PDA

View Full Version : Race Results

Pages : [1] 2 3

Breeze
2007.10.26, 09:53 AM
Here are the results from the 10/25/07 race. There were 9 racers total. We were missing about 6 regulars.

Breeze
2007.11.06, 10:04 AM
Here they are:

Breeze
2007.11.09, 10:40 AM
We had a really great turnout last night of about 20 racers. Here are the race results:

Breeze
2007.11.17, 05:35 PM
Here they are:

Breeze
2007.12.06, 02:00 PM
We broke in the new RCP track and here are the results:

Breeze
2007.12.07, 11:15 AM
There was a protest of the final standings of the Heat A Group C race. The winner had a couple of very short laps of 3 to 4 seconds. The timing loop was too close to an adjacent lane and will be moved. Great night of racing, Guys! The wide radius turns made a big difference and the expansion pack will make an even bigger difference. It was also decided to remove most of if not all of the bump strip rails and replace w/ straight ones. Also it was moved that the club will take up another collection soon to purchace a wide radius turn kit. Here are the results:

Breeze
2007.12.14, 04:38 PM
Good turnout last night! The expansion kit was installed and we had a lot of fun.

Breeze
2008.01.11, 01:33 PM
Real good turnout last nite. Congrats to the class winners, Wade, Tommy, Joshua and Aaron!

mleemor60
2008.01.11, 08:54 PM
Thanks Lara for getting the info out. I'm on the road and needed a fix. How did you like the home made corners? Wade did a good job with them. I ordered a wide oval and a wide L today. Can't test at home on carpet then try to race on RCP. I should be back next week but might still be on the road.

Thanks again for getting the info out.
Curmudgeon

Breeze
2008.01.11, 10:53 PM
Thanks, Mike
I think the custom made radiused corners looked great. It is a fun track. Have a good trip and be safe.

Breeze
2008.01.26, 06:31 PM
Boom! Good Fast Racing

Breeze
2008.02.06, 12:55 PM
Sorry for the delay, I have been too busy. We are missing the results of the B Main. I did not get them form the shop. It was a great race with Tommy Lane again sweeping both stock and modified. We also had a 1/18th scale contingent as well as a great F1 event. Welcome to Pedro. He was very fast and a friendly competitor - just what we need more of in this great hobby/sport.

Breeze
2008.02.08, 01:28 PM
Real good turn out last night about 15 racers in all. We got to see our friend Tommy Lane once more before he heads off to New Jersey. Thanks everyone!

pick
2008.02.29, 01:46 PM
Great racing last night at HSH. We had a good turnout and very competitive as usual with loads of fun. Results are attached. Click on to enlarge.
James

pick
2008.03.28, 07:59 PM
Another great night of racing at HSH. Big THANKS goes out to Michael Honeycutt!! For those of you who don't know, he left work and drove to HSH just to fix the computer and didn't even get to race. If it weren't for his help, racing wouldn't have happened. All classes were very competitive and loads of fun as usual. Congrats to Todd Waters and Rodney Combs who easily had the rest of us covered. Howabout that Conor Combs in the novice class?! Looking forward to next week, race results are attached.
James

pick
2008.04.04, 12:10 PM
Great turnout @ HSH last night with some new and old faces! Lap times were smoking fast and competition was close. Pedro, you're killin us in the prostock class with an astounding 62 laps! Rodney Combs took open modified and as usual his son Conor won the novice stock. Prostock better watch out for Conor, cause he's coming hard. F1 was a great race, but we had a problem with the counting system. So, the only thing we know for sure is that Rodney won as usual. Results are attached. Congrats to all winners and looking forward to seeing everyone next week!
James

pedrocamp
2008.04.04, 04:24 PM
Did I hear something about plans to organize a LARGE track event some weekend? That would be great. I'd love to run and would help with setup etc...
Great racing again. Gotta get the caster wheels off the back of my F1, thanks to Mike M for the loaner ride. Handled nice, just can't prang it. I was impressed with the way Jay's 2.4 steered, very accurate. Might be time to trade the old 02 in.

Hope Vicky wasn't to hot about running late. Thanks again HSH!

Pedro

pick
2008.04.05, 12:51 PM
Pedro,
Myself and Jay are trying to organize the event and would welcome any help. My main goal is to get as much participation in the actual racing as possible. I have access to a 80,000 sq. ft. building in Charlotte with bathrooms, heat/ac, gated parking lot, etc. Between myself, Jay, and Norman we have A LOT of track. However, we could always use more?? The racing will be free to everyone, and I'm talking to HSH about letting them set up shop for sales and parts as a token of appreciation for all they do for us. We're shooting for a Sat. race in May, but I have access to the bldg. for anytime we want. I think Mike Moore may let us use his core sys. for counting. One thing I know we'll need are tables and chairs. There are plenty of elec. outlets. Any input or help would be appreciated.
James

cosmicsoul
2008.04.09, 01:53 AM
I think collectively we have enough track to make something twice the size as HS it would only be 2 tile wide but who cares (myself I have 4 wide L's and 1 wide oval). I think the recent Atomic race in NY was only 2 wide. Anyway I think we are going to have a big time. I am excited I think we are shooting for a Saturday May 17. Unfortunately. Iwill not be able to make it today, but will see you all next week. Have fun racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

pedrocamp
2008.04.09, 06:53 AM
With a large track cars will be more spaced out so 2 wide would be fine I think. The May 17 weekend would be good for me.
Does the building have power? Is it office or warehouse space? Will we need tables, track lighting? Look forward to it...
Pedro

cosmicsoul
2008.04.09, 11:44 AM
I think James has arranged for table and chairs, I am going to bring a few myself. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a few for yourself just in case. As far as power I think there is plenty. I am sure the facility has lighting but am not 100% certain. I think by the middle of next week should have a more solid plan with all the details ironed out. Glad to see your interest!!!!! I wonder if there is any one out there in MINI-Z land that is interested?

Jay

cosmicsoul
2008.04.09, 11:49 AM
With the amount of track that we have collectively we should be able to build a track with one of the 5 wide L layouts on the sight of the provided link. To be honest I think we probably have enough to build one even bigger.

Jay

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Tracks.html

pedrocamp
2008.04.09, 04:44 PM
I think we should spread the word. Let pinoyboy know. Post in the Event Forum. Maybe print up some flyers and post in consenting hobby shops in Greensboro and Charlotte. Before you know it you've got a concession stand and a "Discount Race Queen".

Pedro

mleemor60
2008.04.09, 07:36 PM
I think we should spread the word. Let pinoyboy know. Post in the Event Forum. Maybe print up some flyers and post in consenting hobby shops in Greensboro and Charlotte. Before you know it you've got a concession stand and a "Discount Race Queen".

Pedro

Just came back from Myrtle Beach. Today spent time with HRDRVR at his facility. Nice setup. Complete dedicated race room. Talked with him about getting a group together and coming up. Definetly let Hank and the Atlanta crowd know. Probably should contact Spoon and the group from Charlottesville VA. There is a group in Columbia SC also. You could get this completely out of hand in no time if you try.

I just ordered another dozen CORE transponders just in case. Some discussion should be held real soon.

Crusty

cosmicsoul
2008.04.09, 08:09 PM
This is good!!!!!!!! What about F-1 transponders. Would you lend people transponders or sell them. It might be easier to buy some more and sell them at cost or whatever you decide to make life easier on everyone, who knows just a thought, I definately think it would be easier than sharing. I guess they probably share transponders at the big events though because the GIRO-Z sytem only allows 24 transponders total. Anyway Mike this is your area. I am sure you will come up with the least complicated system to accomadate everyones needs. Sounds like you have the system pretty well figured out anyway. I wonder if anyone else has any input. I guess we need to get the date set in stone so we can get some of the other logistics underway. Pedro it sounds like you have a feel for getting the event thread going, talk to James about the date tommorrow and maybe we could officially start our campaign. Hope you guys have a great time racing tommorrow. I will be supporting my daughter tommorrow at her senior project benefit concert.

Jay

pick
2008.04.12, 10:16 PM
Another great night of racing at HSH. The competition just gets thicker every week. Congrats to Rodney, Pedro, and Dale for their wins. Can't wait til next week!! Results are attached.

n2rc
2008.04.13, 10:38 PM
can we please put the track back the way it was before thursday nights race. i agree that the transponder loop needed to be in front of the computer at a low speed corner due to wheel hopping issues in the high speed first corner. now the track has been completely turned around with the straight away in front of the pit tables and the transponder loop still at the end of the front stretch and an even worse wheel hop issue. i saw cars getting some air saturday due to the hump. everyone was just getting used to the old design and turning nice, consistent, fast laps. i think all the f1 cars now have transponders now so that is not even an issue. i heard turn marshalling was possibly an issue on this change as well. thursday nights f1 race was the only problem i could see. turn marshalls do not need to stand between drivers on the front stretch while marshalling but somewhere near the corners out of the drivers line of sight. when they go to retrieve a car they need to get off the track as quick as possible. if we keep the track as it is now the transponder loop will have to be moved again to a slower section on the track. it would be easier to spin the track back the way it was. the table in front of the fuel is also in the way now. it is now in the first corner/second staightaway. at least before we had an open first corner/second straightaway for turn marshalling. if all else fails we need to move the pit tables back and pit looking at the front of the store so drivers can drive from that side but then you have to move the tables every thursday night and worry about someone tripping over the cords or kicking the transonder wires loose. this is merely suggestions, but i think spinning the track back around like it was is the best alternative (just leave the transponder cord in front of the computer). todd

tommy_greeneyes
2008.04.14, 01:29 PM
can we please put the track back the way it was before thursday nights race. i agree that the transponder loop needed to be in front of the computer at a low speed corner due to wheel hopping issues in the high speed first corner. now the track has been completely turned around with the straight away in front of the pit tables and the transponder loop still at the end of the front stretch and an even worse wheel hop issue. i saw cars getting some air saturday due to the hump. everyone was just getting used to the old design and turning nice, consistent, fast laps. i think all the f1 cars now have transponders now so that is not even an issue. i heard turn marshalling was possibly an issue on this change as well. thursday nights f1 race was the only problem i could see. turn marshalls do not need to stand between drivers on the front stretch while marshalling but somewhere near the corners out of the drivers line of sight. when they go to retrieve a car they need to get off the track as quick as possible. if we keep the track as it is now the transponder loop will have to be moved again to a slower section on the track. it would be easier to spin the track back the way it was. the table in front of the fuel is also in the way now. it is now in the first corner/second staightaway. at least before we had an open first corner/second straightaway for turn marshalling. if all else fails we need to move the pit tables back and pit looking at the front of the store so drivers can drive from that side but then you have to move the tables every thursday night and worry about someone tripping over the cords or kicking the transonder wires loose. this is merely suggestions, but i think spinning the track back around like it was is the best alternative (just leave the transponder cord in front of the computer). todd

If you can remeber the way we use to have the track ,when is was Carpet, the Loop was next to Vicky and it had a Bridge , so the cars go under it, and now you have no bumpsss,is that any help for you guys

And if i recall when i use to race with you guys, the reason of getting the RCP track was so you can change the track layout,every now and then, Good driver get around any layout, :D good luck everyone

tommy

hrdrvr
2008.04.14, 03:39 PM
I talked to mleemor60, and am really looking forward to what y'all come up with. There are a few guys from MB that will most likely make the trip as long as there arent any scheduling conflicts. If its something on a saturday, and at a time where we can make it a one day trip, it will help immensely.

Ill stay tuned to this thread for any updates, so if you guys start a new one for the event, please post a link here.

pick
2008.04.15, 09:42 PM
Hrdrvr,
Thanks for your interest! As of now, it's definitely going to happen! We're looking at setting the date for Saturday, May 17. This date looks good for everyone right now. The location will be off of Sugar Creek Rd. in Charlotte,NC. This is less than 3 mi. off I-85. I have access to an 80,000 sq. ft. indoor facility that we can use however we want! We've had A LOT of track donated. And Mike Morse (mleemor60) has been nice enough to not only lend his core system, but also run the scoring and timing for the event. We will soon have a thread dedicated to the event for further info. Let me know what you and your friends think.
James

hrdrvr
2008.04.16, 08:55 AM
Suprisingly there are a few other guys showing interest as well. I wont promise anything as some of these guys will back out on me in a second, but I may be bringing a small group. Ill pass the date around and mark it on our schedule board so every one will have a reminder.

Landon

EDIT: Bah, thats the same day as the NASCAR race at charlotte. That will cancel out two of the guys, one of which said hed definitly come :( He will probably come by and watch some heats, but will have to leave for the race before the day would be through.

mleemor60
2008.04.16, 03:48 PM
Landon,
The All-Star race is Saturday night. We, I think, are planning to be done in time for anybody that wants to make it to do so. This site is just a short distance from the Speedway. Don't let them wuss out on you just cause the circus is in town.

Mike

hrdrvr
2008.04.17, 08:20 AM
Those guys are saying they are going over way early to try and beat the rush of traffic. Its all good though, they wont stop me from coming up there :D Im suprised to see how interested every one is though. I didnt think any one would want to come up there, but it sounds like a few other people may come to race.

Either way, I look forward to it. :D

pedrocamp
2008.04.19, 05:28 PM
The Diablo Sandwich Run Thread:
http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28279

A fun day of racing on a large RCP track, Saturday May 17 in Charlotte NC. Please plan to attend!

pick
2008.04.19, 06:03 PM
Great racing everyone! As usual Pedro and Rodney swept the field. However, they've got a few others closing in fast. Has anyone thought of sugar in the gas or accidental injuries:rolleyes:? Just kidding:D! Loads of fun as always and can't wait til next time. Results are attached.
James

pick
2008.05.12, 10:19 AM
Sorry for the delay on posting results:rolleyes:. Thursday was great as usual! Everyone seems to be making the field closer each week. Cars are getting faster, drivers getting better, and some face swapping in the classes:eek:!! Good attitudes and stiff competition made for a great night of racing. One thing I've changed on th posting is the novice stock. I think it's more accurate to call this the Stock B-Main due to the lap times that are being turned. As for the winners, Pedro waxed us as usual in F1 and Stock A. Wade came back with a vengeance winning the Mod B-Main, bumping up, and smoking everyone in the Mod A-Main. Fred also had a great night winning the Stock B! Looking forward to next Thursday and the Diablo Sandwich Run on Saturday:D!! Results are attached.
James

pedrocamp
2008.05.12, 04:13 PM
The speeds are really picking up. I don't think it will be long before we see a 64 lapper in mod if it stays clean. Wade was cooking and Todd was right behind him. Should be some great racing at the Diablo.

