Al was trying to keep the 2.4 out of the stock class, thinking that the kids would buy them to get faster, but actually drive slower and cause many more accidents.

I have been running old Speedy 05's with stock 3010 fets on my MR02. I can increase the speed a little more going to the Speedy 07BB, but I feel that my speed is fine, although a little on the slow side. Im not the fastest car on the straight, but I had the best lap of the night on Saturday (7.45sec) with my 'slower' car.

What do you mean the 015 class is not legal? We are required to use stock electronics, with Kyosho box motors. I have won every race except one 015 race this points series (Roland defeated me last week when I decided to change the body and have some fun). The last race I attacked, and won 6 laps up on the field, and finished less than one lap behind my MR02 stock class 2nd place finish. I tied my fastest lap of the night with my 015 at 7.45sec. Philipe stopped by right before the race, and stayed to assist marshall. Afterwards he drove the car... and was VERY impressed. The car scrubs very little speed in the corners, and is very easy to drive, which is why it stays in the front.

Action RCs track is all about corner speed. If you come out of the corner fast, then you can gear it up a little and fly down the straights. There isnt as much rear traction as other tracks, so you cant get a lot of power down, so carrying the most speed out of the corner is key.

My 015 is very fast, passes many cars from the 02 class down the straights. But if the car is inspected it will pass. I am running a 9/41 gear setup, with Atomic TS wheels in the rear to give me a little more top end (while lowering the chassis by raising the rear axle on the Atomic motormount). It is geared quite high, but has very little low end acceleration, however, the stock motors have good top end. If the track were more technical, with less high speed demand, it wouldnt fare as well.

As far as motors, I dont really hand pick my 015 class motors. I just run them... I have yet to come across a motor that is truly slow. It may take a little while to find the right gearing for the cars... I am running what is almost equivalent to a 10t pinion on the stock spur. This weekend I am going to be running a Mugen Odyssey, with the motor that came with the chassis. I didnt even brake it in... I use comm drops, and oil the bushings regularly. Speed is not really the issue with 015, being able to corner with the speed is. It has taken me quite some time to get my main 015 setup to where it is, that I can take the corners hard, and can never flip the car on my own, but still have enough steering to carry alot of speed through the corners.

MR015:
Fairlady 350Z body
3010 fets 2x1
Kyosho stock motor
Atomic 94mm MM vIII (diff axle in high position)
3Racing outertune ball diff, PN 41t spur with bearing
Bearings (really dont know which ones, but could be PN)
Kyosho medium FRP t-plate
Kyosho stock top shock, red spring
wheels: front 0mm Narrow PN / rear +1mm Narrow Atomic TS
Tires: front narrow worn 3Racing 10d v-groove AWD / rear narrow PN 8d radial
2d PN Knuckles
PN Stainless Kingpins
PN white front springs
Atomic 3mm front suspension limiter
PN alloy t-plate holder
PN ML disc damper (polished with red springs)
Atomic 2.8 DPS holder
PN 9t Pro Match pinion

I am sure that there are many others that think I am cheating. Just remember, 86mm RM cars at high speed, cannot handle the corners as well as a 94mm MM car. Also if you guys are running less than a 9t pinion, you will look slow on the track. The above setup should run well on many 94mm bodies. I ran it with the Altezza, VW R32, 350Z... and it handles well with all of them, although best with the 350Z. I have only lost once with the setup, against Roland... and has switched his to a very similar setup with an R32 Skyline.

bermbuster
2008.03.10, 07:39 PM
I am sure that there are many others that think I am cheating..

I would never think you cheat or pretty much any of the racers I have met.
I believe all of you guys got your speed from practice and tuning tricks....
I was taught by a National ranked 1/18 scale racer that slow is fast....
You said it best getting around the track without losing speed....
That comes by first not hitting rails other racers etc...next by learning proper cornering technique...most of that comes from laps...lots and lots of laps...
I know I am putting in my time and I am slowly getting better each week even if it is only by one lap.....
The new 2.4 cars are amazing they are less twitchy and maybe because you dont have to fear the dreaded glitch you can concentrate on driving more...