PDA

View Full Version : tips page...?

herman
2002.05.07, 01:10 AM
hi mr. mini-z

i was wondering if you could put up a page that would feature tips only... no questions, no answers just tried and tested tips.

like tips for different aspects of your car...

motor tips
tires/rims tips
shock tips
body tips
turbo tips
and other tips...

i think this page could be read by everybody and would prevent treads from being too off topic...

they can submit them to you for review, and if approved they would be put on the page...

mini-z
2002.05.07, 07:07 PM
Herman, great idea! This is what the "Parts" section is supposed to be, frequently updated articles on cool stuff you can try. Are you suggesting more of a FAQ/Quick Tips section? That sounds cool. Anyone who'd like to submit a tip, email tips@mini-zracer.com - thanks!

herman
2002.05.08, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by mini-z
Herman, great idea! This is what the "Parts" section is supposed to be, frequently updated articles on cool stuff you can try. Are you suggesting more of a FAQ/Quick Tips section? That sounds cool. Anyone who'd like to submit a tip, email tips@mini-zracer.com - thanks!

yeah... that's it!!! .... a faq/quick tips section ... i'm thinking a page with the faq/quick tips heading and then the particular topics that i posted as subheadings... then i guess... and hope that guys would stop asking the same questions over and over again on the forums...

oh yeah some tips are given in the set/up and parts forums and are worthwhile posting on the faq/quick tips page...

more power :D

mini-z
2002.05.08, 09:58 PM
Great idea! Can I nominate you to head up the effort to gather the useful tips already posted in the forums? :)

herman
2002.05.09, 03:17 AM
oh my God!!! it would be such an honor... i'm flattered, but i think i'll have to humbly decline, since there are a whole bunch of other people on this forum that are more worthy... not to mention a job that i have to occationally attend to... i don't think i'll be able to gather all... but i think i'll be able to help... besides my spelling and punctuations sucks... i even find it such an effort capitalizing all the first letters in my sentences... which is why most of the time you see "...." at the end of them....

maybe if we have a commitee that can submit it to somebody (probably a chairsperson) to handle it... :D

thanks for considering me anyway...

mini-z
2002.05.09, 09:15 PM
Any volunteers?

Karl.no
2002.06.02, 11:58 AM
Hi there. I've recently joined, and submitted one or two postings. Today I found the above thread. A "tips&tricks" section seems to be in demand.

Well, as a sidekick to my SAAB 99 TIPS pages I hastily composed a MODEL page, incorporating 1/24 scale R/C stuff. Featuring mostly the Mini-z F1 and the unbeatable Tamtechs, but some of the tips are universal. Anything you might find useful in there?:rolleyes:

mini-z
2002.06.02, 12:03 PM
Karl.co, what's the URL?

Karl.no
2002.06.02, 02:16 PM
Ummm, press my "www" button...

herman
2002.06.03, 12:07 AM
mr. mini-z

did you get the email i sent you on all the tips i got from a serpent tech book? i picked up the important tips that somewhat apply to mini-z's :confused:

mini-z
2002.06.04, 01:02 PM
herman, yes, got it, and will work on integrating it into the site - thanks!