Pedro

pick
2008.05.16, 10:43 AM
Talking about a full night of racing :cool:!! All the drivers were fast and competitive as usual. Even though we were missing some regulars, some old faces joined us. The cars were unbelievably close :eek: only being seperated by fractions. Vicki announced that due to schedules, we wouldn't be able to race anymore during May. However, everyone stay tuned to the forums and HSH cause we'll be getting cranked back up shortly :D. And DON'T FORGET the DIABLO SANDWICH RUN this Saturday in Charlotte!! It's gonna be a great event :D. Congrats to the winners from last night, and results are attached. I can only attach 5 results, so check the next post for the Stock results.
James

pick
2008.05.16, 10:47 AM
Ok, here's the Stock results from last night. We had so many races, I couldn't fit them on one post :eek:!! I want a DIABLO SANDWICH and make it quick :D!!
James

pick
2008.05.19, 10:16 AM
Saturday was a great day for all!! There's something to be said when you have a large group of competitive guys with very fast cars and everyone still has fun! I didn't hear any grumbling the entire weekend from anyone :cool:. That in itself says alot for our hobby! Special thanks to Mike and Debbie Morse who handled all timing and scoring. Without them, we couldn't have pulled it off. Also, thanks to everyone for helping setup, tear down, and clean up! It's nice to see that no one was left to do anything by themselves :cool:. Don't forget, all of our track was donated by racers :), so thanks to all that went to the trouble of tearing down their personal tracks for the weekend. I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's participation in the event! And howabout Tabush flying in to help, and race :). I figured he was a great racer, but had no idea what a good guy he is. Big thanks to him and Reflex Racing! One last thing that some of you might not know, Jay (cosmicsoul) was actually the one who came up with and initiated the idea of having a BIG RACE! Without Jay's vision and help this race wouldn't have happened. So, thanks Jay! Now for the racing....dude, there were some smoking fast cars in every class, and heat :eek:!! One problem with the results is that it printed only transponder numbers and no names. Hopefully, everyone remembers their #. I do know that Tabush was #23, Rodney-#21, Pedro-#18, Todd-#22, Hrdrvr-#6, and Wade-#24. The reason I know this is because they were constantly waxing me :eek:!! All these guys had great finishes throughout the day. Congrats to Tabush who won every class he drove in! And to Pedro who won the Stock A-Main because someone from Texas forgot their Stock car :p. Just kidding :D!! How bout that Wade? Talking about coming back with a vengeance during the mains :eek:. Looking forward to doing it again, and can't wait for another thursday @ HSH :). Results are attached to two posts.
James

pick
2008.05.19, 10:18 AM
Here's the rest of the results :D.
James

hrdrvr
2008.05.19, 10:41 AM
Thanks for posting those up! I only glanced at the mod A-main results. I was trying to remember Pedro passing me, as I was shown a lap down to him. He never got me on the track, but the timer worked to his advantage to get that last lap finished. He would have had me anyway if the race went much longer. He was on his way to catching me as it was :D

I really wish Wade and I would have had better luck in the stock A-main. The battle from 2nd to 4th was a good one. He and I both had cars good enough to compete, but luck wasnt on our side. Thats racing though, and I was very proud to have even made the A with the competition level as high as it was. It would have been really interesting if you threw us in the mix on the same lap with the other guys chasing Pedro :D

pedrocamp
2008.05.19, 10:59 AM
I do remember racing to the line to get that extra lap. I think I crossed it when Mike hit 2on the countdown! It was a great race and it was far from easy to win it.
Cristian didn't race stock not because he forgot his car but because he loaned it to me for the mod class. It was a sweet handling car. That quy knows his Z's.
I didn't properly mention Jay in my previous posts but that guy is nuts for Mini Z's and really pushed this deal through. We all need to get up to Greensboro to race sometime and save him the drive. He even stayed in a hotel with his family for the Diablo!

Pedro

pedrocamp
2008.05.19, 11:01 AM
I think Mike has the list of names to numbers for the reults. I will try to get him to post it.

cosmicsoul
2008.05.19, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the props, it's amazing what a few guys can do when they put there heads together. I think that everybody who raced helped out at some capacity. I am working out a new layout for my office track as we speak its only 7 tiles by 14 tiles, 2 plus wide L's fun none the less. I have a core as well, haven't got it going but will soon. Anyway if any one is up for some racing some Saturday or Sunday afternoon just say when. A friday night might work as well. I wonder when we might do another big race, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Jay

pedrocamp
2008.05.20, 06:14 AM
Here are the drivers names corresponding to the numbers on the results pages:

6 Landon T
7 Michael H
8 Rylan W
9 Dale W
10 Jay V
11 Bob L
12 Conner C
14 Norman B
15 Todd G
16 Earl P
17 Josh S
18 Pedro C
19 Fred A
20 James P
21 Rodney C
22 Todd W
23 Cristian T
24 Wade S

dhamby123
2008.06.03, 09:09 AM
Hey guys i just bought a mini z mr02 mm and it should be on my door step soon im planning on coming out and racing with you guys some and get some parts . i was wondering what most of you guys put on the cars for the stock class a list of good parts would be great.. i have raced there before with a mini t back when you guys raced on the carpet i havent been up that way since you guys put in the rcp track so as soon as i get the car in ill head up that way just for kicks does mike metser still race with you guys if so tell him the big guy from a and h is coming out to race .. anyways looking foward to racing with you guys soon thanks danny

mleemor60
2008.06.03, 03:24 PM
Glad to hear you are still around. Sorry that the shop closed up there. I'm still trying to talk Tim H into a full time Z gig. I think that He and I are going over to Easley this weekend for some insanity. I'm having a hard time getting up for it though. We are running on Thursday so come on down, car or not. I'll do my best to fix you up with a ride. Heard anything from Tyler?

One of our guys that comes down from GBO has a track set up at his office. We will introduce you to him so you can hook up up there.

See ya there.

Mike Morse

dhamby123
2008.06.03, 06:23 PM
opps sorry man got you last name wrong .. anyway i havent talked to tyler in about 2 months he is going to forsyth tech and i dont think he has much time .. ive been running 1/24th slots . and i miss the rc so i figure the mini z will be enough to give me my rc fix hopefully the car im getting is in good shape but im sure ill have to put bearings in it along with a diff and some sus. parts i have some batteries on order from cheap battery packs .com that i know are really good cells and i have 3 chargers one slow one quick and a 15 minute deal so i shouldnt have to get a lot othere than the bassics im just trying to figure out if i am getting the m02 with the newer fets not sure how to find out until i get the car to look at them .. i will do my best to get up there thursday night i have to work so it will be at least 7.30 before i can make it because my boss is out of town well good to hear from you tell tim i said hello and that if im gonna race the z,s he needs to run to ..

pick
2008.06.06, 01:45 PM
Another great night of racing @ HSH :). We were missing some regulars :(, but gained some new faces. Regardless, the competition was close with blazing speeds and quick lap times. Pedro was in the winner's circle as usual. However, he was joined by a resident old pro, Lara (Breeze) :eek:! Lara gave Pedro a run for his fishing hat and ultimately took the win in Stock A-Main :cool:. Lara also tied our stock lap record with 63 laps. This obviously inducts Lara into Pedro and Rodney's track record club :D. I believe we'll race again thursday after next. Looking forward to it! Results are attached.
James

dhamby123
2008.06.06, 09:21 PM
Hey guys nice to have meet you all last night i now have my car and will be out to race at the next event you guys have i also may have a friend of mine coming to run to he is working on getting a car . oh mike you are right the tires that come with the bodies suck nooooooo grip unless your on sand paper ie concrete . anyway c you guys next time thanks danny AKA TEAM DRAGON

nbon
2008.06.06, 10:36 PM
Another great night of racing @ HSH :). We were missing some regulars :(, but gained some new faces. Regardless, the competition was close with blazing speeds and quick lap times. Pedro was in the winner's circle as usual. However, he was joined by a resident old pro, Lara (Breeze) :eek:! Lara gave Pedro a run for his fishing hat and ultimately took the win in Stock A-Main :cool:. Lara also tied our stock lap record with 63 laps. This obviously inducts Lara into Pedro and Rodney's track record club :D. I believe we'll race again thursday after next. Looking forward to it! Results are attached.
James

:cool:James I just wanted to tell you that you are doing a GREAT job!

NEBTH

cosmicsoul
2008.06.06, 10:55 PM
Well, bless the LORD my wife let me have WED off and me and Earl got some practice time in. I had a great time as Earl hasn't had much practice in a while. It was rather gratifiying to be quite honest after he pretty much spanked me at the DIABLO. I have been running a 98mm setup lately that seems to be the ticket. Anyway I am a little depressed that my 94mm set up is not up to speed. Anyway I guess I will just have to deal with it. Well the big graduation party is tommorrow and hopefully the wife will give me permission next week to come and play with you all. Hope everyone has a great weekend you are in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to have such a great group of friends.

Jay Vasquez

cosmicsoul
2008.06.06, 11:05 PM
Just checked out the race results, looks like James Pickard is in the hunt with a second place 58 laps in F-1 and 3rd with 60 laps in the Stock A main. Wow!!! Way to go James!! Pedro, Rodney, Lara and Wade you all better put your heads together and fiqure out how to squeeze another lap or two in, cause the sheriff is in town!!!!!!:)

Jay Vasquez

Breeze
2008.06.20, 12:55 PM
We had a good turn out last night but were missing a few faces. Rodney cleaned up winning all of the classes he ran! One of our new racers, Danny took the win in the Stock B Main. Good racing guys! We also got to celebrate Vicki's birthday and enjoyed some delicious cake and ice cream provided by our resident Crusty Curmudgeon, Mike!! :P Next race will be on July 10th. We will run the course clockwise next time. That will be fun and different! Hope to see everyone there.

dhamby123
2008.06.20, 06:28 PM
Guys i had a great time last night my car felt very good not bad for my first race with a mini z lots more to do. mike thanks for all the help and thanks to the owners of hsh you guys do a great job ..Danny h

drsmooth
2008.06.20, 10:13 PM
I also had a great time running the "oldie but goodie".;) Thanks to Mike for the use of the crystals.:) Our's are on the way.

tribe
2008.07.11, 01:03 AM
It was fun racing tonight running the "wrong" direction - clockwise. Completely different track with a very fast entry into a tight Turn 1. However, there was not as much carnage at the end of the front straight as first expected.

Vicky mentioned that it we probably won't race again until the beginning of August. Hope to see everyone next time!

Bob

dhamby123
2008.07.11, 08:55 AM
once again had a great time guys although i cant wait to get back to running in the correct dir. thanks to the hobby shop for having us

Breeze
2008.07.11, 04:43 PM
Sorry for having to cut out so early. I need the points w/ the wifey as I usually run a pretty big deficit. Anyway, the vet could not find what caused our dog to choke and my wife later found the suspected bottlecap on the counter. It was probably a peice of a rawhide bone that was the culprit. The dog is fine now and my wallet is lighter by $367, thank you very much :mad:

Lara

cosmicsoul
2008.07.11, 06:15 PM
Well better $367.00 than $763.00. Hope you have a great weekend. See you soon.

Jay :)

tribe
2008.07.12, 11:47 AM
Sorry for having to cut out so early. I need the points w/ the wifey as I usually run a pretty big deficit. Anyway, the vet could not find what caused our dog to choke and my wife later found the suspected bottlecap on the counter. It was probably a peice of a rawhide bone that was the culprit. The dog is fine now and my wallet is lighter by $367, thank you very much :mad:

Lara

Glad to hear the dog is okay. $367 should buy you lots of points... or mini-z parts...

Bob

yasuji
2008.07.12, 04:15 PM
i will be out on tthe east coast in a few weeks and would like to come out an drive with you guys..... what are the times and days, pics of the layout and what kinda tires do u use there @ hsh

Breeze
2008.07.12, 06:23 PM
Here are a few pics of the track before some expansion tiles were added. I like Reflex Racing for rears or some PN RCP 6's or 8's. Front depends on your driving style and set-up. any where from PN 8's up to 20's. Racing is on Thursday nights from 7 to about 9:30. We have been a little sporatic lately so you might want to check as it gets closer to your trip. Looking forward to meeting you!

mleemor60
2008.08.10, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the patience folk's. I've never posted results before so I'm going to try to do it the only way I know how. As everybody knows the summer is a tough time to maintain a schedule that we all can keep what with family relocations, schedule changes routine vacations an the frantic NASCAR season where free time is virtually non existent. We have had some really good turnouts and some exceptionally competitive events. Thursday night wasn't a cakewalk for any of the winners. I guess having a Nationally ranked visitor in the house just bring out the best in everybody.

In stock, Pedro C still held sway with a 63 lap performance and a best lap of 6.920. Finishing a strong second was the Ragin Cajun with 62 laps and a best of 6.939. Finishing 3rd after to long a layoff was James P. with a credible 60 laps and a best of 7.224. Rounding out the field was Norman(do you like my hat)B., myself and Michael F.

In F-1 we had an unusually lite field but a good race none the less. Winning the event was relative newcomer Kerry M. with an outstanding 60 lap performance with a nearly stock car. Second was James P. with a solid 56 lap run. Third was Jay V. with 51 laps. Rounding out the field after way to long an absence was Jason P. Welcome back Jason.

In the Modified B, Norman(it really is a nice hat)B ran away with a 53 lap run. Second was Jay V. with 46 laps. Finishing third was Earl P. with 45 laps. Rounding out the race was Todd G. with 44 laps.

The Modified A turned out to be the race of the evening. Visiting from California, PN team driver Grant(yasuji)M. spent the evening oblitherating our track record. Although the total lap count was as usual less than the stock, Grant's 62 lap run with a best race lap of 6.527 was enough to cement the victory. Finishing second with an outstanding run was James(missed it by that much)P. with 60 laps and a best of 7.476. Finishing third was Lara(I really am a Cajun,really)P. with 59 laps and a best of 6.841. Fourth after bumping up from the "B" was Norman(it's made of straw)B with 53 laps. Pedro C. uncharacteristically brought up the rear after being sidelined with handling concern on a new AWD set-up.

It was a very good night. I would suggest that those of you that didn't make it to make an extra effort to be there the 21st of August for the next race. Grant M. will make a return trip to be with us. As long as his business keeps him on the right side of the country, He doesn't want to miss an opportunity. He is a really nice guy and has been helpful to a number of us with knowledge an advice. To give up an opportunity to at least meet him is a loss.

Nuff Said!!

The Grump

mleemor60
2008.08.22, 08:36 AM
Last night we had a lite turnout due to many racers performing parental duties with school orientations and such. On top of that we were missing our star timing and scoring leader. The group had pretty much resigned ourselves to a practice night when in walked Vicki and said let's go. We decided on a short format of one heat and a main for stock and mod with the plan to be done by eight. The stock main ran with eight cars and the "Ragin Cajun" winning with 60 laps and a best of 7.062. Second through fifth was pretty much a dog fight with Earl(I'm working on it)P finishing second with 54 laps and a best 7.873. Third was Norm(the hat man)B with 53laps and a best of 7.792. Jay(aye chihuahua)V was fourth with 52 laps and a best of 7.967. Fifth was Aaron( I'm starting to get the hang of this)[sorry missed your last name] also with 52 laps but no transponder.Rounding out the field was Dale(where have you been?)W, myself and Dales son Rylan with 48, 42 and 38 respectively.

Once again Yasuji-san was in the house. It's a good thing this guy isn't around all the time or we would have to set up a longer track. During practice he ran a BLISTERING!!! 5.984 second lap. Yes folks thats 5.984. If I hadn't been watching I'm not sure I would have believed it. In fact the computer spit it back as under the minimum set per lap. My friend's it was the real deal.

The modified main saw the So-Cal Samurai set sail for what turned out to be another HS record of 65 laps in 8:04.988 minutes with a best race lap of 6.529. The Ragin Cajun ran out of breath(us grown ups do that sometime) but was an easy second with 60 laps and a best of 6.851. I ran third with 48 laps(no times, don't ask). Norm(TAXI!!)B finished fourth with 47 laps and a best of 7.798 and rounding out the field was Jay(Speedy Gonzalez)V with 46 laps and a best of 7.997

I hope that having Grant and his lovely and enabling wife Kelly with us for the past two events has been as much fun for all as it has been for me. Again I say that this group is fortunate in that on two occaisons this year we had the opportunity to compete with what I think we would all agree are two of the top five drivers in the country. Not to forget a real fine competitor and all around nice guy (HRDRVR) from Myrtle Beach. Speaking of which Grant is headed for today to see what kind of havoc he can bring to their group tonight.

That's all for now. See ya at the track

Breeze
2008.08.22, 11:58 AM
Hey Grump, love the write up. Had fun last night.
Breeze

pedrocamp
2008.08.22, 12:35 PM
Maybe I am glad I didn't show up... would've had a sore bottom from the spankin"

No comments NORM!

tommy_greeneyes
2008.08.22, 12:42 PM
just stop by to say hi to the guys i use to race with, miss you guys, i will race the PN Regional Race.

you guys are a great group i miss racing with,:D:D:D

Breeze
2008.08.22, 10:15 PM
Hi Tommy Good to hear from you, call me sometime - or I will call you.
Breeze

yasuji
2008.08.22, 11:38 PM
Maybe I am glad I didn't show up... would've had a sore bottom from the spankin"

No comments NORM!

