PDA

View Full Version : ***NEW PRODUCT*** 2.4Ghz MR-02LM LeMans Series

Tim Johnson
2007.10.16, 05:45 PM
New Perfex Transmitter, KT-18 ASF
•The new KT-18 TX unit will allow 40 Mini-Zs to race at the same time.
•Will automatically search for an open Frequency, NO Xtals needed!
•Radio response speed increased 33%, compared to the KT-5
•Only one radio required to control other 2.4ghz equipped Mini-Zs
•Steering angle and throttle angles can be adjusted
•Digital trim adjustments
•Blue LED lights indicate Power, Bind Mode, and Training mode
•Only 4 AAA Batteries required for TX operation
•Expansion slot for add on features. (available in future)
February 2008 Arrival
82001B TX only
MSRP NYA
Release Date: Jan/Feb
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/images/carsandtrucks/minizracer/30441KR-B-06.jpg

MR02LM Series with 2.4Ghz System ARR
•Fully factory assembled chassis with high capacity FET
•NEW 2.4Ghz radio system
•Pre painted bodies
•Four sizes of pinion gears
•Pinion gear tool
•Spacers for front suspension adjustment

TECHNICAL DATA
Scale: 1/27.6
Length: 180mm
Width: 78mm
Height: 39mm
Wheelbase: 102mm
Weight: 130g
Gear Ratios: 7.3, 6.3, 5.5, 4.9:1
Tire Diameter: (F)23.5mm (R)27mm
Tire Width: (F)9mm (R)12mm
Transmitter: KT-18 (Sold Separately)

* NEW FEATURES *
•New motor case and friction dampener as
standard equipment.
•Motor now located 5.5mm lower and
2.5mm toward the center, compared to the MM motor case.
•Equipped with I.C.S Port
•Transmitter and receiver response time has increased 33%
•2.4Ghz Technology

February 2008 Arrival
30441KR-B Porsche 962 No.10
30441KR-B Porsche 962 No.1
MSRP NYA
Release Date: Jan/Feb
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/images/carsandtrucks/minizracer/30441KR-B-02.jpghttp://www.kyoshoamerica.com/images/carsandtrucks/minizracer/30441KR-B-03.jpghttp://www.kyoshoamerica.com/images/carsandtrucks/minizracer/30441KR-B-01.jpg

mferrini
2007.10.16, 06:16 PM
Q1 : front wheel is small than Rear or just the picture ?
Q2 : upper connector is for ICS. or to binding process ?
Q3 : Rear Axle differential is larger than MR02 ? Does it's the same large than F1 ?
Q4 : What type of fets comes with this chasis ? 3010? others ?

Regards

Tim Johnson
2007.10.16, 06:19 PM
Q3 : Rear Axle differential is larger than MR02 ? Does it's the same large than F1 ?

Regards

all information I have, is posted above. When I can get my eyes on more information, I will get it passed along to the Z community asap. :):):) So please be patient if your questions are not answered right away.

ICS will be used for dialing the speed control and steering servo.

Hammer
2007.10.16, 07:17 PM
Very cool Tim, thanks for the pics. :D Can't wait for more info. :)

arch2b
2007.10.16, 07:28 PM
tim,
is it safe to ask questions re: the transmitter and afs system? http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26359 my post is still closed.

Tim Johnson
2007.10.16, 08:44 PM
Go for it. I don't have many answers just yet. But Japan is hating me ...lol...So i am sure i will have answers soon :)

TheRinger
2007.10.16, 09:06 PM
Tim, do U know if, just to say if I had a spectrum module for a helios do U know if that would work with the new 2.4Ghz mini z?

rharris
2007.10.16, 10:00 PM
Tim, do U know if, just to say if I had a spectrum module for a helios do U know if that would work with the new 2.4Ghz mini z?

Or if the new mini-z 2.4 module for the new Ko Propo radio will work in the helios ex-10. The photo's show a new radio that looks like it has the mars foot print.

