PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon: RCP track

Breeze
2007.11.09, 10:53 AM
I proposed to the group last night that we all pitch in and purchase some RCP track. Wide ovals are being offered at a heavy discount at radioshack for $49 each. We took a show of hands and it was overwhelmingly positive. We took up a collection and I beleive more than $200 was donated for the cause. The hobby shop will most likely help us out also. The owners @ High Speed Hobbies are wonderful. They do not charge a race fee and provide very low cost refreshments for us. There is some concern among the 1/18th sacle racers about the lane widths. We will probably have to purchase some expansion tiles to accomadate them. All in all, we should be able to get set up for around $500. I want to personally thank all who donated for this worth while venture.

Lara

Breeze
2007.11.09, 11:18 AM
I checked on the price of the expansion pack and it will cost $225 + shipping, so we will be just a little over $500.

cowboysir
2007.11.09, 11:34 AM
I'd like to mention that the RCP track from RS is excellent. I just made the trip to the States to purchase 6 ovals(391.00 with tax and faster shipping to store) and we have enough track to make a large layout936ft x 66ft of track total). For the price(and if you ignore the xmod logo printed on it) you can't go wrong. ;)

Breeze
2007.11.14, 05:05 PM
I talked to Jim (HSH owner) today. 6 wide oval RCP track sets have been ordered from RS and he will order the expansion tile set from Kyosho. Because he is a Kyosho dealer, he can get the wholesale price on the expansion pack.
Soooo!! in a few weeks we will be racing on the new track!!! :D

pinoyboy
2007.11.14, 05:28 PM
I talked to Jim (HSH owner) today. 6 wide oval RCP track sets have been ordered from RS and he will order the expansion tile set from Kyosho. Because he is a Kyosho dealer, he can get the wholesale price on the expansion pack.
Soooo!! in a few weeks we will be racing on the new track!!! :D

man, one day i'm gonna have to come up there and race, but I have no idea when that will happen :p. You guys race on thursday only?

Breeze
2007.11.14, 11:02 PM
Yea, we race only on Thursday nights for now, but practice is open any day except Sunday and Monday. Come on over!

Breeze
2007.11.17, 10:40 AM
Now we are waiting on the expansion pack from big K. There will be a track building night instead of a race on the Thursday after Thanksgiving-unless some anxious racers decide to set it up earlier (y'all know who you are) :D

pinoyboy
2007.11.17, 06:01 PM
Hey, just wanted to know if I ever do plan to go, how much would a transponder be to buy/rent?

Breeze
2007.11.17, 08:09 PM
The AMB transponders are $99 and they rent for $5 a race night