PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening in C-ville

Spoon
2007.10.22, 08:00 PM
Just a quick update on the latest Mini-Z happenings in Central VA.

We have been running every Tuesday at the hobby shop for while. Last week was a clean, disassemble, repair day so hopefully we'll be ready for a test and tune session this week.

We are also hoping to host a little GTG next Sunday (the 28th) for a few of the NoVA guys. I think we'll be able to setup the track around 1:30.

Also, Charlottesville Mini Speedway has got a new website that is still taking shape but has some useful information from our weekly GTG's.

http://minispeedway.gamebit.com/

We are distributing a bunch of flyers around town later this week and hopefully this will help bring a few more racers to the mix. If I can get a consistent crew to show up, I'll probably spring for a lap counter...only time will tell.

TALLGEESE
2007.10.22, 08:08 PM
Me, Matt, The Ringer, and possibly Kenontap and one of The Ringer's friends are most likely planning to come down to C-ville for the 28th.. Spoon, are they still running on Arch's old track?? I think you said the hobbystore got a newer one.. How good is the grip on the current track setup??

Spoon
2007.10.22, 08:11 PM
Me, Matt, The Ringer, and possibly Kenontap and one of The Ringer's friends are most likely planning to come down to C-ville for the 28th.. Spoon, are they still running on Arch's old track?? I think you said the hobbystore got a newer one.. How good is the grip on the current track setup??

I picked up a track from a hobby shop that was closing down last year when I went up to Jersey. The traction is almost identical to Arch's track.

If Ken is coming down I wonder if he would mind bringing down his CORE. I'll see if I can't catch up with him via email or on the forums.