PDA

View Full Version : 2006/2007 Winter racing season discussion!

AtlRC
2007.10.11, 09:38 PM
Hey all! I've finally put together a potential schedule for this winter season. Sorry it's taken so long. :o I've been extremely busy this summer and now into the fall. Looks like it may thankfully slow down a bit for me now.

Here are the dates that I'm looking at. This would be a 10 race season with 4 races thrown out. All dates are on Saturdays. Races could start anywhere from 11 to 1. Let me know if anyone has a strong preference. I prefer an earlier start time so that we can finish earlier and enjoy the rest of the day. Location will be my house (basement -- where we held our first season). We will still have a $5 entry fee and prizes again this season. Prizes may be a bit less than last season since I can no longer get prizes at cost... thank you Miguel for helping out last season.

We will be running the same rules as last year. Our stock class will again be limited to the Kyosho stock motor and equivilents. Open class will be same as last year. I do want to have an F1 class... if just one other person brings theirs, we will have a class!

Please provide feedback on the schedule; day, dates, time, rules, etc....

Possible Schedule:
---------------------------------
Nov 3 -- Possible pre-season race.
Race #1 -- Nov 17
Race #2 -- Dec 1
Race #3 -- Dec 15
Race #4 -- Dec 29
Race #5 -- Jan 12
Race #6 -- Jan 26
Race #7 -- Feb 9
Race #8 -- Feb 23
Race #9 -- Mar 8
No Race -- Mar 22 (Easter Weekend)
Race #10 -- April 5

Hope to see everyone again this season! ...also hope to see some new people who I know have been checking out the forum (I know you're out there! :cool: ...so come out and race with us!)

Later,
-Patrick

hpgod
2007.10.12, 05:53 AM
I am in for what my wifes work schedule will allow. I'll have the mr01 in the stock class and the f1-ferrari.

f1 is open motor? if its stock motor I just need to pickup another motor. as I have the stock xpeed arm in a pn bb can right now.

pinoyboy
2007.10.12, 05:58 AM
sounds good, looking forward to getting some practice on the new track. I'll be in for

stock
F1
modified
:D

bemoore
2007.10.12, 07:59 AM
Woo hoo! Racing season's back. I'm in for stock class. Maybe F1 if Santa's good to me (and he finds a good deal).

Regarding the schedule and time: I don't have a strong preference on the time, but I vote for 11. I like getting finished earlier and leaving more time to do other stuff. I don't think you'd want to start any earlier. Starting any earlier would limit practice time. I see you're skipping Easter weekend. You might want to also consider skipping the Dec 29 date. Have we ever raced that close to Christmas, and was the turnout decent?

What track are we going to use? RCP or an AtlRC custom?

Do you have the flyer ready yet? I've gotten the OK to post one at the HobbyTown at Gwinnett Place Mall.

russp
2007.10.12, 08:51 AM
I'm in for stock. Don't think I'll be getting an F1 or modified anytime soon. I've considered an AWD a few times though.

AtlRC
2007.10.12, 07:51 PM
I am in for what my wifes work schedule will allow. I'll have the mr01 in the stock class and the f1-ferrari.

f1 is open motor? if its stock motor I just need to pickup another motor. as I have the stock xpeed arm in a pn bb can right now.

I think we were talking about running the F1's with something faster than stock? Ideas anyone? How about any FET safe motor?

AtlRC
2007.10.12, 08:01 PM
Woo hoo! Racing season's back. I'm in for stock class. Maybe F1 if Santa's good to me (and he finds a good deal).

Regarding the schedule and time: I don't have a strong preference on the time, but I vote for 11. I like getting finished earlier and leaving more time to do other stuff. I don't think you'd want to start any earlier. Starting any earlier would limit practice time. I see you're skipping Easter weekend. You might want to also consider skipping the Dec 29 date. Have we ever raced that close to Christmas, and was the turnout decent?

What track are we going to use? RCP or an AtlRC custom?

Do you have the flyer ready yet? I've gotten the OK to post one at the HobbyTown at Gwinnett Place Mall.

I would vote for 11:00 am as well. Doors could open at 9:00 for those who want to practice first. Anybody else want to chime in on this?

