PDA

View Full Version : Prototype F1 Bumper

Z_408
2007.10.24, 07:33 PM
Just got this back from the rapid prototype people. It is a new F1 bumper. It is designed to use with RCP tracks. Anyone who has used the Mini-Z F1 on RCP knows the problem, they get stuck under the rails. This new bumper has tall sides on the front that will keep it from getting stuck. Let me know what you guys think.

Z_408

www.insidelineracing.com/pictures/CIMG0223.JPG

www.insidelineracing.com/pictures/CIMG0224.JPG

www.insidelineracing.com/pictures/CIMG0221.JPG

www.insidelineracing.com/pictures/CIMG0222.JPG

phea
2007.10.24, 11:10 PM
Looks pretty sweet, but the pictures are a little blurry

michvin
2007.10.24, 11:49 PM
two possible problems:
the side walls might break easily
90 degree front corners might get stuck and every encounter with the barrier will spin the car out

Z_408
2007.10.25, 02:46 AM
two possible problems:
the side walls might break easily
90 degree front corners might get stuck and every encounter with the barrier will spin the car out

What you see now is just a prototype. In the end the walls will nost likely be make of graphite or carbon fibre. The lower section will be billet Al. Also, in the finished product there will be not 90 degree angles that would get caught.

Spoon
2007.10.25, 09:05 AM
I think you should try to macro mode on your camera. :p

Looks like an interesting idea...I would like to see some better pictures though.

leonen
2007.10.25, 09:07 AM
What you see now is just a prototype. In the end the walls will nost likely be make of graphite or carbon fibre. The lower section will be billet Al. Also, in the finished product there will be not 90 degree angles that would get caught.

Is that an F1? (.....)

Twenty-Se7en
2007.10.29, 03:44 AM
aluminum ... you're not worried about the weight shifting more towards the front of the car. The F1s might get a little too tail happy if you make it too heavy.

Z_408
2007.10.29, 03:14 PM
aluminum ... you're not worried about the weight shifting more towards the front of the car. The F1s might get a little too tail happy if you make it too heavy.

We have an all Al prototype that we are testing right now with no problems. With this new bumper we are removing the original plastic one under the car and also removing the front wing. This bumper should be as light or lighter than the Atomic one.

grymg
2007.11.07, 06:57 PM
This is awesome, I never thought you would have time to make it. Can't wait to get to insideline and test it out. I've been busy but will be there definitely with the F1.

Ian

Z_408
2007.11.08, 06:30 PM
This is awesome, I never thought you would have time to make it. Can't wait to get to insideline and test it out. I've been busy but will be there definitely with the F1.

Ian

Good to hear from you. I heard from Fernando that you are busy Saturdays. I never though I would have the time either. I am on the third version now and the final one is almost done. I am pretty excited. I hopes this brings more interest to F1.

See you at the track.