ALL RIGHT FELLAS .....I GOTTA SAY, I HAD A BLAST RUNNING WITH YOU GUYS
LOOKING FOWARD TO RUNNING WITH YOU ALL IN THE FUTURE
WHEN EVER ANY OF YOU ARE IN SO CAL DONT HESITATE TO LET ME KNOW,
ILL SET UP MPT MINIZ , AND WEEL RUN SOME 30 MIN ENDURO TRIPPLE "A" MAINS:D
HOPE TO SEE YALL IN VEGAS:cool:

mleemor60
2008.09.05, 04:18 PM
We had a nice turn out last night. eighteen entries in stock and ten in F-1. James took the results so I guess he will post as soon as he gets the chance.

I can't even give much of a narrative as I ran both classes and was busier than I normally am. I am proud to say that I only finished last in one class.

Be patient, results soon. With that car count most everybody was there anyway.

pick
2008.09.05, 07:01 PM
Wow! What a great night of racing at HSH! The cars were fast, lap counts were high, and the competition thick :eek:! It was great to get back to our usual schedule. There was a good turnout too. Had a few new faces, but missed a couple of old regulars that hopefully will make it next week :). The "new" rules worked perfectly, and I think the arrangement of classes went very smoothly :cool:. That freakin' Pedro dude smoked us again in the stock A main :mad:. I think he could probably beat us, regardless of the car he's driving :eek:. And how about that Norm barely beating a 9 year old to take the stock B main? However, I think I saw Norm sabotage Conor's car :D. Then there's Todd Waters driving a nearly perfect F1 race with a huge field for the win :D. Seriously guys, I think last night was some of the best and closest racing in all the classes that I've ever seen. Even with the competition that close, no one was too busy to lend a helping hand to anyone that needed it :cool:. Good racing, lots of fun, nobody mad.......that's what we're all about :D. Can't wait to see all of you next week :D! Race results are attached.
James

drsmooth
2008.09.05, 10:08 PM
WOW!!!:eek: What time did you guys get done? I hope there's that many F1s there in two weeks. I'm really hoping to be there then.:D

mleemor60
2008.09.05, 10:29 PM
Right at 9:30, we will do better next time. It was the first regular night back and there were a few new things to learn that took a little extra time.

pick
2008.09.26, 11:16 AM
Whew, that was one fast night of racing :cool:! We were missing some regulars :(, but hopefully everyone can make it next week when the gas thing gets under control. But high gas prices and shortages didn't hold Rodney Combs back from breaking the track lap record :eek:. Rodney ran an astonishing 65 laps in the Stock A-Main. And held everyone off for another win in the Modified class :eek:! Somebody's gotta catch that guy (or step on his car :rolleyes:). And check out that Jay (let's do a hat dance) Vasquez winning the Stock B-Main :D. Jay then posted an all time personal best lap count after bumping up to run the A-Main :cool:. We had a great night of racing in all classes. The lap times keep getting faster, lap counts higher, and the competition closer :eek:. There were 3 and 4 positions in every class spanning fractions of seconds. Great racing and lots of fun, that's what we're all about :). Can't wait for next week. See attached results.

pedrocamp
2008.10.03, 11:59 AM
I think fuel shortages, the eagerly anticipated Vice Presidential debate, ball games and such kept alot of our regulars from being able to attend but those that did saw Pedro beat Norm yet again in A Stock!
Actually the eight that came out had some fun racing. I don't have the results sheets but Zak and Rylan had great runs in B Stock with Jay taking the bump up. Jay would make it down to race if he had to heist a fuel tanker to get here! Dale did a Robert Kubica imitation and won F1 - Gratulacje!

Pedro

pick
2008.10.13, 10:24 PM
Sorry it took so long for me to get these posted. Regretfully, it has been a very busy weekend with the Nascar race. Anyways, it was another great night of racing @ HSH. The times just keep getting faster and faster :cool:. We were missing some regulars, but hopefully everyone's schedule will get back on track soon. Jay "let's do a hat dance" Vasquez stayed home to save his marriage :eek:. I can't believe he would put his wife before us and Mini Z's :p. The Crazy Cajun must have lost his motorcycle chain..........a real cajun would have walked ;). Wade's still going to football games supposedly (I think he's secretly creating a mini Z supercar to demolish us with):eek:. Norman won't bring any of his SC buddies back with hope that it'll increase his chances for winning :mad:. And Mike got sick :confused:. To say the least, we missed all of you and hope you'll make it next week. Regardless, nothing kept Rodney Combs from spanking us repeatedly and breaking the Lap Record.........AGAIN!!!!! Rodney ran an unbelievable 66 laps in the Modified Main :cool:. Maybe he'll fall and break a hand or something :rolleyes:. Knowing him, he'll still show up and beat us using a foot on the controller :D. Dale also ran great winning the Stock B Main and bumping up. There were some very close times across the board and I think you'll see some great racing in the future! Looking forward to next week, results are attached.
James

cosmicsoul
2008.10.14, 09:00 AM
Well hopefully I will see you all Thursday. Me and Earl had a good time at the ALS Charity race in Maryland. I didn't run worth a flipp. I did learn something glue your tires. Fronts and backs. Oh yeah make sure your transponder is counting before each heat. Aside from running for crap I did win a Spectrum DSM radio with 2 recievers and servos if anyone is interested? They must have given away at least 2 grand in prizes not to mention you got to keep your core transponders, race T-shirts, tires, stickers and free lunch(Deli style chicken sandwiches and wraps). Anyway see you all soon!

Jay

pedrocamp
2008.10.16, 12:27 PM
Won't be racing tonight, my mother in law, the battle ax, is in town. Actually I love her, don't let my wife see this post. I'll be wearing these new racing shoes next week, if I don't manage to trip Rodney and break his hand I'll step on his car instead, James.

Pedro

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm11/cojono/ClownShoes.jpg

pick
2008.10.17, 09:41 AM
Sorry fellows, but I wasn't able to make it either :(. I had to make the state some money. This whole working thing is getting out of hand..........maybe I'll just quit so we can devote more time to mini-z's :D. However, my wife and kids have gotten spoiled with that whole heat and air thing, having a place to live, and eating every meal :rolleyes:. They need to understand there are sacrifices to be made :p. I know what I could do.........give 'em to someone else for the race season, kinda like kenneling a pet for vacation :eek:. Hey, anybody in the market for a wife and two kids? Pedro, I'm glad someone finally stepped up to the plate for the Rodney problem :cool:. Between those shoes and Norman's usual driving, surely we can take him out :p!
James

pick
2008.12.02, 05:20 PM
If only my results posting was as fast as the lap times last Thursday :confused:. Hopefully everyone had a great Thanksgiving. As you can imagine, mine was very busy. But, better late than never.....right? Anyways, our last Thursday of racing for the year was GREAT :cool:! We had a lot of old heads drag back in and some new faces trading paint :eek:. Twas a fast night of very close racing. As usual there was lots of fun and stiff competition :D. Mike M. won the stock C main with a bump. Pedro scalded the stock B main and bumped also. But look out, because Todd Waters smoked us all in the stock A main :eek:. And Rodney Combs beat a HUGE F1 field down to take the F1 win. You've gotta check the results though, cause there was alot of very close racing in every class! As most of you know we won't be racing during December :(. But, you better be tuning your junk up and conditioning your batts for January! We're coming back to an all new points championship :cool:. I'm looking forward to some good racing. Stay tuned for scheduling, I can't hardly wait :). Results are attached.
James

cosmicsoul
2008.12.05, 08:00 AM
It would be cool if some one would post the new track layout if there is going to be one. Anyway hope everyone has a great Christmass.

Jay

dhamby123
2008.12.06, 12:12 AM
Hey guys. long time no see i got a call tonight from jay .he was telling me about the new series you guys are starting up soon and about the new layout . we have been running some 1/18th stuff outside and here and there for the past couple of months. but it is getting cold out . so we are planing on coming back to the z,s for the winter months jay told me that stock class (any single layer fets) would be running every race . i cant remeber what othere class he said would run every race as well. could you guys let me know iam thinking about selling (or equal trade) my mr02 and getting an f1 so that me and kerry can race the same class and be on track together on the same night. well look for. to seeing you guys again soon thanks danny .

cosmicsoul
2008.12.08, 08:46 AM
Any single layer fets plus x speed, speedy 07, or 05 stock class will be run every Thursday. Mod and F-1 will alternate week to week. For what it is worth you can run your stock car in MOD if you want more run time. Let Kerry know I will trade him a stock MRO2 chassis for his MAHA. I bet your have enough extra parts to build a race worthy MR02. That way you all could run at least one class every week not matter what the rotation or you schedule. Just food for thought. Hope to see you guys soon!

Jay

dhamby123
2008.12.08, 08:58 PM
ok i see i asked kerry and he has already sold the maha charger. on flea bay . i think he likes the f1,s better than the racers. me idk i just wanna run although i do like the scale bodies for the racers better. is the new layout up ? im gonna try to make a trip down to survey the new layout to see what needs to be done to my car . a pic. would be really nice if anyone has one . well looking forward to running a full season of mini-z this winter until then you guys take it easy .

dhamby123
2008.12.13, 04:23 PM
onybody out there? im going up to the shop thursday the 18 wondering if the track is gonna be up wasent sure if they may have taken it down due to christmas sesion? anyway . c you guys soon jay missed you last night at the slot track.

pedrocamp
2008.12.13, 06:47 PM
The big track is down, I believe a small oval was put up to allow more retail space. A new layout will be setup right after New Years. Mike can give you the real lowdown when he checks the forum. Look forward to racing with you in 09

Pedro

hrdrvr
2008.12.13, 07:06 PM
If any of you guys cant wait until after the new year to race, y'all are welcome to come down to the beach.

843 RC Hobbies in town just built a nice track facility. It looks like they will be racing saturdays.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30358

Traveler
2008.12.23, 02:45 PM
The big track is down, I believe a small oval was put up to allow more retail space. A new layout will be setup right after New Years. Mike can give you the real lowdown when he checks the forum. Look forward to racing with you in 09

Pedro

Can you define "right after New Years"?

I live in Winston Salem and can't wait to run my cars on a larger track than the large L+ I have at home. Although Pick invited me to race, I don't feel I am ready. I just want to run on a large track. Unfortunately I travel a lot on business except for the last 2 weeks of the year when I am home and on vacation. If somehow the large track is back up sooner, please let me know.

Thanks!

dhamby123
2008.12.24, 05:31 PM
where you at in winston thats where me and drsmooth are from . have you ever raced any other cars any where if so we prob have ran together at some point in time .

Traveler
2008.12.24, 11:24 PM
Peace Haven/Country Club area. Never raced any cars, but look forward to getting down to HSH and running on a large track when its up again. Got several Mini-Zs I'd like to test out.

pedrocamp
2008.12.25, 07:19 AM
Hey guys!

Track setup day should be Saturday Jan 3rd. We will have to confirm time with Jim and Vicki. The first race should be Thursday Jan 8th.

Happy Holidays. Pedro

dhamby123
2009.01.04, 06:13 PM
did the track get set up yest. ??? if so did anyone take a snap shot? any info on when the first race is ? thanks

pedrocamp
2009.01.04, 10:45 PM
The track did get setup Saturday. It is now perpendicular to the old layout and runs clockwise. The shop is doing some furniture moving. Wide 3 sections with some technical 2 wide.
Racing starts Thursday I believe, with stock and F1(?). I will be missing this Thurs but hope to be running the following week. I won't be in the shop again till then so I hope one of the boys can get some pictures up. I could do a Sketchup image if no one can.

Pedro

cosmicsoul
2009.01.04, 11:34 PM
So which direction have we been running? I guess its all the same. I just need to start practicing clockwise. I think most everywhere runs clock wise anyway? Well looking forward to racing again. Hopefully the gas prices will stay where there at through the season. Well look forward to seeing you guys soon.

Jay

Traveler
2009.01.05, 06:15 AM
I got a chance to stop by for the first time on Saturday and had a ball running on the track. Met Pedro, Dale and Mike among others and look forward to going back, but will be out of town this Thursday.

Will post a pic I took of the track if I can get it out of my phone :rolleyes:

Traveler
2009.01.05, 06:35 AM
Here is what I have... Hope it helps!
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26423&d=1231155298

dhamby123
2009.01.05, 05:30 PM
looks good just hope i can get the hang of running clock wise. i wont be there thursday either still working on my cars and not ready yet anyword on the race schedule / dates thanks look forward to seeing you guys soon thanks danny . thanks for the picture man nice pic for a phone camera ...

cosmicsoul
2009.01.12, 07:50 PM
Hey all,

Well I wasn't able to make it out Thursday, been busy trying to work things have been alittle slow in the paint business.

I have had my nose to the grind stone and things are picking up, so hopefully Earl and I will be able to venture out this Thursday!

How was the turn out, no one has posted anything did any one show up. What is the deal? Is there going to be any racing any Thursday?

Anyway if any one needs any painting, drywall, carpentry work or needs another Mini-z give me a call. Or just give me a call anyway cause that's what friends do 336-382-0719.

Jay :p

mleemor60
2009.01.12, 08:10 PM
Dale,Rylan,James and I were the only ones there so we had a good practice session. James got into the 6's with Dale and I not too far behind. It is going to be a good layout to race on. Patience will be rewarded. I think a well set up 98mm with a decently geared 70T will be good. It's easy to overpower it right now. Everybody will have to be on their best behavior with the F-1's but I think that six car fields with a bump will be fine. We wound up with a nice bank in the sweeper that if you hit it just right launches you into the hairpin right on line with some drift. Pretty cool really. Bring all your cars. As there wasn't actually any racing last week it might as well be dealers choice for the 15th.

There should be a fresh shipment of PN part's ready for next Thursday so if anybody needs anything it should be available.

Dale had your hardware from the beach.

pedrocamp
2009.01.13, 09:21 PM
Like to have been "practicing" with you guys, been a bit busy this month. I may not make it out this Thursday either, out of town. Really looking forward to racing soon! Looking forward to running again with the regulars and hopefully some new faces. With the economy a bit tight this is about as cheap as racing gets!

Pedro

cosmicsoul
2009.01.13, 09:48 PM
Thank GOD I aquired just about every Mini-z part I could ever possibly need before the economy or should I say my economy tanked! Good to see some activity on this thread. I am hoping to make it out Thursday. On a positive note gas is cheap! I hope to see everyone soon. I guess we are running stock and mod Thursday?

Jay

pedrocamp
2009.01.13, 10:02 PM
Not sure who is making that decision but Jim and Vicki do seem eager to get the racing going again. Jay, I hope you and Earl can make it down regularly. Gas is cheap, and I might need some parts!
I enjoyed meeting a lot of new friends last January when I moved to NC and started racing here and look forward to another fun season.

Norm? Where are you?

Breeze
2009.01.14, 11:23 AM
I am seriously itchin' to race, but work has got me too busy now. I will be putting in alot of OT this month and won't be able to make it up there until February. I do need some PN parts for my FI - I will probably call Jim and order them and have them shipped. See y'all soon!

Ragin' Cajun

pedrocamp
2009.06.05, 05:04 PM
I don't have official results but we did have a fun night of racing. We ran stock, mod and tried a heat and main of LM. LM being 70T motors, open boards and any LM or Pan body, no GT's or sedans. It was fun. James ran a LM Porsche, Wade ran an LM Mazda, Jay his Pan 02 and I ran my MRCG with a Pan body. I think we were all evenly matched, turned some good laps and had some good dicing. Hope we continue with this class, maybe just replace mod with this 70T class.
Stock was competitive with Wade taking TQ and the win. Jay was really racy, turning good laps and doin the hat dance on a few of us, good job!
Mod with I think 8-9 cars was mayhem, fenders flying but a good time. I managed to beat! Rodney but I apologize to all who I knocked out of the way to do it...
Maybe James will post the results, see you all next Thursday.

pick
2009.06.05, 06:37 PM
Sorry fellows, but I didn't bring the results home :o. I'll try to get back in the habit of posting results now that we're in full swing again :cool:. On a lighter note, last night was a blast. Holy crap was there some close racing :eek:!! Guys are trying out new cars and strategies. The 70t cars are a freakin' blast :D. I would definitely be in for racing them again. Fast cars, close racing, and good friends...that's what HSH is all about on Thursday nights :cool:. Can't hardly wait til next week.

