PDA

View Full Version : FM Module for different Tx compatible with new Iwaver 02 M?

Cherub1m
2007.10.01, 09:45 AM
Hi

This question is for fangel or anyone that knows if an FM module for top of the line FM transmitters (Futaba, Airtronic, Jr...etc) is available/compatible with the Iwaver 02 M FM reciever.

Thank you
Cherub1m

fangel
2007.10.02, 05:46 AM
Cherub1m,
We currently have not tested if all of the top of line FM TX could control our iwaver 02M RX, but we have tested that Futaba 3PK could control it. I hope other member could help further clarify this for everyone.

Cherub1m
2007.10.02, 12:56 PM
Cherub1m,
We currently have not tested if all of the top of line FM TX could control our iwaver 02M RX, but we have tested that Futaba 3PK could control it. I hope other member could help further clarify this for everyone.

Thanks for the reply fangel. I ordered an Iwaver 02M and if all goes well should be getting it on friday. Having the option of other high end Tx's is nice and the futaba 3PK is nice. Again thanks for the info.

Cherub1m

fangel
2007.10.02, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the headup, I'm looking forward to hear from you again.
Then again, we are always looking for more upgrade in performance, durability, functionality.
We are always open for suggestions. Please feel free to contact me.

Cherub1m
2007.10.07, 01:52 AM
Hi fangel

I finally got the iwaver 02 m and raced it on 10-6-07 at Action RC Mini Speedway in Staten Island NY. Well, let me first say. when i got the car i was happy by the built. However, had a few little things missing, like missing one sqrew and body did not fit right, had to do a little triming. Anyway to make a long story short at home the car ran great. At the track glitch, glitch, glitch and more glitch i could not run the car, it would just stop after going for just a few feet, especially when other racers would run thier cars only time i could run is when no one was running (like that the car ran like a dream), not good if you want to race. Everyone was runing 27mhz AM radios at the track and I am on 27mhz FM. So, basicaly i was upset the radio/reciever on the iwaver 02 m could not handle other am radios around. basicaly other drivers where running stock kyosho radios and futaba 3pk. It was a fustrating night. So fangel what can i do?

Thank you
Cherub1m

Used2xmodding
2007.10.07, 11:33 PM
not 3pk

2pl

Oh and do the tut

fangel
2007.10.08, 06:49 AM
cherub1m,
We have done extensive testing of the iwaver TX/RX unit both indoor and outdoor, and we have yet encounter any issue with it other then slight interference that cause slight glitter with the servo. Other forum member that have raced the iwaver 02M (EX:Marc) would tell you that it should work fine.

As for your case, I'm currently not quite sure on what the problem is, but I'm more then happy to work out the problem with you.

Cherub1m
2007.10.08, 01:52 PM
Hi fangel

I talked to Steve I believe he works with you at toyeast. And he clarified something. I was under the impression that if i was running 27mhz FM I could use any 27mhz FM crystal since everyone at the track was using 27mhz AM. Well, after some discussion and testing with him while on the phone, this is my understanding of the problem. Basicaly the kyosho AM crystal number 3 is 27.095mhz and the iwaver FM Crystal number 6 is 27.095 mhz also and apparently even if your running AM and FM if they are the same mhz you will get interference. For some reason Kyosho and iwaver have a different number system. Given that information next race i will not look at the crystal number, i will look at the exact mhz. My next practice session will be tuesday ill let you know what happen. So far i like the chassi very much I just need to learn to tweak if better. Also, i hope in the future iwaver will incorporate either a separate T-plate to the chassis or provide different lower chassis sets with with more flex only where the motor mount into the chassis. Because at this time i noticed on a smooth surface the iwaver handles like a dream. but when they are some small bumps its gets very difficult to handle and the back of the car bounces ive tried the softest springs provided helped a bit but i think the back of the chassis is to stiff. Removing the springs completely helped a bit but other tweaking issues came up when i did that, so in short its better with springs. Next time ill try some silicon based oil on the dampner shocks.

Thank you
Cherub1m

Used2xmodding
2007.10.08, 02:09 PM
Yeah but wouldnt ur radio have caused the am to mess up

See u sat

If it works i am comin dead last in 02 lol

fangel
2007.10.08, 10:17 PM
You 2 runs in the same club?
yes, Steve is also one of our staff. I happy that clarified some of the issue out for you. (I didn't find the time to test the thing, but I guess he has more time then me.)
I hope all these would make you want to race the iwaver more and more.

Used2xmodding
2007.10.08, 10:44 PM
yeah and i noticed that his fm tx wasnt causing any other racers glitch

oh mayb that was y davey was glitchin

Try running invisible

Cherub1m
2007.10.09, 12:22 AM
Used2xmodding what is your name? I dont know all the online names of the racers at Action RC Mini Speedway. And yes some one else was gliching. If it was Davey then he must have had the number 3 crystal, because that crystal is 27.095 mhz and my radio is cystal # 06 which is 27.095 mhz. And apparently AM and FM radios will glich if on the same mhz. Anyway, Tuesday is test night for me if all goes well ill continue to run the iwaver and the new miniz mr 02 mm i just bought due to fustration of that nights racing :). Ill keep you guys posted on how the iwaver 02m works.