Tell KoPropo guys are asking if they should hold off buying a ex-10 or not.

herman
2007.10.17, 12:37 AM
Originally Posted by mferrini

Regards

trying to answer....
from the info given above
a1:
Tire Diameter: (F)23.5mm (R)27mm
Tire Width: (F)9mm (R)12mm
and the pic... the front wheel/rim does look smaller (measured it with a ruler hahaha) although i may be wrong...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23338

usually rear and front rims/tires are of different sizes in the real le mans cars too...

btw... tire/rim sizes (from kyosho mini-z vol.2 optional parts list)
diameter of racing rims is 20mm while the tire diameter is 25mm
diameter of classic rims is 17mm while the tire diameter is also 25mm

classic rims are the type of rims you can find on the shelby cobra427,lamborghini jota, ferrari 512bb and the porsche 934...

a3:
from the info given above Width: 78mm... i don't know if it's the body width or the track width... so assuming it's the track width... i am taking an educated guess (again i may be wrong) that the rear diff may be a bit wider than the mr02... not sure if it is as long as the f1 diff though...

also the kyosho mini-z vol.2 optional parts list states that the widest track width is on the lamborghini jota at 76mm which has an offset of 3mm per rim (the parts list didn't list the track width of the enzo so i wonder...)

anyway i'm thinking having a rear offset of 4mm (on a mr02 diff will give us a track width of 78) might be too much and make the rim pretty susceptible or prone to breaking... besides from the picture in another thread, it visually looks wider...
http://www.rc-japan.de/BigPics/minizVergleich.jpg

i wonder if professor tim can confirm my answers, don't worry, i'm not in a hurry... :D

CristianTabush
2007.10.17, 12:39 AM
All KO Modules are pretty much interchangeable now. I wouldn't see why a new one wouldn't work with the old transmitters. I use an AD band module for Helios on my Mars R. THe Spektrum module is also for use with Mars/Helios as per Horizon hobby.

Either way, I'm finally getting a new Transmitter (EX1 Ur) hehehe! I hated the Helios case! Just too big for my hands. :)

im8im8
2007.10.17, 01:24 AM
found this on kyosho america site. Not that much info but do have picture of body. Not keen on body color

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/carsandtrucks/minizracer/30441KR-B.asp

rharris
2007.10.17, 01:37 AM
awww man that's cool....

January eh? Nice...

herman
2007.10.17, 03:46 AM
hmm... selling the car alone with the "Transmitter: KT-18 (Sold Separately)" will probably be a really good idea... that way one can either choose to purchase the kt-18 or a module that will hopefully come out soon as well...

i'm thingking if you can swap out the old mr01/02 board with the newer 2.4ghz board... and how much would that cost?

but on the other hand it might be cheaper to get a 2.4ghz chassis kit if and when kyosho does have it in the offering....

imxlr8ed
2007.10.17, 07:32 AM
Let me be the first to nominate this body for production with this chassis! ;)

LeftHandedRacer
2007.10.17, 07:43 AM
that body would be a good start for the japanies market, as it is a japanies team.

arch2b
2007.10.17, 08:31 AM
i hope it's not a new diff.... one thing i love wbout he existing cars is the crossover of parts. i don't want to fork over another wad of cash for another proprietary diff. i will if i have to though :)

i agree, selling the tx seperatly is the way to go. funny how the japan market has been getting kits like this for a long time and we are just getting them now with this new system. better late than never :)

Tim Johnson
2007.10.17, 10:11 AM
As far as I know the Spectrum is a complete different technology, and will not work.

Or if the new mini-z 2.4 module for the new Ko Propo radio will work in the helios ex-10. The photo's show a new radio that looks like it has the mars foot print.

Tell KoPropo guys are asking if they should hold off buying a ex-10 or not.