I think you might be right as to skipping Dec 29th. I don't recall turnout close to Xmas before, but we might as well give people the holiday times off. We could then hold the final race on April 19th. Any other votes on this?

We will be using the same track that I had at my house last time... with a nice modifcation (don't ask...you'll see).

I'll try to post the new flyer by Monday.

Thanks Billy! Hope Santa brings you an F1.

usaserres
2007.10.13, 08:32 PM
I am also in with MR02 and F1. As for the F1 motor, the stock car comes now with the X-speed and it is good enough for the car to my opinion.

Denis

pinoyboy
2007.10.13, 09:58 PM
I am also in with MR02 and F1. As for the F1 motor, the stock car comes now with the X-speed and it is good enough for the car to my opinion.

Denis

I have a speedy awd in my F1! Patrick, is the track carpet? :confused:

AtlRC
2007.10.14, 09:27 PM
I have a speedy awd in my F1! Patrick, is the track carpet? :confused:

The speedy sounds like it would be a good motor to use for the F1s. Since that is the stock motor for the new F1s, maybe we should say that everyone should use the speedy. I don't mind buying one if that is what the majority wants.

The track is my homemade fatigue mat track... so it's foam with similar traction to the RCP. I think you'll like it.

hpgod
2007.10.15, 08:56 AM
patrick do you have any transpoders for sale. The shop here has been out for a while and I need to pick one up for my F1

pinoyboy
2007.10.16, 06:43 PM
when the 2.4ghz mini-zs come out, will we be able to run them in the same classes as the AM cars?:confused:

AtlRC
2007.10.16, 08:04 PM
when the 2.4ghz mini-zs come out, will we be able to run them in the same classes as the AM cars?:confused:

Art - I'll have to check. I only had 3 small ones for the F1's. I may have a couple of regular size. I'll let you know.

Hank - Are they coming out with 2.4 ghz Mini-Z's?!?!? I haven't heard that. That would be awsome... and if they do, I would assume they would be allowed in the same classes as AM cars... unless maybe the FET's are more powerful or something.

wsaenotsock
2007.10.16, 08:09 PM
I've been wanting to race again. My mini's have been collecting dust and my AWD is pretty messed up from the last race. Those dates look good to me. I probably can't make the Nov. 3 pre race since I should be playing in my first ever golf tournament. I get to see how bad I really am. :o

Mzfreak
2007.10.16, 08:15 PM
wow i still havnt touched those minizs. lol one time i played with it. ill have to come to a race

bemoore
2007.10.17, 06:15 AM
I won't be able to make it on Nov 3rd. Got inlaws coming up to visit. But I should be able to make the races after that.

pinoyboy
2007.10.28, 09:41 PM
So, who is gonna be able to make the 3rd :confused:

hpgod
2007.10.29, 05:37 AM
On the 3rd I am tenative to come run a few batteries to test a setup or 2. My wife works sat night.

On the 17th I am tenative as she work friday night and is on call saterday mourning.
Art

pinoyboy
2007.10.31, 05:57 AM
On the 3rd I am tenative to come run a few batteries to test a setup or 2. My wife works sat night.

On the 17th I am tenative as she work friday night and is on call saterday mourning.
Art

cool, so at least 3 of us will be there :p I've never been, so Patrick, can you email me some directions or an address please

AtlRC
2007.10.31, 09:14 AM
:( Sorry guys... it looks like I will have to cancel the 3rd. I have family coming for the weekend and my basement is still in a state of chaos. I'll spend the next two weeks cleaning, building, and finishing my "upgrade" to my track (you will like! :cool: ).

So we'll start our season on the 17th and follow the schedule previously posted in this thread.

See you all soon.

-Patrick

hpgod
2007.10.31, 09:23 AM
I look to be in saterday for a hour or so around lunch time.

If you do race and I am not there yet then Patrick load me in the computer in stock with the extra tag I need to but from you, and I will put the tag I already had from last season in my F1. I will only be able to stay for one or 2 heats this saterday.

I just got my wifes schedule yesterday and I will deifnately be in for the seasons race 2,3,4. shes is on call for race 1 though so it is iffy.