Oh, and Pedro your apology is not accepted and I will still not vote for you!! In fact, I am currently forming a small group of us peasants to perform a hostile takeover.

James

pedrocamp
2009.06.06, 05:31 AM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm11/cojono/thumb_soman5.jpg

Chu want a revolucion eh? Les tawk abou it in the sugar cane...

-J-
2009.06.06, 10:14 AM
It's cool you guys tried an LM/Pan class. Just curious, were the LM cars or the pan cars generally faster? Or were they pretty evenly matched?

cosmicsoul
2009.06.06, 02:16 PM
Gwat I gwant is to ween!!!!!!!!!:mad:

The Mad Mexican:mad:

pick
2009.06.07, 02:21 PM
http://www.mymoviebanners.com/pics/scarface/scarface-4.jpg
We'll see how this works out for you my friend, Pedro. The uprising is coming.

James "Pacino"

pick
2009.06.12, 12:41 PM
Another great night of racing @ HSH . We were missing some regulars :(, but still had a great crowd :D. Regardless, the competition was close with blazing speeds and quick lap times. Rodney was in the winner's circle as usual. However, he just barely edged out Pedro on the last lap :eek:! Check out the final times between them in the Stock A-main. Talking about freakin' close :cool:. Aaron and Zack fought it out also in the C-Main with Aaron taking the win. And Yank took the B-main bumping to the A. I got lucky in the F1 :D. After viewing my Al Pacino post, Pedro was scared to race :rolleyes:. And Wade and Rodney had technical difficulties ;). But, I'll take it however I can get it :p. Great racing guys and even better sportsmanship, can't wait til next time :D. Results are attached.
James

Traveler
2009.06.12, 01:38 PM
Thanks for putting this out there James. Wish you would also post the Stock B-Heat 1 results. LOL:D

cosmicsoul
2009.06.12, 06:22 PM
Just thought I would mention that Marwan won the B main qualifier!!!!!!! Woot! Woot! Congratulations on your win buddy:D!!!!!!!! Hope to see you next week. Get your LM 70 turn cars ready guys!

:mad::mad::mad:The Mad Mexican:mad::mad::mad:

pedrocamp
2009.06.12, 06:57 PM
James, you have gone way over quota on smiley faces... I count 9! Jay made, I think, an unconscious effort to top you but he came up SHORT with 7, most were mean though. Marwan, pick it up, Just 1?
Fun night of racing again! It gets faster and tougher every week. My son Zak enjoyed himself too, hopefully he can race a bit more now that school is out.
Your little friend is cute James but I didn't get my F1 ready because it's in the shop being fitted with: cannons to blast Rodney's car, he is too fast; a bulldozer blade in front for lapping Wade, what is the matter with your car man?; and lastly a tazer shooter for James and Jay cause they put too many faces in their posts!
I just realized you can't add smiley faces in quick reply or I would have held down my mouse clicker on one for 15 seconds.... say hello to my little friend - smiley face machine gun!

See you all next week, LM fun.

pick
2009.06.13, 05:26 PM
Pedro,
The smiley faces will always have a home on my posts :). I welcome your challenge and respectfully request a duel at 15 paces. I have been currently training in Rex Kwon Do and would not recommend a physical confrontation....
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7443/rex02wy1.png

Also, I recently located an even older picture of us from grade school......
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6388/1249997629lrp1.jpg

It saddens me to see that our relationship has come to this point. Perhaps you would rather settle our dispute in a DANCE OFF!!

James
:confused: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool: :p :D

pick
2009.06.13, 05:51 PM
Thought everyone would enjoy a short clip of Jay "The Mad Mexican" dancing :eek:. No punn intended Jay :p. Jay is definitely welcome to participate in the DANCE OFF :D. For your viewing pleasure...

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6974/chappelle2015me0.gif

James

pedrocamp
2009.06.14, 12:38 PM
James:
You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it.

Pedro:
Bow to your sensei. BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

Thanks to: www.rexkwondo.com

This is really funny...

I love Jay's skills.

I think we lost a few posts here!

Traveler
2009.06.15, 07:18 AM
Just thought I would mention that Marwan won the B main qualifier!!!!!!! Woot! Woot! Congratulations on your win buddy:D!!!!!!!! Hope to see you next week. Get your LM 70 turn cars ready guys!

:mad::mad::mad:The Mad Mexican:mad::mad::mad:

Thanks Jay! Can't wait until this Thursday. Hopefully my flight back to CLT will be on time.

Traveler
2009.06.15, 07:20 AM
I think we lost a few posts here!

Do any of the HSH guys have editing capabilities here? Gees! Where did our whole conversation about spec class go? Am I in the wrong thread?:confused:

cosmicsoul
2009.06.15, 08:06 AM
Not sure what is going on with the threads. I spit up a mess of stuff the other day on this particular thread and it seems to be lost in space. Anyway hope to see everyone Thursday. Brian where are you?

Jay

-J-
2009.06.15, 08:14 AM
I think a lot of posts got lost in the rearrangement. I had a LM question thread open in the 'MR-02' sub-forum open and it doesn't exist any more? :confused: I don't know....

Traveler
2009.06.15, 08:33 AM
J, If you are still in HK, you should get the upgrades there before returning to the US since that is the source for most parts.

Look forward to meeting you at HSH.

-J-
2009.06.15, 09:14 AM
J, If you are still in HK, you should get the upgrades there before returning to the US since that is the source for most parts.

Look forward to meeting you at HSH.

I'm rounding up as much stuff as I can, but you can't really get PN or Reflex stuff over here, and that's about all I have left. Look forward to meeting you as well.

cosmicsoul
2009.06.15, 07:21 PM
Thought everyone would enjoy a short clip of Jay "The Mad Mexican" dancing :eek:. No punn intended Jay :p. Jay is definitely welcome to participate in the DANCE OFF :D. For your viewing pleasure...

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6974/chappelle2015me0.gif

James

I gwood opicially like to challenge dis fellow two a DANCE off to de DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any gwan is bwelcome to join off course, that is if jew are not afraid to DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvS-Vg92Xio

:mad:The not so MAD MEXICAN:)

pedrocamp
2009.06.15, 07:58 PM
Jay, Supersize me!

cosmicsoul
2009.06.17, 04:18 PM
I hope everyone is ready for the Thursday! Don't forget everyone we will be running stock and 70 turn LM. Should be fun!

Dance off to follow mains. Don't forget your dancing shoes. I think it is also election night so don't forget your documentation!

Pedro, Pedro he's are man if he can't do it no one can!
Vote PEDRO for PRESIDENT!

Paid for by the PEDRO4PRESIDENT.com Federation of MINI-z'ers for micro size government

Traveler
2009.06.20, 12:58 PM
James and Wade,

Check your PMs for info on AM boards I have available.

MZ

pick
2009.06.20, 04:03 PM
Hate I couldn't race this Thursday guys :(, but I was able to get the results to post :D. Looks like ya'll had a great night of racing as usual :cool:. Missing a few people, but still a great turnout :). How about that Mike Morse with an outstanding 64 laps to win the Stock B-Main :eek:. Pedro and Wade duked it out in the Stock A-Main with that Pedro dude taking the win :p. I did get to see the 70 Turn LM race, boy are those cars close. You can truly say that's anyone's race :cool:. Wade took the win, but there was some ultra close racing between the 1,2 and the 4,5,6 spots :eek:. And don't forget that Marwan guy getting 59 laps in LM and 60 laps in the stock. Everybody better watch out, cause he's coming hard :confused:!! He must be part of that whole Vote for Pedro campaign and shall be banned from any future contact with the rest of us peasants :p. Can't wait til next week, results attached.

James

Traveler
2009.06.20, 05:31 PM
Thanks for posting the results James, and for the encouragement. I need to get my cars a little quicker and work on making fewer mistakes and I think I can be competitive.

pick
2009.06.27, 05:01 PM
Finally, the long awaited results are being posted :confused:. I know you've probably all been sitting on the edge of your seats waiting............. Anyways, it was a great night of fast racing as usual at HSH :cool:. Couple of the regulars were missing due to other commitments, but the CRAZY CAJUN was back in the house :cool:. Good to see you again Lara! And if you don't come back soon we'll issue a warrant for your arrest :D. We were all having so much fun with the LM cars, that we decided to run LM in place of F1 due to time restraints. There was some seriously close racing in every class :eek:. Myself and Lara duked it out in the Stock B-main with me barely taking the win. I think unplugging Lara's chargers while his back was turned helped me a little :rolleyes:. Wade took a scorching hot win in the Stock A-Main! But check out the results. Wade, Rodney, and Jay all finished crazy close on the same lap count :D. Mike Morse and I fought like cats and dogs in the LM 70-Turn B-Main right down to the last lap. I barely got him, and think threatening to use my taser may have shook him up a bit :eek:. We all had such a good time that everyone except for the old man (Mike Morse) bumped to the LM 70-Turn A-Main. Did I just call Mike OLD? Oh well, I'm sure it wasn't the first time :p. Either way, Rodney and Wade beat us to death with Rodney taking the win. They also finished in the same lap with some unbelievable lap times :cool:. We won't be racing next week, so everyone get your junk tuned up for the week after. I had a great time and can't hardly wait til next time. Results are attached.

James

Breeze
2009.06.28, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the cool play by play Pick, I will be there for the next race!

pick
2009.07.11, 11:43 AM
Hate I couldn't make it this week :(. But, it looks like you guys had a great night of racing as usual :cool:. Dale and Marwan fought it out in the Stock B-Main with Dale taking the win. But it sure does look like it was close :eek:. The Stock A-Main must have been a fight to the finish between Pedro and Rodney. Pedro took the win, but check out the time and lap count!! They both finished very close with an amazing 68 laps :D. Great racing guys, but I still refuse to vote for you PEDRO :p. I did get to see part of the F1 race which was close also. Wade and Jay beat on each other right to the end :eek:. Wade took the win, but Jay had an all time best in F1 with 64 laps :cool:. Anyways, looking forward to being back next week. Fast racing, close competition, and good friends.......that's what HSH is all about :). Results are attached.

James

Traveler
2009.07.18, 06:49 AM
Hate I missed this past Thursday's action. Looking forward to James' play-by-play! :D

pick
2009.07.19, 07:10 AM
Here it be fellows, here it be :eek:. Another great night of racing at HSH :cool:. We were missing a couple regulars, but still had a good turnout :). We ran Stock and the 70 Turn LM class just as planned on the new track layout :D. The Stock A-Main was a real barn burner with everyone fighting right down to the finish. Rodney took the win, but Pedro and Wade were close behind :cool:. Jay "let's do a hat dance" Vasquez won the Stock B-Main :). But, he had to earn it with Mike Morse and Dale beating on the back door :confused:. Both 70 Turn Mains were extremely close as always ;). Wade took the 70 Turn LM A-Main over Rodney, but only by 5 seconds in the last lap :eek:. Mike Morse won the 70 Turn LM B-Main, but Dale and Jay were both close behind. There were more lead changes in that race than I have Dance moves :p. Can't wait til next week! Results are attached.

James

pick
2009.07.25, 09:58 AM
Alright, tie me up and burn me at the stake............I forgot to pick up the results before leaving Thursday :(. Sorry fellows, but I'll still give you the rundown :). Racing was fast and the competition stiff as usual at HSH this week :D. We had a good crowd, but missing a couple of vacationers. Hopefully, we'll pick them back up soon. The Crazy Cajun was back in the house and driving smooth as ever this week :cool:. Good to have you back on a regular basis Lara. Yank fought off myself and Marwan, taking the Stock B-Main with ease and advanced to the A-Main. The Stock A-Main was basically the Rodney, Wade, and Pedro show with Rodney taking the win :confused:. Marwan drove his car to victory in the LM B-Main allowing him to bump to the A-Main :cool:. The LM A-Main was very close, but that Rodney guy beat everyone again :eek:. Somebodies gotta step up to the plate and take that dude out :rolleyes:. Anyways, was a great night with some good guys and can't wait til next time. Results are NOT attached :o.

James

Traveler
2009.07.28, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the rundown James!

I'll be doing some work in Washington for the Feds :eek: through Thursday and flying back to CLT that evening. Scheduled to land at 6:30, so probably won't be at HSH until 7:30ish, but got my cars packed and hope to run with yall.

cosmicsoul
2009.07.28, 08:52 AM
I will be working on my tan Thursday, hate that I will miss it.

I talked to Todd Gutherie from SC yesterday. He is going to talk to Bob and Norm about coming up some time soon. They have all been real busy with work.....Granted this is a good problem to have these days! I hope to see them up soon they where always a fun group of guys to have a around and race with.

Well if any of you know how to get in touch with any other racers who have fallen through the cracks give them a call. The more the merryiar (this is probably a typo).

Momentum is up in the group and sure would be nice to keep things going through the winter.

It would be good for the Mini-z scene and for the hobby shop too! Heck invite a friend or two. I am sure we all have enough gear to put someone in a car a two. Anyway hope you guys have a great time and look forward to the next session.

Jay

mleemor60
2009.07.28, 09:14 AM
Jay. Do you have a contact # for Todd or Norm? PM it to me if you will. -J- the kid back from China might be able to catch a ride up with them. I would like to put them in touch with each other. One of the guys I ran into at the Dnano races was someone that I raced bigger cars with in Winston. He has Z's also. Maybe we can get him down occasionally.

pick
2009.08.09, 10:23 AM
Another great night of racing at HSH :cool:. We had a good turnout with a couple of new faces, but some of the regulars were MIA :(. The Crazy Cajun didn't show, and the Mad Mexican was cheating on us at the beach :p. And where's Dale? Hopefully, he isn't stuck under a VW somewhere :rolleyes:. That freakin' Marwan guy was out of town again for work! You need to get your priorities straight........MiniZ comes first :p!! Anyways, the racing was fast and the competition close last Thursday. Rodney took the Stock A-Main, but he traded paint with Pedro and Wade right down to the last lap. Zack won the Stock B-Main and bumped to the Stock A, beating out new guy Taylor of only two weeks :eek:. Wish I would have picked things up that fast :confused:. And Zack's gonna have to be banned from sitting with his dad (Pedro) now that he's winning ;). The 70-Turn LM race was extremely close as usual, but that Rodney guy walked off and won it too :eek:. Great racing and good times, can't wait til next week :D. Results are attached.

James

dalew2828
2009.08.11, 11:16 PM
Not a vw but a race car ,for two more weeks then i will be back. I have really been taking dance and miniz driving lessons. Hope to see every body soon.

pick
2009.08.15, 12:33 PM
Another fast night at HSH with some great racing :cool:. We had a good turnout, but still looking for some the old pros to come back from vacation :p. Mike Morse won the Stock B-main, but declined to bump into the A-Main :confused:. Pedro smoked the field and took the Stock A-Main. The F1 B-Main was won by Wade after having some mechanical difficulties, and he bumped to the A. Rodney walked off and left everyone in the F1 A-main, taking the win with ease :eek:. Rodney, that car may come up stolen or smashed if you're not careful :rolleyes:. To say it's fast is an understatement ;). Everybody be sure and check the results also, cause there is some very close racing going on in every class :cool:. You'll see several people finishing on the same lap within a second or less. Fast racing, good times, great friends.........that's what HSH is all about :D. Results are attached.

James

pedrocamp
2009.08.17, 10:06 PM
Rodney turned a 7.0 with his F1, that's crazy! He even stopped to put his tire back on or rub his car or something, embarrasing!

pick
2009.08.21, 02:24 PM
Another fast night of racing @ HSH :). With school open house and last minute vacations, some couldn't make it :(. But that didn't keep us from having a great night of racing :cool:. Luckily I was able to make my work schedule around racing so I could still participate. But, I should have just bought a ticket to the Rodney show and stood on the sidelines :p. Jay beat out Josh in the Stock B-Main and bumped to the A. However, the rest of the night was all Rodney :eek:. We gave him a good race, but in the end, he scorched all of us and took both the LM and the Stock A-Main :confused:. We even had some extra time and ran another Fun A-Main.....only to watch Rodney win again ;). Still a fun night :cool:. Somebody get hold of that Crazy Cajun and get him back down here, just about everyone else is accounted for :D. Don't forget, we've got it worked out now so that there's NO BREAK in our racing schedule. So we WILL BE RACING next week :cool:. Can't wait til then. Results attached.