KoPropo for as long as i can rememeber, their modules are backwards compatable for the most part. So I would hope for the same with their 2.4ghz system.

Tim Johnson
2007.10.17, 10:37 AM
I don't think any of you have caught on as to how your handling will be better with this car. The motor is lower and more center, so that will make the diff look bigger. It is the same diff as a MM MR-02.

briankstan
2007.10.17, 10:41 AM
thanks for that update Tim, It's on my list of wants. I'm still interested to see what the price will end up being.

arch2b
2007.10.17, 10:43 AM
yep, i saw your pictures of the new mm motor pod.

question: can this new mm motor pod be used for existing mm wheelbase configured cars/bodies or is it specific to the wheelbase for the le cars?

question: is the suffix 'LM' refer to a new rear motor mount configuration? or does it represent the LeMans series autoscales for this specific release? inotherwords, will this whole package be specific to LeMans series ONLY or will the electronics be compatible/find thier way into the base mr-02 and mr-015 and/or ma-010 chassis in future releases?

Tim Johnson
2007.10.17, 10:54 AM
The LM is for the pod configuration. "Low Motor" LM.

arch2b
2007.10.17, 11:44 AM
great, thanks for the clarification :)

we created a new subforum for the afs system and i wanted to make sure i was correct in my assumptions regarding the lm suffix not being tied to the afs system therefore not part of the title for the new subforum. not that you wanted to know any of that :p

here is the new sub-forum (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117)

Jonny
2007.10.17, 12:17 PM
The LM is for the pod configuration. "Low Motor" LM.
I thought the LM stood for 'Le Mans'?

Jonny

arch2b
2007.10.17, 12:44 PM
tim just clarified.... as i suspected, it refers to the new low mount configured motor pod. think of it this way, kyo has NEVER added a suffix related to a body type. the suffix ALWAYS refers to the motor configuration.

ruf
2007.10.17, 09:49 PM
All KO Modules are pretty much interchangeable now. I wouldn't see why a new one wouldn't work with the old transmitters. I use an AD band module for Helios on my Mars R. THe Spektrum module is also for use with Mars/Helios as per Horizon hobby.

Either way, I'm finally getting a new Transmitter (EX1 Ur) hehehe! I hated the Helios case! Just too big for my hands. :)I'm so jocking the 2.4Ghz Mars! Remember I always wanted to stuff Helios guts into a Mars case = "Marios"! Let's hope that the EX1Ur has the hardware updates of the Helios as well as the 2.4GHz! :eek:

mo-mini
2007.10.18, 12:05 AM
Will Ko-propo make a spektrum MINI-Z module for the Futaba 3PK?

pchan0
2007.10.18, 12:19 AM
Will Ko-propo make a spektrum MINI-Z module for the Futaba 3PK?

I can probably answer this one, it would be no. Ko Propo would welcome you to switch to their brand though. :)

herman
2007.10.18, 12:46 AM
I thought the LM stood for 'Le Mans'?
me too... hehehe... so it's low motor... hehehe...

I don't think any of you have caught on as to how your handling will be better with this car. The motor is lower and more center, so that will make the diff look bigger. It is the same diff as a MM MR-02.
well i did suspect that handling would be a whole lot better... the video shown was pretty cool as well...

chassis improvements...
it will have the widest track width (78mm) and a long wheelbase to boot (102mm)... the tires are wider... 9mm up front and 12mm in rear...
the motor will be set lower to the ground and will be more centered...
the lm mount will be open at the bottom... this will help dissipate heat more efficiently compared to the rear pod mounts previously made by kyosho...
board will be programmable...

radio/tx improvements...
it's not only that but the radio which claims "Radio response speed increased 33%, compared to the KT-5"... and with the 2.4ghz glitching will be greatly reduced...

one point i'm concerned about is if it indeed uses the same diff as the mr02... rims, the rear ones in particular.. as i pointed out earlier, to have a 78mm track width, you would have to have a 4mm offset per rim...

widest offset is 3mm which gives us a track width of 76mm on a mr02 diff...
(the kyosho mini-z vol.2 optional parts list states that the widest track width is on the lamborghini jota at 76mm which has an offset of 3mm per rim (the parts list didn't list the track width of the enzo so i wonder... anybody have any info on the enzo?)

