PDA

View Full Version : Sanyo Eneloop Vapex Instant charging current

ub0211042
2007.10.04, 12:59 AM
Hi Guys,

I've read that these "Instant" type of battery cannot be charged at more than 0.8 amp. Is this true, and what will happen if i charge at 1.0 amp?

How is the performance between both of the batteries? These battery does hold the capacity well but does it still have the punch needed after storing it for more than lets say a week?

Thanks.

El Tigre
2007.10.04, 08:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I've read that these "Instant" type of battery cannot be charged at more than 0.8 amp. Is this true, and what will happen if i charge at 1.0 amp?

How is the performance between both of the batteries? These battery does hold the capacity well but does it still have the punch needed after storing it for more than lets say a week?

Thanks.
Most of the time they will get real warm, sometimes hot and maybe even vent this pressure. 1 amp can be tough on AAA's, I have done it but the overall battery life is diminished. Put a fan on them to keep em' cool if you do try 1 amp.

ub0211042
2007.10.05, 01:52 AM
ermmm but hv u ever heard that the "instant" type of battery cannot be charged more than its capacity?

heard that it has some protective layer to prevent the battery to loose the charge by itself

TheRinger
2007.10.05, 09:48 PM
So far they have been doing well for me. They have about the same punch as intellects which I would recommend not buying. I bought two sets and they both leaked on me within 5 cycles.

ub0211042
2007.10.05, 11:13 PM
so far i only charge my eneloop and instant at 0.7A with larcrosse charger and the punch is good...i charged with MAHA 8 cell charger using soft charge but i doesn't give me the punch i need.