James

pick
2009.08.28, 04:25 PM
Good times fellows, good times :cool:. Another fast night at HSH with some close racing :D. It was a little bit of a slow start figuring out the computer, but once we got going it was great as usual. The Crazy Cajun didn't show and that Marwan guy still claims to be working somewhere :p. But, we still had a great turnout. Our Resident Old Dude, Mike Morse, came to life last night forcing the Mad Mexican (Jay Vasquez) down to the Stock B-Main :eek:. Jay rose to the occasion and won the Stock B-Main, bumping to the A-Main. However, that Rodney guy smoked us again in the Stock A-Main :rolleyes:. Wade was able to get close, but no cigar :(. F1 was a bad decision on my part :o. We should have broken into two Mains. Instead, we all ran in one Main and broke each other :confused:. In the end, Wade took the F1 A-Main. Good win, but I think he was the only one left with a whole car :p. Everyone needs to be sure and thank Jim and Vicki for letting us run in their absence, they definitely go above and beyond to accomodate us. Great racing, close competition, and good friends.....that's HSH :D. Can't wait til next week, results are attached.

James

pick
2009.09.06, 02:44 PM
The times keep getting faster and the lap counts higher :eek:. T'was a fast night at HSH last week with some serious racing going on in all classes :cool:. Aaron, Marwan, and Taylor fought like cats and dogs in the Stock B-Main with multiple lead changes right to the end. Dale was in the mix early on, but had some mechanical difficulties :confused:. Either way, Taylor pulled off the win and advanced to the Stock A-Main :). Rodney was setting some blistering fast laps in the Stock A-Main and was able to beat off Wade and Pedro resulting in another weekly win :rolleyes:. Then it was on to the 70-Turn LM cars. In the 70-Turn LM B-Main, Marwan and Dale swapped paint right down to the finish :cool:. It was super close, but Marwan took the win and moved up to the A-Main :D. However, the 70-Turn LM A-Main was all about Wade :p. I think that joker even took his car off the track once to adjust something and still had an astonishing 61 laps and the win :eek:. Another great night fellows, looking forward to next week :D. Results are attached.

James

bmxtrev
2009.09.06, 04:22 PM
haha these are fun to read :)
sounds like a blast

pick
2009.09.15, 11:20 AM
Well, I guess it's better late than never :o. I wasn't able to race last week, but made a special trip to HSH on race night just to get the results. However, we got to talking about the upcoming DIABLO II and forgot what I'd come for :confused:. Either way, they're here now and still just as exciting ;). I was able to watch part of both stock races, and you guys had really turned the heat on :cool:. Marwan and Aaron were doing some serious battling, but in the end Marwan took the Stock B-Main and bumped to the A :D. Everyone keep their eyes on that Marwan dude, he's getting faster every week :eek:. Rodney, Pedro, and Wade swapped paint back and forth so much that I couldn't even tell who was leading for most of the A-Main :confused:. But that Rodney guy scraped by and took the win before it was over :mad:. F1 participation was a little down :(, I think primarily due to multiple mechanical failures. But, that didn't stop Wade from taking another win in F1. Great racing guys. It'll be Stock and LM this week, so get you're junk ready :D. Can't wait til Thursday, results are attached.

James

P.S. Don't forget the DIABLO II - 09/26/09!!!!

Traveler
2009.09.15, 09:19 PM
Thanks for posting the results James!

Do you know if HSH keeps the hardcopies of the race results from past races? I'm compiling my stats in Excel to do some analysis and there are a couple of weeks that you were MIA and no results got posted.

Also, does anyone recall when the track was reconfigured?

I'm in Orlando this week and Chicago next week, but hope to make it down for the Diablo.

pick
2009.09.16, 10:18 AM
If I'm not there, the results usually stay with the computer until someone throws them away :confused:. And, they are usually not saved. I'll check and see if any are floating around, but they've probably been discarded by now :o. I can't remember the date that the track changed, but you could look at lap times to see when they got significantly slower. That should get you close to the date. As far as you making it to the DIABLO..............you WILL be there or else :rolleyes:. You need to get your priorities straight, MiniZ's come well before any work or family obligations :p.

James

Traveler
2009.09.16, 06:33 PM
Thanks for looking into it. I guess the computer doesn't store a record of all the past results. In the future, if you are not there and I am, I'll be glad to pick up and post the results. I can be the backup picker poster. But I doubt I'll have the excellent play by play to go with the PDFs.

I can clearly see where my lapcounts decreased sharply in the data I have, but I may need to get some more info from the posted results that I missed in my first past.

I'll be at the Diablo, but if my wife fusses, I'm putting you on the phone with her to explain the priorities to her.

mleemor60
2009.09.16, 06:40 PM
Do what Jay does and give her a credit card and tell her not to spend too much. Also ask Jay how that turned out.

pick
2009.09.20, 10:42 AM
Attendance was a little low this week, due to some having prior work and family obligations :(. But, the racing at HSH was still fast as ever :cool:. We took a little longer than usual so that we could learn the CORE system before the DIABLO II next week. The system was working flawlessly by the end of the evening and the racing was close as usual. Another neat thing is that our results this week shows what every racer timed on every lap of the race. This way you can look at the entire race and see where your best laps were. Or, in my case, I can look at all the repeated sucky laps I ran :p. Due to time restraints, we only ran 5 min mains as opposed to our normal 8's. So for those of you keeping personal stats, you'll see a lot less total laps this week. Either way, we still had a lot of fun :cool:. In the Stock B-Main, Mike Morse and Aaron fought right to the end. Aaron really turned the heat up, but in the end Mike prevailed and bumped to the A-Main :). The Stock A-Main was, as usual, the Rodney and Wade show :rolleyes:. Check out their almost identical pace, best lap, and total time. Wade took the win, but they were both on the same lap and almost side by side to the finish :eek:. We ran one great big LM Main to finish out the night. To say it was mayhem is an understatement, but lots of fun :D. There was super close racing in every position, but that freaking Pedro (whom I shall not vote for!!) took the win ;). Great racing fellows, and even better sportsmanship. Results are attached.

P.S. Don't forget the DIABLO II is next week guys!!! This Thursday night we will be concentrating on setting up the shop. We may not have enough time to race, but please come out to help if you can. If time allows we'll still run a short race or two :D.

James

pick
2009.09.28, 08:57 AM
The Diablo II was great :D!! I've posted the results in the Diablo II events thread for those wanting to view them. Here is the link:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32450&page=4

James

pick
2009.10.04, 12:28 PM
Another great night of fast racing at HSH :cool:. We were missing a couple of the regulars, but still had enough to make up 2 mains in both classes. I think Pedro had to attend a fundraiser for his upcoming election (which I shall not vote for him) :p. And Jay had to secretly go to dance lessons with his wife after loosing the Friday Night Dance Off before the Diablo last week :rolleyes:. I'm also pretty sure that Dale is now Cagefighting on Thursday nights instead of racing :eek:. You'd be suprised how much damage a wiry little guy like Dale can do with proper training ;). Either way, the rest of us commoners were racing like madmen. Aaron, Conor, and Mike M. fought back and forth in the Stock B-Main right to the last lap. In the end, Aaron took the win and bumped to the Stock A-Main :cool:. The Stock A-Main was anybodies race. Wade couldn't keep his junk running, and Rodney had to make some mid race adjustments which let us peasants catch up. With lady luck on my side, I barely fended Rodney off for the win :eek:. But don't forget to check out Aaron and Marwan's results for the A-Main. Those guys raced with a vengeance, so everyone better watch out!! Mike M. walked off with the win in the LM 70-turn B-Main, but couldn't be convinced to race in the A-Main. Don't ask me why :confused:? The LM 70-Turn A-Main was another Wade and Rodney show. I guess Wade figured out how to keep his tires on for that race, cause he gave Rodney a whooping while turning some seriously fast laps :eek: The rest of us were just spectators while Wade took the gold. Had a great time guys, and can't wait til next week :D. Results are attached.

James

pick
2009.10.12, 05:32 PM
Well it took me a while to get them posted :o, but it's been a full weekend with the Enduro @ Myrtle Beach. Anyone that didn't make it, definitely missed a tiring but good experience. Anyways, last Thursday was a little low on participation compared to normal. But, we still had two mains and a full night of racing :cool:. Hopefully everyone will be rested, healthy, and back on the track this week. The Stock B-Main was fast and nasty. Mike Morse and Aaron fought it out just like the prior couple weeks :eek:. That Aaron kid had really found some speed though, and came out victorious in the end with a bump to the A-Main :D. In the A-Main, Wade couldn't keep his tires on again this week :p. Wade, I've got some tire tape you can borrow this week if you need it :rolleyes:. Either way....Rodney, James, and Pedro swapped paint to the last lap. However, that Rodney guy took the win defeating us as usual :mad:. F1 was next, with crashing and smashing :eek:. Wade thought he could catch Rodney after laying down some crazy fast laps in practice. But when it came time to race, Pedro was the only one within striking distance. Rodney still won, but Pedro (whom I will not vote for) is getting closer and closer ;). Great racing guys, and can't wait til this Thursday. Hopefully Jay's wife will be off her death bed and Marwan's will let him come out to play :p. Results are attached.

Traveler
2009.10.13, 09:02 AM
Pedro had the slowest best lap in the A-main:confused:? What? Was he running on 2 batteries, no rear tires, in training mode or all of the above? Wish I could have been there. I might have had a chance to beat Pedro :o (if I could have gotten out of the B that is) :eek:

Pedro, you'd better have your Fiero running right this Thursday night because I have been using my time off to clean, sand, lube, polish and tune all my cars and I'm itching to run again. :cool:

See you all Thursday!

pick
2009.10.17, 12:05 PM
Another night of fast and nasty racing @ HSH :eek:. Pedro's wife had him on house arrest and our resident old guy (Mike M.) had to goto bed early or something :rolleyes:. Todd from the SC crew showed back up from his long vacation. However, the whereabouts of Norm (the crazy hat dude) is still unknown :p. But that didn't stop the rest of us from racing furiously :cool:. We started off the night with Stock B-Main. The racing was close but Conor won with a 2 lap lead and bumped to the A :confused:. Everyone was chasing Rodney in the Stock A-Main as usual. Rodney took the win, but Wade got scary close to him ;). Then it was off to the 70-Turn LM cars. Yank won the 70-Turn LM B-Main even though he had a tire coming off late in the race and bumped to the A :). Luckily, Rodney's car was broke, unassembled, or sabotaged which gave the rest of us a chance in the 70-Turn LM A-Main :rolleyes:. I had a horse shoe up my butt (which was pointed out numerous times during the race) and beat Wade off for the win :eek:. Had a great time, can't wait til next week :D. Results are attached.

pick
2009.10.27, 12:32 PM
Sorry it's taken so long to get these posted fellows, but to say I've been busy is an understatement :o. I wasn't able to race last week, but I did get to see a few laps when I came to get the results. Last week was kind of a test and tune night for the guys going to the Charity race, but there was still some fast racing going on :cool:. It's good to have Todd from SC back in the mix regularly, and Taylor put off studying to come play for a night also ;). The Stock B-Main was a blood and guts fight between Taylor and Jay :eek:. They both were in striking distance right to the end turning almost identical lap times. When all the dust settled, Jay emerged victorious and bumped to the A :confused:. However, Wade raced with a vengeance in the Stock A-Main winning by 2 laps over Aaron :eek:. The 70-Turn LM race had some great racing going on in the 2, 3, and 4th positions, but no one could catch Wade. Wade beat out the Mad Mexican :mad: Jay Vasquez by 3 laps in the end and took the win. Great night guys, can't wait til this week :D. Results are attached.

Traveler
2009.10.27, 01:13 PM
Sorry I couldn't be there last week, was in Vegas for work. But I plan to be there this week. Hopefully Taylor can come back again. And where is that Pedro dude :confused:

pedrocamp
2009.10.28, 12:17 PM
THE DUDE ABIDES!

Look forward to swapping gloss coat this week. F1 is it?

Traveler
2009.10.28, 01:01 PM
Glad to hear you will be back this week!

When I was there 2 weeks ago, it was Stock and LM. But it looks like they ran LM again last week, so I'm not sure about this week :confused:

I have a new LM car, new batteries and a new KO radio in route (should be delivered today), so I look forward to trying them out. Also hoping Wade was able to finish painting my Mazda body so I can see what it looks like :D

Can't wait!

pick
2009.10.28, 04:07 PM
So now we're swapping to The Big Lebowski?

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6103/thedudeuy0.jpg

Another great film :cool:. However, I still shall not vote for Pedro even if he is referred to as "The Dude" :eek:. The rotation should go back to normal this week. Last week everyone ran LM in place of F1, this week should actually be an LM week ;). Either way, I'm bringing everything so I'll be ready to run what everyone decides :D. See ya there DUDE.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.10.29, 01:45 PM
James,
I know this is off topic, but did you get your awd swap worked out?

pick
2009.10.30, 06:56 AM
James,
I know this is off topic, but did you get your awd swap worked out?

I'll send you a PM.
Thanks

pick
2009.10.30, 07:46 AM
Can you believe I'm actually getting these posted already? Crap, I can't either. Well it t'was another great night of fast racing and stiff competition at HSH. Luckily, Rodney wasn't able to make it so the rest of us peasants had a chance :p. There were a couple others missing, but still a great turnout. Todd made the trip from SC again, but the whereabouts of "Funny Hat Guy" Norm is still unknown. Maybe Norm and the Crazy Cajun (Breeze) are secretly working on MR03's together and will make a triumphant return ;). Either way, we all had a great time last night. We started with the Stock B which was fast and ferocious. Josh took the win and bumped to the A :). But check out the rest of the field. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th positions were all basically on the same lap for the entire race. And how about Don finishing second :cool:. Looks like all that hard work is paying off Don. The Stock A was mass destruction, leaving enough parts on the track to build a spare car :rolleyes:. Wade and I chased Pedro hard, but couldn't pull it off. In the end, Pedro took his place as usual on the winners podium :mad:. The 70-Turn LM B-Main was yet another great showing. All those guys ran on the same lap for about 75% of the race :eek:. Marwan got the win and the A bump, but almost everyone was within a lap at the end. We finished out the night with the 70-Turn LM A-Main. Man was it close too! We had more lead changes than a mexican hat dance :p. Before it was over, Wade pulled a rabbit out his hat, and ran off with the gold :eek:. But don't think the rest of us weren't close on his heels. Had a great time guys. Fast cars, close racing, and good friends..........that's what HSH is all about :D. Can't wait til next week, results are attached.

Traveler
2009.10.30, 10:07 AM
Sweet! Now I can update my Excel file :D

Seriously, thanks for doing this week in and week out James.

pedrocamp
2009.10.30, 12:05 PM
Holy crap James! Posted already? Why is it that only Marwan is faster with his stock car than with his LM car?

pick
2009.10.30, 12:46 PM
Either Marwan is LM challenged, or the rest of us are Stock Car challenged :confused:. Definitely doesn't make sense that larger, heavier cars with the same motors and batteries would be faster :eek:.

Traveler
2009.10.30, 02:25 PM
Holy crap James! Posted already? Why is it that only Marwan is faster with his stock car than with his LM car?

But I got 55 laps in the stock and LM mains. Were are you seeing that I am faster in stock? :confused:

pedrocamp
2009.10.30, 02:53 PM
Lap times...

Traveler
2009.10.30, 03:03 PM
I just checked my Excel file and compared best lap times in Stock vs. LM for each week and I'm consistently faster in stock. So everyone else is faster in LM? Guess I need to work on my LM car...

ps This is my 400th post :)

Traveler
2009.10.30, 03:10 PM
Off topic, but I need to get in touch with Don. Taylor, not sure you are keeping up with this thread, but if you are can you PM your dad's number?

