PDA

View Full Version : Car balance/ Traction problem

ruben.monteiro
2007.10.29, 04:35 AM
I'm new to Mini-z cars, but have several RC cars, I intend to race with the 2WD mini-z that I bought and for that I'm modifying, I bought a kyosho ball differential, ball bearings. The problem is when I do full throttle, the car tends to slide to the right, I think that the left wheel has more traction then the right, I also saw that the wheel in the right doesn't fit as tight, as more
clearance from the wheel to the bearing, has the one in the left. Can anyone give a clue on how to solve this.

Thanks

byebye
2007.10.29, 06:27 AM
What kind of tires are you running? If you are on the stock tires I'd pick up some better ones soon. What surface are you running on?

Kris

minittrackmann
2007.10.29, 02:42 PM
i run on rcp and am using atomic dish wheels. 20's in the front, and 8's in the rears. both pn radial tires... they run great. i also had this problem when i was using stock tires..

byebye
2007.10.29, 04:25 PM
i run on rcp and am using atomic dish wheels. 20's in the front, and 8's in the rears. both pn radial tires... they run great. i also had this problem when i was using stock tires..

Check these:

H-plate
Motor wires rubbing body
Motor wires too short
motor wires too long
No side to side play on diff

Kris

ruben.monteiro
2007.10.30, 03:37 AM
Thanks for all the answer, I haven't tried it on a race track, I only have run it on my garage entrance. I have 30's tires in the front and rear, I will see if the problem continues on the track.

Falfa
2007.11.06, 03:03 PM
I also got a new Kyosho ball bearing diff yesterday and having same problem. When i turn right i seem to loose traction in the rear. I'm using hard kyosho carbon h-plate on rcp track with foams.

Falfa
2007.11.08, 02:49 PM
My problem seems to be related to the carbon h-bar from Kyosho. I cant see that my chassis is tweaked but when i put orginal h-bar in the traction is even.

color01
2007.11.08, 11:05 PM
Or maybe your chassis is tweaked and the plastic t-plate counteracted it. :D

I've found that paper or thin plastic shims under the t-plate do wonders for dialing out tweak. Grab the comics section of your local newspaper and have fun, etc... :D