Later
Cherub1m

Used2xmodding
2007.10.09, 05:59 AM
guess from my sur title

sam

The dude with le pere parle francais

Wherd u by the 02

I am screwed in 02 now lol

Cherub1m
2007.10.09, 01:14 PM
Ah of course!!! hi Sam. I got miniz 02 mm from Al this past saturday.

arch2b
2007.10.09, 03:10 PM
our club never uses channel numbers for sign-ups. between kyosho us, kyosho japan, and xmods crystals that are very commonly used, referencing channel numbers has created nothing but problems. we always use the exact frequency number.

monkey19
2007.10.09, 04:21 PM
our club never uses channel numbers for sign-ups. between kyosho us, kyosho japan, and xmods crystals that are very commonly used, referencing channel numbers has created nothing but problems. we always use the exact frequency number.

very smart move, it avoids a lot of confusion

fangel
2007.10.09, 09:41 PM
This is actually very good information that I never knew from before, I'll keep this in mind the next time someone asked about this. The Band name are all very confusing, I would agree that the exact frequency to be used to avoid confusion.

Used2xmodding
2007.10.09, 10:37 PM
oh i guess saturday i will come in dead last

Cherub1m
2007.10.10, 03:47 AM
Well, i had a chance to test the iwaver 02 M. The gliching is a thing of the past from now on I will be looking at the exact frequency number. Has far has handling, these are things i did to improve it. The stock tires need to be tosted in file 13. I needed to add better tires so i got PN front 10 degree, and PN 8 degree radial for the rear. Also, I have to say the stock servo is worthless it is way to slow (basicaly i dont care what upgrades you do if you dont get a better servo you will not be competitive at all its way to slow). So, i go the hitec HS 50, boy did that make a difference. I also feel the upgrade shocks is a must since that will simplify your tweaking the car. So, basicaly if anyone gets this car, you going to have to upgrade it like any other rc car you get. But for me i think these are important 1. New servo for sure 2. Tires with more grip specialy for the rear (the car seem to have alot of steering) 3. The upgrade shock to help tweaking the car. In all i think this car has potential. At first i was worried about the stiff back end but the car handled suprisingly well.

later
Cherub1m

Used2xmodding
2007.10.10, 06:23 AM
what bout the mm 02 handles like a dream right

oh and see u saturday

rip not coming in dead last

fangel
2007.10.11, 04:48 AM
hum, a lot of interesting information.

it's great that now I see more and more end user pitching in and informing the community how iwaver 02M could be upgraded and become very competitive. We would look into helping the chassis become more competitive from stock.

leonen
2007.10.11, 10:41 AM
Hi fangel

I finally got the iwaver 02 m and raced it on 10-6-07 at Action RC Mini Speedway in Staten Island NY. Well, let me first say. when i got the car i was happy by the built. However, had a few little things missing, like missing one sqrew and body did not fit right, had to do a little triming. Anyway to make a long story short at home the car ran great. At the track glitch, glitch, glitch and more glitch i could not run the car, it would just stop after going for just a few feet, especially when other racers would run thier cars only time i could run is when no one was running (like that the car ran like a dream), not good if you want to race. Everyone was runing 27mhz AM radios at the track and I am on 27mhz FM. So, basicaly i was upset the radio/reciever on the iwaver 02 m could not handle other am radios around. basicaly other drivers where running stock kyosho radios and futaba 3pk. It was a fustrating night. So fangel what can i do?

Thank you
Cherub1m

We have exactly the same problem at our club. When racing with multiple cars, call them Kyoshos, Firelaps, etc. The IW02M have a lot of glitches and interferences. They are EVEN DRIVEN BY AM RADIOS!!!! How can this be true????

We identify Frecuencies by their values more than their labels, cause they're all different. And the IW02M appear to have problems with any other Frecuencies that are similar or near the IW02M Crystal. We tried using AM crystals, but they don't work cause the trasmitter crystal is different from the ones used by the IW02M radio.

This is very annoying cause the IW02M guys can't run with other cars around.

Fangel, in your tests, have you tried running with other AM cars around? Why didn't you used 40Mhz or 75Mhz frequencies as regular FM transmitters use? How can ther be such interferences using FM signals????

IW02M run perectly well when they are with themselves - I mean several IW02M - But when som other AM PCBs come into view...... the problems begin. This is specially stronger when Futaba radios are around.

It's really sad that such a fine desing be ruined by something so dumb.

Cherub1m
2007.10.11, 05:00 PM
Hi leonen

This past tuesday i tested the iwaver 02 M at our local race track and i had no problems. We had three other racers there and two had the stock kyosho TX and one had a Futaba TX and we ran fine. Today or maybe next Satuday I plan to race again at Action RC Mini Speedway, during the races we usualy have a lot more racers and some use the 3PK futaba. Ill post how that goes.

Later
Cherub1m

fangel
2007.10.11, 09:53 PM
leonen,
I'm deeply sorry to hear about this. I have talk this over with our boss and the factory technician. They are already heading into redesigning the RX and TX PCB to solve these problem once and for all. The new pair PCB board will greatly improve on the compatibility, we are working towards being able to run 12 chassis at the same time(currently 6).

The reason why we don't use 40Mhz and 75Mhz is that these two frequency has different restrictions in different countries. That is why we chose the most common and least restricted band.

I have heard from Cherub1m about this, and I have took in this matter very seriously. Please keep me posted about realistic racing testing, and I'll keep you all posted about the development and fixes.