Does any one else have Don's number?

pedrocamp
2009.10.30, 04:20 PM
Sent you a PM, CONGRATULATIONS!

pick
2009.10.31, 07:06 AM
What, did Marwan have a new baby or something :confused:? I thought I saw a new picture in his wallet Thursday night...........

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/9244/funtrecon2ru6.jpg

A chip off the old block :p. If only I could make 400 useless posts :rolleyes:.

Traveler
2009.10.31, 07:49 AM
Thanks guys! We still haven't decided on a name. I'm pushing for Jamie (hoping James will be the god father :eek:), but my wife thinks Morgan would be more appropriate (in honor of Capitan Morgan brand rum). Of course Bacardi is not out of the question :)

pedrocamp
2009.10.31, 09:01 AM
I like Morgan, and we can call you the CAPTAIN!

pick
2009.11.07, 10:40 AM
Since Marwan shamed me into getting them posted :rolleyes:...........here they are. It was a great night as usual at HSH. The Crazy Cajun made the trip up on his 2 wheel death trap so he could get in on the fun too :cool:. Todd and Don were absent, but I'm sure they'll be back next week. Marwan wasn't even there, but for some reason wants to see the results. Maybe he's secretly plotting against us :confused:. Wade brought every relative he has in NC and a few that belonged to someone else :eek:. If you build me a car Wade, I'll consider calling you Daddy too :p. Now for the racing. Aaron walked away with the win in the Stock B-Main and bumped to the A. However...... Jay, CJ, and Lara duked it out to the last lap for second place with some very close racing :cool:. Myself, Wade, and Pedro chased Rodney like madmen in the Stock A. We got close, but that freakin' Rodney still won :mad:. F1 drew the night to a close with Pedro finally dethroning Rodney. The results are kind of screwed up looking, but Pedro took the gold :D. However, Rodney set a new track record of 6.830 with his F1 :eek:. Great racing guys, can't wait til next week :D.

Traveler
2009.11.07, 11:04 AM
Thanks for complying James. You know I'm plotting, scheming, clawing, dreaming. Whatever it takes to win. LOL

Hey Pedro, what motor powered your car to victory?

pedrocamp
2009.11.07, 11:53 AM
The Super Secret Marwan Skunk Werks motor with Intellect 750s and a great deal of luck!

pick
2009.11.18, 10:49 PM
I know, it's pretty sorry to post last weeks results 1 day before the next week's race :o. Oh well, doing the best I can with what I got. Was still a great race night with some fast laps on a slightly modified layout :cool:. Dustin smoked the field in the Stock B-Main, but declined a bump to the A. Wade probably didn't have his batteries ready for him ;). The Stock A was all about Wade. Pedro and myself chased him hard but to no avail. Wade took the gold laughing all the way :eek:. The LM B-Main had some great and close racing going on. Jay "The Mad :mad: Mexican" Vasquez beat out "Old Man" Mike Morse and bumped to the A, but it was a fierce battle right to the end :cool:. In the LM A-Main, Wade ran off and hid again :confused:. Pedro had the fastest lap, but Wade "K-Dub" Smith had a horseshoe up his rear :p. Don't worry fellows, we'll break his legs and superglue his fingers together for tomorrow night :eek:. Besides, there's no way he can keep from slinging a tire off two weeks in a row :D. Great racing guys, looking forward to tomorrow! Results are attached.

pick
2009.11.30, 10:32 AM
Well, we're through with the whole turkey day thing, decorating the house thing, and dealing with out of town family crap. So, the long awaited posting of our last Thursday night race will finally happen :D. Our last race was a big one. Not only did we have a cool new track layout (big thanks to Wade), but there were enough racers to make a C-Main :cool:. The lap times got quicker as the night went on and the competition was extremely close. Conor started out the night with a win in the Stock C-Main and bumped to the B ;). The Stock B-Main was some of the closest racing I've seen yet. I don't think anyone knew who was in the lead for half the race :confused:. Marwan, Jay, and Aaron fought tooth and nail right to the finish. In the end Marwan took the win and bumped to the A, but you've gotta check out how close the times were :eek:. Rodney and Pedro walked off and left the field in the Stock A-Main. I think they had their own personal race and the rest of us were just spectators :p. It was close, but Rodney snatched the gold right out of Pedro's hands for the win :eek:. Next was the F1 B-Main. Jay (representing MWG Racing Inc.) Vasquez killed the field, winning with a 4 lap margin and bumped to the A :D. It didn't really matter though. As usual Rodney smoked us like a bad crack pipe :mad:. Someone needs to smash his F1 :rolleyes:. Great night guys, can't wait til next time. Results are attached.

pick
2009.12.13, 09:22 PM
Well, I wasn't there and didn't get to see any of the racing........but I did acquire the results from Andy so they can be posted :cool:. Aaron won the Stock B-Main and bumped to the A :). But check out the 2, 3, and 4 place finishers. They all finished on the same lap with less than a 2 second spread :eek:. As usual that freakin' Rodney guy won the Stock A-Main :mad:. Lara and Conor fought down to the last lap in the 70-turn LM B-Main :confused:. Lara took the win and bumped to the A. However, Rodney put another win under his belt in the 70-turn LM A-Main ;). Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun, hate I missed it :o. Results are attached.

pick
2009.12.13, 09:50 PM
Alright, I was back this week for Race Night @ HSH!! I know my presence was sorely missed, and you all yearned for my return. But never to fear, James is here. However, Todd couldn't get any gas money to make the trip from SC....Marwan couldn't get a pass from his very muscular and manly wife.....Jay was somewhere shooting BAMBI while doing a hatdance......Old Man Mike was rubbing icyhot on his aching joints........and Rodney was, uh, well to be honest nobody missed Rodney :p. Mostly we were all glad to increase our odds of winning by default ;). Everyone still had a great time and there was a pretty good crowd. Lara "The Crazy Cajun" sped off to victory in the Stock B-Main with a bump to the A :cool:. But Pedro (whom I shall not vote for) walked all of our dogs in the Stock A-Main for the win :mad:. Keep in mind that this is only Pedro's second week with a brand new MR03 :eek:. Yeah, that's not good for the rest of us :o. The F1 race was filled with action and carnage as usual :confused:. Pedro supposedly took the win with Wade finishing just behind him :mad:. However, I shall now publicly challenge the results :rolleyes:. There will be a trial on Judge Judy with stiff fines and penalties. It's not my fault you guys don't know how to wire your transponders :p. Anyways, had a great night as usual and can't wait til next week. Results are attached.

pedrocamp
2009.12.13, 10:08 PM
James, we do "yearn" for you when you are absent!

Thanks for posting the results week in and infrequent week out.

I pay Aaron to add extra laps to my F1 count, I admit it! Aaron is unassumingly slick though, just try and prove it! Bring on the Judge!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, see you guys in January.

pick
2009.12.22, 12:16 PM
Well, this past Thursday was our last official Thursday night race of 2009. I've thoroughly enjoyed swapping paint with everyone this year and I'm looking forward to another great year of racing with you guys for 2010. We truly have a great group of fast, competitive, and sportsmanlike guys week in and week out :cool:. And, of course, big thanks to Jim and Vicki of HSH for such a great hobbyshop to race at. I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do on Thursday nights than race at HSH :D. Our attendance was a little down last week due to the holidays, but we still had enough for 2 mains in both classes. Marwan and Taylor fought to the last lap in the Stock B-Main :eek:. Marwan won and took the bump, but Taylor was looking good with some 7.5xx laps. Not bad for his first race in months and driving a brand new MR03. I got lucky and won the Stock A-Main by the skin of my teeth :rolleyes:. That freakin' Wade was right behind me though. Our fast lap times were separated by .001 of a second and we finished within .320 of each other on the same lap :eek:. Holy crap that was close. Aaron smoked the field in the 70-Turn LM B-Main for the win and bumped to the A ;). But old Wade got his junk together and showed us how it's done in the 70-Turn LM A-Main :rolleyes:. He won with ease over the rest of us :mad:. Also, Wade set an unofficial track record during practice with his Stock car of 7.222. But don't worry Wade, I'm sure Rodney will beat it as soon as he get's back :p. Good times fellows, good times. Great racing, fast cars, stiff competition, and good friends..........that's what HSH is all about :). Results are attached.

Traveler
2009.12.22, 01:38 PM
Thanks for posting these James and for the always entertaining commentary. I look forward to 2010. :D

p.s. Pedro I finally had a faster best lap in LM than stock last week! :eek:

pick
2010.01.15, 12:00 PM
Racing was wild and fast @ HSH for our first race of 2010 :cool:. We shook things up a little for the New Year and had a Saturday race. The turnout was awesome and the competition close as always :). Our buddy Bob even made an appearance from the SC crew......if only we could that Norm guy to come back :p. Aaron and Mike Morse swapped paint back and forth in the Stock B-Main fighting for first place. In the end, Aaron won and took the bump to the A :D. The Stock A was crazy close :confused:. I got lucky and took the win, but not by much. That freakin' Pedro was on the same lap and I think there were 3 lead changes right at the end :eek:. I had to leave and didn't get to see the rest of the races, but it looked like a great day. In the LM B-Main....Aaron, Mike M., and Don all finished on the same lap :confused:. Holy crap, I wish I could have seen that. Aaron took the win and the bump, but man was it close. Wade and Pedro duked it out in the LM A-Main with Wade taking the gold. Jay "The Mad Mexican" won the F1 B-Main and bumped to the A :D. And that Pedro guy walked off with the win in the F1 A-Main :mad:. BOOOOOOOOOOOO.....HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :p! Great day guys, wish I could've stayed for it all. Results are attached.

pick
2010.01.15, 12:03 PM
Here's the rest of the results from 01/02/2010. It won't take 6 attachments :(.

pick
2010.01.15, 12:20 PM
Regretfully, I wasn't able to race this week :(. I had to do that whole work thing which sucks royally. But, it looks like everyone else had a great night of racing :cool:. Lara "The Crazy Cajun" was back in the house and took the Stock B-Main with a bump to the A ;). But the Stock A-Main was all about Pedro, Taylor, and Wade...........wait a minute, did I say TAYLOR :confused:? Has the axis that the Earth rotates on tilted in a different direction :p? Pedro won, but Taylor finished on the same lap in 2nd place. I'm glad he's going back to school :rolleyes:, just kiddin' great racing guys (but somebody really should check his car :p). Jay "The Mad Mexican" took the win in the LM B-Main with a bump :D. But old Wade opened up his bag of tricks and ECLIPSED the field for a win in the LM A-Main :eek:. Great racing guys, wish I'd been there. Results are attached.

pick
2010.01.15, 12:43 PM
Once again, I couldn't race. But, I'll be back next week. I know all of you are secretly yearning for my return :p. And, thankfully, this post will get us caught up on the results. Attendance was a little off this week, but still not bad. Some old faces are slowly but surely reappearing :cool:. We all know there's nothing better to do on Thursday nights than race @ HSH :)! We all hoped Rodney would stay gone a while longer, but...............HE"S BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK :p! Aaron and CJ fought to the last lap in the Stock B-Main. Aaron won and took the bump, but there was only a 2 sec separation between him and CJ :eek:. I'll give you two guesses who won the Stock A-Main, and only one counts. You've got it, that freakin' Rodney guy :mad:. Rodney scared Pedro so bad that he forgot his battery clips in the A-Main :p! The rest of us lay out one week and come back chasing the field. Rodney vanishes for a month only to come back and spank us :confused:. Everyone said that Rodney also won the F1. But, the results show that Pedro (whom I refuse to vote for) won by 0.914 seconds on the last lap :eek:. I'm not really thrilled about either one of them winning, but it must have been one heck of a race right down to the end :cool:. Looking forward to being back next week. Results are attached.

cosmicsoul
2010.01.16, 08:34 AM
I would like to take a vote that we don't let Rodney come around unless we have an event or are going to an event.

It really is nice when one of our own does well at an event. However it's getting a little old on Thursdays!

Every one who is in agreement post your vote. Don't worry about Rodney finding out he never gets on the forum anyway.

pedrocamp
2010.01.16, 09:00 AM
Keep Rodney, I want to beat him!

with a stick...

pick
2010.01.16, 11:27 AM
Yeah, let him race..........as long as it's one-handed and blind folded :p.

pick
2010.01.29, 11:54 AM
I know it's taking me forever to get these posted, sorry guys :o. It was a great night of racing as usual @ HSH :cool:. We had a huge crowd which split us into 3 mains for the Stock Racing :eek:. It's good to see some new faces entering the hobby every week. Needless to say, I'm sure they'll be moving up the ranks as time goes on which makes our racing faster and closer than ever :confused:. The cool thing is that no one seems to mind giving newcomers that much needed helping hand. That says alot for our hobby and for the group we have racing :cool:. Anyways, on to the results. Chance took the win in the Stock C, but declined to bump to the B. Aaron and Marwan fought like siblings right to the finish in the Stock B. I doubt they're actually related, but Aaron beat Marwan out for the win and the bump. I fully expected a fist fight, but Marwan looked rather intimidated by Aaron's bright orange shoe strings :p. It truly didn't matter though, because Rodney smoked us all like a bad crack pipe in the Stock A-Main :mad:. We were getting short on time and ran everyone at the same time in the LM 70-Turn class :confused:. To be honest, it looked more like a demolition derby than a race. But, it was still loads of fun. Pedro (whom I shall refuse to vote for), pulled the rabbit out of the hat and won with a 3 lap margin over the field :eek:. Had a great time guys and can't wait to do it again :D. Results are attached.

Traveler
2010.01.29, 12:25 PM
I fully expected a fist fight, but Marwan looked rather intimidated by Aaron's bright orange shoe strings :p. It truly didn't matter though, because Rodney smoked us all like a bad crack pipe in the Stock A-Main :mad:.

Yeah, yeah! At least I beat Rodney in the LM A-Main. :eek: It may not have been fair or square, but I'm printing the LM results and framing them :)

Seriously, hope Rodney got his LM car running right and best of luck to those headed to MB this weekend.

pick
2010.01.29, 12:41 PM
Well, we've got a problem :confused:. I was in such a hurry last night that I forgot to get the results :(. Oh well, I'll tell you what I remember and edit with the actual results later. We were missing a couple regulars, but still had a huge crowd last night :cool:. Once again, we had to break into 3 mains. In addition to that, I know that at least two more Mini-Z's were sold to customers that will soon be racing on Thursdays also :D. Growth is a good thing and it keeps us all fresh. Now for the results. Rylan won the Stock C-Main, but declined on the bump. Aaron, Lara, and Mike M. fought like cats and dogs in the Stock B-Main :eek:. Aaron took the win and the bump, but Lara and Mike were close on his heels :cool:. I won the Stock A-Main, but just barely. Wade and I had numerous lead changes right down to the wire, but I got lucky in the end ;). The F1 race was fast and nasty....kind of how I like my women :p. We all chased Wade with a vengeance, but he still beat us out for the win :mad:. Had a great time guys, can't wait til next week :D. Results are attached.

pick
2010.02.09, 11:27 AM
Well I wasn't able to race this week, but I did get to see some of the Mains when I came for the results. Attendance was a little low, but we still had two full mains in each class :cool:. Regardless, there was some crazy fast racing going on @ HSH :). I could bore you with all my normal results talk, but we have something much more important to be speaking about :confused:. Let me tell you fellows, that FREAKIN' DON was on his game tonight :cool:. They say that every dog has his day, well tonight was Don's. Not only did he win the Stock B-Main and bump to the A, but he also won the LM B-Main and bumped again ;). Holy crap, Don, I guess it all came together in one spectacular night :rolleyes:. Don also wins the iron man award for being on the track for 4 consecutive races :D. Both the Stock and LM A-Mains were very similar with that Pedro dude winning just in front of Wade :p. But, ya'll better look out for Jay "the mad mexican" Vasquez who was nipping at their heels in his new MR03's :eek:. Great racing guys, can't wait til next time :D. Results are attached.

pick
2010.02.15, 06:07 PM
Man, this a great night of racing :cool:. Even though some of the regulars were out of town, we still had a very full house. To my knowledge, this was some of the closest and fastest racing I've ever seen at HSH :D. We started off the evening with the Stock C-Main. It's great to see new guys starting to learn their way around the track. They all had smiles as big as their personalities during the entire race. Even though Ray was the victor, I think they all won in their own way ;). The Stock B-Main was all about Marwan :rolleyes:. Everyone else chased him, but no one could catch him setting a blistering pace in that new MR03 :D. Marwan took the win and the bump. The Stock A-Main was crazy fast. Even though Pedro (whom neither myself or my son will vote for!!) led the entire race, it was far from dull. Myself, Wade, and Pedro stayed on the same lap right to the end :eek:. Wade and I ran as hard as we could, but just couldn't do anything with that Pedro dude :mad:. The F1 race finished the night off as usual. It was mass mayhem and destruction, but once we sifted through the rubble Wade emerged victorious :cool:. Some other notable events of the night were the 63 laps ran in the Stock A and new lap records in both Stock and F1 :). You gotta check out the results for yourself. Also, MBMZR sent Eric down to spy and race :confused:. He's mighty fast guys, so keep your eyes on him. Can't wait til next time, results are attached.

