PDA

View Full Version : New Mini Z coming up!

usaserres
2007.10.27, 10:52 PM
Have you guys seen the new upcoming car from Kyosho.

This car comes with a DSM radio! The body is owesome!

Check the link:

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/carsandtrucks/minizracer/30441KR-B.asp

I will definitely get one!

Denis

pinoyboy
2007.10.27, 10:57 PM
Have you guys seen the new upcoming car from Kyosho.

This car comes with a DSM radio! The body is owesome!

Check the link:

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/carsandtrucks/minizracer/30441KR-B.asp

I will definitely get one!

Denis

Yea, I'm looking forward to these too! Theres a couple threads talking about this on the site, but thats the first one I've seen that links to the Kyosho USA site. Depending on how they run on Patrick's track, i'm gonna sell one of my mod cars :p

dohc
2007.10.27, 11:28 PM
crappy remote. i was told these wont be sold as a ready set. you'd have to buy the radio alone which is what they should have done in the first place.

arch2b
2007.10.28, 12:04 AM
as far as i know, jpn market has always had that option, atleast i've seen them in jpn market shops that way for a long time. they just never made it over here in that form.

they even sold the ad-band cars this way in jpn.

simpleskin
2007.10.28, 01:04 AM
I'm stoked that Kyosho is upping the technology and investing in developing the PCB further.

-j

AtlRC
2007.10.28, 08:25 AM
crappy remote. i was told these wont be sold as a ready set. you'd have to buy the radio alone which is what they should have done in the first place.

Do you know that the remote is actually crappy? I guess that would be my first reaction as well due to the fact that it's still toyish looking and I'm guessing will be lacking many high end features. I would also assume that it's not as comfortable and functional as my Airtronics MX-A or any other after market radio people use... but has anyone heard of someone actually getting their hands on one?

Also, I know there are threads talking about the possibility of using your own transmitter... but I don't think I saw a definitive answer on being able to use your own? Anybody know for sure? I would guess that eventually you might see modules being introduced for the various transmitters that might work. Any ideas?

Nice to see Kyosho doing this! It'll be awsome to not have to deal with frequencies! As long as the transmitter is not a big stumbling block, I'll be looking to sell or upgrade all my cars!

Thanks,
-Patrick

AtlRC
2007.10.28, 09:11 AM
Here's where the info is on the ASF radio system. It looks like we will for sure have other transmitter options. I couldn't have imagined that we wouldn't have had. I look forward to these cars!!! Can't wait for the F1 with this radio system too!

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117

marc
2007.10.28, 10:55 AM
Well, forget the "crappy" radio, I'm just interested in the chassis and that new Leman's body! I hope they do other Leman's type cars as my preyers have been answered! Remember my previous posts about Leman's type cars? Yea! These bodies will definetly be collectables when released in AutoScale form! I also wonder if they will fit regular MR02 chassis. If so, that would be the better way to go I think.

dean
2007.10.29, 01:17 AM
I can probably manage to wedge that under the RCP rails a few times :o

ChattavegasSE
2007.11.10, 11:29 AM
That body looks awesome and I'm stoked about the DSM! But what's with the toyish radio? I wonder if I can use my Spektrum TX with it. :o

Mzfreak
2007.11.16, 06:26 PM
k how many new minizs came out since 2006?

marc
2007.12.13, 02:11 PM
Does the Mini-Z Lite count?

michvin
2007.12.14, 11:01 AM
Someone actually tried this radio? How do you guys know its crap? Unless we know the specs and list of functions we can't tell. Judging by looks there's no radio crappier than Helios, and we all know that this is one of the best out there.

arch2b
2007.12.14, 11:10 AM
Someone actually tried this radio? How do you guys know its crap? Unless we know the specs and list of functions we can't tell. Judging by looks there's no radio crappier than Helios, and we all know that this is one of the best out there.
i don't think the comment in any way is reflective of the features, just the asthetics. i think the helios looks cool :p a bit overkill on the buttons but better than some of the others with large protruding screens, etc.

michvin
2007.12.14, 11:13 AM
i don't think the comment in any way is reflective of the features, just the asthetics. i think the helios looks cool :p a bit overkill on the buttons but better than some of the others with large protruding screens, etc.
I personally hate the way helios looks, but would get it without thinking if i had to replace my current radio :D

simpleskin
2007.12.14, 11:16 AM
I love the Helios, I will be using it with the ASF 2.4GHZ Z's hopefully. Has anyone confirmed that there will be a module for the Helios? I've seen some pictures but no confirmations.

-J

russp
2007.12.17, 10:13 PM
Just noticed this car has a 102 MM wheelbase just like my Nascar. I wonder if this body would fit on my MR015 Nascar chassis. I've been looking for another body for it since the Nascar body pops off so easily so maybe this will be it.

simpleskin
2007.12.18, 02:29 PM
It should fit, though I bet the front offsets for the wheels and tie rod will need to be changed.

-j

russp
2007.12.18, 10:57 PM
Just noticed this car has a 102 MM wheelbase just like my Nascar. I wonder if this body would fit on my MR015 Nascar chassis. I've been looking for another body for it since the Nascar body pops off so easily so maybe this will be it.

Well, I'm still pretty tempted to buy this body, whole set actually once it comes out. However, I did find that the Iwaver Saleen body I had would fit on the MR-015 Nascar by moving the H-plate and changing the damper spring. I'm suprised at how much better it handles and all I really did was change the body.

Since the car is black I had to add a few decorations to make it easier to see on the track. Nothing real fancy but my boy likes it much better than the Nascar body since it now stays put. :)