PDA

View Full Version : Ann Arbor Mini-Z Dojo Series

mini-z
2007.10.06, 06:20 PM
Guys, last night we talked about potentially running a local series in addition to HFAY at our GTGs (either on the same, or alternating nights). Just wanted to start a discussion on what everyone would be interested in running etc.

FastTRX
2007.10.08, 01:13 PM
I've been following the AA forum a while now (its closest) and I've been looking to run races this winter with my Z. A series is exactly what I'd be looking to run. Its quite a drive (about 2 hours) for me, but if this were to come together I would definitley consider it. I'm trying to get some friends involved and hopefully we could do this.

I gotta have something to do this winter, and I've recently got my start in mini-z's/RC and i've never done any organized racing before. I have many offroad RC tracks around but I dont have any desire to run offroad. I normally race MX on atvs but I've tore up my arm this past season and want to start racing indoor RC's.

I'll be following this thread and this forum as well...keep us posted.

Thanks,

Evan

svt-racer
2007.10.08, 10:16 PM
Evan, welcome to the group. We meet at least twice a month for the HFAY series competition. We have met as a club more than that when time allows and the schedule is ok. We are always looking for new members to join the group. If you have any questions, please let us know. A lot of us frequent this forum on a weekly and some on a daily basis.

Carlos

onrailz
2007.10.09, 12:58 PM
Guys, last night we talked about potentially running a local series in addition to HFAY at our GTGs (either on the same, or alternating nights). Just wanted to start a discussion on what everyone would be interested in running etc.

I'd be interested in running an all out, unlimited modified class. Kind of a "how fast can you get a 1/28th scale car to go around the track" type of class. Crazy fet stacks, Lexan bodies, foams, lipo's, chassis milling... you name it. It just has to stay 1/28th.

Evan, hope you make it out to race with us sometime. We have so much fun EVERY time we get together!!!

FastTRX
2007.10.10, 03:11 PM
SVT and onrailz...thanks for the welcome. I really do want to race with you guys...just need to find some spare time (I'm crazy busy with school/work/life) and make the drive up there. It'd be cool to just come and watch you guys drive.

What classes would you guys be adding? I have a few Xmods and it would be cool to have a class for them... I'm guessing there would be a points chase/championship....or atleast that would be cool to have.

BTW...do (can) you guys do anything on Saturdays?