PDA

View Full Version : xmod truck off road question

fixed13
2007.10.28, 01:59 AM
I know I am behind the times but I just got a xmod H2 truck. I also picked up the off road kit for it and installed it. There seems to be alot of bump steer once it is installed, is this normal or did I do something wrong? Bump steer meaning as the front suspension compreses the tires change there orientation for direction of travel. As it compresses the tire points out instead of straight ahead. Seems to just be sloppy parts but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. :(

mk2kompressor
2007.10.28, 04:05 PM
its normal although there are ways of making it better :)

fixed13
2007.10.28, 10:24 PM
thanks for the response, how about spilling the beans on how to make it better?

monkey19
2007.10.29, 08:15 AM
the best fix is to get an overland :D , other then that check out this thread http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22726&highlight=avant+xmod

there is a lot of helpfull information in it.

arch2b
2007.10.29, 01:14 PM
i posted on this exact flaw when they first came out. :mad: i bought and installed all the offroad parts and it made it undrivable basically as the frotn wheels bowed out soo much it didn't have any speed or power and forget steering.

do a search on rock crawler, there are numerous threads on how people have modified xmods trucks for offroad driving specifically.

i posted on this topic so long ago, i don't recall if there were any fixes to the problem. i know i took all the parts off and made street truck out of it instead. infact, it's still sitting on my shelf where it's been collecting dust for a very long time.

fixed13
2007.10.30, 01:50 AM
the best fix is to get an overland :D , other then that check out this thread http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22726&highlight=avant+xmod

there is a lot of helpfull information in it.
Thanks, I have an overland, I just wanted to see how good I could get the mod to be. The idea of 4 wheel drive was what got me. I tried the link that you posted and got "can not find server" so that didn't help any. I will search some more for info just cause I have to screw with everything I own.

J-Milz
2009.10.29, 12:35 AM
Has anyone tried to put a Kyosho 2.4ghz board in a Xmods? I have a Xmods truck sitting around and was wonder if it improved the steering of the Xmods? I know Atomicmods did it but I would like the working mans voice.