PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning RCP

soulstice
2007.09.27, 08:56 PM
A lot of my track has been in a garage that did not do a good job of keeping outside dust and dirt out. I was wondering what is the best way to clean my track without damaging it.

Can I just run a water hose on it and then let it dry?

Thanks in advance.

Spoon
2007.09.27, 10:00 PM
A lot of my track has been in a garage that did not do a good job of keeping outside dust and dirt out. I was wondering what is the best way to clean my track without damaging it.

Can I just run a water hose on it and then let it dry?

Thanks in advance.

I picked up a sponge mop from Lowes and used that. It worked pretty well. You might be able to just hose it off but I wouldn't let it dry in the sun. The mop method wasn't too bad and I got a LOT of dirt off of my track that way.

I would start with a light vacuuming, then the mopping and it should dry pretty quickly indoors with a fan on it.

These shots will give you an idea of how much track I had to clean...I should have taken a picture of the mop water...GROSS.
http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showgallery.php?cat=1067

byebye
2007.09.27, 10:04 PM
Hose it off and let us know. I know that I just vacuum mine and over time I get all the RCP dust as well as the dust dust.

Kris

lfisminiz
2007.09.27, 10:27 PM
I use the brush part of my old vac. IF you use a beater type vac end...dont let it in 1 spot to long, keep it moving.

RCPMini-z
2007.09.27, 11:31 PM
All the above sounds good.

Don't hose off the track. If you need to get it wet to remove dirt, than a lightly dampened mop or rag will do just fine.

The side rails can be scrubed with soap and water if needed.