Traveler
2010.02.15, 08:38 PM
Pedro is too freekin consistent! He had the second slowest hot lap and won the Stock A Main :confused:

kromie101
2010.02.21, 05:34 PM
i wanna check out those results:p:D:)

Traveler
2010.02.21, 07:47 PM
I'm not so sure I want to see them :o

pick
2010.02.22, 03:11 PM
Alright, alright!! You know how slow us state workers are, but I'm finally getting the results posted. T'was a fast freakin' night of racing at HSH this week :cool:. Some of the regulars were MIA, but still a very full house. We started off the evening with the Stock C-Main as usual. It was actually a pretty close race, but Kyler and Robbie just couldn't quite catch Ray who finished first :). Next was the Stock B-Main which was super close with numerous lead changes. In the end, Aaron took the win and bumped to the A :D. Now for the Stock A-Main. I told ya'll to watch out for that Eric guy :mad:. Eric, Wade, and Rodney all ended on the same lap, but only one could be victorious. You got it.....Eric drove up from SC, walked in our house, kicked our dog, slapped our women, and left with the gold :eek:. Don't worry fellows, I'm working on having his driving privileges revoked in NC :rolleyes:. The LM B-Main was next and looked more like the Marwan show than a race :confused:. Marwan smoked the competition and bumped to the A ;). In the LM A-Main, the old Rodney we love to HATE showed up to race :p. We all chased hard but just couldn't make it happen. Rodney took the win and the fast lap time of the race :eek:. Looking forward to next time. Results are attached.

kwsmith29
2010.03.06, 09:03 PM
Sorry guys I dont have the verbage or b/s Mr. Pick posts with, but here are the results from last week.

Stock C Main:

Ray 35 Laps
Robbie 33 Laps
Bob 20 Laps

Stock B Main

Laps Total time Diff Best time
Lara 41 6:12.927 7.831
Don B 37 6:03.386 4laps 8.005
Connor 34 6:04.915 7 laps 7.983
CJ 14 2:31.655 27 laps 8.235

Stock A Main

Laps Total time Diff Best time
Wade 63 8:03.218 7.219
Rodney 62 8:05.551 1 laps 7.100
Jay Vasquez 56 8:02.729 7 laps 7.349
Lara 53 8:02.412 10 Laps 7.419

F-1

Wade 61 Laps
Jay 54 Laps
Rodney 50 laps
Lara 50 laps
Conor 46 laps

pick
2010.03.10, 06:30 PM
Okay, it's time for the weekly verbage and B/S from HSH :D. Where in the crap are some of the diehard regulars :confused:? We had a full house, but still missing some. Marwan stayed at home with his supposedly sick wife to hold her hand as she laid in bed :rolleyes:. The Crazy Cajun's (WHO DAT?!) 2 wheel death trap woudln't crank or something. Don was making a round-the-globe flight, and Dale won't come back from racing real cars. Either way, it was a good turnout including one of MBMZR's finest who will soon not have the privilege of driving in NC anymore :p. We started out the night with the Stock B-Main. My little buddy, Jay "The Mad Mexican" Vasquez whooped up on old man Mike Morse and bumped to the A :). The Stock-A Main was fast and nasty :cool:. As Wade so humbly stated at the end, he dominated the field in the A :eek:. The rest of us still had fun chasing him, but just couldn't make it happen :(. The LM B-Main looked almost identical to the Stock B with Jay taking the win and the bump. But that freakin' Eric came to life in the LM A-Main :mad:. Eric won the race, but you gotta check out the results. The top three all finished on the same lap with some super close racing right to the end :cool:. Had a great time and can't wait til the next. Results are attached.

pick
2010.03.13, 09:37 AM
Some may have forgotten, but in between our heated discussions Thursday was some serious freakin' racing :). We had a large crowd with some old faces reappearing splitting us into 3 mains. The racing started off with the Stock C-Main. Old man Mike Morse and Don traded paint and position for the entire race. Mike won in the end, but don't forget about the new guy Ray. Give him a few more weeks with some Vasquez sponsorship and he'll be knocking on your back door :cool:. No one bumped to the Stock B-Main. The B was definitely anyone's race. I'm pretty sure that every participant led at some point or time even if it was briefly :confused:. In the end, Marwan took the win and the bump but it sure was close :D. Now for the Stock A-Main. I told you guys to watch that freakin' Eric guy :rolleyes:. He complains about his car the entire night just to distract us, then rolls in like Mr. Smooth with a lap to go and smokes us like a bad crack pipe :mad:. Hey, at least we didn't waste $40 on a body that didn't even get run :p. I'm currently training my son in spider monkey ninjutsu so we can take Eric out and steal all his "junk" :eek:. Eric has now been formally banished to the parking lot for pitting. Don't worry, we'll call you in to race :rolleyes:. F1 finished out the night with a new track record and an incredible amount of laps. Rodney won with 64 laps and a 6.737 lap :cool:. Results are attached, can't wait til next time.

kromie101
2010.03.13, 04:14 PM
james,i love to read the right ups:D. don't stop:)

Traveler
2010.03.19, 08:23 AM
Nobody can write up the events of a race night like James! Since our fearless commentator was MIA last night, I grabbed the results. I was going to try a Pick style commentary, but it would probably be lame. Maybe James can give us the regular play-by-play action just from looking at the results. Yes people, he is that good ;)

Until then, let the results speak for themselves.

cosmicsoul
2010.03.19, 11:09 PM
Man Marwan you totally dominated stock! I hope I can join the ranks of the 60 lap club one day too!

Good racing everbody! Sorry if I wrecked you. Stay out of my way and you won't have to worry next time!:eek:

Traveler
2010.03.20, 07:33 AM
That might be a stretch. Rodney had car trouble and Wade had handling trouble and James was MIA. If only that stinking Pedro had stayed home :D

kwsmith29
2010.03.20, 10:01 AM
Marwan, give yourself some credit. I don't want to sound like James, but you were freakin awsome thursday night. Great run. Your lap time have been improving weekly and you know when to race someone and when to let them go. Good job.

Jay you have made great strides also. Your lap times show this. The sixty laps will come. You just need to exercise paitents at times.

I have news for you guys, everyone is getting better. The whole field is tighten up. Hell, look at what that old man and what he did this week. Good run Mike. And it looks like that Josh guy may be returning to form. A little more luck in stock and he would have been in both A's.

The B main is gonna be a battle every week, Top qualifer in the B was less than two seconds out of the A. And with us setting fields each week by the previous weeks finishing order it will make things very intresting. A bad run or failure will set you in the B qualifer. Should be fun, I'm looking forward to it....

Later guys,
Wade

pick
2010.03.31, 08:11 AM
It was a fast night of racing at HSH this week. We were a little off on attendance, but still had a great group of racers. Much to my dismay, there were no fistfights, screaming, or even stomping on other peoples cars :confused:. I came completely prepared for fighting, dancing, and racing. Regretfully, we just raced :rolleyes:. Somebody needs to call the Crazy Cajun to make sure he hasn't overdosed on spices. And don't forget Dale, he may be drowning in a pool of motor oil. Where's Todd and Norm from SC? I could care less where Eric from MBMZR is......tell him to stay where he belongs with his unusable Lambo body :p. Anyways, we started off the night with the Stock B-Main. Or should I call it the Stock "Old Man Morse" Main ;)? You got it, "Old Man" Mike Morse whipped the field. And get this, he even bumped to the A for a change :eek:. Good job Mike. Next was the Stock A-Main. The cars were tight and fast, but that Freakin' Pedro (whom I'm reconsidering voting for) got past all of us. Pedro took the win and laughed at our demise :p. We finished out the night with the F1 Main. Well, what can I say.......MWG Racing eclipsed and dominated the field taking the top two positions :D. Given, we were the only two that finished the race :eek:. Either way, Jay "the mad mexican" Vasquez took the gold and said he's not giving it back :mad:. Great night of racing fellows, can't wait til next time. The ultra close results are attached.

P.S. Someone please call Marwan and tell him to let his wife know who's in charge so he can race again :p.

pick
2010.04.02, 01:10 PM
Nobody hit your computer or start tapping the screen. Nothing is wrong with your internet connection either, I just happen to be on time for once in posting the results. T'was April's fools yesterday, so we all went to HSH and raced like a bunch of fools :p. Some didn't show and others showed entirely too much :eek:. But, it was still a great night of super close racing as usual. Jay "the mad mexican" Vasquez, won an A-Main last week and said he's never coming back. Marwan went to DC to visit Obama, only to find that Obama came down here to Charlotte,NC. That must have been awkward. And, I think Lara "the Crazy Cajun" is touring the countryside on a completely nude motorcycle ride :confused:. We started off the night with the Stock B-Main. Rodney basically beat everyone to death and took the win. Crap, he was even talking smack to my 6 year old :mad:. Don't worry, Kyler punches at just the right height to cause some serious injury if needed :p. As if I even needed to tell you, Rodney took the bump. The Stock A-Main was fast and close. We all chased long and hard, but Wade walked our dog and took the win :eek:. Next was the LM B-Main. Don and Taylor "college boy" Burton fought it out right to the last lap. Taylor took the win and the bump, but it was a great race for both. We finished the night with the LM A-Main. Wade had talked some serious trash after winning the Stock A only to finish the night chewing on some feathery crow :p. Rodney and Pedro (whom I might vote for) finished within 0.584 of each other :eek:. Rodney won the gold, but that's freakin' close :). Had a great time and can't wait til the next. Also, Mike "old man" Morse went home early due to being a little under the weather :(. Hope you get feeling better Mike. Results are attached.

pedrocamp
2010.04.02, 03:07 PM
WOW! RESULTS!

Always entertaining to read! I am a little disturbed by Lara's "Easy" Rider trip though.

The Burton-Burton race was great...

Breeze
2010.04.03, 05:13 PM
As Steppenwolf said 'Born to be Wild' :D I will be back soon when I have finished scaring all the women and children!

pick
2010.04.09, 11:30 AM
Race results already :confused:?!?! Can you believe that I'm actually on time two weeks in a row? It's probably due to the fact that I'm a member of one of the world's premier Mini-Z race teams (MWG Racing) and my endless devotion to HSH :rolleyes:. A tear almost came to my right eye......give me just a second fellows. Anyways, I didn't get to race this week :(. But, I did get to watch some of the action when I picked up the results. Instead of the regular schedule, everyone decided to have one big and nasty 15 minute main to conclude the night :eek:. There were cars flipping, fenders bashing, headlight covers popping out, and scary fast laps being turned :cool:. Rodney and Pedro were fighting it out for the top position, but there was some close racing throughout the field. In the end Rodney took the win, but Pedro (who might get a few votes) set the fast lap ;). Jay "The Mad :mad: Mexican" was on a ciesta with his family and couldn't attend. The irony is that everyone ran over 60 laps tonight (60 laps is Jay's nemesis :p). So, theoretically everyone has ran 60 laps or more now in a main.............except for Jay :o. Can't wait til next week, results are attached :).

Traveler
2010.04.09, 01:39 PM
I really enjoyed the leisurely test & tune session last night and the opportunity to talk more to other racers and look over their shoulders. I've learned so much since I started racing at HSH more than a year ago and I appreciate everyone sharing tips and ideas with me.

The 15 minute main was also fun. Just wish I had run more powerful batteries. It wouldn't have changed my final standing, but I might have finished with a couple more laps!

For those going to the Petite Le Mans, best of luck.

See you all next Thursday! Better get to work on my LM car.

pedrocamp
2010.04.09, 11:05 PM
I and the boys here in Myrtle Beach had a big laugh James! We also think we should start a new 60 lap club at HSH... membership benefits include commemorative hat and T-shirt, name placed on a beautiful plaque on prominent display in the hobby shop, hobby shop discounts, etc... It's great that NEARLY everyone would be a member!

pick
2010.04.10, 10:02 AM
The 60 Lap club is a great idea :cool:. It's just sad that my little mexican buddy will be excluded :(. Rumor has it that even Jay's family and close friends are ridiculing him unmercifully for his Mini-Z shortcomings :eek:.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3066/holai.jpg

I wonder if Jay wears tights like those guys on non-race nights :p?

pedrocamp
2010.04.12, 05:41 PM
Good God! Is Jay running ceramic ball bearings like these guys? I hope the tights don't expose other shortcomings!

kwsmith29
2010.04.12, 10:33 PM
Rotflmao?????

pick
2010.04.17, 07:04 AM
Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes. This forum is now in session for the dispatch of official business with the honorable "pick" presiding. God save this state and HSH. Alright, everybody turn your freakin' cell phones off and keep ya mouth shut 'cause we had some serious racing going on at HSH this week resulting in the inducting of a member into the infamous 60 Lap Club :cool:. We were a little low on attendance this week, but there was no shortage of crazy fast racing. Pedro (who still doesn't deserve any votes) made a guest appearance prior to the start of racing solely for the purpose of autograph signing after his Petite Lemans victory with Rodney :rolleyes:. Not even my son wanted his signature, so he got mad and left screaming that we were all mere peasants in his eyes. I'm not sure what that meant, but it seemed a little out of character for Pedro. Now on to some race results. The night started off with the Stock B-Main. "Dynamite" Don Burton piloted his super fast car to victory and took the bump to the A with ease ;). Now for the BIG story of the night, the Stock A-Main. Jay "The Mad :mad: Mexican" Vasquez led almost the entire race. Regretfully, with two laps to go Wade snuck by him and stole the win :(. But, Jay finished with an astounding 62 Laps :D!!!!!! So, by the power invested in me, I hereby pronounce Jay as an official card carrying member of the 60 LAP Club :). However, Jay was the LAST racer at HSH to achieve this goal and he spent almost all his pesos to get there :p. Everyone's still proud of ya little buddy. We finished out the night with one big LM Main. Rodney took the win, but I poured sugar in his gas tank later :confused:. Winning definitely comes with a cost :rolleyes:. Had a great time guys, can't wait il next week. Results are attached.

P.S. The sixty lap club will soon be disbanded due to the formation of the 100 lap club which Jay is not a member.

Traveler
2010.04.17, 08:49 AM
Man Marwan you totally dominated stock! I hope I can join the ranks of the 60 lap club one day too!