4mm offset might affect rim integrity, thus making it more susceptible or prone to breaking...

as we all still haven't seen the final product, the rim issue is still speculation... so in the mean time all we can do is wait... go back to our gardens and start planting more money trees in anticipation, and hope they flower & bear some fruit sometime jan-feb '08... :D :D :D

Draconious
2007.10.18, 07:48 AM
3mm Offset + 12mm Rims/Tires :) ...thus the new Super-Wide, larger diameter tires.

Was it LM that was used on the older readysets? I guess we can just conveniently forget those existed since they did not sell so well.. F50 body readyset etc... Or was that LR...

I want to know the size of the PCB... hopeing its a little shorter...

arch2b
2007.10.18, 08:30 AM
those were rml....

odd they would make 12mm tires vs. just making a 4mm offset wheel. now there is an entirly new range of tires to produce, etc.

i would suspect many will move to aluminum wheels. the 575gtc runs +3 and i continually break those wheels so i always run aluminum with that body. there are already +3.5 available and i'm sure it won't be long before 11mm wheels are made in +4 as well. i'd almost rather do that than haev to buy specific tires just for this car. it's enough to carry stock for the normal 8.5 and 11 with f1 front and rear in terms of my budget.
i thought the 575gtc had the widest trackwidth to date?

i can only suspect that you had better plant a bunch of those money plants :p nothing 'new' comse cheap, take the lit for example.

2EZ
2007.10.18, 10:00 AM
All I will say is I will have one and maybe more than one I love this scale and have lot's of money invested now and this type of "New" is just going to get more of my money. Can't wait till it showes up here in the States. Thanks Tim for the updates You know it makes me crazy waiting for something "New" like this LOL.

herman
2007.10.18, 10:15 PM
3mm Offset + 12mm Rims/Tires ...thus the new Super-Wide, larger diameter tires.
holy jeepers batman.... drac's cracked the egg... i totally forgot about the new rims/tires... definitely will make 78mm track width... good show ole chap (alfred in the background).... :D

i thought the 575gtc had the widest trackwidth to date?
the list i had (see attachment below) didn't have the 575gtc or the enzo.... can anybody verify/post track width of those cars?

Tim Johnson
2007.10.19, 10:30 AM
on the enzo the front is 72mm, and the rear is 76mm

575 Front is 75mm front, and 76mm rear.

current tire line up is 8.5mm 9.5mm and 11.0mm.

don't forget PNracing is currently selling that GTP body with extra wide offset rims. I dont know of any mass rim breakage, unless you nail someone the right way. But of course that will happen to anyone, with any body style.

arch2b
2007.10.19, 01:15 PM
i have not seen any mass breakage of major offset wheels due to poor design or construction.
i have broken 3 or more sets of 575gtc wheels during very heavy and constant use on my hfay cars. these cars are run about 3-6 hours 2-3 days a month. in all fairness, i've seen many other wheels break as well like mclaren, enzo, etc. during hfay racing as well. it's a demanding series and puts alot of wear and tear on your car quickly.

to clarify, kyosho is adding an adiditional line of 12mm tires to the lineup and corresponding wheels.

herman
2007.10.20, 11:25 AM
just a thought... will the board be available in the ma010? that way you won't be needing the lowdown crystal adapter... heck you won't need a crystal period... this will definitely give you more options on body choices you can run on the ma010... :D

Tim Johnson
2007.10.21, 05:05 PM
just a thought... will the board be available in the ma010? that way you won't be needing the lowdown crystal adapter... heck you won't need a crystal period... this will definitely give you more options on body choices you can run on the ma010... :D

not anytime in the near future. But I am sure at sometime in the future, all Z's will be 2.4. :)

supafastsupra2
2007.10.25, 11:35 PM
any chance of foam tires from kyosho for these?

arch2b
2007.12.03, 03:47 PM
tim,
have you been able to get pictures of the pcb? have you been able to confirm the fet arrangement on the pcb? this would be greatly appreciated as it would give us an easy answer on wiether or not to allow these in stock class racing which starts in january (hfay).