Art

pinoyboy
2007.11.02, 08:55 PM
I went to B&B hobby, which is close to the intersection of 78 and 124. Anyways, I remember they use to run Tamiya mini 4wd cars there, but they haven't in a while. So I asked if it would be ok to race mini-zs racing if I supplied the track and timing system.

She said that would be fine, but the one thing I forgot to ask was about power(charging batteries, power for laptop, etc). The track would be just out front of the store, or if anyone would prefer more space and a bigger layout, the track could be placed a little farther away and they might be able to tape the area off for us. Heres some pics to get an idea

http://www.bandbhobby.com/pictures/june2.jpg
http://www.bandbhobby.com/pictures/sept2.JPG

I know this is probably not the best time to be suggesting this, but I went there today and thought I'd ask to see what they would say. Also if anyone would be interested, I could setup my track there next saturday, november 10th, and we could do some runs. It may or not be with core, since I didn't ask about power, but maybe I'll go back and ask.

oh, one more thing! I told someone about are racing series and they may be able to come out Nov. 17 and race with us:D

hpgod
2007.11.03, 10:09 PM
What is the wattage of your laptop charger and the core loop power supply? I use to charge my 1/10 scale batteries and run a soldering iron off a car power inverter at tracks that did not have power.

usaserres
2007.11.05, 02:04 PM
I think that this B&B Hobby shop option is great! I am all for it. Let me know if this works out!

Regards,

Denis

pinoyboy
2007.11.05, 05:33 PM
I think that this B&B Hobby shop option is great! I am all for it. Let me know if this works out!

Regards,

Denis

I think it would be good to use it as a place to draw new people in since it would be just like Hobby Mart and getting outside exposure. Being outside also has the advantage of people coming to see whats going on even if they never had any intention to come to the hobby shop. Then, if they were interested, we could tell them the location of where we race our points series.

Also, maybe for those of us who have some standard size RCP can bring some out and run a big layout and they would mark off the area for us. Who knows, maybe we could some how figure that race into the season points, or try some type of endurance race. This wouldn't be all the time of course, but only when most of us are free and when the weather is perfect:p

If theres enough interest, then maybe they will start stocking some of the hop ups we use, as well as ready sets for people to purchase and join us. The couple times I've been there, they didn't have much.

This season, I look forward to racing on Patrick's track and I know it will provide for some good competition. For now, I think we should just keep B&B hobby as a place to get exposure and maybe a place to run a season in the future. Just a thought of mine as I would definitely like to help us grow bigger:D

While i'm at it, what other places do you guys think we could run at to get some outside exposure? The only other hobby shops I know of are Hobby town in gwinett and kennesaw. I know the one in gwinett gets very busy and the parking lot is very full. The one in Kennesaw has a very large concrete area before entering the store, but it is far from the Georgia racers. However, I think it would be an option if all the chattanooga guys would come down. It would almost be half way right:confused:

Anyways, if you guys have some places in mind let me know so I could try an ask. I drive around alot so anywhere around cobb, gwinett, or dekalb. I would probably be in each of those areas at least once a week. Alright, thats all i Have to say about that:p :D

hpgod
2007.11.06, 08:13 AM
Hank
I looked at my car power inverter and it is 350Watts

bemoore
2007.11.08, 01:54 PM
B&B in Snellville would work for me, but not on the 10th.

pinoyboy
2007.11.08, 04:22 PM
Hank
I looked at my car power inverter and it is 350Watts

Core get its power through the usb port. As for the laptop I use, I googled the part number as I didn't see wattage directly stated.
http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/46-25806-1863/Sony-Vaio-Parts-AC-Power-Adapter.html

Yea, I don't think B&B would be a good option this saturday, maybe some other time after the race at Patrick's. But by the way the weather is already, it won't be anytime soon because its too cold for me! :p

Anyways, the guy I told about our racing series emailed me to let me know he got his new mr-02 readyset and looks to be set for the 17th. :D

ChattavegasSE
2007.11.10, 11:30 AM
More info on the 17th? Where, when? :cool:

pinoyboy
2007.11.10, 12:02 PM
More info on the 17th? Where, when? :cool:
me too, i need an address :D