PDA

View Full Version : which tires?

ZpiXa
2007.10.20, 03:14 PM
Hi!

what does it means when a tire is 30°? :confused: i think it means how soft or hard it is... and what is the best combination of tyres if i use a atomic VDS2 body? im a kinda green. :D

jbevins
2007.10.20, 06:43 PM
30 degree stand for how soft or how hard the tire is.

as far as telling you what tire would be best on a body is kinda hard, there's lots of variables, such as track surface, driving style and such, so I can't help you much there.

minittrackmann
2007.10.20, 07:57 PM
30 degree stand for how soft or how hard the tire is.

as far as telling you what tire would be best on a body is kinda hard, there's lots of variables, such as track surface, driving style and such, so I can't help you much there.

If you are running on rcp like i am. I run PN radial 8's in the rear, and 20's up front. I also use white dish wheels from pn... 10's will work in the rear but you will need to sand them down a little bit to get any grip...

ZpiXa
2007.10.21, 06:09 AM
so many degrees means a soft tire and low deegre means a hard? or opposite?

i run on a litle track with lots of corners

pinoyboy
2007.10.21, 08:32 AM
so many degrees means a soft tire and low deegre means a hard? or opposite?

i run on a litle track with lots of corners

its the opposite way;)

ZpiXa
2007.10.21, 11:33 AM
ok thx for the help. what is rcp?

FastTRX
2007.10.22, 08:38 PM
ok thx for the help. what is rcp?
The small foam-like? track like the ones picture above underneath the Forum Banner in the Tiny RC add above (scroll up!). You can get them from Tiny RC or RS...I think elsewhere too. Portable, as the pieces fit together like a puzzle.

It's like those block deals that little kids play with...all rainbow colored. I think I've seen a few people even using them instead of the real RCP!! :p Works all the same I bet...I've seen them once before.

Alot of people race on these...they are the most popular race surface for the mini-z and xmod.

ZpiXa
2007.10.23, 01:22 PM
ok tyvm for the help. But im am mading my own track right now... its gonna be 150X248 cm in the start but maybe i will make it twice as big someday :)