Tim Johnson
2007.12.03, 04:16 PM
there is no reason why you can't run these in stock class, as long as you conform to the motor rules. I will not be able to post any pictures of the car until later this month. Sorry guys.

arch2b
2007.12.03, 06:36 PM
if they have the 2x2 fet arrangement like the ad-band i can assure you nearly every racing series will exclude them from stock class racing.

Tim Johnson
2007.12.03, 06:43 PM
if they have the 2x2 fet arrangement like the ad-band i can assure you nearly every racing series will exclude them from stock class racing.

Why would that be?

arch2b
2007.12.03, 06:50 PM
i'm sure you really don't want me to get into that here;) it will only lead to lengthy debate which have already taken place in other subforums. suffice to say 1/28 racing is not quite the same as 1/18 and larger.

ruf
2007.12.03, 07:14 PM
edit for other thread.

wes
2007.12.03, 07:15 PM
Simply put, a new 4 fet car would be too fast in the stock class against all the current stock cars which only have 2 fets :)

Looking forward to picking one up either way... I've already set money aside for a readset :D

ruf
2007.12.03, 07:37 PM
edit for other thread.

arch2b
2007.12.03, 07:39 PM
please, lets NOT go down that road in this thread. this is tims post on a specific product line. there are good posts that offer plenty of debate on the issue to which you are welcome to contribute.

ruf
2007.12.03, 07:41 PM
Done. Sorry, Tim.

Tim Johnson
2007.12.06, 11:13 AM
Done. Sorry, Tim.

Can you link me to that other thread?

arch2b
2007.12.06, 11:25 AM
race regulations? i posted to a couple past threads on the subject, i'll try to add links to them.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16807
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5627
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16276

will3kgt
2007.12.06, 11:26 AM
Let me be the first to nominate this body for production with this chassis! ;)
I couldn't agree more! The Audi body wouldn't be a bad choice either seeing that it won the last 7 years in a row. :D

marc
2007.12.19, 10:58 AM
I sure hope they will release more Leman's style bodies.

bermbuster
2007.12.23, 02:09 PM
when can we officially purchase them.....
I need 2 very badly...... :D

ruf
2007.12.26, 04:03 PM
Apparently the 2.4GHz boards will have 2x the capacity of "conventional" FETs. Not sure if "conventional" means 3004's or 3010's...

The smaller diameter front wheels and tires means new steering knuckles with the axle in a lower position.

arch2b
2007.12.26, 05:10 PM
Apparently the 2.4GHz boards will have 2x the capacity of "conventional" FETs. Not sure if "conventional" means 3004's or 3010's...
due to advertising language, that means nothing essentially.
The smaller diameter front wheels and tires means new steering knuckles with the axle in a lower position.
the 3010 were advertised in a similar manner and unitl we can verify the fet type and qnty, verbage is just that. please let us know if you find out more:)

are new knuckles confirmed?

ruf
2007.12.26, 08:48 PM
Yes new knuckles are confirmed, but I can't see how they would do any good in any other application, since they would raise front ride height using normal wheels and tires.

arch2b
2007.12.26, 08:52 PM
:( i like the attention to detail they have for making new knuckles just for this class/racer however it's yet another knuckle i have to buy nad keep track of. i've just been spoiled by the interchangel nature of the 015 and 02 :rolleyes:

thanks for the confirmation ruf!

