PDA

View Full Version : Another track in GA!

pinoyboy
2007.10.22, 06:59 PM
Alright, I know that Art, Russ, and Billy have tracks besides are main track that we will be racing on at Patrick's. Well, if you didn't know already, I also have been able to setup a track with a Core Lap Counter at my bro's house in Acworth! :D
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/RCPtrack007.jpg

Dimension of the track are approximately 25'x12'. My bro and I have been racing alot on it, and now with the Core lap counter, hes really trying to be more consistant and get his car tuned right! He asked me when we'll start racing, and he's possibly looking forward to checking it out on 11/3.

Anyways, he told me if anyone was interested in racing for fun at his place, just relay it to me, and I can tell him so that he can set up a date. Also, if anyone does decide to come over and needs a transponder, I can lend one out for the day ;)

AtlRC
2007.10.22, 09:43 PM
Nice setup! Oh crap... now you'll be practicing more than ever! ...and another one of you will be practicing too!

Did you get a good deal on the Core system? What car(s) does your brother have? I look forward to meeting him!

russp
2007.10.23, 08:43 AM
Alright, I know that Art, Russ, and Billy have tracks besides are main track that we will be racing on at Patrick's. Well, if you didn't know already, I also have been able to setup a track with a Core Lap Counter at my bro's house in Acworth! :D
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/hescobal/RCPtrack007.jpg

Dimension of the track are approximately 25'x12'. My bro and I have been racing alot on it, and now with the Core lap counter, hes really trying to be more consistant and get his car tuned right! He asked me when we'll start racing, and he's possibly looking forward to checking it out on 11/3.

Anyways, he told me if anyone was interested in racing for fun at his place, just relay it to me, and I can tell him so that he can set up a date. Also, if anyone does decide to come over and needs a transponder, I can lend one out for the day ;)

Looks great. Did you order some blank tiles? Looks like you did since based on the pic. That's one thing I wish I could trade some of my side straights for that I got in my 4th wide oval kit from the shack. It would be nice to be able to widen up some areas on my track.

Have fun. Sorry that I won't be ever over to race though as Acworth is too dang far from me!

pinoyboy
2007.10.23, 09:52 AM
I didn't order any blank tiles. The track is made up of 1 Wide L and I bought 3 Wide ovals from RS, leaving me 16 tiles to spare.I wish the room was 20 inches wider so I could do more variation, but its ok. My bro and I still have fun :p

I am kinda far i guess, but I'm actually use to driving alot. I'm here at SPSU during the week, and on some days I go pick up my girlfriend at GSU and take her back to l'ville. Then, I see her again on saturday, driving from acworth to l'ville, and then I drove home to stone mountain that night and leave for Acworth again on Sunday. I'm also thinking about doing 1/18 offroad carpet in calhoun :eek:

Anyways, if anyone would be interested in doing some practice days at their home track, i'd be willing to take my core with me. By the way Russ, were you ever able to get some times on your HFAY style layouts? :confused:

russp
2007.10.24, 09:46 AM
I got one or two times using Patrick's system. I still think about making at least a simple timing system for home. I have much of the software code on the PC side done, just would need to do hardware. I've just been spending too much of my race time on online racing lately. :)

TruReaper(Chad)
2007.10.24, 11:08 PM
Pinoyboy... whats up im not sure if you remeber me from hobbymart but i am racing 18th at Primetime in Calhoun Our first race will be this saturday for the 18th scale racing will start at 5