PDA

View Full Version : 101 Minute Edurance Race

Z_408
2007.10.07, 01:28 AM
Fellow Mini-Z Racers,

Last time we did 100 minutes, this time we are doing 101 minutes. This will be the first endurance race at our new location. The race will be a one man team. As always we will have a night section where all the lights will be off. However, this time LED head lights and tail lights will be required.

Location: Inside Line Racing, 2110 Walsh Avenue Suite D, Santa Clara, CA 95050

Event: 101 Minute Endurance Race

Entry Fee: $20.00

Date: Saturday, October 27, 2007

Time: 6:00 PM

Chassis: Open to any Kyosho Mini-Z chassis or any other 1/28th scale RC car.

See you at the track.

www.InsideLineRacing.com

Roger
2007.10.08, 04:23 PM
I might be able to make this one. I have to check the schedule. That's kewl that you're requiring everyone to have the LED lights in their cars. Thats gonna be prety sweeeeet for some night racing especially with the new location Binh. The track is gonna be totally DARK because you have no windows !!

demick1
2007.10.09, 12:28 PM
I'm going to try to make this one. Sounds like a lot of fun. I think I have appropriate LED's around to rig up a light system. I'd like to run the pan car body, but it isn't well suited to adding headlights and I don't really want to hack it up. So I'll probably run the Mclaren.

Roger - where are the pictures of your car with lights. I remember seeing them at some point.

Demick

Roger
2007.10.10, 03:04 AM
Dems:

Here ya go:

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25862&page=2&pp=15

Videos of the last 100 minute race:
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25940

demick1
2007.10.12, 02:50 PM
Thanks Roger

Your pictures showed exactly how I had planned to do mine - except that I only have two headlights instead of four. I wouldn't mind having an additional pair, but I couldn't find any more.

Roger - you going to be there to defend your title?

Demick

Roger
2007.10.12, 06:10 PM
Still thinking about it Demick. If I do, i'll probably practice the day before the race. I really want to race the enduro, but my schedule is pretty tight especially around the weekends. I'll wait and see.

And the other question that you posted on the other website: " I don't know how Roger and Binh maintained thier laps in the dark ??? " Its called the FORCE. Trust you senses and your surroundings when racing extreme speeds in the dark. I was still able to pin full throttle in some of the chicanes and the straightaway when I needed the power of the darkside. hahahah. In all reality, after you race 40 minutes straight, you get pretty use to the track. Your muscle memory will still be the same as if you were racing in the light. I wouldn't worry about practicing racing in the dark. You should be all good. You got some skillz Demick. I know that coach ( Jose ) asked if they were gonna hold practice sessions at night. To tell you the truth, I don't think they should hold any practice at night until the actual race. That's the whole element of surprise and also, its funner that way. I'm not sure if the locals been practicing night sessions occationally to get the advantage, but Binh is the owner so it would be his call. Personally, I think they should change the track the morning of the race. This way, everybody will be on the same level and there wouldn't be any excuses :cool: .

Z_408
2007.10.26, 12:18 AM
Only a day until the enduro. Anyone from Mini-Z racer coming?

Roger, are you going to be able to escape for a few hours to race?

Many of our racers are working on light kits, it is going to look crazy with the lights off.

Z_408
2007.10.27, 12:53 PM
Today is the day. Anyone from here coming out to race or watch?

franciscantony
2007.10.27, 02:21 PM
Today is the day. Anyone from here coming out to race or watch?

I'll drop by to watch. I am not even in the level of racing in lighted
conditions ;-)

-Francis

Z_408
2007.10.27, 02:32 PM
I'll drop by to watch. I am not even in the level of racing in lighted
conditions ;-)

-Francis

Funny. I will see you tonight.

Z_408
2007.10.28, 07:25 PM
ILR would like to thank everyone for coming out and racing our enduro and hope that everyone had a good time. Your top 3 finishers are:

1st Place: TJ (2WD Stock)

2nd Place: Paul (AWD Mod)

3rd Place: Stephen (AWD Mod)

Here are the stats if anyone is interested in studing for the next enduro. The long laps are most likely battery changes or stops for repairs. I know that Demick lost two wheel nuts and Paul had a knuckle break right at the end that cost him the race. Resutls:

www.insidelineracing.com/results/101.html

Please stay tuned for the next enduro.

http://www.insidelineracing.com/pictures/101enduro002.jpg

http://www.insidelineracing.com/pictures/101enduro009.jpg

http://www.insidelineracing.com/pictures/101enduro012.jpg

www.InsideLineRacing.com

marc
2007.10.29, 11:34 AM
I got a question, why the extra ONE minute? That seems pretty small, why not add 15 or something more significant? Is one minute really noticable?

Z_408
2007.10.29, 02:16 PM
I got a question, why the extra ONE minute? That seems pretty small, why not add 15 or something more significant? Is one minute really noticable?

The reason for just adding one minute is just to keep track of how many enduro events we have done. The first one was 100 minutes. Also, for some reason I like weird numbers.