Good racing everbody! Sorry if I wrecked you. Stay out of my way and you won't have to worry next time!:eek:

Guess all it takes is a little prodding. Or was it the ball bearing brothers that pushed you over the edge? Great run Jay. Kinda wish I wasn't in the same race so I could have better seen you drive.

pick
2010.04.26, 03:23 PM
Well it wasn't quite as memorable as Jay's induction to the already dissolved 60 lap club :confused:, but it was still a great night of racing at HSH. Big thanks to Wade for putting the new track layout together :). For those that haven't seen it yet, it's a great layout that'll definitely keep your attention ;). We started out the night with Stock B-Main. It's pretty safe to say that Marwan stomped the competition and took the bump with ease :D. After listening to Wade whine about his servo gears all night, I figured his junk would break again during the Stock A-Main :p. Much to my displeasure, someone loaned him a real radio just before the race :mad:. Either way, Wade smoked us for the win but not without everyone giving him a good chase :cool:. F1 was last and basically looked like mass destruction :eek:. It was fun but the new track layout kicked most of our butts :rolleyes:. However, Rodney still found a way to kick what was left of our butts for the win. Crap, he wasn't even driving his own car :eek:. Great night of racing guys, can't wait til next time. Results are attached.

pick
2010.05.06, 10:05 AM
I know, I know, I'm really freakin' late this week :o. No excuses, just extremely busy. But, it's better late than never..............right :rolleyes:? Anyways, I didn't get to race this week and didn't even get to see the racing so it's hard to comment on much. What I can tell you is that there were only two 10 minute mains ran as opposed to the usual multiple 8 minute mains :confused:. Either way there was some fast racing and close lap times happening at HSH. Rodney "The Hit Man" Combs took out the competition during the Stock A-Main and cruised to another win :eek:. Nobody really likes you Rodney :p. LM finished out the night as usual. Wade walked everyone's dog and took the gold :mad:. However, Marwan set a smokin' fast lap time ;). Supposedly he's running a stock fet 03 :rolleyes:. What freakin' ever :D!!! Yeah, I usually use energizer batteries and autoscale tires with stock diffs too buddy :p. Great racing fellows, can't wait til tonight. Be sure and check out the attached results, there was some very close racing all through the ranks.

pick
2010.05.08, 08:07 AM
Ok, I'm doing much better this week in getting the results posted. Or, at least that's what I'm telling myself anyways :rolleyes:. HSH was full of fast and nasty racing this week even though we were missing a few of the regulars. My little Mexican buddy was sitting at home watching Jerry Springer and eating tacos :eek:. Marwan's wife told him he could race, but he had to finish his chores first (which he didn't) :p. And, "old man" Morse sneaked out before we started racing to work on his secret weapon for The Carolina's Cup (I think I heard him whisper "MBMZR sucks!") :confused:. We gotta tighten up the reigns on these people. Either way, t'was a great night of racing. We started off the night with the Stock B-Main. Conor Combs beat up Don "Top Gun" Burton for the win ;). But Don said something about challenging Conor to a fight in the parking lot later. I'm not sure how that worked out, but Conor is a master of SpiderMonkey Jujitsu :eek:. There's nothing quite like seeing an old guy get beat up by a 10 year old is there? Next was the Stock A-Main. That freakin' Rodney guy beat us like a drum for the gold :mad:. He makes no sense to me. How does a car suck so bad all night and then wins the A-Main every week? Freakin' sandbagger!! Last, but not least was the F1 Main. As usual there was carnage and destruction throughout the race. Crap, Pedro (whom I shall not vote for) even picked up his stool and began walking around the track at one point :confused:. I think he was using some kind of ancient Jedi mind tricks in an attempt to defeat us mentally :eek:. Either way, my car was about the only vehicle left in one piece at the end...........so I snuck by for the win :). Great racing and good times, can't wait til next week. Results are attached.

P.S. I DVR'd Springer so I could watch it later and still race.

pick
2010.05.31, 08:13 PM
Well, it was kind of an impromptu night that came together at the last minute :). But, that didn't keep us from doing some screamin' fast racing at HSH :cool:. On the negative side, we didn't have a huge crowd :(. However, it cleared the way for my 6 year old, Kyler, to make his first of many A-Main appearances :p. The Stock A-Main was a close race and everyone was still learning the track. In the end, Rodney punched us in the face and ran off with our wives :eek:. I didn't really want her anyway Rodney, it's about time you dealt with some of my problems :p. We ended the night with the LM A-Main. There were numerous lead changes, but somehow I snuck by and ran out the door with the prize before anyone noticed :confused:. I'll take it any way I can get it these days. Oh, and so he won't whine..................that freakin' Wade set the fast lap in both Mains :mad:. Blah, blah, blah :rolleyes:. Had a great time guys and really enjoyed the new layout. Can't wait til next week, results are attached :D.

pick
2010.07.01, 02:17 PM
I know, I'm a week late posting the results :o. But, at least they are getting posted :). We had a pretty small crowd last week due to vacations, work schedules, and recovery from the PN Regionals :(. But that didn't keep the ones that showed up from duking it out on the track all night :cool:. We started off the night with the Stock B-Main. Michael French, Old Man Morse, and Top Gun Burton fought back and forth for the entire race :eek:. French pulled out the win with a bump, but not without swapping some paint along the way :D. There was also a super close race between Kyler and Mini-Z newcomer, Lincoln :cool:. They were crazy close the entire time. Give those guys some time and they'll be knocking on the back door before long ;). We finished out the night with the Stock A-Main and the LM A-Main. Some prick guy got lucky and won both mains :eek:. His personality sucks, but sometimes he's able to get his junk running pretty good :p. Had a great night guys, can't wait til next time. Results are attached.

cosmicsoul
2010.07.06, 11:44 PM
Any one know what classes we are running this week?

pick
2010.07.12, 09:50 PM
Another great night of fast and nasty racing at HSH :cool:! Freakin' Pedro still hasn't come back from campaigning for the upcoming election :mad:. Marwan's been off doing who knows what since his family isn't around to keep him in line :eek:. And Rodney's gotten tired of beating us every week, so he went to the beach :confused:. Oh well, screw all of ya :p! We still had a great time by ourselves. Anyways, we started off the night with the Stock B-Main. Don "Top Gun" Burton beat everybody like a drum and then took the bump :D. But, the little guys didn't go down without putting up a fight. Lincoln and Robbie swapped paint right to the end. You better keep your eyes on those crumb snatchers, they're getting faster by the week. We finished out the night with the Stock and LM A-Mains. Somehow that freakin' "prick" guy won 'em both :mad:. He's probably cheating, I heard he was kinda crooked :rolleyes:. Either way, there was some super close racing going down between Taylor "Tarheel" Burton and Wade "Kdub" Smith ;). Be sure and check the results, cause it was definitely anybody's show with a little luck. Had a great time guys, can't wait til the next :). Results are attached.

Traveler
2010.07.13, 07:36 AM
Wow! Looks like some really close racing. Luckily we won't have to worry about that stinking Tar Heel for a few weeks. Maybe he'll fall for some seniorita down there and transfer to the University of Miami.

pick
2010.07.21, 01:03 AM
Another great night of racing at HSH :cool:. Pedro and Marwan made a triumphant return. Rumor has it that they were secretly touring the Mini-Z community rallying efforts to overthrow our current leaders :confused:. Not sure how that worked out, but it was good to have them back.......even though I still refuse to vote for Pedro :p. Rodney still didn't show and said he wasn't coming back until one of us proved ourselves worthy of his Mini-Z greatness :rolleyes:. Anyways, we started off the night with the Stock B-Main. Marwan beat up on "Old Man" Morse and the kids for the win with a bump :D. The Stock A-Main was next and crazy close with at least 4 or 5 lead changes :confused:. I barely scraped by Pedro in the end for the win with only a 1 second margin :eek:. We finished out the night with a crash derby.....I mean F1 :p. F1 was all about Pedro and Wade. They fought like 2 girls on prom night wearing the same dress, but somehow Wade came out on top ;). Be sure and check out the attached results, cause there was some close racing going on throughout the ranks in every class. Had a great time fellows, can't wait til the next :).

pick
2010.07.28, 12:23 PM
Another great night of racing @ HSH :cool:, but kind of low in attendance :(. That freakin' Pedro didn't even show up until we were finished :confused:.Either way we still swapped some serious paint all night :D. The Stock B-Main was a grudge match between Lincoln and Kyler :eek:. It was nasty close and they duked it out right to the end. Kyler barely edged Lincoln out for the win, but it was some great racing for both :cool:. I'll make the rest of this short and sweet...........unlike the winner of the remaining races ;). The rest of the night was all about Wade, Wade, Wade :mad:. We chased him hard, but just couldn't pull it off. Wade won both the Stock and LM A-Mains :eek:. That's alright big guy, we're hoping all your remaining vehicles blow up too :p. Just kidding! Great night, can't wait til the next. Results are attached.

pick
2010.08.04, 06:59 PM
The tables have turned. The planet is off its axis and the complete truth is shining through in all its glory :eek:. Things changed this week at HSH and none of us will ever be the same, but we'll get to that in a minute. Everyone was having their usual great night of paint swapping and trash talking, but then the Stock B-Main began. Many of us watched in amazement as a story began to be told that would haunt us forever. Everyone knew that Taylor "School Boy" Burton was running strong, but Marwan (The Lebanese Lover) was running him down like a female dog in heat :p. Not only did they set a blistering fast pace, but also the record amount of laps ever ran in the B-Main!! It was fast and nasty, but Taylor emerged victorious with a bump to the A. As I stood on my stool waiting for the start bell to the Stock A-Main, I glanced across the room. Everything seemed pretty normal. Jay was dancing and hugging himself while listening to an old Journey tune :p. Marwan was almost to go into a nicotine fit due to a lack of smokes. Wade was scratching his butt and Pedro (Whom I Won't Vote For!!) was gently rubbing my leg ;). Then I caught a glimpse of Taylor. He was pacing back and forth beating his chest while chanting some sort of war cry! The gleam in his eyes made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.........or that could have been due to Pedro rubbing my leg :p. As we left the start line, Taylor sliced through the traffic like a ginsu knife taking the lead. The veil had been torn, the light had been lit, and we were all there to see it with our own eyes. Taylor kept the lead while driving with extreme precision until almost 1 minute to go when destruction reared its ugly head. No one truly knows what happened, but it was horrific. Some said it was lack of preparation, others said lack of experience. I personally believe it was carefully calculated sabotage :eek:. Now I'm not gonna name any names, but Pedro did end up winning the race :mad:. Either way, I'm sure that Taylor will have many young women swooning over him with his ALMOST victorious story :p. The rest of the night was pretty uneventful. Marwan won the F1 B-Main with a bump, and that freakin' Pedro smoked us all in the F1 A-Main :cool:. Hmmmmmmmmm..............Pedro won again, looks awfully suspicious :rolleyes:. Great night of racing guys, can't wait to see what next week brings. Results are attached.

Traveler
2010.08.04, 08:07 PM
James, I think you missed your calling. I was trying to read your post on my iPhone on the way home this evening and can't believe I didn't wreck! I couldn't read it and drive, nor could I wait to get home to read it. If I could have pulled over easily, I would have. Tried calling you to see if you would read what you wrote to me. What a riot!

See you tomorrow. And I hope college boy can make it for round 2!

kwsmith29
2010.08.04, 11:35 PM
If I remember correctly, James did work on Taylors car befor the start of the heats, and he did take credit for how good Taylor was looking in the heats. Would he raise this kid up just to kick him in the knads. It's not like that motor screw just fell out, just backed out enough to drag on RPC. How much running do ya think it would take a slightly loosened screw to back out enough to drag? Maybe two heats a B main and 7 mins of the A. I'm not pointing any fingers James, but....

Stuck
2010.08.05, 11:15 AM
Haha very funny posts. Burton Racing is still under the same ownership (mainly for financial reasons), but I have decided to split ways from my old mechanic. There is an opening for anyone interested. :p

Traveler
2010.08.05, 11:33 AM
Taylor, are you racing tonight? I want a rematch!

Best mechanic you can hire is yourself. No substitute for wrenching on your own junk!

Stuck
2010.08.05, 12:13 PM
That is probably true. Yes, I'll be there

Traveler
2010.08.05, 12:27 PM
Glad to hear it! Hope you bring your A game and car. I've been running with the big dogs and I've learned some new tricks. Woof, woof!

Marwan

pedrocamp
2010.08.06, 06:27 AM
Well? Was he back?

Traveler
2010.08.06, 06:35 AM
If you're asking about Rodney, I think he got scared when he saw how James, Taylor and I were running and decided to stay home. I had an 8.2xx hot lap last night in one of the mains and it wasn't enought to beat James in LM.

pedrocamp
2010.08.06, 07:05 AM
I meant Taylor! Rodney is old news now!

Actually Traveller, after the million laps you've done in the last month you too have become an A-Main win contender! Great job on the 8.2! Look forward to James' write-up.

See you guys next week...

Traveler
2010.08.06, 07:29 AM
Oh! My fault!

Taylor was there and we ran neck-and-neck in the Stock and LM heats trading for 2nd and 3rd after James :rolleyes: running first in every heat. I know I got 2nd in the LM main right behind James :rolleyes:, and was in the lead for a short time towards the end, but lost it. For the life of me I can't remember how we placed in stock :confused: behind James :rolleyes:. James :rolleyes: said he'd have the results posted today! :D

cosmicsoul
2010.08.06, 08:21 AM
I wish my guys would hurry up and leave the office so I can get working on my junk!

I have a lot of work to do to try and catch up with you guys seems I am about 4 to 5 tenths of a second slower than every one and three to four laps down.

Wish I could come out this weekend don't think its going to happen though. Need to spend some time with the family after last weekend.

pedrocamp
2010.08.06, 08:32 AM
Send the wife and kids to Mexico for a couple of months! Actually you have improved tremendously over the last two years. In the beginning you make big cuts in lap times and as your skills improve the difference seems less and less. Patience and consistency are the hardest things to master, that's where my focus has been lately and I have a bit of work to do.

pick
2010.08.06, 10:11 AM
Well, my complaint box has been getting filled up every week with hate mail due to my tardyness in getting the results posted :(. Since my wife is scared that someone's gonna come flatten our tires or do a drive-by and shoot up our house, I figured I'd be on time for once :). We were missing some of the usual Mini-Z tribe last night. Pedro (Whom I Shall Boycott til My Death) decided he should lay low to avoid prosecution for the INCIDENT that ocurred last week leaving him victorious :confused:. Rodney still refuses to come back and race with all us mere peasants. And Wade just totally blew us off this week. Whatever, we never really liked any of you anyways.......LOSERS :p. The rest of us still had a good time regardless :cool:. The night was started off with the Stock B-Main. Mike "Old Man" Morse trumped the competition, but declined to bump due to his feeble legs :rolleyes:. The real race was a couple positions back between Kyler and Lincoln. They stayed on the same lap for the entire race with Lincoln taking the lead and the win in the last turn :cool:. The Stock A-Main was next with some super close competition. I got lucky with the win, but Taylor "School Boy" Burton and Jay "The Mad Mexican" Vasquez were knipping on my heels and duking it out for second right to the end. The night ended with one big group of LM. Me and Marwan (The Lebanese Lover) swapped lead changes like we were doing an Argentine Tango for the entire race :p. In the end Marwan may have had a few screws dragging like Taylor's were last week.........giving me a little needed ADVANTAGE :eek:. Fast racing, close competition, and good friends.....that's what HSH is all about :D. Great night guys, can't wait til next week. Results are attached.

Traveler
2010.08.06, 01:27 PM
Geez I sucked in the stock main. I demand a rematch tomorrow!

pick
2010.08.13, 10:25 AM
We had a great night of super close racing @ HSH as usual :cool:. Everyone has really been practicing and working on their junk, so to say that it's anyone's race is an understatement :D. We got the night kicked off with the Stock B-Main. In the end, Marwan beat Don "Top Gun" Burton for the win and a bump ;). Stock A was next and the tension was high :confused:. We all chased that freakin' Pedro (who should be impeached from office), but with no avail :mad:. He beat us like a drum and stole the race. However, Jay "The Mad Mexican" Vasquez had a personal win, running an all time best of 51 laps :). We brought the night to an end with an all out bash of LM cars :cool:. Wade talked a bunch of smack and won the race, but only because Marwan (The Lebanese Lover) stopped and let him catch up at the end :p. Be sure and check the results though, because your top 4 were all on the same lap for the entire race :eek:. Great night guys. I'll be out of town next week :(, but looking forward to the following. Results are attached.

pedrocamp
2010.08.13, 12:48 PM
Wow James, fast service! Good fast racing last night. Great runs by Taylor, Marwan, and Jay! We could start seeing some new names at the top of the chart very soon. Maybe Rodney is too scared to come back? See you next Thursday. Remember DP2, Pan Stk, next week.