HaCo
2007.12.27, 09:39 AM
Here are some detail shots of the car, what exactly is so special about the knuckles?
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=103028

HaCo
2007.12.27, 09:51 AM
In attach is btw the one next to the other...

ruf
2007.12.27, 09:52 AM
Nothing "special" per se, but the axles are lower in the knuckle to allow for the proper amount of ride height with the smaller diameter front wheels. It's almost impossible to tell from the picture, but it's described in the 5th detail shot. The caption reads something like:

"Matching the new front wheel and tire, the front knuckle also has a new design. This design ensures enough suspension travel even with the Le Mans body which has very little front clearance."

It also looks like they finally started inverting the spring perch like we've been doing for years... :D

michvin
2007.12.27, 11:37 AM
...inverting the spring perch like we've been doing for years... :DCan you explain why are you doing this? What do you gain? It's an off-top, so probably in some other thread? Thanks :)

TALLGEESE
2007.12.27, 12:14 PM
Can you explain why are you doing this? What do you gain? It's an off-top, so probably in some other thread? Thanks :)

I'd like to know about this as well, I was on the Atomic website a while back and noticed that when they showed pics of they're MR-02's the spring perches were mounted inverted.. I'm assuming it makes the front suspension smoother in some way...

color01
2007.12.27, 05:01 PM
Inverting the spring perch takes out one more moving part from the suspension, thus less friction to deal with. ;)

You could use the knuckles with an old MR01 motor pod and make an MR02 rally car. :rolleyes:

ruf
2007.12.27, 06:56 PM
Yup. I think it centers the spring better, which also contributes to smoother suspension action. It's theoretically less unsprung weight, but that's negligible.

yasuji
2007.12.27, 07:44 PM
Yup. I think it centers the spring better, which also contributes to smoother suspension action. It's theoretically less unsprung weight, but that's negligible.
in motorcycle racing.... unsprung mass equates to 2x the mass of sprung mass
granted it is only a minimal part but in a racers mind....minimal is better than nothing :D
and it also does reduce friction due to less moving parts ;)

homestar21
2007.12.28, 05:31 PM
Is there a way to use the old Zs with the new remote? Sorry if it's been asked. I've been skimming these pages.

Tim Johnson
2007.12.28, 05:34 PM
Is there a way to use the old Zs with the new remote? Sorry if it's been asked. I've been skimming these pages.

There will be a conversion kit about 6 months after the release of the readysets.

arch2b
2007.12.28, 05:43 PM
can you clarify what that means and maybe what's included?

Tim Johnson
2007.12.28, 05:49 PM
can you clarify what that means and maybe what's included?

Sorry but I can't. I am collecting more info. Keep your eyes open for a "whats new for 2008" thread.

mferrini
2007.12.28, 06:01 PM
No.MZ303
R/C UNIT SET
(2.4GHz/RA-18)
Replacement units for 2.4GHz circuit board. Compatible with MR-015 and 02 versions.
*For MINI-Z MR-015 / MR-02 (compatible with 2.4G)
Available in JAN 2008

wes
2008.01.04, 08:00 PM
I have a question I don't believe anyone has asked... From the looks of the pictures, it seems as though there is a 1 inch antenna wire coming from the board. Will there be a metal antenna like all previous Mini-Zs, or will it be short enough to hide under the body? :)

CristianTabush
2008.01.04, 09:21 PM
Short enough to hide under the body! Hurray! :)

piper1944
2008.01.16, 09:44 PM
any new news

piper1944
2008.01.24, 10:20 AM
nothing yet?

CristianTabush
2008.01.24, 01:19 PM
Search the forums, you'll see everything is slated to a late February and beyond release. ;)

herman
2008.01.25, 04:39 AM
think i missed it...
but will the car and radio be sold separately?
or will kyosho come out with the rtr ready kit (car & radio)...

thanks for any info... :D

Red Team
2008.01.25, 05:23 AM
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27050